Asmo Said

par73

Asmo Said

Post by par73 »

that we could add Chron1 to Team Cremisi's roster.

So we are, and have, and did. Thanks Asmo.

welcome Chron!

punkUser

Re: Asmo Said

Post by punkUser »

Why doesn't Asmo post that... not saying you're lying but obviously need him to confirm himself.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

confirmed

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Asmo~ If my team 5-0's you feel free to add who you would like to roster.

par73

Post by par73 »

Well PunkUser he said he would make an announcement, I asked him again later as well.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Honkey wrote:Asmo~ If my team 5-0's you feel free to add who you would like to roster.
Them having Chron last match would not have changed anything at all. They were clearly out played every game. I allowed them to pick up Chron because Cremisi drafted a clearly inferior team and it's better for the tournament that they become a competitive team.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I was just messing around, but if chron wouldnt have made a difference, and adding him makes them a less inferior team, than What is the point of adding him?

wwo

Post by wwo »

Honkey wrote:What is the point of adding him?
So chron can play.

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmodian wrote:
Honkey wrote:Asmo~ If my team 5-0's you feel free to add who you would like to roster.
Them having Chron last match would not have changed anything at all. They were clearly out played every game. I allowed them to pick up Chron because Cremisi drafted a clearly inferior team and it's better for the tournament that they become a competitive team.

cremisi didn't clearly draft an inferior team, but he surely drafted the team with the most infighting and team chemistry problems.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Asmos made my same point trying to argue what i sad.. All I said was "add a top player after asmos team 5-0 them so the rest get to play a better team than the one asmo faced" Like i give a shit if they add people, and id much rather have chron play than not play, I was just pointing out my amusement with the situation.

par73

Post by par73 »

honkey ~amused when threatened

Zak

Post by Zak »

This is retarded, how about you let us add another player to our team to balance this out

par73

Post by par73 »

ok zak why dont' you add rabican since he enjoys your company up his ass every tournament since 2009

Zak

Post by Zak »

I guarantee you that asmo would never have allowed this if he hadn't already played team cremisi.

Allowing Chron to join that team solidifies asmo's spot in the finals even more, since the team he beat 5-0 might get a few more wins off other teams, lowering their overall points.

Like Tirri said earlier in that other thread, this is some of the worst riggery in tournament history. I find it amusing this is allowed after Asmo said trades make the teams less balanced.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Adding people late in a draft tourney does seem a little bit silly/suspect TBH... kind of defeats the point in balancing via a draft.

par73

Post by par73 »

Yeah well teams not getting picked by pre-draft rankings and instead allowing captains to choose the players they want also defeats the purpose of 'balancing a draft'.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I realize this isn't "fair", but to be honest cremisi just chose a awful team for a draft tournament. Even with adding Chron to Cremisi's team they still have the worst roster.
par73 wrote:Yeah well teams not getting picked by pre-draft rankings and instead allowing captains to choose the players they want also defeats the purpose of 'balancing a draft'.
lol are you serious? sorry there was a retarded captain in the draft and no one else around to fill the role at that time. You honestly think people would play with pre-arranged teams? There would be unlimited amounts off QQ of how the TO stacked certain teams.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Zak wrote:I guarantee you that asmo would never have allowed this if he hadn't already played team cremisi.

Allowing Chron to join that team solidifies asmo's spot in the finals even more, since the team he beat 5-0 might get a few more wins off other teams, lowering their overall points.

Like Tirri said earlier in that other thread, this is some of the worst riggery in tournament history. I find it amusing this is allowed after Asmo said trades make the teams less balanced.
Wow just read this pretty amazing. I could care less about stacking the favors for my team to win this tournament. I just won a mwc weeks ago. I hosted this so that good games could last a little longer after mwc, and all you do is bitch and cry because a team that was playing 3 2 ballers in their main lineup were able to pickup chron. You must have 0 confidence in your mything abilities if this honestly upsets you.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Asmodian wrote:
Zak wrote:I guarantee you that asmo would never have allowed this if he hadn't already played team cremisi.

Wow just read this pretty amazing. I could care less about stacking the favors for my team to win this tournament. I just won a mwc weeks ago. I hosted this so that good games could last a little longer after mwc, and all you do is bitch and cry because a team that was playing 3 2 ballers in their main lineup were able to pickup chron. You must have 0 confidence in your mything abilities if this honestly upsets you.
Cool, let the teams you haven't played yet, use chron in their lineup as well.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Or better yet give the other teams players like GKG/kirk

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote:Yeah well teams not getting picked by pre-draft rankings and instead allowing captains to choose the players they want also defeats the purpose of 'balancing a draft'.
That's just BS. There's no one to blame but your captain if the team ends up being non-competitive. That's the whole point in a captains' draft... if you just sorted players by some community average rating you wouldn't even need captains. Captains get an opportunity to show that their ratings are better than the other captains, community, etc. It's about picking the under-rated players and avoiding the over-rated ones.

Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Zak wrote:Cool, let the teams you haven't played yet, use chron in their lineup as well.
Sounds fine to me. We'll be 20-0 regardless.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

There is an easy solution to this. Since rawr quit (apparently) it should be either him or Chron but not both. The problem we run is this team being a forfeit team week 3 if they aren't competitive.

par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:
That's just BS. There's no one to blame but your captain if the team ends up being non-competitive. That's the whole point in a captains' draft... if you just sorted players by some community average rating you wouldn't even need captains. Captains get an opportunity to show that their ratings are better than the other captains, community, etc. It's about picking the under-rated players and avoiding the over-rated ones.
if it was about picking under-rated players and avoiding picking the over-rated ones i'm pretty sure team cremisi would be #1 in that case.

Remember, you said
"Adding people late in a draft tourney does seem a little bit silly/suspect TBH... kind of defeats the point in balancing via a draft."
Thus,
The point of 'balancing via a draft' had already been defeated, if anything, allowing the worst-team by community-perception the best-player who has signed up to participate post-draft is only fair.

(not to mention, if this was an association [over a 4-match season], team cremisi would have more cap room for Chron than any other team, and Chron would obviously want to go to the team that gives him the best paycheck and has the biggest role for him).

@asmo: you'd solve that "TO fixed the teams" problem by having 5-10 mythers rate all the players on some stupid scale, then average all the rankings together to form the teams. The more possible ratings you allow in the scale system, the less "fixed" the teams will seem.

par73

Post by par73 »

Honkey wrote:There is an easy solution to this. Since rawr quit (apparently) it should be either him or Chron but not both. The problem we run is this team being a forfeit team week 3 if they aren't competitive.
I don't think this tournament will have any forfeit teams. Your team has had second worst turn out in the tournament thus-far so chances are your team is more likely to be a forfeit team week 3.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: if it was about picking under-rated players and avoiding picking the over-rated ones i'm pretty sure team cremisi would be #1 in that case.
... what?? Paris nothing you said in that post makes any sense.

Bottom line is if you want to do a tournament that basically has "community picked teams", great... I'll make you some forums for it. But that's not how a captains' draft works and that's what this tournament is.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Well in that case Paris you shouldn't e allowed to add a top 25 pick mid tournament.

par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:
par73 wrote: if it was about picking under-rated players and avoiding picking the over-rated ones i'm pretty sure team cremisi would be #1 in that case.
... what?? Paris nothing you said in that post makes any sense.

Bottom line is if you want to do a tournament that basically has "community picked teams", great... I'll make you some forums for it. But that's not how a captains' draft works and that's what this tournament is.
Yeah OK PunkUser, I'm just explaining your logic of the under-rated/over-rated shit deciding games is retarded as cremisi picked an under-rated player (compared to others available) every single turn in the draft and wound up having his team swept.

As an example in why your logic fails, Homer could have better ratings for everyone in the tournament, but his team went 1-4 this weekend so apparently on this logic you're building, his ratings must be stupid in comparison to the other teams (except cremisi?). Not to mention "Captain's ratings" of players overall skill level, and choosing the 'better player' can certainly have its downsides when the "better player" doesn't show up. I guess Honkey (4-1) had the second best ratings while the 2 best players he had on a team didn't show up at all.

This captains' draft basically IS community picked teams, each captains draft pick is influenced by the community and atmosphere perhaps more than the captain himself. but you're far too black-and-white on what your observation of this tournament is to consider that, I suppose.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Honkey wrote:Well in that case Paris you shouldn't e allowed to add a top 25 pick mid tournament.
Chron was one of the best players on TMNS and would easily have been a top 10 pick if he had been draftable. Rawr was drafted in the fifth round, for good reasons, so thats slightly better but would probably make their team even stronger since rawr is a liability.

Zak

Post by Zak »

punkUser wrote:
Exactly this. Cremisi and Honkey made some questionable draft choices and it worked out (sort of) for one and ruined the other. If we do another draft tournament we can probably assume Cremisi would make similar mistakes, and if there is a better alternative to him, then we'll choose another captain. Until that time, team Cremisi should be stuck with their shitty team.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: Yeah OK PunkUser, I'm just explaining your logic of the under-rated/over-rated shit deciding games is retarded as cremisi picked an under-rated player (compared to others available) every single turn in the draft and wound up having his team swept.
Yeah, I'd say that his team getting swept is pretty compelling evidence that he picked over-rated players (relative to the other captains' rankings), not the opposite. The rest of your post makes me think you don't really understand how this works though, so I'm not touching it.

par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:
par73 wrote: Yeah OK PunkUser, I'm just explaining your logic of the under-rated/over-rated shit deciding games is retarded as cremisi picked an under-rated player (compared to others available) every single turn in the draft and wound up having his team swept.
Yeah, I'd say that his team getting swept is pretty compelling evidence that he picked over-rated players (relative to the other captains' rankings), not the opposite. The rest of your post makes me think you don't really understand how this works though, so I'm not touching it.

ok first of all he had me at #1 draft pick

anyone who's anyone knows that this should have gone to ghengis or sam; perhaps tirri/adren.

then his #2 pick is ratking, while adren is still available, Lool?
#3 PK, dantski and adren are still available.

4 and 5) flat and rawr are picked. the fact that flat is picked over rawr, well, do i need say more? myrk, kilg, browning are all still open for the taking

6 and 7, milkman and stb, ok what is this, the first possibility of cremisi picking overrated players in comparison to the remaining players in the pool? liger, hh still open

8 and 9, HH and newmutator. HH is so underrated I can't believe i have to even bring it up. liger; still available.

#10 empy, the last player available in the big game of kickball. cremisi's last pick was a forced pick, empy is so underrated he isn't even rated at all; despite having top ratios along with STB in the first 3 rounds of the 1st draft tournament.

The first 5 picks of team cremisi were all players who were underrated compared to players who were available.

edit: I now understand how wrong you are, in your theory, by stating that cremisi chose the players he picked, because they were overrated and he was too stubborn on his personal rankings of who's the best team player available.

He didn't do that at all.

from Team Cremisi's Team forums,
cremisi wrote:i specifically made my picks to have a fun layed back team to enjoy the matches and to have fun playing and made a point to stay away from the usual hyped up heavy hitters ENJOY....................................................................................

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

This 'underrated vs overrated' argument doesn't matter since there's no salary cap. Everyone was free to put the cream of the crop best of the best 5-ballers on the same team, like Asmo did. Cremisi didn't pick underrated players, he just made bad picks.

Zak

Post by Zak »

par73 wrote:

ok first of all he had me at #1 draft pick

anyone who's anyone knows that this should have gone to ghengis or sam; perhaps tirri/adren.

then his #2 pick is ratking, while adren is still available, Lool?
#3 PK, dantski and adren are still available.

4 and 5) flat and rawr are picked. the fact that flat is picked over rawr, well, do i need say more? myrk, kilg, browning are all still open for the taking

6 and 7, milkman and stb, ok what is this, the first possibility of cremisi picking overrated players? liger, hh still open

The first 5 picks of team cremisi were all players who were underrated compared to players who were available.
That fucks up the tournament, yes, but everyone knew the risk going into this that their captain could draft a shitty team so nobody should be rewarded for getting swept in the first game. This is the fault of the TO, since he picked the captains, and Cremisi turned out to be a dud. Now we know next year to not let him captain.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

my picks were based on- who would play with me....who i thought would show..... and who is the best value for what I was looking for. I didnt get outpicked at all... my only questionable pick was possibly captain over adren but I didnt think adren would show as I wasn't aware of the reason he missed important mwc matches and I think captain can be criminally underrated.

I thought homer picked a great team on paper, but his top players are inconsistent at showing up (see my big board, I wouldnt have wasted a pick on Gekko, aka homers 2nd pick in any round short of the 6th). I also picked a heavily bc oriented team as I didn't realize I would have 2 captains that actually took the time to strat, when in doubt try to kill as much shit as possible. If anything I picked the most undervalued players with talent as Captain and slate are 2 players that have done a wonderful job in almost every tournament and fell in the draft position of "flatline" players that are living on their 03 reputations. In addition I got a top 3 talent with my 2nd pick (7th overall). Id say it was a very good draft for us.

my only beef with cremisi's picks is that he picked rawr for his "chill team".

Asmo did a solid job picking, but there is no way his team could out bc my roster top to bottom. We have 2 of the top 3 players in the tournament and no weak bc links other than the 7th slot, which would be Zak, myself, or drunken depending on the unit set and that role is pretty hard to fuck up.

and chron woulda gone minimum top 15 players, so ya thats like almost giving them an additional first round draft pick to supplement the roster. I dont really care if Chron plays, but what would the ruling be if Kirk wanted to play? or gkg? etc.... kinda defeats the purpose of the entire tournament. And yes in a points based system adding a high 4 baller to a roster could dramatically alter the finals positioning as it gives that squad essentially a free power player while taking nothing from the roster. Having to draft chron could have changed the entire landscape of the draft . every game counts and it could alter things.

with that being said... who really gives a fuck. From a legitimacy standpoint it undermines the entire tournament, however from an inclusion standpoint and a maximizing the quality of myth games I am all for it. In other words... its a questionable decision that I personally dont have a problem with, but understand why it would concern some player.

par73

Post by par73 »

Whatever you butthurt idiot fucks don't get hufflepuffed over what Asmo Said.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: ok first of all he had me at #1 draft pick

anyone who's anyone knows that this should have gone to ghengis or sam; perhaps tirri/adren
So you're agreeing with me, you've just mixed up your terminology on "under-rated" vs "over-rated". Under-rated players are those who are in reality better than their "rating" (by a given captain) and so on for over-rated. Thus - as I said - you and I both agree that cremisi over-rated the players that he picked relative to the others in the pool.
par73 wrote: The first 5 picks of team cremisi were all players who were underrated compared to players who were available.
No, over-rated by cremisi. You've just mixed up your terminology.
Honkey wrote: with that being said... who really gives a fuck. From a legitimacy standpoint it undermines the entire tournament, however from an inclusion standpoint and a maximizing the quality of myth games I am all for it. In other words... its a questionable decision that I personally dont have a problem with, but understand why it would concern some player.
Well said, completely agreed. It does undermine the tournament, but who the hell cares, this isn't "serious MWC time" anyways ;)

Zak

Post by Zak »

punkUser wrote:
par73 wrote: ok first of all he had me at #1 draft pick

anyone who's anyone knows that this should have gone to ghengis or sam; perhaps tirri/adren
So you're agreeing with me, you've just mixed up your terminology on "under-rated" vs "over-rated". Under-rated players are those who are in reality better than their "rating" (by a given captain) and so on for over-rated. Thus - as I said - you and I both agree that cremisi over-rated the players that he picked relative to the others in the pool.
par73 wrote: The first 5 picks of team cremisi were all players who were underrated compared to players who were available.
No, over-rated. You've just mixed up your terminology.
Honkey wrote: with that being said... who really gives a fuck. From a legitimacy standpoint it undermines the entire tournament, however from an inclusion standpoint and a maximizing the quality of myth games I am all for it. In other words... its a questionable decision that I personally dont have a problem with, but understand why it would concern some player.
Completely agreed. Let's just roll with it... this isn't "serious MWC time" anyways. ;)
I think Paris is saying that Cremisi's first five picks were underrated compared to the first 5 picks of other teams, not that they were better. I'm not sure why he is saying that though, since it doesn't make Cremisi look any better or justify his team getting a player as good as chron

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Zak wrote: I think Paris is saying that Cremisi's first five picks were underrated compared to the first 5 picks of other teams, not that they were better.
Right, that is OVER-rated (relative to their performance) or conversely, under-performing (relative to his rating).

I think the mistake in logic here is that there is no "global rating", only the captain's ratings and "reality". The "rating" in these terms refers to the captain's pick order.

Anyways, we're all in violent agreement I think, just let's keep the terminology clear :)

par73

Post by par73 »

dude cremisi's personal ratings, reality, and what he actually picked for a draft team (different than his personal ratings), had nothing to do with picking anything but underrated players.

in no way or form am I agreeing that "cremisi's top 5 picks were overrated players"

none of us are overrated, relative to our performance, as I'm constantly underrated, as is PK, RK, rawr, etc.

let's keep the terminology, to each their own, instead because I think your backwards ass point of view on this myth subject sucks as much ass as your server having maintenance issues over the weekend when people are actually playing.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I imagine that PunkUser's reaction is some what similar to this after reading these responses.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: none of us are overrated, relative to our performance, as I'm constantly underrated, as is PK, RK, rawr, etc.
But wait, you just explained to me how he should have picked ghengis, etc. instead of you first pick. Thus he over-rated you relative to them. This is not a complicated concept man, think of what the words over, and rated mean :P
par73 wrote: ... your server having maintenance issues over the weekend when people are actually playing.
Regarding the games page being down, as I've said many times, it doesn't affect anything other than being able to view the games. They still are recorded and so on just fine so it doesn't disrupt anyone playing games.

And yeah Asmo, pretty much. Sometimes I do wonder why I even bother with these threads...

par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:
par73 wrote: none of us are overrated, relative to our performance, as I'm constantly underrated, as is PK, RK, rawr, etc.
But wait, you just explained to me how he should have picked ghengis, etc. instead of you first pick. Thus he over-rated you relative to them. This is not a complicated concept man, think of what the words over, and rated mean :P
cremisi wrote:i specifically made my picks to have a fun layed back team to enjoy the matches and to have fun playing and made a point to stay away from the usual hyped up heavy hitters ENJOY....................................................................................
punkUser wrote:
par73 wrote: ... your server having maintenance issues over the weekend when people are actually playing.
Regarding the games page being down, as I've said many times, it doesn't affect anything other than being able to view the games. They still are recorded and so on just fine so it doesn't disrupt anyone playing games.

And yeah Asmo, pretty much. Sometimes I do wonder why I even bother with these threads...

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

So yeah, cremisi is - as expected - saying the same thing as well, nice :) Not sure what this discussion is even about at this point. That picking strategy supports the case that you shouldn't be able to add late players since it was clearly intentional, but whatever.

par73

Post by par73 »

I didn't realize cremisi really made any ratings at all. I guess I missed that memo.

#1 Pick, Mirin?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote:I didn't realize cremisi really made any ratings at all. I guess I missed that memo.
"Ratings" are equivalent to his pick order in the context of a draft. Clearly he didn't do them based on skill, but a different metric doesn't change the previous discussion at all.

Seems like his "laid back" plan is backfiring though heh ;)

par73

Post by par73 »

dude what u and asmo are talking about as 'ratings' is something completely different than what cremisi used to 'rate' his players and make his picks, so honestly i still don't get why u are so uptight about claiming shit you said.

basically, what cremisi did was not even rate the players at all. [QUOTE where he said that shit, for the third time]. So if he's not even rating players to begin with, I don't see how you're claiming he's over-rating me to be very valid to begin with.

Anyway, what you said that I disagreed with:
PunkUser wrote: That's just BS. There's no one to blame but your captain if the team ends up being non-competitive. That's the whole point in a captains' draft... if you just sorted players by some community average rating you wouldn't even need captains. Captains get an opportunity to show that their ratings are better than the other captains, community, etc. It's about picking the under-rated players and avoiding the over-rated ones.
1) actually its up to the team as a whole to be at blame for being non-competitive.
2) that is your personal goal, and your personal point, in a captains draft, for you (and perhaps others); to pick the under-rated players, avoid the over-rated ones to make the team competitive.
3) if players were sorted by community average rating, it would be an interesting setting. however I think the captains are currently the most balanced they have ever been in any draft tournament thus far, so this is a more important step in exploring draft tournaments for the myth 2 community.
4) yeah captains get that opportunity (to show their rankings are better than other captains), if they wish to pursue it (like honkey and his flaming big board). cremisi wanted to pursue something else. because honestly who really gives a fuck. adren went #11 in the draft you (the captains)'re all fucking braindead.
5) cremisi picked the under-rated players, and avoided the over-rated ones. that is all I'm saying.

so while he, CREMISI, did (5) what your personal goal is allegedly "about" (2), it seems like things are much different for team cremisi. it seems like picking the under-rated players actually caused the team to be as competitive as the 5-player team showings from the other match up (team cremisi had a full roster vs a 5 player team, missing their top players would have been a rape). when in reality team asmo had their top 8 players show up, and despite the fact that they are all overrated as fuck in comparison to a top 8 player showing of more obvious teams like team honkey and team homer.

If anything, asmo picked the most overrated players possible, as well as honkey, while homer picked with more couth and cremisi drew a wild card and built a team to have some players step up into the lime light. he did the opposite of what you're talking about and he is agreeing with you because he is an overrated moron himself.

lets recap:
adding chron is going to make our team more competitive, by both of our standards of competitiveness.
adding chron to any other team is an absolute joke.
Officially, The offices of TEAM KREMISI contacted Chron1 before any other team, and also offered a contract which was agreed to by the Player, the Team, and the Commissioner.

Honestly I'm beginning to wonder if the bloated ego of team asmodian is or isn't going to end up costing them down the stretch of this tournament.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Alright so after making me read 3 pages of retardation Chron can no longer join Team Cremisi

Paris him self said that his teams picks were so amazing, so obviously it would be unfair to let chron join them and stack their already top tier roster.

Translation = Learn to keep your mouth shut when the TO is completely interfering with the format of the tournament to give the worst team a second chance.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

par73 wrote:#1 Pick, Mirin?
LOL CALLED IT
5-0 BITCH, OVERRATED MUCH?

Captain

Post by Captain »

This thread used my name so many times.

Return to “Asmo's Draft Tournament 2013”