Scheduling (Wed 8:30-10:30 pm EST , Sun 7-10 pm CET)

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Scheduling (Wed 8:30-10:30 pm EST , Sun 7-10 pm CET)

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Yo dudes.

I'm still traveling but will be back in NYC in a week or so. Starting to get things together for this falls FFA League. I was hoping that people who were planning on attending pretty regularly would chime in on what day of the week & time would most likely be best for them, or just drop in and start generating a buzz.

adrenaline

Re: FFA League RSVP and day/time request

Post by adrenaline »

That is a terrible time. People work 9-5 jobs dude... I don't even get home until about 6 pm. And Friday? Do it on a day that people are less likely to have plans... like midweek. If u keep it at that time, you can 100% count me out.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Okkkkayyyy well what day/time would be good for you?

Some people were saying Wednesday evening but I know at least HH works late wednesday.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

monday, tuesday, or wednesday would be best i think... 7 pm start would be optimal

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

adren ~ we don't want any eurotrash!

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

The reason I liked Friday 4-7 is that

a) Euros wouldn't have work the next day so could stay up to play
b) I'd be done early enough that I could still eat dinner and go out for Friday

However its true that the time is difficult for west coast people especially since they wouldn't be off work in time.

Like you I don't want to do weekends though.

What do you think of either Monday or Wednesday 5-8? If you get home at 6 you could still get an hour of play in every week, enough to rack up quite a few points.

Initially I was hoping to alternate between atlantic/pacific optimized times but I feel that would be too complex for your average myther.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

again, a lot of ppl work 9-5 and then commute home... any earlier than 6 pm est and you exclude a ton of N. Americans on the east coast, which is probably more than 50% of the player base... and any earlier than that, and you are also excluding most of the west coasters as well.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Point taken but I can't really do much later than 5-8... west coast is going to get somewhat screwed no matter what since they're 3 hours behind me and on weekdays ill be eating dinner around 9 and probably in bed by midnight.

Maybe 5:30 - 8:30 EST? Thats probably the best I can do... and it pretty much sucks for euros though I'm sure there's some who drink & play for an hour or so around midnight. If you get home at 6 (7 EST) you'd get an hour and a half of play.

Would be nice to hear from some other potential players as well.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I don't think there's any way to avoid weekends if you want to include both Euros and west coast in the same games. Either need separate pools/fallbacks by region (or really cater the tournament to one region) or you pretty much have to use weekends I think.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Yea I realize that which is why I wanted to find some more hosts so we could do a conference system but noone stepped up.

Seriously not going to do weekends though...

I think 5:30 - 8:30 is the best compromise. Yes it disadvantages west coast and europeans a little bit but if last year was any indication a top player can easily rack up enough points in a week by showing up for 30 minutes to an hour.

HH has informed me that Wednesday isn't good for him. EW also told me that Mondays were best for him. Combined with adren not wanting Friday, it starting to look like Mondays 5:30 - 8:30 est will be the appointed time. Its not like this is all set in stone anyway. How does that Mondays sound to everyone?

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Well HH basically can't make any evening cause he works nights :( Maybe I'll do Wednesday afterall.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Or I might just do Thursday 7-9 since all of Europe seems to be afk at the moment.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Right I have class till 8 on thursdays.

The day/time will be WEDNESDAY from 5:30-8:30 EST unless I hear any further objections! If I don't hear any then I'll anounce this plan on Friday. The first day of FFA League would be September 11.

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

almost impossible for euros to play it ... i preferred the way it was last year !

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

It started only 30 minutes earlier last year! Is it really that impossible for you to play from, say, 11:30 pm to 12:30 am? That's prime after-dinner mything time.

Zak

Post by Zak »

watching UFC on wednesday, won't be there

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote:It started only 30 minutes earlier last year! Is it really that impossible for you to play from, say, 11:30 pm to 12:30 am? That's prime after-dinner mything time.
not on weekdays ...

par73

Post by par73 »

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote:Right I have class till 8 on thursdays.

The day/time will be WEDNESDAY from 5:30-8:30 EST unless I hear any further objections! If I don't hear any then I'll anounce this plan on Friday. The first day of FFA League would be September 11.

heh fuck man, i thought it started at 3PM today.

got class 5-6:30 EST today :p

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

me too, you have half a dozen times and no definitive time. Ill be on 3-4pm Wednesday *today, which is the same time I was on last week

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

so is this at the same time this week? 5:30-8:30?

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Re: FFA League schedule (Wed 8:30-10:30 pm, Fri 11 am-1 pm E

Slate & Funky requested a different day & said they might be able to host, so the Barbaria Conference might change day.

SlatE wanted any day Tues-Thurs, Funky wanted Saturday.

Any other input? Hopefully one of them will post here.

Funk

Post by Funk »

well I'm usually very tired at the end of the day during the week but I guess I could try hosting on thursdays if it works better for Slate Would 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm est work for everybody?

par73

Post by par73 »

I might be able to make a game or two if it starts at 2:00 !

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

You'll have to ask slate on the server since he never checks forums, but it looks good to me. If you can get his consent as a backup host/facilitator I'll get punk to give you access as tourney organizers so you can add rounds/games for me to score.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

FFA League: Barbaria Conference will henceforth be managed by Funk & take place on THURSDAYS from 2-4 PM EST.

Let the blood of myth flow 'cross the Eurasian continent.

Funk

Re: FFA League scheduling (Wed 8:30-10:30 pm, Thurs 2-4 pm E

Post by Funk »

The FFA League: Barbaria Conference will now take place on SUNDAYS from 7.00 - 10.00 PM CET (Central European Time) I think that's 1.00 - 4.00 PM EST

Return to “• ₣₣∆ ⱢЄ∆₲ṲЄ •”