General discussion forum for TWS2013
punkUser

Finals Results

Post by punkUser »

GKG of Dantski 6-1. GGs!

Zak

Re: Finals Results

Post by Zak »

First time I've seen a FG get trapped by thrall.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

Just wanted to say good job Dantski. He surprised everyone by making it to the finals with the 7th out of 8 draft pick, not to mention some early team troubles, and overcame all of it. Very impressive. Also was nice not having typical shit talk / trolling / drama going into the match, was a fun match.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Good series.

Would have been nice to beat up on zak, drunken and sasper but they weren't good enough to make it this far, surprise surprise

Giant Killer General

I recorded the finals for GKGTV as well so I am uploading those now, u can look for them to be done late tonight or tomorrow, they take a loooong time. Some good lulz in there, like game 2 where I firewall 3 of our fetch and some melee when I fumble with my fingers trying to type.

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

Myrk wrote:Good series.

Would have been nice to get beat up by zak, drunken, sasper and that legend Vantobia but they weren't good enough to make it this far, surprise surprise
I fixed that for you as you seemed to have forgotten that we beat you already ???

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

Well done to both teams making it to the finals and congratulations to team Killer General on the win.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Myrk wrote:Good series.

Would have been nice to beat up on zak, drunken and sasper but they weren't good enough to make it this far, surprise surprise
would have been nice also. I am surprised dantski team did as bad as this, I would of expected far better results and this may have to do with all those subs filling in last week.

Good Game to everyone, congrats GKG including Myrk for your win.

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

GiantKillerGen wrote: Some good lulz in there, like game 2 where I firewall 3 of our fetch and some melee when I fumble with my fingers trying to type.
lol nice to hear the best still have these moments.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I never had any doubts my good friend Dr. Giant Killer General, Ph.D in Mythonomics and Strategic Thinking would beat Dantski. Gotta give a shout out to Myrk as well for riding the coat tails of Adren and the good doc. Must feel strange winning a finals match lol.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Vantobia wrote: lol nice to hear the best still have these moments.
It definitely made me feel slightly better too heh :)

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Myrk was fucking solid all tournament long... he deserves as much credit as anyone for this victory. Quit hatin'.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:Myrk was fucking solid all tournament long... he deserves as much credit as anyone for this victory. Quit hatin'.
Agreed. Just watch the films.

Zak

Post by Zak »

adrenaline wrote:Myrk was fucking solid all tournament long... he deserves as much credit as anyone for this victory. Quit hatin'.
To be fair, Myrk attempted to start a flame with zak's kids, with his comment at the start of the thread, vantobia and drunken just find it funny because of this:

But I'm actually happy for team GKG, especially Myrkridon. I would like to nominate him Most Improved Player of The Winter Series! Maybe Renwood can send him a forest giant figurine?

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

lol @ thrall elite right of screen head banging to the action.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

thisforumsucks wrote:To be fair, Myrk attempted to start a flame with zak's kids, with his comment at the start of the thread, vantobia and drunken just find it funny because of this:

But I'm actually happy for team GKG, especially Myrkridon. I would like to nominate him Most Improved Player of The Winter Series! Maybe Renwood can send him a forest giant figurine?
You should make a video of your team's round 2 games. I'm sure capturing all of your silly mistakes would take too long though, and I doubt thegjol.com has the hosting capacity. I guess focusing on some QR forest giant mishap for a game that didn't actually count for anything is easier, I'll just go back to polishing my TWS trophy with your tears.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Myrk wrote:
thisforumsucks wrote:To be fair, Myrk attempted to start a flame with zak's kids, with his comment at the start of the thread, vantobia and drunken just find it funny because of this:

You should make a video of your team's round 2 games. I'm sure capturing all of your silly mistakes would take too long though, and I doubt thegjol.com has the hosting capacity. I guess focusing on some QR forest giant mishap for a game that didn't actually count for anything is easier, I'll just go back to polishing my TWS trophy with your tears.
LOL, I dont dislike myrk anymore he kind of cool, flatline had a few good words to say about him last year that convinced me he wasnt tailcoat riding on the heavy hitting teams after all. Still dont get why he insists on making fun of deer though.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Just fast forwarded through the replays. These maps were not final worthy. Tallow wouldn't have been bad with the trow mesh and FR for the game type. Eyrie(light) was ok but I feel like there are other maps similar to it that play out a little better. Also the River town unit set was pretty nice but I think the map itself is just awful.

Maybe people wouldn't rag on Deer so much if you guys would stop trying to cause ruckus with the Trow Council when you guys to the thrall council.

falcon

Post by falcon »

Asmo tell us whats final worthy? Have you ever played any finals actually? LOL!

falcon

Post by falcon »

And huh. Team gkg winning this was so obvious... I don't regret being twice beaten but nonetheless, limp's team won some consolidation games too. Salute to Danti for going from total chaos in qr1 to finals.

Giant Killer General

To everyone that has been complaining about the finals maps, or the selection of any particular tournament map in general:

Allow me to share in what I believe makes for a good tournament map. First, it isn't about your most favorite types of units being on it. It isn't about what you happen to think is aesthetically pleasing to the eye when looking at it. For me, it is all about strategy. So really the main thing for me is whether or not there is any dynamic to strategy. Is it possible that the other team captain will get a different trade than me? The more probable of that being the case, and the wider margin of difference in those trades is what makes for a good map for me. Every single finals game had that to some degree in my opinion, and you can see what both teams got for trades to support that.

Now you will see me bitching about the maps just the same as some of the rest of you sometimes, but only when the above isn't the case. An example of this was the QR week 3, where all 5 maps had super obvious trades and strategies, they were all pretty much just straight BC fights. It was completely boring and uninteresting. In MWC, it was expected to get only maybe 2-3 strategically diverse maps, that was about average for a 5 game match. Having all 5 maps be shit was particularly bad. But the finals was not one of those matches.

Sometimes the gametype is just shit too, normally due to being too campy, but that is just a bad gametype, not a bad map.

p.s.: the youtube vids are up - http://www.youtube.com/user/meanmarinemachine

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmo wrote:Just fast forwarded through the replays. These maps were not final worthy. Tallow wouldn't have been bad with the trow mesh and FR for the game type. Eyrie(light) was ok but I feel like there are other maps similar to it that play out a little better. Also the River town unit set was pretty nice but I think the map itself is just awful.

Maybe people wouldn't rag on Deer so much if you guys would stop trying to cause ruckus with the Trow Council when you guys to the thrall council.

LOL @ Trow Council. Apart from the fact nobody gives a fuck on deer about the trow council (and vice versa) it has nothing to do with players such as yourself making your own shitty ranking system
belittle new players to the game with cruniacs assistance and discourage change.

The fact your ranking system pretty much put down every player that had either voiced objection/played a game against you such as zak, paris ect and players you suck up to like cruniac, east wind and browning is sad. Browning got destroyed by me in game 5 when I actually had a decent % in the zak v dantski matchup anyway. I dont see Bagrada, Myrk or even Milkman who single handed won the 4th game to get dantski's team into the final with that pivotal dwarf in acts of piety gaining a rank. You are so blindly prejudge it is the reason why players such as myself question all ranking systems as it is 80% based purely on past history and not kept up to date (which some does proves to have merit).

Oh and the finals map were voted on for non-traditional myth maps so I have no clue why people are complaining, you got what you asked for...

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

ggs

The only map I really hated for finals was Myopia, still a stupid pick.

par73

Post by par73 »

Overall this was a really enjoyable finals to watch. I wish team dantski had brought it a little closer as they could have, but it is what it is. Observing these finals live was kinda like watching a movie, and especially with maps that I don't frequently play 2 team on, it had left a fresh taste of myth in my mind. What a battle, Congradulations to TEAM GKG.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah the maps weren't terrible TBH. Myopia wasn't great and that one with the big hill and morts in the middle had some questionable start locations (although it worked out okay in our game), but otherwise they were okay.

My biggest complaint was just the organization... finals maps need to be announced, tested and available well in advance of the games being played, not being updated with new versions the week of. I realize the situation at the tain slowed things somewhat, but at some point (i.e. a week or two in advance) you just have to accept that and fall back on more traditional - or at least available - maps. The fact that the last map was crashing on load for about 1/4 of people isn't really acceptable, although it turned out less of an issue since in this case the series was effectively over by then.

Anyways, enough bitching about that, but just a heads-up for the next TO :)

And agreed with Par - after watching the films there were definitely some good games with action across the map.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

LOL @ Trow Council. Apart from the fact nobody gives a *cruiser* on deer about the trow council (and vice versa) it has nothing to do with players such as yourself making your own shitty ranking system
belittle new players to the game with cruniacs assistance and discourage change
There are no new players on this game to belittle. Sorry that you are disappointed about your stock falling, maybe you should play better.

Also LOL @ you referring to that game against team Dantski still. The one where the series was already over and half of the people had already left the game. Funny how you didn't mention any of the 4 games before that when your team was not eliminated yet. The ones where you probably had 80 combined dmg in all those games.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

The finals maps seemed mostly alright. I thought Myopia was a pretty stupid, limited map. I don't have an opinion on Eyrie since we didn't get a real game on it (the match was decided and people were sick of crashing trying to load it, so it ended up being a 6v4 autowin for us). I was expecting the Venice one to be the NE side getting the middle and SW struggling to do anything, but the SW side got the mid and it ended up being a real game. Also nice to see Sleepy Hollow made into a 2-team map, I don't think I've played it since it was used in ffa tournaments and I always looked forward to playing it since it's so well-made.

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Yeah the game I was most looking forward to was the sleepy hollow game, the map isn't designed for 2 team play but the unitset and points available seemed interesting enough.

Giant Killer General

game 5 was my favorite map i think. game 1 was pretty good too.

Zak

Post by Zak »

punkUser wrote:YMy biggest complaint was just the organization... finals maps need to be announced, tested and available well in advance of the games being played, not being updated with new versions the week of. I realize the situation at the tain slowed things somewhat, but at some point (i.e. a week or two in advance) you just have to accept that and fall back on more traditional - or at least available - maps. The fact that the last map was crashing on load for about 1/4 of people isn't really acceptable, although it turned out less of an issue since in this case the series was effectively over by then.
Hey I'd love to test my maps out before they get used in tournaments, but finding players who would be willing to participate in such an endeavor is quite difficult.

Maybe you'd like to look at grim's 2 team map pack with me, so this doesn't happen in mwc?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

thisforumsucks wrote: Maybe you'd like to look at grim's 2 team map pack with me, so this doesn't happen in mwc?
I'd love to play some of those and give them a try. Maybe we could organize something like the weekly kickball series and throw a bunch of these into the rotation to test, post films and run some polls each week to see which ones are the most promising? I see that Myrk already suggested getting kickball going again so it seems like there's interest :)

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmo wrote:
LOL @ Trow Council. Apart from the fact nobody gives a *cruiser* on deer about the trow council (and vice versa) it has nothing to do with players such as yourself making your own shitty ranking system
belittle new players to the game with cruniacs assistance and discourage change
There are no new players on this game to belittle. Sorry that you are disappointed about your stock falling, maybe you should play better.

Also LOL @ you referring to that game against team Dantski still. The one where the series was already over and half of the people had already left the game. Funny how you didn't mention any of the 4 games before that when your team was not eliminated yet. The ones where you probably had 80 combined dmg in all those games.

there are plenty of new players that I have introduced to this game, and they dont turn up as often as I would like. My steam group has given a lot of players new access to the game with download links ect.
Some of them include Toffsta, TG hunterlord, Sigilstone, NTW bayonet. Funny how you dont mention any of your games you played or the fact your captain status was not put down a notch for losing but every other captain that did fail to make it was. Im not going to go into detail about the previous games as I would end up putting the blame on other players publicly and they dont deserve that as we were a team.

All I can say Asmo if I did terrible this tws you did worse. At least I dont blame my team mates and call them retards, join other games as subs instead of focusing on your own team. You are really pathetic and It suprises me that no one has said anything about your lack of involvement on your team.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Yeah we should probably avoid having asmo captain a draft team in future tournaments, its really not fair to those who get stuck on his team.

browning

Post by browning »

drunken_deer wrote:The fact your ranking system pretty much put down every player that had either voiced objection/played a game against you such as zak, paris ect and players you suck up to like cruniac, east wind and browning is sad. Browning got destroyed by me in game 5 when I actually had a decent % in the zak v dantski matchup anyway. I dont see Bagrada, Myrk or even Milkman who single handed won the 4th game to get dantski's team into the final with that pivotal dwarf in acts of piety gaining a rank.
Why the butthurt? I don't think I've ever talked to you, and you keep bringing up my name while trying to validate yourself with a meaningless rabble game.

I probably had 400-500 dmg in our match and I contributed to a comfortable 3-1 win for my team. Meanwhile, you were busy losing your green-colored units to mine, or wanking off when your bro Zak benched you. Asmo's ratings certainly played a part in his decision. Dwell on that game all you want, anyone who's seen it knows what kind of "destruction" happened there and nobody gives a fuck.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Come on browning, you're a good player, but you have your moments.

Like that time you got your fg trapped by thrall in the finals vs gkg

browning

Post by browning »

No worries, I talked it out with the FG council and I was forgiven.

Zak

Post by Zak »

A council consisting of Scratch, Adrenaline, and Cannibal Ox (9ball)

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

browning wrote:
drunken_deer wrote:The fact your ranking system pretty much put down every player that had either voiced objection/played a game against you such as zak, paris ect and players you suck up to like cruniac, east wind and browning is sad. Browning got destroyed by me in game 5 when I actually had a decent % in the zak v dantski matchup anyway. I dont see Bagrada, Myrk or even Milkman who single handed won the 4th game to get dantski's team into the final with that pivotal dwarf in acts of piety gaining a rank.
Why the butthurt? I don't think I've ever talked to you, and you keep bringing up my name while trying to validate yourself with a meaningless rabble game.

I probably had 400-500 dmg in our match and I contributed to a comfortable 3-1 win for my team. Meanwhile, you were busy losing your green-colored units to mine, or wanking off when your bro Zak benched you. Asmo's ratings certainly played a part in his decision. Dwell on that game all you want, anyone who's seen it knows what kind of "destruction" happened there and nobody gives a *cruiser*.

Butthurt? No, I was just making a point about asmos prejudge ratings not on your overall performance. Milkman and Cruniac were the key players in those games anyway. You had the units also to reach 4-500 dam and I did not so its also unreasonable to match damage comparisons considering my % in nearly every other game was 12% or lower.

Giant Killer General

why the fuck is anyone whining on and on about prejudiced ratings. is there such a thing as unprejudiced ratings? no.

furthermore, you (drunken) are whining about what you perceive is you being underrated, which is basically the best thing ever. Fuck I wish I had a 7 or 8 rating next to my name. You are basically saying you would rather be able to sub in less games, so you can have some higher number next to your name. If you think that a higher number is some kind of recognition, you must be retarded and will probably never get better at this game. the good ones always shut up and let their play do the talking for them.

btw you aren't underrated.

also asmo is actually a decent cap, certainly not the worst one in this tourney. are we all forgetting that he had the absolute last pick in the tourney and by far the weakest roster? I traded myrk away from him, he made a couple other bad trades. i am pretty sure he didn't give a fuck. he had like 2 useful players. his team roster was shit, end of story. but by all means ride that bandwagon like retards all you want though.

Zak

Post by Zak »

GiantKillerGen wrote: also asmo is actually a decent cap, certainly not the worst one in this tourney.
Who was a worse captain than him?
GiantKillerGen wrote:are we all forgetting that he had the absolute last pick in the tourney and by far the weakest roster?
He got 2 people ranked 8, whereas ratking, ghengis, and I got 1 player ranked 9 and 1 player ranked 7. There isn't really a difference there. Although on paper I would expect the 2 people ranked 8 to beat the 9 and 7 in a 1v1.
GiantKillerGen wrote: I traded myrk away from him, he made a couple other bad trades. i am pretty sure he didn't give a *cruiser*.
How is this making him look any better as a captain? Pretty sure Dantski managed do phenominally better than him after making shitty trades.

Since when is the "he didn't care" argument valid for a poor performance? If you don't care, don't be a team captain.
GiantKillerGen wrote:he had like 2 useful players. his team roster was shit, end of story. but by all means ride that bandwagon like retards all you want though.
He chose the players, he traded for worse ones, and then actively sabotaged his team by talking shit to them and about them. The only one to blame for that team is Asmo. Is this the first time he did bad captaining a team in a draft tournament? How about the last one? He got 3rd out of 4th. His team must have been AWFUL for that to happen.

in b4 "butthurt"

Giant Killer General

you lost me when you actually tried arguing that his roster was pretty much the same as everyone else's.

I wasn't going to say it, but he's certainly a better captain than you zak.

Zak

Post by Zak »

GiantKillerGen wrote:you lost me when you actually tried arguing that his roster was pretty much the same as everyone else's.

I wasn't going to say it, but he's certainly a better captain than you zak.
You realized you had to say it when you ran out of legitimate arguments, due to everything I said being true.

But go ahead, explain your reasoning.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

GiantKillerGen wrote:why the *cruiser* is anyone whining on and on about prejudiced ratings. is there such a thing as unprejudiced ratings? no.

furthermore, you (drunken) are whining about what you perceive is you being underrated, which is basically the best thing ever. *cruiser* I wish I had a 7 or 8 rating next to my name. You are basically saying you would rather be able to sub in less games, so you can have some higher number next to your name. If you think that a higher number is some kind of recognition, you must be retarded and will probably never get better at this game. the good ones always shut up and let their play do the talking for them.

btw you aren't underrated.

also asmo is actually a decent cap, certainly not the worst one in this tourney. are we all forgetting that he had the absolute last pick in the tourney and by far the weakest roster? I traded myrk away from him, he made a couple other bad trades. i am pretty sure he didn't give a *cruiser*. he had like 2 useful players. his team roster was shit, end of story. but by all means ride that bandwagon like retards all you want though.
ive never asked for my rating to be changed at all in the gjol forums. I dont even think I need to have it changed it suits me fine. However a lot of the players need to be brought down into more of a central position in terms of ranking in this game. It should look more like 10% the top players 60% mid tier and 30% lower tier. At the moment its more like 30%,50%,20%.

Oh and GKG your a great player, but im sorry to tell you are full of shit when it comes to asmo's captain ability. He is fucking woeful.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I can't believe I'm actually replying to this criticism of 2 players I have no respect for in terms of their mything ability, but Zak has gone full retard mode.
He got 2 people ranked 8, whereas ratking, ghengis, and I got 1 player ranked 9 and 1 player ranked 7. There isn't really a difference there. Although on paper I would expect the 2 people ranked 8 to beat the 9 and 7 in a 1v1.
Learn to count and/or fact check before you spout out false information retard. Cw 9,Demo 7,Slate 7.
If you don't care, don't be a team captain.
I actually specifically asked not to be a team captain but was placed as one when I was the only other capable player on when paris did the draft.
He chose the players, he traded for worse ones, and then actively sabotaged his team by talking shit to them and about them. The only one to blame for that team is Asmo. Is this the first time he did bad captaining a team in a draft tournament? How about the last one? He got 3rd out of 4th. His team must have been AWFUL for that to happen.
I went into the tournament to win but after our week 1 match where team Dantski forfeited Drunken and bunny sat there sending me pm's bitching and crying to force a forfeit on team dantski and not let them reschedule. This lead to me making trades for worse players because I really didn't want to deal with people like that.

I did do bad in last draft tournament and it's the same reason Paris did bad in this one. When you are hosting a tournament you sacrifice your personal success for the overall success of the tournament and enjoyment of the players. The same way that Paris drafted Kush and Dom I drafted Funky (when he just started playing) and somnus knowing they probably wouldn't get playing time on other teams.

Also my team really didn't do that bad (minus vs rating which ill elaborate on later). We lost to Ghengis 2-3 when I only had PK and no gekko or sub for gekko. We beat Team Dantski (the one week I had good players for subs) 3-2 and it should have been 4-1 but I told crun to just have fun and kill stuff with the trow so he messed around and didn't flag team dantski when he could have. We played Team GKG just as good as anyone else in this tournament when they had a full roster present.

The only time my team did horrible is when we played Team Ratking and we (mostly I) just gave up that series after game 1 because I was pretty frustrated. Care to disagree with me? Go watch the films or ask PK or Cruniac.

Edit: Just luls about 2 people who have never played with me in a tournament game criticizing me about being a bad team player. Why do you think I can create a team any year I want and get good players on it? Why do you think people come out of "retirment" to come team with me?

Go ask anyone I have ever teamed with in a tournament if I am a bad team player. The only ones who might say anything bad about me is bunny,killery and milkman (not sure why but he has been hating on me lately). That is MAYBE 3 players out of the 50+ teammates I have teamed with.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Oh and GKG your a great player, but im sorry to tell you are full of shit when it comes to asmo's captain ability. He is fucking woeful.
Oh no! The Deer captain and Zak(has he even ever caped any team before his laughable capping this tournament?) talking down about my captaining. That holds a lot weight...

Zak

Post by Zak »

Asmo wrote:I can't believe I'm actually replying to this criticism of 2 players I have no respect for in terms of their mything ability, but Zak has gone full retard mode.
Okay godcops
Asmo wrote:Learn to count and/or fact check before you spout out false information retard. Cw 9,Demo 7,Slate 7.
We were only talking about the first two picks of the draft.

Asmo wrote:I actually specifically asked not to be a team captain but was placed as one when I was the only other capable player on when paris did the draft.
LN would have been a more competent captain.

Asmo wrote:Posexcuses
Yeah yeah everyone has them, you still had the worst team in the tournament with only yourself to blame. Giving up on your team isn't their fault its yours. Dantski had the same issues you did and his team went to the finals.
Asmo wrote:Edit: Just luls about 2 people who have never played with me in a tournament game criticizing me about being a bad team player. Why do you think I can create a team any year I want and get good players on it? Why do you think people come out of "retirment" to come team with me?
Your delusions have caught up to you asmocops. This is the same roster Rodekill signs up when you don't do it first.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they all sign up so they can play with their buddy Asmodian again, and if you didn't play they wouldn't bother with myth at all!
Asmo wrote:Go ask anyone I have ever teamed with in a tournament if I am a bad team player. The only ones who might say anything bad about me is bunny,killery and milkman (not sure why but he has been hating on me lately). That is MAYBE 3 players out of the 50+ teammates I have teamed with.
Irrelevant, this is a discussion about captaining draft tournament teams, not being a role-player in MWC.

Drunken and I merely voiced our disgust with the way you handled yours, and your consistently poor performance in these tournaments. Not out of of some kind of grudge against you, we just feel THOR would do a better job than you and make the tournament more enjoyable.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Asmo wrote:
Oh no! The Deer captain and Zak(has he even ever caped any team before his laughable capping this tournament?) talking down about my captaining. That holds a lot weight...
Asmo ~ jimmies rustled

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Your attempt at trolling is a sad sight. If you are going to troll PLEASE say something funny or clever that will actually give the forum readers something to laugh about. I just wasted 20 seconds of my life reading your reply and then another 20 just shaking my head in shame at your attempt to troll.

Zak

Post by Zak »

If you don't have anything intelligent to say then say nothing at all, don't call the person disagreeing with you a troll.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmo wrote:Your attempt at trolling is a sad sight. If you are going to troll PLEASE say something funny or clever that will actually give the forum readers something to laugh about. I just wasted 20 seconds of my life reading your reply and then another 20 just shaking my head in shame at your attempt to troll.
hypocrite

Return to “The Winter Series 2013”