Asmo's Player Analysis

Asmodian

Asmo's Player Analysis

Post by Asmodian »

Probably a horrible decision for me to post these prior to the tournament as I known some people will take offense to it even though that is not my purpose, oh well. Feel free to prove me wrong this tournament.

These ratings are based on my overall rating of a players skill. As you can see I placed Myrk and Arz #1 and #2 even though there are cleary some better trowers than them. Trowing is overrated and I would much rather have a top notch heavy hitter on a unit set that takes more skill and micro.

PS: I was extremely tired when I wrote these. Hopefully they make sense!

Red = Trending downwards with their tournament performances

Green = Trending upwards

• Myrk – Even though I doubt he will admit it Myrk’s one thing that was holding him back from being a top-notch player was in-game awareness and some decision-making. I feel after he had been captained by GKG for 2 tournaments he has vastly improved on this.

Arzenic – Great well rounded player that you can always trust. Only thing I think he could become better at is becoming a top notch trower.

Samuel – I feel like Sam’s lack of tournament success lately has been due to his captain not putting him in good situations. He is solid all around though and probably the best trower in this tournament.

East wind – One of the most well rounded players and is a very good teammate. He would have been my #1 on this not too long ago, but I feel like he is not as consistent as he once was.

Cruniac – One of the best teammates you can have and a very aggressive player. He could be better at decision making sometimes.

Tirri – He has a very similar skill set to Myrk and Arz and he is one of the best heavy hitters (non-trow). He seems to be less consistent than Myrk and Arz though, maybe this is due to his connection issues?

Dantski – He is my highest ranked person on this list who I would not give heavy hitting units to. Dantski is a top-notch role player, which is very convenient to have such a good player that is not expecting traditional “power units”. He is a very smart player.

Adrenaline – There is no denying Adren’s BC skills, which puts him in the myth elite, but as much as he will deny it his in-game awareness and overall understanding of the game does not match his BC skills.

Browning – Browning is a well-rounded player that I would be comfortable giving any role (other than Trow and FG). If he is surrounded by good players he seems to excel through his smart team oriented play.

Captain – Has become a lot better as of late and has turned into a reliable bcer that will play within himself.

Ratking – To me I feel like people judge RK inaccurately. I see RK as a top-notch role player when he is handed the right unit set. Unfortunately I think others and maybe himself try to take power units too many times instead of focusing on what he is best at.

Paris – Pretty much the same thing as Adren except that he seems to be a lot less consistent on bringing his BC skills each and every game. I would say one plus is Paris seems like a good teammate.

Chron – Top notch BC player, but sometimes he lets the tunnel vision get in the way of team success. He is also not as reliable to show up as Adren or Paris.

Wwo – Wwo is a pretty smart player and has enough BC skills to get by as a very good role player. I feel like he would be much better used as one of the best role players than as a captain, which seems to happen often.

PK – Better at non-2t games. I feel like when PK plays in high-level 2t tournament games he is to passive in his decision-making and waits for captain orders instead of taking initiative.

Bagrada – Pretty underrated player (or maybe not with how high he got drafted). Bagrada has decent BC skills, but I think the thing with him that is over looked is his smart team oriented play.

Zak – Zak has actually turned into quite the BCer now, but unfortunately he lacks good in-game awareness and he seems too stubborn to admit his faults, which limits his effectiveness as a good teammate.

Thor – I can’t say much about his playing ability with the lag issues he has, but he has turned into one of the top 5 captains on myth even though I would almost never mimic one of his strategies.

Slate – Good BCer, but his in game awareness for high level 2t games is really low and he does not seem to ever attend tournament matches regulary

Mark – His actual myth skills are really good and he could probably be one of the better role players on myth if he ever showed any kind of strong commitment to his team.

PunkUser – Not the strongest BCer, but he plays smart enough and has good enough in-game awareness to be a solid role player on any team.

Pallidice – Pretty similar player to PunkUser, but he seems to have the “I don’t care attitude” when things are not going well early in games.

Funky – Funky is similar to PunkUser and Pallidice, but I feel like he needs a litte more direction in-game than those other two.

Killerking – Pretty good BC skills for a role player, but I feel like he gets too nervous in 2t tournament games. Needs to have better composure and map awareness.

FatherXmas – FatherXmas isn’t a bad player, He can actually be a game changer at times, he is just too hit or miss. I feel like he needs to be more passive as a role player and let the better players on the team dictate the pace.

Arsenal – lag is an issue. I feel like he has the potential to be a similar role player to punk, palli and Funky if he had a more stable connection.

Empy – He won’t do anything spectacular, but at the same time he won’t do anything horrible. That is all you want from a role player at times.

SamButcher – hmmm what to say? Learn to pay attention to chat in game while still being able to control your units and you would be a much, much better teammate.

Codex – He will show up, but he needs to put in more time to improving during the non-tournament season if he wants to catch up with the vets in order to be a respectable player.

Prometheus – I don’t really know much about this guy, but he seems like he is newer to the game and has a communication barrier, which does not bode well for him.

adrenaline

Re: Asmo's Player Analysis

Post by adrenaline »

overall understanding and awareness of the game? absurd.

just as one example, go have a look at the film of team Homer vs team Honkey... "River Town" terries. Our team was getting rolled and was about to get flagged... but who battled 2 enemies while sending a lone unit to dance around/contest our last remaining flag? Me. There are many more examples if you care to look, but it seems I have this unsubstantiated reputation blinding people from the truth. This reputation has followed me from my pre-2010 days, when I smoked 1/8th of an ounce of weed a day... I don't smoke weed anymore and have been way more focused since. The actual truth: I have top kills and dmg in 95% of the games I play. I have had the top dmg/kills per game in pretty much every tourney I've participated in in the last several years. See the last draft tourney: finished 3rd in kills (with 15 games played), just behind cruniac (22 games) and tirri (25 games), and 2nd in damage (again, with only 15 games played). If you look hard enough, you will also notice that I'm almost always the person to point out that a flank needs scouting, and often do the scouting myself... calling hidden flanks, sunken wights, etc etc.

But go ahead and continue to underrate me.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

100% agree with all of the player analysis here. nice job asmo.

and yea, as incredibly predictable that adren would reply to defend his game awareness and strategic ability by trying to mention his damage statistics, asmo is especially correct, 150%, about his assessment of adren.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Feel free to provide examples, idiot, since you've been the biggest proponent perpetuating this reputation of mine. Don't forget to mention the game when you screamed at me to "go south" or whatever and I told you to fuck yourself and continued on doing what I was doing (i.e. winning the game). Does that one oversight make you a bad captain? Does that missed call pull your game awareness into question? Yes, nobody is perfect... everyone makes a mistake here or there. I've made wayyyyyy more good plays than fuckups, and certainly don't fuck up more or less than any other player... I'm just constantly under the microscope by idiots like yourself. Much like Myrk... who failed to scout ONCE... YEARS ago... and that ONE MISTAKE followed him around for years, giving him the same rep. Ridiculous.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

My game awareness/decision making have always been pretty good, the only difference this year is there's been a plan to follow most of the time (knowing what your teammates are going to be doing = more informed decisions). Plus playing The Wall pre-match pretty well shakes off all rust as far as Myth's unit control is concerned.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:Don't forget to mention the game when you screamed at me to "go south" or whatever and I told you to fuck yourself and continued on doing what I was doing (i.e. winning the game).
Not to be too critical, but honestly I consider this part of the problem here. Regardless of the game outcome, your job is ultimately still to do what the captain says even if he's wrong. Regardless of how amazing your in-game awareness is, you're not going to have as good a picture of the game as a decent captain who has been primarily watching the map. Thus while captains make mistakes and are sometimes wrong, that's on them when they make a bad call... IMO the player's job is not to ignore orders in the middle of the game because they disagree, even if the decision turns out to be wrong.

Case in point, in one of the tourney games from Asmo's draft, the captain made a call at one point that I knew pretty much 100% was the wrong thing to do. I questioned it in chat, but he repeated to do what he said and so we did and we ended up losing. That said, I'd do the same thing again next time because frankly there are enough other times where the captain is just right and has information that I don't.

Personally I'm not sure I agree with the assessment of you having "bad map awareness", but you have to understand that disregarding orders whenever you disagree (like happened several times on GKG's draft team) doesn't give a great impression of your team play.

Ultimately, if you think you know so much better than everyone else, why don't you ever volunteer to cap? That'd be the best way to prove everyone wrong.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Ignoring orders sometimes can be the right call, if you know the order is a bad decision. Team captains can't be 100% aware of what's going on all the time and they fuck up sometimes. For example if I'm getting told to push and I happen to be outnumbered and fighting uphill, I'll likely not do it if it's not a desperate situation.

par73

Post by par73 »

i had trouble reading the complete article because its one big blob with no good looks. very unattractive work asmo.

so after a brief analysis of your player analysis, i have concluded your analysis with my own.

the numerical list is in relation to your top picks of top players as perceived by you in the tournament
  1. 1) i guess it makes sense you say myrk is #1; he is on your team, made up for your shitty play the last 2 tournaments, and also TO

2) it also makes sense to have Arz come 2nd, as he made up for all your shitty play in MWC and was the best player in the Finals of that tournament

3) you've faced sam in the past 2 2team tournaments finals (not to mention your first 2team finals appearances), and he has always had the heavy hitter role, most kills and damage for the other team, etc.

4) east wind, won with you over the summer and also made up for all your shitty play in MWC

5) cruniac, won with you in your last tournament and made up for your shitty play in ADT2

no need to apologize for writing these late at night when you were tired, the rankings totally make sense shmo.

However next time edit the page so I would be interested in reading beyond the 8th line of text

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

punkUser wrote: Personally I'm not sure I agree with the assessment of you having "bad map awareness", but you have to understand that disregarding orders whenever you disagree (like happened several times on GKG's draft team) doesn't give a great impression of your team play.
Several? It happened twice. Once I was right (Sleepy Hollow), once he was right (Mjila)... and that one was questionable. If you look at my tourney record, I've never had an issue following captains orders, or being aware of flags/scouting/etc. Basically this reputation I seem to have is completely unfounded. I've been a major part of the success of many championship teams... and you don't achieve that kind of success by being a bad team player. And I tried captaining last tourney... it's more trouble than it's worth when you go through the trouble of developing complex strategies/distributions and half your team doesn't show up to the match, and the ones that do are the weaker players on the roster. Fuck that shit... I'd rather be pointed in a direction and told to kill.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I suggest you stop riding my nuts if you ever want to win a tournament again Paris. Critics fuel my fire to succeed in this game.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote: Several? It happened twice.
Well I'm including times when GKG was shouting at you to do something that didn't happen for a while, for whatever reason. Again, no offense is intended here, but there are definitely times that you simply don't respond to stuff that the captain says. Whether that's a conscious decision or just not seeing it only you can know, but the result is the same :)

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmodian wrote:I suggest you stop riding my nuts if you ever want to win a tournament again Paris. Critics fuel my fire to succeed in this game.
Have fun getting raped ginger idiot, no lube

THOR

Post by THOR »

GKG's doll, 100% repeat what asmodiam speech. Should drooling on balls asmodiam.

Giant Killer General

ah yes, here we go with adren again.

this wasn't about me, but to take the point you raised adren: I am pretty sure you didn't even see my order until I shouted it a few times. So basically you got lucky in that what you were already doing was still okay. My order would have been okay too, it wasn't game-changing either way, so your point basically sucks balls from both angles.

one tell-tale sign that your awareness sucks is because you do a horrible job of reading chat, which is the biggest symptom of a tunnel-visioned player. especially when you aren't the captain so you don't have such a demand on your attention. If you aren't reading chat, then you definitely aren't watching the overhead very well, nor are you moving your camera around to look at the map. I noticed the same thing when you posted a video of you playing, you never look around, your camera is always only on just your units. you had another excuse for that too, but your excuses are just sad and nobody believes them.

as punkuser alluded to, it was a common occurrence for me to be shouting at you because you were in the completely wrong position all the time, and it would take you a long time to finally see the chat and realize it. Usually it would be because your whole team concept is to flank wider and wider all by yourself, until you get a 1v1 match up with an opposing player. That is literally the only thing you ever try to do, which completely leaves your teammates behind, and often gets you out of position. Though sometimes it would even happen in the first couple minutes of the game when there isn't even any fighting for you to tunnel vision on.

but ah yes, clearly I am the one responsible for your well-known and strong reputation for tunnel-visioning. it has nothing to do with you. keep living in your dream world, that is why you will never improve, have never been great, nor ever will be great at this game.

And clearly being on NC during its dynasty has some kind of relevancy to your defense. Oh wait, limp and I remember that you were always given smaller roles with you typically holding mid so that you couldn't fuck up by trying to do solo rambo flanks by yourself and getting hopelessly out-positioned like always.

Speaking of your attempt at captaining, and now sad-excuses for it, how did that work out for you? I know you were super excited about it...

by adrenaline »
Ya, I'm not here to fuck around. I bring a lot more to a team than people seem to realize... ppl seem to think i am just some tunnelling bc player, can't captain, and that i have no concept of strategy. Those people clearly have never been in the NC private forums. Maybe i give them impression because i play without giving a shit 99% of the time, or maybe they are just a bunch of lemmings and believe every word the idiot gkg says. Trust me... when I feel like putting in the effort, good things happen. I have no intention of losing a single match during this tournament, as long as our attendance is decent (which may not be the case this weekend).

In short, care bear mode has been activated.

by wwo » August 23rd, 2013, 12:21 pm
You put too much credence into people believing every word from gkg. Please don't play from a "I'll show them" perspective

by adrenaline » August 23rd, 2013, 12:31 pm
Oh, don't worry... I'm not. This is business as usual.

Alright... so now dac can't make this match either...

I'm thinking about stepping up to captain and having wwo fill the roles I had dac in... thoughts?

Fuck it... I will captain. Gonna re-jig the distributions to fit the new setup. WWO, you are taking a primary role with homer.

I have no problem making strategies. Been involved with it for years with NC, and made most of NC's QR strats this year.

WWO, ya I assumed you could rush but thought you might want to captain.
I think it's a bad idea to have Gekko or Kil captain, when their skills can be put to much better use elsewhere.

I plan on winning this tournament, so I'll do pretty much whatever it takes. I'd volunteer to captain, but I don't think I'd be able to give enough direction because I'd give myself a big % every game.

by adrenaline » August 22nd, 2013, 12:22 pm
I'll stick to simple and effective strats, and the captain's roles will be small and flexible, don't worry. The strats will be tailored to our teams strengths. I'll post them... if you don't like something about them, speak up and we will figure something out. If I have to captain, I will... but I won't be sticking myself with minor roles unless we have a full roster and I feel it's safe to do so. People (well, really only gkg) like to talk shit about me not being a good captain/strategist, but I assure you there are dead wrong. I can do both very well when I choose to do so.

by adrenaline » August 23rd, 2013, 8:08 am
strats are all done... i just re-did the distribution as I am now going to captain. Needed wwo to fill a primary role since gekko, arz, and dac will not be at this match. Most strats are pretty simple and straightforward, with In the Midst of Cavalry being the exception... I did 2 possible distributions for that, in the event that we only have 6 show to the match.

The match is at 3 PM EST tomorrow (Saturday)

by par73 » August 23rd, 2013, 4:51 am
ok now that gkg is retired for tournament participation, the player pool has an impacted change and there are more 5 ballers than usual.

but really the ball rating system i used is more for identifying stars, starters, role players, bench warmers and prospects.

par73

Post by par73 »

wow, the whole time I thought GKG was gunna keep feeding adren one sentence at a time; look what happened.

:lol:

Giant Killer General

adrenaline wrote:Feel free to provide examples,
well, he did ask for me to provide examples, so i am more than happy to oblige ;). adren constantly overrates himself to the extreme, so it is just too easy and amusing to pass up the opportunity.

wwo

Post by wwo »

That's really the thing about awareness, isn't it? There's a large percentage of "smart" players that would improve their BC skills if they took the attention they give to the map, teammates, end goals, etc, and just totally focused on what's in front of them, maybe even acquiring some distasteful selfishness as a failure buffer. It's why so many people good at 1v1 (ffa to a lesser extent) can be such disproportionately horrendous detriments in 2t, and why successful teams don't have to be stuffed with all-stars. [edit: this assumes concentration in one thing is a transferable commodity; some brains are simply not going to be able to repurpose their focus]

The inverse isn't universally applicable though. Awareness is a function of intelligence and experience, whereas BC is pretty much just memorizing a spreadsheet of unit characteristics, factoring in a few known-relationship variables like terrain/gametype/specific player opponent, and performing the requisite clicks. A job for an aspie if there ever were one. This is why tunnel vision isn't always such a bad thing. If you can tunnel for BC purposes and still manage to read and respond to chat, you're going to be a swell 2t player.

People tend to stick with the first thing they're naturally good at, since more than that requires effort. This being a game, needing too much effort can ruin any fun they might have as the reason for playing in the first place.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I don't see any actual examples there... just unsubstantiated generalizations that are completely untrue. I do read chat... i just often choose to ignore (i.e. the sleepy hollow game... i saw everything u said and eventually told u to shut the fuck up because u persisted in giving bad orders). And just because i don't respond to chat doesnt mean i didnt read it... more likely that i am too busy clixking to respond. And i certainly do look around the map and at the minimap... how the fuck can u claim otherwise? Based on a sigle clip i posted with the only objective being to demonstrate how i control units?

Will never improve? Have never been great? Yawn.

And this little thing u keep saying about NC giving me minor roles... just lol. Complete bullshit. a) i doubt limp ever said any of that, b) he attended about 1/5th so how the fuck would he even know? I really don't need to defend my importance on the NC roster throughout the years... the numbers speak for themselves.

It's no secret that we don't like each other... but the lengths you go to in the attempt to discredit me is laughable. And good job acquiring the Team Homer password. None of that shit proves anything.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Since my fucking phone won't allow me to scroll down to the end of my message, i have to continue in a new post... anyways, those quotes u provided are pointless and prove nothing other than the fact that i prepared strats/distributions. I capped fine for the most part... regardless of the outcome. Our best players didn't show up and we played undermanned. I'm not a fucking miracle worker.

Giant Killer General

no you told me to shut the fuck up because you are an oversensitive nancy who can't take an order, and you are not a great team player. I in turn chose to be the bigger man by not escalating the situation further when we were still in the middle of a game. good job creating team drama in the middle of a game when I was just trying to do my job by getting a response from you. how else would I know that you saw the order, especially when you have missed them so many times before previously? it certainly shows something about your character and how you perform under pressure.

I told myself I would never team with you again after that tournament because of how completely oblivious you were to your orders, your positioning, and your understanding of how your role fits in with the rest of the team, not to mention your mental weakness and fragile ego. I recognized your horrible tendency of constantly trying to flank wider and wider by yourself to get a 1v1 matchup against an opposing player (which you seemingly failed to address). I tried to get you to recognize it as well, but you are waaaay too stubborn and so you never learned or listened. You just never gave a fuck about supporting another teammate, you always just wanted to go and do your own thing. I lost count of how many times I was typing in all-caps to try and get your attention and rein you back in before you were put completely out of the fight or got pinched, doubled, or otherwise had you or the teammate next to you out-positioned in some way.

oh and just fyi, limp did say that, you can ask him for yourself. And I certainly agree with it. we may not like each other, but I have never lied in my supposed flaming. Everything I have said is either factual truth or honest opinion that I genuinely believe. Little do you realize, that half of my supposed flames are actually me trying to help you become better, but you are just too sensitive to ever learn from it. it is for this reason that you have not improved at this game in any significant way in many many years.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

The way you exaggerate in your posts is hilarious. Anyone can watch that sleepy hollow game and see just how wrong u are and that i was doing the right thing the entire time. I don't support teammates? That's just ridiculous. The rest of your nonsense is just overblown bullshit. Move along.. your starting to bore me.

Giant Killer General

I never said I was right about the sleepy hollow point you raised, I recognized my error in about 10 seconds during the game as can be plainly seen in the in-game chat on the game film (which I also recorded and posted on youtube), so not sure why you keep bringing it up. I only said that it was irrelevant, because had you followed my order anyway, we still would have won. Both solutions were correct, just that what you happened to already be doing was the faster path to victory. I of course, knowing you, don't believe for a second that you even recognized what was going on. I can admit my mistakes, but know one believes you would ever admit any of yours.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I admitted the mjila game, did i not? I'm not arrogant enough to not admit when i am wrong. And i knew exactly what i was doing that game, as i generally do 99% of the time. Don't pretend to know what's going on in my brain when i am playing. Going to bed now. Goodnight, toots.

tirri

Post by tirri »

yesterday i was having huge delay and myth was once again pretty much unplayable. i switched to software mode and the delay stopped. i probably would have tried this sooner if i played myth more than the 5 tourney games a week. i really wish i had realized this during mwc cause i really couldnt play at all and i was wondering whats up cause i have a pretty fast internet and no problems with any other games.

i knew i never should have tried anything else but software mode. but now everything is good again and i can quarantee my team wins this tourney

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

So are you using a 1997 computer? :o

tirri

Post by tirri »

no, my comp runs everything else just fine. myth is the culprit. most certainly punkuser, that iron dude and those magma guys

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Are you actually getting higher FPS in software mode than whatever you were using (GL/DX/whatever?)? Does single player lag too? Because if not, it's pure placebo effect or trolling ;) If you are, and are actually interested in debugging it, post the regular system info and what "other games" run fine but not myth. If on Windows, attach a dxdiag output and/or post video driver version.

Myth is not a demanding game. If it's not running well the only two options really are ancient hardware or bad software/drivers config.

(Should probably take this to a different thread if you're interested in continuing.)

tirri

Post by tirri »

my comp runs all news games ok, sc2, witcher 2, bioshock infinite, skyrim, but sometimes has overheating problems. when i play myth with something else than software-mode (i dont remember what) the comp sounds like its having bad overheating problems and i get huge delay. i dont remember it affecting fps too much. this reminds me that i also had a problem with hosting my own tcp/ip game alone and getting the same delay there too. i think kirk or someone also had this problem

im not interested in debugging it. i will continue using software mode like i have for over 10 years

Professional Killer

Post by Professional Killer »

tirri wrote:my comp runs all news games ok, sc2, witcher 2, bioshock infinite, skyrim, but sometimes has overheating problems. when i play myth with something else than software-mode (i dont remember what) the comp sounds like its having bad overheating problems and i get huge delay. i dont remember it affecting fps too much. this reminds me that i also had a problem with hosting my own tcp/ip game alone and getting the same delay there too. i think kirk or someone also had this problem

im not interested in debugging it. i will continue using software mode like i have for over 10 years
I was the one who had that problem Tirri.
My connection or come or w/e it is are fucked either way. During 4th match Saturday i got disconected due to terribkle lag. Anoying as hell.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

UPDATE Post week two

Trending Down

Bagrada - He played at the level of Alfi ~Deer~ on clash of the cloudspine.

Slate - Paris told him to run by Sam Butcher 15 times on The Great Divide, but instead he had tunnel vision and let Sam Butcher hold him off the whole game when he could have easily won the game for his team single handily.

Wwo - I can't think of a specific example for Wwo, but overall his performance has been lack luster in a tournament where he should be able to out BC most of the people he is put against

Killer King - Paris walked all his defense off the flag on Hverglemir FR while KK had 3 warriors right there. Killerking never noticed the ENTIRE defense leaving that flag and was just barely able to tag it as teammates shouted at him that the flag was empty.

Trending Up

Tirri - Team Paris looked completely awful week two with some of their main players absent. Luckily Tirri was there to be the one player throughout the series that played well and carried them to victory.

Mark - Mark has shown that he is very capable with certain sets of units and is good enough to matchup with anyone when he knows his role

Funky - He has seemed to be a lot more aware throughout this tournament by making good decisions for himself without needing to wait on captain orders.

Prometheus - I originally rated him the lowest ranked player, but he has definitely shown he is better than a handful of players in this tournament and could possibly become a 3-baller in the near future with some more competitive experience under his belt.

par73

Post by par73 »

How is tirri trending up when he was already at the top?

This technique is called "Raising the Roof", ladies and gentlemen.[/size]

There are some obvious names not mentioned for trends up and trends down.
Your "Analysis" is more biased than a Christian Conservative view on a Woman's Right to abortion.*

I'm not really sure how slate is "trending down", when you call him out on game awareness in 1/5 of his tournament games, and already stated game awareness is not his strength.
Asmodian wrote: Red = Trending downwards with their tournament performances
Slate wrote:Slate – Good BCer, but his in game awareness for high level 2t games is really low and he does not seem to ever attend tournament matches regulary
Seems like his tournament performance is right on par with your expectations of him, I'm not really sure how he is trending downwards with his 'tournament performance' when it was already expected of him to not posses a mastery of 2-team big-game awareness.

I don't think you really implemented any trends up or trends downs without using a system different than one you already made, otherwise you make no logical sense with your newest update (see asterisk (*) above)

How's about this for trending down?
par73 wrote: Asmodian has the 6th worst kill ratio in the tournament with 0.543.
Asmodian has received the 4th most damage in the entire tournament (457).
Asmodian has the 2nd worst damage ratio in the tournament with 0.433,
(Second to Codex, 0.031)

Asmo has captained every game which effects ratio...
I guess it's safe to compare Asmo to other captains

Thor has a worse kill ratio, but a better damage ratio than Asmo (Kill/DMG) (.281/.509)
Ratking has a better kill ratio and damage ratio than Asmo (.652/.654)

I have capped every game and have a 0.971 kill ratio. I also have the highest kill ratio in the tournament that is below 1.0, the closest is 0.867. Dmg ratio at 0.747.

Hmm, seems like having the 2nd worst damage ratio in a tournament is only good for 2nd place these days, who'da thunk.

How is Asmo trending these days?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

My only objective as a captain is to help my team win the tournament. Wins are the only stat that matters to me as a captain. Also having played with 5 players every tournament match so far I find it unfair to put my players in an a position where they have to control more units than ideal so as captain I take the sacrifice on my ratios taking massive unit sets so that we can still execute something somewhat similar to the original plan.

as far as slate goes there is a difference of levels of having bad 2t awareness. I already knew his awareness was vey bad, but I didn't know it was to the point that the captain can type him a direction several times and have him completely miss it over a 2-3 minute period.

par73

Post by par73 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVCjUG1Mww[/youtube]
It was more my fault than his.

He did what you expected him to, if he followed orders would you have raised him up?

you only raised 4 and dropped 4, really boring report for mid-term player analysis.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1591 Considering the last time I checked this tourney and my predictions,(Paris>Asmo>Ratking>Thor). (pretty much exactly as predicted with Paris being on top).
I am not surprised to hear Bagrada is doing shit and is a ever pathetic over-rated player who just corrupts players with small talk and inability to work as a cohesive unit. Killerking having trending downwards is probably due to his inactivity due to timezone issues thus lack of training but I wouldn't rule him out.

Look forward to reading the results for this week, as if they pan out what iv'e predicted, I will be highly amused.

Return to “Myrk's Tournament 2013”