Ratking
Sam
Dantski
Captain
Palladice
Wwo
Father Xmas
Codex

Ratking has perhaps the most durable team in the tournament. With Ratking, Sam and Dantski at the helm it provides a clear 3 prong leadership advantage to assist in extremly useful, reliable supporting players such as Pallidice, WWo, and Father Xmas. Codex will also have ample opportunity to learn with these all purpose players. 4 Skulls

Team Thor

Thor
East Wind
Professional Killer
Shadow
Zak
Killerking
Prometheus
SamtheButcher

Without getting too involved in the Bagrada's saga, Thor has a difficult task ahead of him. Coming from a recent draft defeat in finals puts pressure on the team to perform (having nearly half the team comprised from team zak in last tournament) and I foresee a negative not positive motivation from this. They have ample opportunity with all star players East Wind and PK to body count foes not paying attention. Killerking and Zak will be the star players on this team, ignore the 2 ball bagrada (shadow) and watch killerking instead. 3 skulls

Team Paris

Paris
Tirri
Cruniac
Arzenic
Slate
Funk
Arsenal
Empy

My finalist pick. Paris has drafted himself some very competent players. Unlike Ratkings draft picks, Paris has the advantage of re-emerging and newly rising players such as Funk and Arsenal who will put in the extra effort to be on time and contribute better in comparison to wwo. Empy being the X factor on Paris team, I expect Cruniac to throw a few knockout blows in some matches with some killer warlock shots and trow maneuvers also demoralizing teams like team Asmo and Thor. Im predicting an upset victory in this circumstance over team Asmo. 4 skulls

Team Asmo

Asmo
Myrk
Adrenaline
Chron
Browning
PunkUser
Mark

Team Asmo has a nice pick, almost too similar to what the last draft was off the top of my head. Mark wont show, and if he does then good for him. I find no flaws with any of these players, if they perform well and dont be lazy in attendance or commitment they can trump the rest of these teams quite easily. However that said, Myrk hosting this tournament clearly has resources to keep this team well and truly alive.

4.5 skulls

Codex

Re: Drunkens Dubious Prediction

Post by Codex »

Seems fairly accurate :) Good work.

par73

Post by par73 »

I like what you said about my team but I don't think empy is the X factor.
It's true, it will be important to give empy a role that he is comfortable with and can excel with; but I feel there is a more obvious choice of X factor on my team.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I think the X factor for Paris's team would be slate. His attendance and performance could help or hurt quite a bit

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Ratking wrote:I think the X factor for Paris's team would be slate. His attendance and performance could help or hurt quite a bit
I put empy as the X factor as kind of a joke, people will under-rate him unlike slate and empy might perhaps take advantage of this perception.

par73

Post by par73 »

Take in reference the first draft tournament played, ever. Team Karma was the strongest in the first two weeks, you could tell due to obvious advantage in wins, decimation via ratios, and of course, our weakest players being #1 in k-d ratios for first two consecutive weeks in a row : STB and Empy.

somehow they were picked last in this tournament.

my dubious prediction is that the x factor is everyone are idiots

Return to “Myrk's Tournament 2013”