Next tournament idea

Myrk

Next tournament idea

Post by Myrk »

I'm thinking of just making a kickball league with everyone getting to pick a map. The way it would work is the first 5 people to register get to pick one map each for the first round, players 6-10 pick the next 5, and so on. This would be great since I would pretty much have to do nothing. Let me know what you guys think.

punkUser

Re: Next tournament idea

Post by punkUser »

Sounds great to me. I definitely think we need some sort of kickball league. If you want any sort of player scoring setup, just let me know and I can implement it on the site.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Here's the logo from last year if you want it.

I don't see the point of registration, might as well keep it open to everyone, but whatevs.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Registration would just be for stat tracking for individual players.
It'd be more of a casual league thing, just a way to get some Myth games in.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Thats cool.

You don't need registration to track stats, GoS does it automatically as long as you set it up as a tourney & play in a tourney room, where people are forced to use accounts.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I would be down if this starts right away. If not I'll probably lose interest in myth. That's usually what happens.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmodian wrote:I would be down if this starts right away. If not I'll probably lose interest in myth. That's usually what happens.
nobody gives a shit Asmo if you play or not anymore, your attitude stinks.

P.S Coop tourney lined up in December after Xmas/New Years sometime hopefully check out the forum I posted and post when you want this thing hosted. Kickball sounds fun aswell so maybe you can host yours first if you wish, and then join mine? All depends on what happens but I got pretty much everything Ironed out ready to go, only the date I need to get organised.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

I'll ask PunkUser to make a forum then start 'registration' immediately.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

drunken_deer wrote:
Asmodian wrote:I would be down if this starts right away. If not I'll probably lose interest in myth. That's usually what happens.

P.S Coop tourney lined up in December after Xmas/New Years sometime hopefully check out the forum I posted and post when you want this thing hosted. Kickball sounds fun aswell so maybe you can host yours first if you wish, and then join mine? All depends on what happens but I got pretty much everything Ironed out ready to go, only the date I need to get organised.
You can stop riding my nuts anytime now. Good luck hosting your coop tourney, but I'm not sure you will get people to sign up after you proved incapable of hosting a successful tournament.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmodian wrote:
drunken_deer wrote:

You can stop riding my nuts anytime now. Good luck hosting your coop tourney, but I'm not sure you will get people to sign up after you proved incapable of hosting a successful tournament.
That's the thing isnt it? It would of taken off if you had not of placed a 2T tournament right on top of fucking mine. Its cheap, and if I were to do the same on milkman 4x4 ffa tourney It would get the same result. Even punkuser told you that it was a great tourney idea and that the only issue was players attending cause you had to be a asshole per usual and steal my players. Everyone who played enjoyed it so maybe next time you can try eating green eggs and ham for a change instead of being your retarded ignorant usual self.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

steal your players? That is imply that people would actually want to play in it.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmodian wrote:steal your players? That is imply that people would actually want to play in it.
no everyone knows that a 2T tournament would be more appealing than a slugfest tourney. Its simple because old timers don't like change...

par73

Post by par73 »

maybe kickball is a good place to introduce the salary cap to myth tournaments

every week TO could change the salary or keep it the same (i.e. Week 1 : 15$, Week 2 17$)
+ salary could adjust each week depending on who shows up to kick ball
((i.e. renwood 1$, asmo 2$, funky 2$, samthebutcher 1$) = 6$ pot salary [3$ spending per cap] )

when players register, TO rates how much they are worth
(adjustments could be made every 2 weeks to each players salary depending on player performance as well)

captains bid at the beginning of each match
process might take like 10-20 minutes to complete bidding (really depends on if captains know how the system works or not), then 5-10 game matches could ensue.

if anyone would be interested in this let me know. if no one grabs the idea i might take it up in for the new year.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

A salary cap would be pointless with kickball

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Myrk wrote:A salary cap would be pointless with kickball
This

par73

Post by par73 »