week 5 highest score: paris 40 points
week 6A highest score: paris 39 points
week 6B highest score: slate 34 points
week 7A highest score: adrenaline 45 points
week 7B highest score: paris 53 points
week 8A highest score: paris & hipposthumous 42 points
week 8B highest score: funk 45 points

ImageImageImage

statistics & films can be found here: http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournaments/FFA2013

Imagean official • Ϩ₮ØИЄƉ ₮ЯØШ • weekly eventImage

adrenaline

Re: SCORES

Post by adrenaline »

Need more control next time... so much hate play, guest accounts purposefully ruining games, idiots suiciding and people not playing gametype in general. Things got much better when moved to tourney room... definitely start there next time. If people wanna play, they can get on a real fucking account.

Zak

Post by Zak »

BEST RATIOS SO FAR: ZAK

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Henceforth, FFA League will take place in Phelot, the accounts only room.

That said, though there were a couple incidents I think you're being a bit dramatic 8-)

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Not being dramatic at all... pretty sure 2 guest accounts coordinated a double against me and paris over ventrilo on gyre ctf. Also, PG ctf? You shouldn't even allow that shit... not even worth playing if you are mid start. Do I need to mention the intentional drops and suicides? I'm all for good FFA games... but those games last night were far from it, for the most part.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

There was one intentional drop and one intentional suicide out of 14 games. Both players were suspended for 3 games. Future games will be played in the accounts only room.

As for the gyre CTF game, you can find it here: http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournamen ... ames/15927

As you can see, the two guest accounts Kurt Rambis (Honkey) and Greg Ostertag (Asmo) were not the captains of their teams so their ability to coordinate something over vent would have been rather limited. And Honkey only got one kill so...

I really wouldn't stress too hard. You still had highest score, and things statistically work out over the course of the season.

Professional Killer

Post by Professional Killer »

Do this on days I can play so I can get dren a notch down!

zagon

Post by zagon »

do you get 3 points if you are on a team of two and beat a team of 3? I know you lose -1 point if teams have less people

Professional Killer

Post by Professional Killer »

Evry day beside Monday and Wednesday's.

zagon

Post by zagon »

if you are on a team and have two people (and win) and a guy gets third with one person team do you only get +1 point or do you lose -1 pts

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Professional Killer wrote:Evry day beside Monday and Wednesday's.
Those are the only days I can play :(

zagon

Post by zagon »

what are the scores after 2 weeks of play??

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

The scores are cumulative... you scored 42 points last week and have 62 points total.

zagon

Post by zagon »

ohh im sorry man didnt see you updated on the front end of the thread

thanks

par73

Post by par73 »

i had 4 wins in week 2:

and I'm lookin at these rules here:

Milkman wrote:In case of tffa, all members of the winning team receive 2 points for each losing team as long as all teams have an even number of players. If teams are uneven, a point is subtracted for each player less that each opposing teams possesses. Conversely, a point is added for each player more than each opposing team possesses.

http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournamen ... ames/16995

9 pts

http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournamen ... ames/16997

5 pts

http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournamen ... ames/17004

5 pts

http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournamen ... ames/17005

12 pts

= 31 pts

and in week 3 i won 1 game

http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournamen ... ames/17794

for 9 pts

i should have 40 pts :)

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

fixed

Wished PunkUser hadn't flaked out on the autoscoring :(

Feel free to doublecheck your scores guys!

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote: Wished PunkUser hadn't flaked out on the autoscoring :(
Have done some work, but there's some work that needs to be done by the web guy at this point, and he has been out of town. It's still on the TODO list, but I'm trying to make sure I do it in a context that works for other scoring systems (like ranking, etc.) as well so that the work won't be only useful in the FFA League context. Given that those systems are somewhat more complicated than the points-based system here, there's some more work that needs to be considered.

So I apologize for it not being ready for this round, but when it comes it will be able to retroactively score the games that have already been played.

Note as well that nothing prevents you from auto-scoring with a script yourself using queries from the web site. I could provide an API to query the game info in JSON format or something as well if you think you could throw this together faster for your purposes than the general system I'm constructing.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Woa hi PunkUser.
punkUser wrote:Note as well that nothing prevents you from auto-scoring with a script yourself using queries from the web site. I could provide an API to query the game info in JSON format or something as well if you think you could throw this together faster for your purposes than the general system I'm constructing.
Wellll considering I have no idea what JSON format might be and not even entirely sure what "query" means in this context I think that there is something preventing me. I look forward to this overarching system you're working on though!

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote: Wellll considering I have no idea what JSON format might be and not even entirely sure what "query" means in this context I think that there is something preventing me. I look forward to this overarching system you're working on though!
Fair enough, just thought I'd mention as that's something I could throw together fairly quickly if it was useful to people. Will continue work on the more general system in any case... just want to make sure whatever we develop is useful in other tournaments and "scoring" contexts too.

Web guy should be visiting me next weekend (Oct), so I'll take the opportunity to deny him food until he implements stuff ;)

zagon

Post by zagon »

the stats and films appears to be down..

Was going to see how many more games you guys played after I left around 650. Im assuming 7-10 more

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

They're here: http://gateofstorms.net/tournaments/FFA2013
Just the games.gateofstorms.net subdomain is going away and that content is moving to the main domain.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Go Zagon!

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Noob Mutt you gotta cast the Temple of Gor Ash game from this last week's America conference... was epic

zagon

Post by zagon »

only 154?!?! Thought i was around 150 before this weeks games Could have been higher if we didnt have jackasses like ASMO ruining games

par73

Post by par73 »

U gotta go harder man, don't worry about that bitchmade idiot

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

how did Paris pass me? thought the games were tonight? did i miss something? lol

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

ahh i see. so are you allowed to play in both conferences? cause that would be a little odd... no?

par73

Post by par73 »

I have no problem beating and competing against players who participate in either conference.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

well then, guess I'm gonna have to quit my job and take up FFA league full-time.

par73

Post by par73 »

or start working on the weekends!

punkUser

Re: • PARIS, FFA LEAGUE CHAMPION •

Post by punkUser »

Congrats par!

Btw automatic scoring got finished just in time for FFA league to end! :P But it's up now and available for future tournaments (and for archival purposes):
http://gateofstorms.net/tournaments/FFA2013 (sort by score)

Note that the scoring differs slightly from MM's manual scoring, but if you find any inaccuracies in it (you can see the scoring column in each round and game), please let me know (otherwise Milk and I are assuming the errors were in the manual version). The overall rankings don't change much, just some minor differences in the totals.

par73

Post by par73 »

how does your scoring system and milk man's scoring system differ?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote:how does your scoring system and milk man's scoring system differ?
One of them has mistakes :) They are intended to be the same. i.e. all players on the winning team get Sum[2 + (loser_count - winner_count)] points for each loser team in a game (clamped to zero if relevant).

We're assuming Milk's manual calculation has the mistakes, but it's possible that the algorithm has errors (point out if you find a problem!). I've gone over a few cases like checking the points for the leader for the first few weeks and it seems to be Milk's calculation that is slightly off in each case (i.e. by missing a game, miscounting one, etc - unless I'm misunderstanding some corner case of his scoring method) but like I said, if you find issues with the online scores, please let me know so I can fix them!

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Also the first two weeks not everyone always played with accounts.

In either case, even we'd used the auto scoring you'd only be shy 2 points.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yes, good point about the accounts Milk.

And yes, I checked over the overall order of rankings and very few changes occur in the automatic scoring vs your manual one, so I don't think it's really worth the time to go read it all over unless people are bored :) Still, if anyone finds anything let me know.

par73

Post by par73 »

PunkUser; Do you think you could add a Winning % column to statistics, i know you realize how simple the mathematical formula would be to implement!

par73

Post by par73 »

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote:Also the first two weeks not everyone always played with accounts.

In either case, even we'd used the auto scoring you'd only be shy 2 points.

i only won 4/17 (.235) games in the first two weeks :O

adren went 7/30 (.233) playing in all games in the first two weeks

Return to “• ₣₣∆ ⱢЄ∆₲ṲЄ •”