I agree with par on rank system

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
rawr

I agree with par on rank system

Post by rawr »

I am one of those players who cares about rank. Simply, the game is more fun to me when you can actually keep track of Wins/losses, kill ratio and show a symbol of rank amongst players who are currently active. Now a days you win a couple of games , it means nothing, its not as fun. I know for a fact there would be more myth activity even in the down season if myth had a rank system. God i miss the days when we use to be able to host title of games that said, "Crowns Only" those were the golden days.
jason_ac

Re: I agree with par on rank system

Post by jason_ac »

rawr wrote:I am one of those players who cares about rank.
It's a nice-to-have, if they have time, and can prevent or remedy cheating. Donate them lots of money, maybe they'll make the time ;)

>"the game is more fun to me when you can actually keep track of Wins/losses, kill ratio"

Those first 2 things are already possible:
http://gateofstorms.net/users

>"i miss the days when we use to be able to host title of games that said, "Crowns Only"

Several of us are working on new ways to draw more people into Myth, maybe those days will come again.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

jason_ac wrote:
rawr wrote:I am one of those players who cares about rank.
It's a nice-to-have, if they have time, and can prevent or remedy cheating. Donate them lots of money, maybe they'll make the time ;)

>"the game is more fun to me when you can actually keep track of Wins/losses, kill ratio"

Those first 2 things are already possible:
http://gateofstorms.net/users

>"i miss the days when we use to be able to host title of games that said, "Crowns Only"

Several of us are working on new ways to draw more people into Myth, maybe those days will come again.
I miss the days of having a coop rank, who cares about multiplayer I just love seeing those rediculous damage scores.

I never was around for bungie/playmyth era. Did the rank system only used official M2/M1 maps as score? Cause if it didnt woudn't ww2 players screw it up?
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

back in the good old b.net days only ww2 and raid games counted toward rank.
par73

Post by par73 »

all 3rd party counted toward rank.