Tournament rules

Myrk

Tournament rules

Post by Myrk »

This is a draft format tournament. The draft will happen on Saturday Oct 5, with the first match being played Saturday Oct 19 (changed from Oct 12). Fallback for the draft and all matches except the finals will be 3 pm est, with the fallback for the finals being 2 pm est. Edit: Changed date of the first match to Oct 19. The cutoff date to be a team captain is Oct 5, which is still the default time for the draft. If all captains agree, the draft time can be rescheduled for a time between Oct 5 and Oct 19.

Structure

Teams will play each other round robin style until every team has played each other, then the top 2 highest scoring teams will play in a final match.

Game wins = 3 pts
Game ties = 1 pt
Game losses = 0 pts

Scores will be added after every match.

Teams can only use players registered on their team, there will be no substitute players allowed.
The maximum amount of players allowed to play at a time is 7.

Cheating

Any instance of cheating will result in the offending player being banned and any games they cheated in counted as a win for the other team.

Instances of cheating include the following:

- Playing a game on another player's account. In this case both players would be banned.
- Using a player who's not registered on your team.
- Deliberately off-mapping balls (placing balls where they can't be shot back into a contestable area by artillery units or contested with all-terrain units such as spiders). Accidentally doing this will not be considered cheating.
- Being a 'backseat captain' as an observer. This only applies when there are 7 people with units on a team and the 8th player is calling out in-game events. Keep in mind you'll still get a loss if the offending observer isn't your teammate, so be careful who you let observe your games. In this case a maximum of one of your team's wins for that match will count as a win for the other team.
- Having more than 7 players on your team with units when any unit on the map takes damage from the opposing team. Accidentally giving 8 players units and then correcting this before fighting happens will not be considered cheating.
- Spamming the in-game chat by yelling. This will count as cheating if a player fills the screen with chat within 5 seconds and I determine it's not just lag.
- Anything that I forgot to mention here that we all know would be considered cheating. Just don't be an asshole and you'll be fine.

Rule Addition Oct 21
-If a player on your roster hasn't played in a match yet, you can replace them with someone of a comparable skill level who isn't currently on a team in this tournament. The replacement player will have to be approved by me first. This can be done on match day if I'm online.

wwo

Re: Tournament rules

Post by wwo »

You're going to have to go on a case-by-case basis with the dummying/spoofing. Some people look for loopholes, so leave it open and arbitrary. Most of chron's team when he posed as flatline didn't know it wasn't actually flatline. There's more than a dozen regular accounts being shared by a handful of players.

par73

Post by par73 »

Finally! A Myth 2 Tournament with legitimate and well thought out rules against cheaters!

Also everyone knew it was Chron, I'm not really sure who was lying to you that they didn't know if they were present. I disclosed the information to everyone on the team, who was present. The last to find out was NewMutator, because he showed up later than everyone else.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

I figure we're all smart enough to be able to change our account passwords and not share accounts for tournament matches, I am not going to be bending even a little bit when it comes to rule enforcement. I think most people want legit games, and I will be doing my best to prevent shenanigans in this tournament.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, "Shenanigans."

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

... but it's a perfect word to describe what he's trying to say. You don't like it cause it sounds funny to you or something?

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Someone hasn't seen Super Troopers.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Indeed I have not :)

par73

Post by par73 »

Have you seen Waiting?
"Young employees at Shenaniganz restaurant collectively stave off boredom and adulthood with their antics. "

A cult classic!

Maybe we should include 'backseat captaining', that way the 8th player can still 'play' for their team while unable to receive units :O

par73

Post by par73 »

Myrk, you should clarify whether the finals:
  1. 1. is with all teams involved (could be a 3 game semi-final series 1v4, 2v3),
    2. or whether or not it will be the top 2 teams via points, which enter the finals. (1v2)

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Myrk wrote:Teams will play each other round robin style until every team has played each other, then the top 2 highest scoring teams will play in a final match.

Return to “Myrk's Tournament 2013”