Why is it so difficult to check private messages?

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
wonka

Why is it so difficult to check private messages?

Post by wonka »

User Control Panel
Private Messages
Inbox

3 clicks to go to the INBOX?!
punkUser

Re: Why is it so difficult to check private messages?

Post by punkUser »

If you actually have any new unread ones it'll show up as a big bar on the main forum page so it's not as if you need to go looking there to "check"...
wonka

Post by wonka »

My humble proposal...

Example of proposed new button
Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 12.41.47 PM.jpg

Code to insert into layout

Code: Select all

<a href="./ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox" title="Private Messages"><span>Private Messages</span></a>
Code block to insert proposed button

Code: Select all

<div id="nav-header" class="menu-buttons">

<a href="./ucp.php" title="User Control Panel" accesskey="e"><span>User Control Panel</span></a> 
<a href="./ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox" title="Private Messages"><span>Private Messages</span></a>

<a href="./faq.php" title="Frequently Asked Questions"><span>FAQ</span></a> 
<a href="./memberlist.php" title="View complete list of members"><span>Members</span></a> 
<a href="./ucp.php?mode=logout&sid=2d7dd09ddc5201beafa2e842710784fb" title="Logout [ wonka ]" accesskey="x"><span>Logout [ wonka ]</span></a> 

<a href="javascript:void(0);" class="responsive-menu-hide" style="display:none;"><span>X</span></a>
</div>

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

There's no way I'm doing custom modifications to the abomination that is phpbb and making it even harder to merge updates man...

The forum is here as a courtesy and registration portal - it was never really meant to be the main hub of myth activity. If/when the forums here are insufficient to that end, I highly encourage folks to move elsewhere as I don't have the time to devote to that on top of managing the metaserver.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

punkuser does enough for us wonka

your just being sorry and lazy