1vs1 vs teamgames

Forums for the MFC 2013 1v1 tournament.
killerking

1vs1 vs teamgames

Post by killerking »

I noticed that I'm not used to 1vs1 because I usually try to win games by playing the gametype. This is very well manageable in big 2t or ffa games, but not in 1vs1.
Could anyone share his tips on 1vs1 specifically?

Also, I noticed that my hands got shaky and stuff during the 1vs1's with gamer, anyone got tips on getting rid of that?

Edit: just watched some replay's:
While watching the replay of gimble (me vs gamer) I noticed he got his units on the hill faster then I did, are the starting points unbalanced (not the same distance from flag)?
Also, is it better to get 2 dwarfs or 1 dwarf and more melee? I always get 2 because that's standard in CTF gimble ffa, but it seems like most people get only 1 dwarf when playing 1 on 1.

Finally, a question about clash lmoth: should you wait with moving your mauls until all units have passed them or not?
Also, what's the best thing to do with the trow? Kick zerks or try to charge mortars? Or something completely different?

adrenaline

Re: 1vs1 vs teamgames

Post by adrenaline »

1. get to the hill as fast as possible unless u prefer fighting uphill
2. if your hands get shaky, you are nervous. just play it as you would any other game and forget it is 1v1... it's not like it's a duel to the death or anything...
3. 2 dorfs is not standard on gimble ctf... it is optional. Just remember than dorfs are usually the primary puss target... if you get 2, be sure to counterpuss well (i.e. puss their ghols and kill with bows).
4. Yes, let you other units pass before moving mauls. Don't bother sending trow at morts unless you have a very good opportunity... your trow should focus on their trow + mellee... kill their morts with your morts.

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

KK, looking to play a few 1v1 with you again. We had some good (but ugly) games the other day, was good. Hope to catch you online.

killerking

Post by killerking »

Vantobia, I don't remember playing you.
Are you sure it was me?

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

Haha yeah man. We played about 2 or 3 a few days ago. Then drunk came in for the last PG game - remember you said "These are the worst games of my life" ? :P

killerking

Post by killerking »

Yeah I remember that, but which screenname were you using?
Can't find the replay of the pg game, think it didn't save it because it was so bad ;)

par73

Post by par73 »

killerking wrote: Also, is it better to get 2 dwarfs or 1 dwarf and more melee? I always get 2 because that's standard in CTF gimble ffa, but it seems like most people get only 1 dwarf when playing 1 on 1.
I would reccomend to any beginner 1v1 player as well as any player who is just starting to always get 2 duffs on gimble, no exceptions. When you aren't as good and can't counter very well yet, it's almost imperative to get 2 dwarves in case one dies (whereas you get one dwarf and that one dwarf dies, and you're fucked). this allows you to be more of a defensive threat (especially to a rush) and gives you the flexibility of not completely losing the map if your one dwarf dies!

Return to “Myth Fighting Championship 2013”