EXPANSION IDEAS?

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
par73

EXPANSION IDEAS?

Post by par73 »

How can this metaserver be expanded on to better serve the public of myth and also how can we implement these expansions as soon as possible?

zagon

Re: EXPANSION IDEAS?

Post by zagon »

.pork
.floyn
.zagon

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

stats would be sorta cool

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:stats would be sorta cool
Assuming you mean ingame stats (since there are stats on the web site), the question is more what to show there. If you mean a full ranking system of some sort then yeah, but that requires lots of work and a pile of other problems to be solved. If you just mean show some kind of stats in there, that's easy, but we just need to determine what stats to show...

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

mostly i mean visible stats when you are viewing a players profile (.stats or the stats button)... it helps a lot when trying to figure out a dummy account, or whether or not a player should be given important units in a game, etc.
So uhh... cumulative stats, not just game by game.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Right. So it's doable for me to make it just show accumulated stats for all games, but without a ranking system or something to try and match people better, it's obviously exploitable. Still, if you're willing to accept the fact that it'll just be raw data from all your games, I can certainly look at adding that.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Ya, no need for a ranking system... ranks just encourage the idiots to abuse it, anyways. But accumulated stats would be nice to see, regardless.

dac

Post by dac »

# games
# wins
(would be awesome to break up into 2t or ffa if possible)

dmg given/taken
kills/losses

if you want to go crazy you can split it into games with tagsets turned on so you can discount ww2 or special modified units of any sort (and if we lose general on lichen or something like that, then fine)

thats enough. no need for a number rank.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Right, well I'm constrained by the interface in the stats window, but I'll see if I can cook something basic up soon.

Return to “Gate of Storms”