Fantasy League for Myrk's tournament 2013

Arsenal

Fantasy League for Myrk's tournament 2013

Post by Arsenal »

I am pleased to announce another fantasy League, this time for Myrk's Tournament 2013, located at http://myth2.net or directly linked at http://myth2.net/?q=pickem/6 .

How does it work?

-Users sign up for the website (very fast and easy) and click on 'Myrk's Tournament 2013', click join.
-Click 'My Picks', enter your predictions.
-The picks will lock in at the start of each match, which is 3pm EST on Saturdays.

If you would to see an example fantasy league, you can see Asmo's draft tourney results here, http://myth2.net/?q=pickem/2 .

Any questions, comments or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

Zak

Re: Fantasy League for Myrk's tournament 2013

Post by Zak »

who won the last fantasy league?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

technically it was a three way tie. I forgot to make my finals pick.

par73

Post by par73 »

This is dope that this is back!

It was the best side-feature of Asmo's tournament. Mad people should get involved.

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Par, I'm glad you enjoy it! I will be making one for every tournament that has a schedule.

Yes, it was a tie. The results are here http://myth2.net/?q=pickem/2/standings, no one correctly chose the winner of the finals. Asmo would have most likely won if he had done his picks for the finals as I'm assuming he would have picked his team to win and would have been the only one to correctly pick. Everyone chose team Honkey to win the finals, http://myth2.net/?q=pickem/2/summary/11 .

Here are some fun stats about the teams, this is the teams ranked according to how well they played against each other http://myth2.net/?q=pickem/2/team_power

More people should sign up!

tirri

Post by tirri »

i joined. may the best predictormus win

tirri

Post by tirri »

id like to warn everyone that im world rank 27 (out of about 2000 i think) on http://www.dobbernomics.com/ right now with this team. im ridiculously good at fantasy shit. but fucking creme is in the same league and he is world rank 18 now, shit

J. Tavares
NYI (C)
S. Crosby
PIT (C)
M. Grabovski
WSH (C)
J. Jokinen
PIT (W)
D. Perron
EDM (W)
A. Ovechkin
WSH (W)
S. Downie
COL (W)
M. Niskanen
PIT (D)
J. Brodin
MIN (D)
T. Enstrom
WPG (D)

J. Harding
MIN (G)
J. Quick
LAK (G)

par73

Post by par73 »

That's dope as fuck but I don't see any Boston players. Creme got any Bruin's on his squad?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Hmm, so any chance this could be made a bit more granular? Like the ability to pick wins/losses for each match instead of just the winner? Seems like the potential for ties is pretty high otherwise. If we can't do something like predicting 4-1, maybe even predicting the outcome of each game in the match might be neat.

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Oops! Damn, I forgot to change it from Asmo's tourney! Yes, we can make it a bit more interesting. I originally set it up to pick score for Asmo's tournament but the scoring system for the tournament confused people so we had multiple different ways people were scoring games so I just simplified it. Not sure if I should change it back for this tournament as people have already put in their picks, everyone would have to go back and re-do their picks with scores.

Here are the different options:
  • Pick the winner: Simply pick the winner of each game.
  • Pick the winner with point spread: Pick the winner of each game based on point spread.
  • Score differential: Pick the score of each game and get points for correct score differential and winner.
  • Pick the winner with tie-breaker: Pick the winner of each game and pick the score for the last game to break weekly ties.
  • Pick the winner with a confidence score: Simply pick the winner of each game and assign a confidence point value. Assign each game below a value starting at 1 and ending with the number of games that week. Each number must be used once and only once. Give a 1 to the game you are least confident about and the maximum value to the game you expect to be a blowout. If you win the game, you get the points.

If the people who have signed up already are willing to re-do their picks within the next two days I can go ahead and change it to one of the above options.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I like this "Score differential" assuming we call the "score" the number of games won/lost. So 5-0, 4-1, etc. That seems to be what everyone was doing in the prediction threads anyways.

par73

Post by par73 »

Is there a way to split modes? I think I saw this in the last tournament, we used like two different modes?

Since it's so close to Saturday, don't make any changes until after the Draft results are in. That way, no one potentially loses the picks they already picked. Then make the change to point/score differential for week 2-4

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Okay I changed the pick mode to score differential, so all picks need to be re-done for next week. I have to be honest though, I'm not 100% on how the scoring is calculated using differential. I had to change all the rounds including round 1, so I have to put in scores for the games. I figured the easiest would be to pick a score, say 3-2, and apply it to every game based on how the person chose. So if someone chose team paris to win, then just make it 3-2. This skews better towards people who got asmo vs thor correct because that was their actual score and less towards the 5-0 score of paris vs ratking. I could change all the scores to 4-1, which might be the most fair but that lowers all the scores considerably. I could put in the correct scores to give full points to everyone who chose the scores correctly but then I'm not sure what to put in for the people who got a pick wrong. This really only affects two people as everyone else correctly chose the winners.

Either way, the scoring method has been changed, so all picks need to be re-done for next week using the game score, not the tournament score, i.e. 3 wins to 2 wins.

par73

Post by par73 »

Good use of bold.

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Picks need to be in for this week !
punkUser, tirri, samuel and Mars all need to put in their picks for round 2!

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

This new system is pretty boring. So basically you get 4 points for picking the match perfectly and one point if you just pick the winner? Why not just give 1 point for every correct game picked?

So if Tirri choose Team Asmo 3-2 over ratking he would get 5 points and If I choose Team Asmo 5-0 I would get 3 points for the 3 wins I choose. Seems like the points this way would represent the picks a lot better.

par73

Post by par73 »

who says a system has to be "exciting" to be valid and reliable?

Asmodian does.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Why do you feel the need to reply to everything I post? Nut ride much?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Hmm I thought it would be based on how far you were from the right result. So if you pick 4-1 and it's 3-2 you get more points than if it was 2-3, etc. Hence "point differential". Seems a bit odd if you have to get it exact to get points for it. Maybe change that?

par73

Post by par73 »

How much more evidence do you need to know who's really running the show?

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

I agree, the way the points given is not ideal. It is the default values, I'll poke around a bit and see if I can change it but for right now I will leave it as is. I don't want to change the format again and make people re-do their picks for a second time. I will do some testing of the other options and see what I can come up with.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Hey guys nice week 3 predictions. LOL Fail sauce!

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I gotta stop predicting that we'll lose ... or I gotta start throwing more games!

par73

Post by par73 »

3 Team Paris members still in tied for 1st. I wonder who will win the fantasy league come finals...

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Finals match is up, get your picks in before Saturday!

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Despite getting zero points for your picks last week (says the guy who forgets to pick :P). I think we gotta fix this scoring system for next tourney :)

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

I agree, the scoring is not ideal, I'll look into a better way.

par73

Post by par73 »

I think the scoring system makes sense, you can't expect it to work other than how it is set...

maybe you could set a different scoring system for the finals however!

Return to “Myrk's Tournament 2013”