Updated Current QR Rankings

Forums for the MFC 2013 1v1 tournament.
Giant Killer General

Updated Current QR Rankings

Post by Giant Killer General »

I will try to keep the rankings updated more frequently here, without match records and such. That way you will know who picks first, etc.

1. Giant Killer General
2. Adrenaline
3. Tirri
4. Paris
5. Gekko
6. East Wind
7. Ghengis
8. Samuel
9. Slate
10. Professional Killer
11. Asmodian
12. Ratking
13. Cruniac
14. Rawr
15. Headhunter
16. Flatline
17. Zak
18. Captain
19. Gamer
20. Killerking
21. SamTheButcher
22. Punkuser
23. Pallidice
24. Funk
25. Sin
26. Vantobia
27. Renwood
28. Zagon
29. Spooky
30. Arsenal
31. Kirk
32. Mike
33. Drunken
34. Pablo Escobar

par73

Re: Updated Current QR Rankings

Post by par73 »

I thought u said zagon was removed from the tournament.

Giant Killer General

he was removed from the tournament (per his own request). then he asked to rejoin and I allowed him to through the good graces of my gracious heart.

par73

Post by par73 »

Wow you're such a nice guy GKG, people have so many misconceptions about you

pallidice

Post by pallidice »

First off gkg im not complaining. I was just wondering how the scoring system was done did u just rank players based on what you thought or how many matches they have won in the 1 v 1 tourny or what?

Giant Killer General

I covered this in other threads.
Giant Killer General wrote: The ONLY way to GUARANTEE a higher ranking than a particular player, is to A) Have a winning match record against that particular player, and B) do not have a losing match record against anyone that that particular player has a winning match record against.
If there is a 3 way tie, which we have some now I think, then I look at 2 other things- A) Your game record (games, not matches) against the player you are tied against, and B) comparison of match / game records against the same player that the 3 tied players played against. I don't have a magic formula for this one, it is going to be my judgement. Ultimately if I see any 3 way ties I will ask the players to try to break them, because otherwise it is basically being left up to my judgement. Which my judgement is good, but it should be more clear who won, not so close. Try not to leave it up to me, that way I don't have to defend my decision. When there is no 3-way ties no one can bitch, it is clear as day what the rankings should be. I like clear winners.

So for example, now asmo has beaten paris, i think he is 3-0 in matches against him. yet paris has beaten a few players asmo has lost against. 1 of 2 things need to happen to break this 3-way tie, A) paris needs to beat asmo enough times (at least 4 now) to have a winning match record against asmo, i.e. have at least a 4-3 match record against asmo. Or B) Asmo needs to get a winning match record against all of those players he lost to previously, which paris has beaten. There is also an unlikely C) scenario, but that involves paris to start losing against those players he previously beaten, which is unlikely. B is more likely to happen I think, it is easier for it to happen anyway. Unfortunately this is one of those really deep 3-way ties, Asmo has a lot of players he needs to start beating, and Paris has dug himself a pretty deep 0-3 hole against asmo.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

So are we technically tied right now? Both undefeated... only blight on my record is 2 long matches, but also you have not played Ghengis. You have more victories but the bulk of them are not top division players. I guess we have to play sometime soon!

Giant Killer General

well get online now and we can play.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I work 9-5 heh... I MAY be able to get on around 6 today but it's unlikely. Can probably play Sunday after our QR match.

par73

Post by par73 »

too bad we're not doing DE seeding anymore...

Giant Killer General

Everyone please note, that another big factor I will be using now to address 3 way ties and such now, is giving more weight towards the more recent matches. This helps a lot actually to get around the situation now with all the different outcomes from a lot of paris' matches.

This prevents people from sitting on an artificial / temporary high rank, giving advantage to those that play more.

Also, you cannot be raised in rank indirectly through other's victories. By indirectly I mean, because you beat that player, and now that player is beating everyone else, you don't get rank from that. You have to play your own matches directly.

The point of this is that you have to play matches to solidify your ranking. The rank earned from any outlying victories you have (a win over a single player much higher ranked than you) is going to get washed out by all of your other match results unless you can beat others equally as high ranked to solidify it.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

so why would you put kirk at rank #2? ya he beat me... i had a shitty few games... but he's played only 2 matches, and lost to paris.

Giant Killer General

ok so read the post i just made. most recent match is going to get priority in most cases to break ties.

everyone is forgetting that these rankings are temporary, why the fuck is anyone complaining about these.

don't like them? go play a high level match. you have over a week left, christ.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

It really only matters to the resolution of divisions anyways, right? I mean, it's a round robin in the next round, so it doesn't really matter if you're first or last in your division, just which you're in.

Giant Killer General

yes punk, that is true as well.

I was basically doing everyone a favor by putting up updated rankings just so ppl knew who should pick first, etc.

didn't think it would just create a lot of bitching over it.

like i said before, don't have any 3-way ties, or else you leave it up to me to decide. its all on you, not me.

Giant Killer General

I just did a major update to the rankings. I recommend everyone starts playing people next to them in rank before the end of the week.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Giant Killer General wrote: 16. Captain
17. Kirk

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

p.s. you are missing Arsenal on your list

Giant Killer General

ah I must have accidentally deleted him yesterday, good lookin out, thanks.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Lol nice adren :D

Return to “Myth Fighting Championship 2013”