Post QR poll

Forums for the MFC 2013 1v1 tournament.

Would you prefer an elimination setup after QR or a Division system?

Total votes: 0

Dantski

Post QR poll

Post by Dantski »

GKG went with a division format after QR, do you think it was the right decision?

Giant Killer General

Re: Post QR poll

Post by Giant Killer General »

just out of curiosity Dantski, why do you care about this?

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Few reasons

1. I'd be more interested in SE/DE tournament, both from the side of participating + spectating.

2. Its my opinion that the current format just kills off interest, that's not a good thing.

3. I care! I was actually thinking about running a 1v1 tourney in MWC time too but you beat me to the punch and it made zero sense to have 2 of them.

Giant Killer General

Again, there is still possibility that I will organize a follow-up SE portion after these divisional rounds, it will be short and sweet.

really no down side of doing this. this poll will change nothing just so everyone knows.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Division is fine, but I think there are just too many games. If we're doing round robin, 1 match/pair seems sufficient to me. Following that if the top division wants to do a quick SE or something, all good.

Giant Killer General

everything has its advantages and disadvantages. pretty sure I will do a DE round afterward, it will a final phase to the tournament. I have mentioned it many times before so not sure why people keep thinking there isn't DE or something. We just haven't gotten there yet.

anyone would be able join it, but it is a quasi-invitational, meaning depending on the number / quality of registrants, I may not take everyone. rankings will carry over, and there will be some sudden death-type advantage to the higher ranked players.

best of all worlds really then. end of discussion.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Dantski wrote: 2. Its my opinion that the current format just kills off interest, that's not a good thing.

Giant Killer General

Personally I have just lost interest in myth in general lately. I think some people are feeling the same and are confusing that with this tournament format or something.

Return to “Myth Fighting Championship 2013”