Get the word out people!

par73

Get the word out people!

Post by par73 »

Everyone should realize, at the very least, we have some responsibility in getting players aware of the tournament and signed up !
I encourage you all to take this opportunity, this is Myrk's first myth tournament as a TO and while the majority of the success of this tournament will rest on him, it also rests on us as participants and myth players, old and new.

Asmodian

Re: Get the word out people!

Post by Asmodian »

All of these people should be contacted/sign up. Need 40+ with most the players being good for a fun tournament.

Cremisi
Ratking
Professional Killer
Rawr
Bone
Ghengis Kahn
Bagrada
Gekko
Limp
Kilgrath
Cave
Gamer
East Wind
Rabican
Flatline
Chickenwire
Zer
Kryptos
Homer
Honkey

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Anyone know which myth sites are still active other than mariusnet? Also a blue bar on gateofstorms would be cool if it's not done already (haven't been on since the last draft tournament finals)

par73

Post by par73 »

the tain

asmo don't write a list of players who you turned off from a draft tournament with your idiot antics as a TO, and expect other people to convince them to want to play again.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

You sound like a toddler throwing a tantrum with all these childish insults.

It's not my fault you got caught cheating multiple times in the tournament I hosted. Time to man up and stop the bitching.

par73

Post by par73 »

Name a single player who wasn't on team asmo, who was in the tournament, that went up to you after the tournament and told you how great the tournament was.

Oh, right.

You rigged a tournament and thought everyone was having as much fun a you?

Typical capitalist american.

Also I didn't even insult you in the last post, wtf?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

You rigged a tournament and thought everyone was having as much fun a you?
Rigged the tournament? Is that the excuse people are using for being out played?
Also I didn't even insult you in the last post, wtf?
using 'idiot' to describe my behavior is insulting.

par73

Post by par73 »

"idiot Antics"

first of all, I live in massachusetts where we acknowledge homosexual rights to freedom and marriage.
while the word 'idiot' can be degrading, we [in mass] don't generally give a fuck, and since you're not homosexual i don't see how you would take this offensively.

second of all, you rigged your tournament:
  1. first by not defining any clear rules about cheating,
    second by inventing some 'failsafe' rule that if team cremisi did by chance make it into the finals (with chances weighed heavily against them) you still wouldn't allow them to play (and i find this to be heavily amusing, because you did not penalize team honkey or create such a biased rule for team honkey, for using east wind on zak's account when they beat you 4-1).
    a third rigging of your tournament came into play, by suddenly allowing teams to use one subsitute player who wasn't signed up for the tournament to participate, in the 3rd and final week of the qualifying rounds.
  • "rig·ging
    noun: rigging; 

the system of ropes, cables, or chains employed to support a ship's masts ( standing rigging ) and to control or set the yards and sails ( running rigging )."
You controled the tournament, you were the TO. while the term 'rigging' has negative connotations in this community, i am simply stating the facts about the "ship" you were "sailing", and how you chose to "sail".

team cremisi and team homer basically had a 2 week tournament, while the other teams played 4 weeks. these are what i would call, idiot antics.

but let's say that your rigging, was not idiot antics. talking mad shit about my play and then not letting me sub for team honkey, is quite the idiot antics. you could have simply acknowledged the confirmation of the IP check, played the match, and had team honkey won you could have called your team champions of your draft tournament for having broken the subsitute rule. you didn't want to do this, you wanted to pussy foot away from a real challenge. that is what i would call, idiot antics; despite the fact that in reality, homosexuals have had to overcome far more challenges in their lives than you have.

your draft tournament left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth, if it was that much of a success, I'm pretty sure more players would be registering for Myrk's tournament.

If I'm wrong about any of this, PROVE IT. I think the only statement you could prove wrong was me stating that homosexuals have had to overcome far more challenges in their lives than you have, because I have no idea about your life except that you're a ginger, thus it could be possible I was wrong about that statement.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

You act like you tried subing on your actual account, when in reality you tried dummying on GK's account which would have allowed you guys to get another sub as well which is cheating.

I had no idea that East Wind was on Zak's account until now.

There is nothing I need to prove as most people in the threads that were talking about your cheating agreed with me.
your draft tournament left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth, if it was that much of a success, I'm pretty sure more players would be registering for Myrk's tournament.
You make a statement like this that has no concrete backing at all and then ask me to prove something, just lol. I realize you are bitter that you got caught cheating and that the TO didn't allow you to get away with your BS, but don't worry bro life goes on. This is just a game.

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmodian wrote:You act like you tried subing on your actual account, when in reality you tried dummying on GK's account which would have allowed you guys to get another sub as well which is cheating.
Well, team honkey had a full roster. i don't think they would have looked for another sub, since their full roster was there. I am not 'acting' like i tried to sub on my actual account, I never said that at all.

Even if i was on my actual account, I had already participated on another team in the tournament, so I would not have been able to sub in that circumstance regardless.

You guys basically made your 'draft tournament victory' much easier. The only other players on team honkey with tournament finals experience was sam, zak and honkey, while your team had a supporting cast of 2team veterans. I am simply saying, if you had balls, you would have accepted the challenge instead of dodge it as you had been running from it the entire tournament. I also would have been available for only 2 or 3 games. like you said, it's just a game; so why so serious?
Asmodian wrote:
Par73 wrote:your draft tournament left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth, if it was that much of a success, I'm pretty sure more players would be registering for Myrk's tournament.
You make a statement like this that has no concrete backing at all and then ask me to prove something, just lol. I realize you are bitter that you got caught cheating and that the TO didn't allow you to get away with your BS, but don't worry bro life goes on. This is just a game.
I have "concrete" backing from asking several players how they felt about the tournament, some of these players are ones you listed to "be contacted/sign up". Is it really that hard to comprehend that after participating in the last draft tournament they had such a personal (yet possibly shared) bad experience that they now no longer have interest?

a little more evidence to support my claim, could be the registration process for your draft tournament, and this current draft tournament.
http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic ... 2&start=80
it took 8 days to get 44 players to sign up for the draft tournament which you hosted, which precedes this tournament
meanwhile it's been 6 days for myrks tournament, and there are about only 25 players who have signed up. suddenly the size of the tournament will double in two days and not support my claim? I think not. I'm sure there are many other reasons besides people not being happy with the last draft tournament, which have impacted participant registration in t his tournament.

Ghengis is usually the first to sign up for a tournament, where is he now? :( Where is homer? :( good lord :(

Zak

Post by Zak »

Yeah lets sign ghengis up, the first round pick of honkey's who showed up for 1 match (which we lost)

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah was about to say... Ghengis is not a good example that supports your assertions :P The whole discussion is academic anyways. If you care about getting people to play, spend more time doing that and less time being bitchy and writing essays on the forums. I feel like par is actually going to pass STB soon for TLDR posts.

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Bah I can't add a mod or admin to my foes list.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

People didn't magically sign up when I hosted the draft tournament. I was very active then and very proactive in getting people to sign up. Myrk is never on other than for organized matches, I would say that is the main reason it has taken longer for people to sign up.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mythse ... uncements/ Hope you get some players out of this free advertisement, and although I am not playing nor is any deer ill still try and help you get some others playing. Just make sure if people actually do show, players like Honkey or Bagrada are not fucking idiots and alienate new recruits to the game.

par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:Yeah was about to say... Ghengis is not a good example that supports your assertions :P The whole discussion is academic anyways. If you care about getting people to play, spend more time doing that and less time being bitchy and writing essays on the forums. I feel like par is actually going to pass STB soon for TLDR posts.
yeah; i feel like you're soon going to surpass PMA blades on time wasted maintaining and hosting a myth server

if the whole discussion was academic, why you gunna say "TLDR posts", bro. that's respectful, bro, very respectful.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXZ0hdkjaeU

I hope you can spread link around to, your friends and buddies who want myth too! I wasnt feeling 100% still recovering from my illness but I needed to do this for my steam page, but its still the best one out there and most up to date.

wwo

Post by wwo »

Dantski wrote:Bah I can't add a mod or admin to my foes list.
+1

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Will fix for folks who are no longer moderators of active tournament forums. Seems they don't get removed when the forums get locked for whatever reason.

par73

Post by par73 »

Seems like Myth Fighting Championship is still listed as an active tournament when it has had no responses or conclusion in a month.

Time to send it to the graveyard.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yep, done.

empy

Post by empy »

My body is ready

Return to “Myrk's Tournament 2013”