Buddy List & Orders (+Order List)

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
par73

Buddy List & Orders (+Order List)

Post by par73 »

These tools once helped players on the server connect and increased the overall value of the mything experience.

What can be done about returning these functions to their former glory?

punkUser

Re: Buddy List & Orders (+Order List)

Post by punkUser »

As I mentioned in the other thread, we'll work to have some sort of list on the site for when people in groups/"orders" are online and so on. Out of game tools (web site, steam, mumble, etc.) are just better these days. To pre-empt the crying, it's just a poor use of time to try and support the dated in-game stuff.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

not nearly enough of a player base to make those features worth the time... the only time a buddylist was even remotely useful was when there were a few full rooms and you were trying to find your friends.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Yea there are only ever people in 1 room. Maybe like 5 guys in a PWed game in another room. Back in Bnet days with hundreds of players online those features were useful....now not so much.

par73

Post by par73 »

It added an aspect of connectivity on this game. I thought the feature was cool and I think the old in-game features are worthwhile; people who log on to play myth at this point are looking for that old feeling of nostalgia, not a new game.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Nobody is saying its a bad idea par, but would you rather punk spend his time on something 99% pointless, or real fixes and features that are actually useful and requested?

Return to “Gate of Storms”