Finals Scheduling Thread: Team Par vs team asmo

par73

Finals Scheduling Thread: Team Par vs team asmo

Post by par73 »

The match is currently set for fallback, 2pm Saturday, the 9th of November, 2013.

adrenaline

Re: Finals Scheduling Thread: Team Par vs team asmo

Post by adrenaline »

why is this match at 2 when all the others have been at 3? 3 is way better!

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

cuz 7 games take longer than 5

par73

Post by par73 »

why did adren show up for 12 games and not 27?

wah :(

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

so what if it takes longer... so it goes an extra 30-40 min... not a big deal. I'd personally rather start at 3 and have it go longer than start an hour earlier... but whatever. Now the match is right in the middle of the day and that pretty much fucks any plans I could have made for the morning/afternoon.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:Now the match is right in the middle of the day and that pretty much fucks any plans I could have made for the morning/afternoon.
Stop you're whining, you're in EST and still have the morning! Unlike us PST folks who get it schedule *exactly* in the middle of the day over lunch... ;)

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I cant make the new time. Is there anyway we can move it to sunday at like 7:00 Pm cst?

par73

Post by par73 »

ya honk i'll check with my team

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

While I wouldn't mind a later time either, history has shown that moving the time means poor attendance. I'd rather not mess with it than risk having a 4v4 for the finals or something equally lame.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Ya w/e Paris. I know you guys are just going to fall back abuse anyway. Its fine... ill move my schedule around... the normal time should work... worst case I may have to leave after game 5-6.

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Fall back abuse? Our team has 2 people living in the US, I guess we should stay up all night on Sunday when we have to work on Monday just for you. 7pm CST Sunday, OK no problem, I'll just play myth at 11am on Monday morning instead of going to work, the Euros will just play at 5am instead of sleeping before they have work in a couple hours. We're obviously abusing fallback because we can't reschedule our lives based around your inability to make a match you knew about for over a month.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I think Honkey's just trolling Ars... he's not even in this tournament IIRC :)

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Well shit, I fell for it hook line and sinker then! I won't lie, it did feel good to get that rant out though. :twisted:

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Well I tried signing up 3 times... but it looks like myrk took me off the list due to his personal feelings. W/e i guess in a game with 21 active players we can still exclude due to personal vendettas.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Nice trolling Honkey. Try harder.

par73

Post by par73 »

honkey can be the final pick of the draft, and can play for team asmodian in the finals

loel

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Arsenal wrote:I won't lie, it did feel good to get that rant out though. :twisted:
I did enjoy the rant regardless :D

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Now now myrky poo.... I would say my first troll was a complete success.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Honkey wrote:Now now myrky poo.... I would say my first troll was a complete success.
Yes, I really don't know how arse managed to think you were on our team
Your second troll was quite obviously a verifiable lie

par73

Post by par73 »

Erm, if you really can't figure out why Arse replied to Honkey as if he was on your team... Well that's kinda sad.
Not as sad as how Asmo wants to exclude Adren from his team, however...

So, can Asmo add Honkey now that he has admitted he doesn't want Adren?

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

He sure does want to exclude Adren, which is why Adren played for us last match.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Paris is trying so hard to win this tournament with all the shenanigans he is trying to create. I guess the inferior player & captain has to do something in attempt to have any kind of chance in the finals.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmodian wrote:Paris is trying so hard to win this tournament with all the shenanigans he is trying to create. I guess the inferior player & captain has to do something in attempt to have any kind of chance in the finals.
sad thing is, your trying so hard not to lose to his shenanigan hahahah

par73

Post by par73 »

All I'm saying is, if Honkey wants to play we should INCLUDE him rather than EXCLUDE him.

Kind of like Chron in the last tournament.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

If honkey wanted to play, he could have easily signed up or replaced an inactive player earlier. Despite his trolling, I haven't excluded anyone from playing.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

It is only fair that I acknowledge that Myrk didn't exclude me from anything. And asmo watch it.. you dare not disrespect a hall of fame bullz member such as Paris.

Regardless of my myth talent, I am one of the greatest roster builders in myth history. When i returned in 2008 after my college was finished, my first team was TSS and the last true mwc team i gave a fuck about was the BUllz (too bad I spun out a la new skin style). I climbed the entire spectrum. Also keep in mind I captained TBC for many games (when bone wasn't there I was captain) and I had the job with Bullz, until I lost control of my real life and was a complete and utter failure in my mything as a result. SO let's see.... captained 2 of the best teams in myth history (1 successfully and 1 unsuccessfully).

Yet I have kept my ego far more in check (because I really have none regarding myth or video games in general). Lets also recall that the bullz knocked off the 2 year tournament reigning champs, and is bar none (with no relevance to time period) the most talented myth squad ever assembled and it was assembled by me.THat myth accomplishment alone far surpasses all of yours. ANd by the way I have never even taken credit for that ring, other than basing it on technicalities and before myrk got his ring (to aid my anti myrk posts). However in hindsight not subjecting my team to my drug and drinking induced mania and spending 2 weeks convincing them to play together (and subjecting them to their first adversity in the form of the Cremisi wighting) at least earn me the technicality of saying I got a ring, but I did not earn it in the truest sense.

The bullz era title wasn't a very competitive era for myth, but in hindsight seems like the glory years in the early 00's compared to this past mwc. There was No carebear Nc team reigning supreme, which alone counts for more competitiveness and care than the last 4 team tournaments combined (excluding you of course). There was no top dog, in this last mwc it a bunch of rabble, and the top rated team was a shell of indifference, coupled with the usual clueless but reliable teams that only form due to friendship, not their competitive desire.

It has been utterly dissapointing to watch you transform from a pretty care free dude to a know it all, condecending, care bear. The only difference between you and Gkg is he is freaking amazing at myth. You on the other hand are a product of a combination ultra try hard syndrome, and an even more diluted talent pool than myth has ever known. My advice would be to chill out, stop taking things so seriously, and stop considering yourself the "second best captain" on myth. You are a good captain, and a solid player, but please stop acting like you are Gkg. At least he has earned the right (back even when he was a heavy hitter up and comer for Cacra) to now through years of excellent play, and solid performance in competitive eras.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

uhhh I didn't even realize this was directed towards me until the end of it and not sure where the hell this came from.

It has been utterly dissapointing to watch you transform from a pretty care free dude to a know it all, condecending, care bear. The only difference between you and Gkg is he is freaking amazing at myth. You on the other hand are a product of a combination ultra try hard syndrome, and an even more diluted talent pool than myth has ever known. My advice would be to chill out, stop taking things so seriously, and stop considering yourself the "second best captain" on myth. You are a good captain, and a solid player, but please stop acting like you are Gkg. At least he has earned the right (back even when he was a heavy hitter up and comer for Cacra) to now through years of excellent play, and solid performance in competitive eras.
Uhh do you know me at all? I am still care free. I have always created shenanigans throughout my time playing in myth tournaments which is why I have had funny rivalries and have generally been denied opportunities of playing on top teams. It is what makes the game fun for me since myth 2 has never been a truly competitive online game. I wouldn't say the talent pool is diluted, I would say there never was a talent pool, but the community is fun and the game is great which makes it enjoyable to play.

Wait, someone actually took me serious about me saying "I'm the second best captain ever"? :lol: :lol:
I have no clue where I place all time as far as captains and I really don't care. When I say that I say it in a joking manner as for the same when I use to say Trow Belt.

Signed,

Trow Belt™
2nd Greatest Captain of All Time

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmodian wrote: Signed,

Trow Belt™
2nd Greatest Captain of All Time
M2SBR: Myth 2 Soulblighter Respect. A player's desperate need for recognition of his or her Myth 2 Soulblighter playing ability. This player often prefers Myth 2 Soulblighter respect, such as "You are the best team ever" or "You are so good at Myth; I am hot for you" to real life, earned respect, such as "You are fun to play random games with" or "That's a really swell color and icon you use. You are a swell person". Often this need is so desperate that the offending player will scribe countless posts attempting to convince others of his greatness." [1]

[1] M. BISON *SF*, 2001

Return to “Myrk's Tournament 2013”