Edward Snowden

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Sormiron

Edward Snowden

Post by Sormiron »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/20 ... ction-live
U.S.A... My contempt for your government never seem to cease to find new wood for the fire.
Isolder

Re: Edward Snowden

Post by Isolder »

You sound like a terrorist.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

Yeah OK Isolder. Move along goon.
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

Do you honestly expect the government to sit idly and let all these communication mediums be free to use for terrorist or other criminal organizations without any worry of interception?

Of course they are going to monitor them. I fucking expect them to.
Zak

Post by Zak »

You seem grumpy Isolder, is there a bomb in your anus? I expect the government to check.
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

What I find rubbing my balls the wrong way, is that all these big brother methods come from a "democratic" government that has made up their mind on what is right and wrong without hearing the peoples opinion, paving the way for a perfect police state. The limited, and very often onesided, information that is given through media is also giving strong hints of it being controlled.

You are not the only country moving in this direction. Even Sweden has made some questionable laws in the dark concerning internet security, knowing it would be questioned if it was out under discussion.

I do kind of like this quote here.
absolute power corrupts absolutely

There seem to be a trend to move the power away from the people more and more. You more or less know by now that the things you belived you voted for will not be fullfilled by those that you vote for, but what you do know is that they will do "stuff".
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Democratic doesn't mean fair. In fact, it just means majority rule. None of this comes as any surprise when you consider the fact that public opinion can be shaped via large-scale psychological manipulation ("bread and circuses") á la the methods introduced by Edward Bernays, for instance. Would you be surprised to learn that most Americans, even after learning about the NSA's domestic spying programs, support it overall? (Source)

Even with these numbers, skepticism is probably called for considering public polls like this are notoriously plagued by response biases.

The main point is that it seems foolish to me for one to believe America is a force for good, spreading the democratic ideal. If it spreads anything it's neoliberal doctrine which ostensibly benefits private interests (corporate capitalism).
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

Unfortunately I am not suprised. I quite liked that quote
Bread and circuses
people should look it up.
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

GiantKillerGenerator wrote:You seem grumpy Isolder, is there a bomb in your anus? I expect the government to check.
So long as they remove the hemorrhoids they can check it every day if they want.