MFC Youtube Coverage

Forums for the MFC 2013 1v1 tournament.
NewMutator

MFC Youtube Coverage

Post by NewMutator »

Hey everyone, I'd like to do some coverage of a few high profile MFC matches. Ideally I'd be watching them live, but games are pretty haphazard and I'm not always available to hop online, so I may have to reach a bit into the past to provide some content.

Also, since 1v1 fighting is typically casted by two (or more?) persons, I'd be willing to select one or two dedicated co-casters with whom I can schedule covering these events. Ideally someone I select will have pretty good knowledge of the Myth basics, and an understanding of and willingness to use the proper terminology for analyzing high level play. I was thinking I could get someone not involved in MFC for impartiality, but I want someone with good 1v1 knowledge, so I'm willing to drop that requirement if it means I get a quality volunteer.

Another option is a rotation of novel casters with each match. I'll consider that depending on the type of response I get.

Keep in mind that this is just for fun, there's no pressure to always say the right thing because hardly anyone will watch these videos. However, I'd like it to be as quality as we can make it while still having a good time. So if you're interested please feel free to contact me.

One last thing, if you decide to schedule your matches ahead of time and you'd be interested in having them covered live, let us know so we can arrange for that (the casts themselves will have to be uploaded and so won't be live, however). Note that it's unlikely I will be able to provide coverage for all scheduled matches.

Have fun out there, and good luck!

adrenaline

Re: MFC Youtube Coverage

Post by adrenaline »

sounds like a pretty decent idea. i'd hold off on it until after the QR, though. I'd be willing to step in and provide some commentary if I can find my damn microphone... may just buy a new one.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah sounds good but I imagine it'll be better to do in the ER where the games are likely to be pretty even overall, and more predictably scheduled.
adrenaline wrote:may just buy a new one.
Just do it :)

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Yeah, we're probably looking at post-QR, I'm just unsure if those games are likely to be scheduled or not since I'm not really involved in organizing this thing.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

You could always ask 2 players to schedule a match that you are interested in casting.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I was thinking of polling participants to see which matches there's interest in covering, too.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I'd almost prefer casting some lesser skilled matches... it would make for much more interesting commentary I think :D

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

For sure, I'd like to get a good range of skill-levels if possible.

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

Whatever you do don't post any of the ones I played vs Zak the other day you watched Newmu :P Worst showing from myself ever :P

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I think we're looking at post-QR, Vant, so you're safe... for now. ;)

Return to “Myth Fighting Championship 2013”