Quick update about tourney

drunken_deer

Quick update about tourney

Post by drunken_deer »

PLEASE NOTE: For the 2T game played due to the players being late and the reshuffle I hastily organised
2 points will be awarded for each round to the top 3 players on the winning teams side. 2 points will be awarded each round to the most damaging player on the losing side.

RESULTS ARE HERE SO FAR
http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1459

TEAM STRUCTURE- HOW IT WORKS NOW

instead of the failed attempt of having set teams
1.Every player is going to be placed into one big pool There are no more teams. As homer and many witnessed this morning (for me) was a disaster.
2. It is simple matter of joining/hosting a game with 6 players in the provided player pool and starting the match.
3. you can have the same players participate in other matches to fill in a 6th player spot.
4, Zero points will be awarded if they win the round. They can however block all the other players from gaining any points!

INFORMATION ABOUT MAPS

There was a hiccup on a single map this week with 5 players due to the teams were set up in a way for the maps catered to (except we abandoned the teams..) , So Ive double checked the maps for next week and they work perfectly fine if you follow the instructions which can be found on the maps link below
http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic ... 219#p11219

NEXT WEEK IS THE TOURNEY BEING PLAYED??

Yes the tournament will continue throughout this weekend, If you miss out on your game this week you can catch up next week in your own time. Remember you can draft anybody from the player pool into your group they just wont be able to recieve points if they have played before however.

WHAT TIME DO EVERYONE PLAY NEXT WEEK?

2:30PM Sunday worked out great this week, unless you have specified to a group of players to join at X time, come at 2:30pm Sunday. If you turn up a bit later its fine , just try and stay between the 2:30PM-4pm time. The reason being that more players will be there to fill in the teams and comming late you can still jump into a game or make a new one.

par73

Re: Quick update about tourney

Post by par73 »

I don't think I'll be able to play next Sunday at 2:30 pm.

Also 3pm or 3:30 seemed to work better for everyone last weekend.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

par73 wrote:I don't think I'll be able to play next Sunday at 2:30 pm.

Also 3pm or 3:30 seemed to work better for everyone last weekend.
like I said, you can turn up at 3:30pm and still if people are on you can form up your own team and recruit players. Most tourney games take longer than 45 min to complete so even if they already played their matches you can use them to fill your 6 player games.

par73

Post by par73 »

Well I will try to show up but I think I'll be hella busy till next weekend.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

par73 wrote:Well I will try to show up but I think I'll be hella busy till next weekend.
What you could do is perhaps organise a game with asmo, homer and a few others that show up in your timezone, and submit them Fri/Sat/Sun or whenever as long as they are on the pool list, give me the map links on G.O.S films and ill assess and list them on. Remember so long as you have 6ppl from the pool you can play the games, 2:30-3 Sunday is just a staple time to get most attendences but they can be played throughout the tourney.
with the film player history it is easy to tell if someone is repeating maps if they didnt get the result they wanted hence why the relaxed attitude.

The Deadline however is the week after the final rounds. The scores will be tallied and no further submissions will be accepted.

Return to “Drunk TFL Slugfest”