Myth II HD Coming Soon!

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
browning

Re: Myth II HD Coming Soon!

Post by browning »

Win XP and I've updated in the last few months. I didn't have multicore enabled, but it doesn't fix the problem. I'm using OpenGL, I don't see the option for DirectX, only software and direct3d.

The fps also drops when I use the screen edges. When I keep the camera still or use the mini-map to navigate, it goes up to 1800, but quickly drops down to 600 when I start moving the camera around with the keys or the mouse.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

browning wrote:Win XP and I've updated in the last few months. I didn't have multicore enabled, but it doesn't fix the problem. I'm using OpenGL, I don't see the option for DirectX, only software and direct3d.
Right you need Vista+ for DX10/11.
browning wrote: The fps also drops when I use the screen edges. When I keep the camera still or use the mini-map to navigate, it goes up to 1800, but quickly drops down to 600 when I start moving the camera around with the keys or the mouse.
Oh lol, yeah ignore fps numbers that high. If it always stays >>60 then it doesn't matter, you have plenty of performance. Still very strange that you say it is jittery with vsync on... that shouldn't be happening, but hard to diagnose further. In any case if vsync off is smooth for you, just do that :)
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

WHOOP!
Here is a little dead creepy tree I found in the desert! Yay!

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

NEW AMAZING PRODUCT!

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

"OOOooOooOooOowwWWWWWWWwWWWwoooOoOOOGGGAAAABOOOOooOoOGGGGGgGGGAaaAAAaAAAAaaa
Make us into collections allready!"[
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Ren are the detailed textures you use in the demo avaiable for DL somewhere? I'm using Revans' right now and they are a bit too busy for me.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

the Dtexs are part of the Myth IV HD Multiplayer demo 1.3 that we released in Jan of 2010
If you know how to use topaz and other tools like Oak you can extract them from the plugin. I have not done this in years and dont really remember exactly how you do it.
No they are not stand alone and ready for DL someplace.

BTW you might wanna ask Jon God where all his Dtexes are, he has Dtexed all the single player levels and a lot of the multiplayer levels
yet I have not seen him say if they are out yet or where they are located for DL. It would be nice if people would release things, instead of sitting on them unfinished for years and years.
blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Renwood wrote: It would be nice if people would release things, instead of sitting on them unfinished for years and years.
ahahahahahaaaaa this from the man who has been working on a "Myth IV" solo campaign for 10 years and all he has to show is some units and pictures of ham!
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Just a few of them.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

I am also working on some all new units, that would appear on a epic COOP map.
But with myth's lack of players, it seems like it would not get enough people that could even play it.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

I still don't understand how you can call these "HD" or even think they look good. They look fucking awful like my eyes literally hurt looking at them.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

jesus christ
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Chohan wrote:I still don't understand how you can call these "HD" or even think they look good. They look fucking awful like my eyes literally hurt looking at them.
^ Yeah that's pretty much what I was trying to say earlier. These models are not of the quality that you want them rendered in high resolutions. Either remodel from scratch (i.e. actual work) or only bump the resolution a little bit... maybe 2x. Doing some crazy-high resolution renders that slow things down and don't even look very good is not going to be compelling for anyone.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

It's only February and I have a feeling Renwood has already won the 2013 Delusional Myther Of The Year award. That was quick brah.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Those units look a little too cartoonish for my liking.
blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Renwood wrote:Just a few of them.
OMG this just keeps getting better and better, you can't make this shit up. Cellulite ass-face Baron and the rest of the neon-lite-brite gang. They look like characters from some cut-rate Saturday morning cartoon made in 1960.

"HD" ? I guess "HD" must stand for "He's Delusional".

What a dumbass.
par73

Post by par73 »

the deceivers head needs more work
the brigs look kinda spiffy, too bad its an illusion because they are worthless
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

It seems people are unaware these models were made in 1996-1998

I set up them, sometimes make new shaders or textures, then I render them.

Insulting them is insulting Bungie's myth models.

Punkuser I would like to see magma do the "Acutal work" of setting up and rendering all the myth units all over again then setting them up in fear and building them into collections. If you dont think thats a fukk tonn of "acutal work" then you have no idea what work even is, or what a huge task that is to complete.

Hey Punkuser, Magma has only had the myth models since like 2004, Where are their high res guys you guys have made?
O thats right, nowhere to be seen.
GG

Lots of people love this HD stuff, they are just too smart to waste time posting on myth forums.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

NO par is the other way around, THE illusion is that brigands suck.

Brigands were at 1 point going to be the replacement for the TFL warriors.
Brigands in the bungie models have 5 differnt attacks with a sword of various speeds, they also have a walk AND a run animation.
If bungie did not nerf them, and used the brigands to their full potential, they would be awesome in melee and on the battlefield.
grim

Post by grim »

I like the doodleface on the baron.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

this is the examples of renwood's "contributions" to the myth community

too cute too cute
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Renwood wrote: Insulting them is insulting Bungie's myth models.
Yeah, so what? That's the whole point - understanding the limitations of the artwork you're working with. Given that this is a plugin, I'd be much more interested if you were remodeling the units (or asking politely to use briar's models or something)... there's no reason you need to use the original bungie assets for what you're doing.
Renwood wrote: Punkuser I would like to see magma do the "Acutal work" of setting up and rendering all the myth units all over again then setting them up in fear and building them into collections. If you dont think thats a fukk tonn of "acutal work" then you have no idea what work even is, or what a huge task that is to complete.
It's busy-work, not creative work. Mostly suitable for a script (which I sure hope you have written...).
Renwood wrote: Lots of people love this HD stuff, they are just too smart to waste time posting on myth forums.
I'm glad they'll have some audience. I'm still going to encourage you to render them at more sensible detail levels if you want them to get more widely used, but do whatever you want.
blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

So LOTS of people LOVE your "He's Delusional" HD units Renwood, but they are "just too smart" to say/admit it in public?

hahahahaha as dumb as you are I almost can't believe you said that.
falcon

Post by falcon »

Renwood wrote:Image
if you call this 'HD high res' again, i'll come to usa, hijack a plane, and 9-11 your ass.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Hey Punkuser

We will create 2 plugins one very high def, then as you suggest a lower res version of it as well.
That is, if the automated build high res collection automation is complete in Oak.
That way people can play with a lower res version if they have slower/older machines, and people with faster more modern systems who see fast smooth gameplay with the HD version can play that if they choose.

Ooga messed around with it a little, but could not figure out how to make it work, as there was no documentation for that feature.
If you could help us with information of how you create or set up the "Build high res collection" feature in Oak, we will make a lower res version as well.

If you think there is some way to make a script to automate setting up and creating models for rendering the myth models in alias, you have a lack of understanding of how the program works and what state the models are in. Its not something you can batch action like in photoshop.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

What is it you contribute GKG? Acting like a asshole does not count BTW.

Things I have worked on over the years for myth have tens of thousands of downloads.

I have been published by major video game publishers.

GKG so far, came up with 1 idea for a game type that nobody can even download yet.
GG GKG FAILS
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Renwood wrote: We will create 2 plugins one very high def, then as you suggest a lower res version of it as well.
Sounds good.
Renwood wrote: Ooga messed around with it a little, but could not figure out how to make it work, as there was no documentation for that feature.
I'm not really very familiar with Oak TBH, but I think the feature you're talking about is in development and won't necessarily work in 1.8 client anyways. I don't think it's (directly) related to just down-resing collections. Not sure though... as I said I'm not too familiar with Oak.
Renwood wrote: If you think there is some way to make a script to automate setting up and creating models for rendering the myth models in alias, you have a lack of understanding of how the program works and what state the models are in. Its not something you can batch action like in photoshop.
You definitely can script/batch stuff in Alias - it has a full set of command-line tools. Take a look at "aliasbatch", "powertracer", etc.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Alias could be able to, what I am saying is the models are not in their final save states. setting up of various things needs to be done, some textures or shaders need to be hunted down because they are in screwy non standard locations, some things need to be removed due to render crashes, and lots of units do not have body parts, then there is the creation of custom new textures and shaders if you are not happy with the default ones. You have to use a good deal of problem solving and imagination to get something useable out of them in all but a few cases.

In short a script will not work as you imagine it to. If they were in a final save state that did not require a human to tweak them, I bet you could, but as they are not in their final save state from the Bungie archives that is not the case.

From back when ooga and I were consulting with Melekor on how these build high res collection functions and recursive image conversions should work in Oak in 2009, the way melekor described it was going to work was:

Oak would automatically replace the Low res collections with the high res collections in an automated process as long at the amount of frames and sequences were the same in each case. I would imagine it works, since this was over 3 years ago that melekor started working on the automated build high res collection feaeture, and Oak has come a long way since then and is completely awesome.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Our very first map that was designed to to completely HD with all new content for everything.
Units, scenery, objects, effects and Dtexs. Here is an image from, Into The Ghol Lands:

CheezeFist

Post by CheezeFist »

Those HD units look horrible. Really horrible.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Your face looks really REALLY horrible.

They look great in game, they were made in 1996-98 and they are a fucktonn better then bungie's blurry ass BS they gave us in Myth 2.
blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Cheezefist, quick - tell Renwood that his units are REALLY, REALLY ugly - if you use more caps then he does YOU WIN!
enculator

Post by enculator »

Renwood, no offense but those HD units reminds me the time I had an Amiga 500 and I played with drawing softwares.
HD units is a good idea, but your units are "HD early 1990 units".
blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

enculator wrote:Renwood,... your units are "HD early 1990 units".
"HD" stands for "He's Delusional"
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lMU3FnrIRo4/U ... tana-2.jpg

Here's an example of how to make an old model unit look good...
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

well well well, what do we have here...

I did lose, so I guess I will have to take that for now until next week.

But when I win, does that mean I am back to being best cap ever? Will you shout it in all caps in the lobby again for me too?

Btw, the difference isn't in "my buddies" as all my mwc wins have been with fairly different teams. The difference is in mwc vs non-mwc.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

HAHAHAHA BME You guys prove how WORTHLESS you guys are when you fucking :evil: RAGE QUIT like Cry Baby Whiners when I take you out of the game with 3 unts! LOL FAIL! Nice being total garbage myth players RAGE QUITTING YOUR OWN HOST WITH 14 players in game! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You fucking assholes BWAHAHAHAHA! BTW I was playing Gametype, Sam And Kirk were holding down the fort, and lets see.. I CAPTURED YOUR FLAG! ITS CTF NUMBNUTS LOL :lol: MMWWAAHAHAHAHA!

I Think one day I will upload ALL my BME Rage Quit films. PUSSYS!

Talk mass shit to me, then die at the hands of renwood and RageQuit your own host!
GG! Fukos!

I HAV FILMZ!
Watch the GAY BME action in the attached film below!
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Myrk upload that image to photobucket or something and post it on these forums. Im not clicking any links you lazy bastard.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Holy shit
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

let's be serious here. whichever team i am on will be the team that wins.
switch

Post by switch »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXnO_FxmHes[/youtube]

Anyone who wants more details can find them online-- the web address is not very imaginative, but it's easy to remember: <3.com
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Here is an example of an all new 3D model we created to show what a Myth IV style level of quality unit could look like.
If we had a budget, everybody could have this kind of detail:

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

O yea, and this guy...

And there is MORE where that came from! :D
SamTheButcher

Post by SamTheButcher »

Yea Ren those look great. Its too bad you dont have the budget to finish them right now. I would like to see it finished.
dac

Post by dac »

okay gkg, if you lost to ratking then i can add you to the big board of the captains.

1) ratking
2) gkg
3) whoever else is capping
4) dantski for choosing a euro timezone with 1 euro player who is more than 10% likely to show up!
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Wrong thread dac
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

And this guy: