Post here if you've ever been let down by Limp

Homer

Post here if you've ever been let down by Limp

Post by Homer »

One time, Limp promised to make strats for our big match vs. Asmodian's Team, a completely beatable team by the way. Our whole team was looking forward to it, since the prior weeks match was such a fiasco and we now had the presence of our Finnish ally Arzenic. Limp explicitly had told me that Thursday, prior to our big redemption match that he would make strats and captain every map, not only that, but he'd show up early to go over them with anyone who wanted to see the maps.

Then as our hopeful band of miscreants twiddled their thumbs in the lobby of GOS, Limp was nowhere to be found. We waited, and then we waited, but time was getting short and we started to grow concerned. Did something horrible happen to Limp we asked ourselves? How bad could things be, he was still connected to facebook via mobile. We wondered why he wasn't returning mine or Adrenaline's facebook messages, or WWO's phone calls. While it became harder and harder to keep my faith in one of my greatest myth allies, I assured my teammates that he would come through in-spite of their persistent doubts and concerns.

With less than 10 minutes left to prepare, I took over the wheel and made my own strats. Having never even seen two of the maps I had about 2 minutes to look at each mesh. However I didn't reach the last map on the list before being tossed into the ring. My men looked to me for leadership, "where is Limp?" they asked. "We thought he had strats?" Have no fear men, I have made some strats in the last 10 minutes, we may be victorious yet. Alas it was not to be, the all important map was the final map I didn't get time to review, and my unpreparedness was our main weakness as the enemies strategy and unit trade was far superior, I ordered my men into a slaughter and we lost the game and match. In that moment Limps betrayal is what stung worst of all, not the defeat, for I knew we had all played our hearts out.

Having had a viable strategy for that map could've tied the match and sent us into a OT situation. Unfortunately we sat in defeat, not knowing what could've been. Where is Limp? our voices echoed as the enemies spider pack raped our units one by one, he said he was gonna be here. With the teams trust shattered, and some of our best players not caring enough to show or even give reasonable notice. The remnants of the team are forced to carry on, hardened by a lifetime of defeats Boc and Xmas stand strong supported by WWO's apathy.

Myrk

Re: Post here if you've ever been let down by Limp

Post by Myrk »

Limp isn't a reliable teammate. It's past time people figured this out.
I honestly don't get why he gets anything other than 5th rate unitsets when he does show up either. He's never been a good player. All he's good at is kissing ass, making the right connections, getting on good teams, and somehow talking his way into getting good units. You'd think people would just watch him actually play sometime (this past MWC for example) and figure out just how not-top-tier he is for themselves.

PS Your strats weren't bad for last-minute work really, except for having so much defense on Lichen then sending it all off to leave your flag exposed after we got the vic imm. That whole game seemed like an epic bed-shitting by you guys more than anything else, kind of like that Tain game was for us. Other than that they all seemed viable enough, and I'll give you credit for doing a big jugger flank on the Koth game to try to counter us getting the island.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

the last map was just plain bad. we were doomed without spids. and what the fuck is with every ghol starting with puss? that is just ridiculous.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Myrk wrote:I am not a reliable teammate. It's past time people figured this out.

Just because limp doesn't give as good of head as you do, is no reason to throw him under the bus.

limp

Post by limp »

seriously, sorry i can't jerk people off with my fat rolls a la myrk

shadow

Post by shadow »

Myrk wrote:Limp isn't a reliable teammate. It's past time people figured this out.
... All he's good at is kissing ass, making the right connections, getting on good teams, and somehow talking his way into getting good units....
Sounds about right.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I can think of a game where NC was about to lose to TBC in the mwc finals, and limped saved them with heads up map awareness and tagging with about 1/10th of a second remaining till they were eliminated from mwc. They later fought back and won mwc in De, but without limps play they would have lost then and there.

limp

Post by limp »

Myrk ~wins his first MWC 10 years after me, boasts about winning MWC 10 years after me

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

The smallest, least skilled mwc in history that is.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

limp wrote:seriously, sorry i can't jerk people off with my fat rolls a la myrk
limp wrote:Myrk ~wins his first MWC 10 years after me, boasts about winning MWC 10 years after me
u mad?

Just can't stand getting called out on your shit I guess. Thanks for cheating in the MWC finals too, made your loss extra humiliating I'm sure.

limp

Post by limp »

humiliation is of no matter concerning myth, at least for those with reasonable lives.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

limp wrote:Myrk ~wins his first MWC 10 years after me, boasts about winning MWC 10 years after me
so wait, are we boasting about winning the mwc 10 years ago, or are we playing the real-life card when we lose mwc? which one is it? or are we trying to have our cake and eat it too again? hypocracy at its finest!

at least myrk has won an individual tournament. y'know...where you can't hide your non-factor behind better teammates. and this was years before that first mwc win of yours 10 years ago!

Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

LOL, this is what happens when you have neither card to play. /\

wwo

Post by wwo »

Myth Solitaire.

Return to “Asmo's Draft Tournament 2013”