Can you out predict Asmo?

General MWC related discussion stuff.
Asmodian

Can you out predict Asmo?

Post by Asmodian »

I would not call these prediction, I would like to call them TRUTH because when AsmoTrowBeltDian post his predictions there is a 95% confidence rating.

I will be updating this thread weekly throughout the QR's with my over-all score on my predictions (wins-tie-losses) and be comparing them against other peoples prediction that are willing to challenge me in the this thread.

Challenge me at your own risk as you will prove yourself inferior in Mythology.

1 point for every "game result" that is correct NOT "match"

Asmo's overall score

19 pts, 20 pts

Top 3 prediction scores week 1
1. Dantski 18 pts
2. Adrenaline 18 pts
3. PK 18 pts

Top 3 prediction scores week 2
1. Dantski 22 pts
2. Ghengis 21 pts
2. Adren 21 pts

QR 1 predictions

Agents vs TMNS - By far the hardest prediction from QR1, I'm not sure how many are going to show for NC as it seems they are having difficult getting a headcount so I'll take the Agents in a close match.

Agents wins 3-2

TMNT vs ZOMG - ZOMG does not have enough quality players on their team to beat the true contenders.

TMNT wins 5-0

Tcox vs Devi Rej - This could be an interesting matchup as DR has some really active members as opposed to Tcox who is pretty much MIA other than the PooPers. Although DR might be the safe pick I'm going to take Tcox as I like the activity on their forums and think they will show up.

Tcox wins 4-1

WTC vs Deer - WTC seems like they are in shambles before this tournament has even started because they have no leadership on this team. WTC should win this match in a sweep but they won't due to their lack of organization and roster depth. WTC is on upset alert!

Deer ties WTC 2-1-2

ULMS vs The Blades - It seems that The Blades might actually be a legit team after all. Unfortunally for The Blades it seems like this may be their first MWC and do not have enough players on their roster to show with good numbers. The Blades shows with three players and ULMS just out powers them due to shear #'s

ULMS wins 5-0

drunken_deer

Re: Can you out predict Asmo?

Post by drunken_deer »

Best of luck asmo!

Agents beat TMNS 4,1

TMNT beat ZOMG 5,0

Devil Reject beat Tcox 3,1,1

Deer beat WTC 5,0

ULMS beat blades 5,0

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Agents vs TMNS 2-3
TMNT vs ZOMG Forfeit win for TMNT
Tcox vs DR 2-3
WTC vs Deer 1-4
ULMS vs Blade Forfeit win for ULMS

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Agents 4 - TMNS 1 - This will probably be a 7v4... still, we'll manage a victory lol.

TMNT 4 - ZOMG 1 - I predict 7v5... ZOMG sneaks a win.

DR 3 - TCox 2 - DR has a man advantage and plays 5v3, yet TCox still makes it a close match.

WTC 4 - Deer 1 - issues or not, WTC has some active players and deer just plain suck.

ULMS 5 - Blades 0 - forfeit win for ULMS.

Captain

Post by Captain »

adrenaline wrote:Agents 4 - TMNS 1 - This will probably be a 7v4... still, we'll manage a victory lol.

Adren do you know which team you are on?

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Yes. I predict that only me, you, zak and shai show up. I hope I'm wrong!

Captain

Post by Captain »

Ah!

I may not be able to show up, I am graduating on Sunday....I can probably make the later times though

Professional Killer

Post by Professional Killer »

Here is exactly what will happend:

Agents - TMNS 4-1

TMNT - ZOMG 4-1

Devil - Tcox 2-3

Deer - WTC 2-3

ULMS - blades 2-3

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

QR 2 Predictions

Agents vs TMNT - Agents showed with there best roster last weekend vs TMNS; however, I was surprised that in their loses they got slaughtered. I was really expecting Agents to excel in the QR being that they have been pretty active.

TMNT over Agents 4-1

TMNS vs Tcox - TMNS clearly showed that their care is through the roof by showing with everyone on their roster last week and took care of business vs Agents in a close match. Tcox squeaked out a win vs a undermanned dr team that they should have swept, it was rather unimpressive.

TMNS over Tcox 5-0

Zomg vs Ulms - Zomg showed that they have a chance of being an underdog this year and showed with a full roster. An outside shot of making the bottom bracket finals might be a goal for this team now. Ulms took care of a lesser opponent last week and will have a tough time against Zomg.

Zomg over Ulms 5-0

WTC vs DR - Both of these teams were very disappointing in their showing last week by only showing with 2-3 players. Ill give the benefit of the doubt to DR since they seem a little bit more organized.

DR over WTC 3-2

The Blades vs Deer - The blades looked decent last week for being completely new at this game and Deer showed with a lot less than what one would expect. This might be a recipe for The Blades to steal a game

Deer over The Blades 4-1

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

QR2:

I expect Agents to have a high care factor vs TMNT, but ultimately I don't think it will be enough.
TMNT over Agents 3-2

TMNS's roster is just too strong for me to vote against, especially once they start to gel a bit more.
TMNS over Tcox over 4-1

ZOMG had an impressive showing in QR1. Even if they play significantly worse I think they're in a different league than ULMS.
ZOMG over ULMS 5-0

Don't have a strong feeling on this match, but gut says WTC will get more organized this week.
WTC over DR 3-2

Unless The Blades picks up more players soon, they're just going to have too few to make any sort of real showing I think.
Deer over The Blades 5-0

par73

Post by par73 »

dantski got the first game right then failed miserably on the rest!

still he is on the leaderboard

with +1 in predictions

Player - Predictions Correct - Total Predictions
Dantski - 1 - 5
Asmo - 0 - 5
Drunk - 0 - 5
Adren - 0 - 5

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Somehow our team showed up in numbers... didn't see that one coming!

par73

Post by par73 »

voting for the home team
3-2 Agents

I think TMNS will have a smaller turn out this week. I think tcox can and will beat them if zer and cave are present.
TMNS over Tcox over 4-1

beating the alleged #1 team in the tournament does make for strange bedfellows
ZOMG over ULMS 5-0

WTC needs to rematch their game against DEER, and showing up with 2 players doesn't bode well for them.
DR over WTC 4-1

I predict the blades adds one or two new characters that help them get a win here
4-1 Deer over Blades

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Agents 2-3 TMNT

3-2 or 4-1 win if GKG caps, otherwise a 3-2 or 4-1 win for Agents if Asmo caps.

TMNS 5-0 TCox

Tcox still wins teamchat

Zomg 4-1 ulms

Predicting a fire in the Olverd residence.

WTC 2-3 DR

If most of WTC actually show up they should win, I don't think they will though!

Deer 4-1 Blades

Deer should 5-0 them but I predict they throw one game.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

par73 wrote:dantski got the first game right then failed miserably on the rest!

still he is on the leaderboard

with +1 in predictions

Player - Predictions Correct - Total Predictions
Dantski - 1 - 5
Asmo - 0 - 5
Drunk - 0 - 5
Adren - 0 - 5
It isn't about matches chosen correctly, it is about how many games you choose correct in the QR because that is how the seeding will be done for the DE rounds.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

obviously getting a match outcome correct should count for at least something, even if you are counting games.

anyway, I think we all see now how not-stacked my team is. If we were that stacked then we should definitely been able to win against ZOMG. we should never have been considered #1 in anyone's minds, but that just goes to show the hype for you.

my guess for final rankings is something like this:

1) TMNS - they have a shitload of stacked talent, and they will get into the swing of things by the later DE rounds when it counts. they always do.
2) TMNT - we have a strong top 3 in our roster, but a weaker bottom 3 than the other top teams. We will compensate by being more prepared. In the end we will put up a good fight, but still fall short. It will be the first good / close mwc finals match, maybe the closest ever, which was ultimately my goal in forming my team all along. mission accomplished.
3) Agents - They have the deepest roster in the tournament, very much a BC oriented team. However their teamwork will never pan out and they will end up right where more people expected them to. Kind of like a raziel team.
4) Tcox - pretty good roster, and it seems they are showing up. Gamer is a semi-capable captain.
5) ZOMG - yea they won their first match against us, but I don't see them really being able to capitalize on anything else in this tournament. In the games they won against us, it was because of our own stupid mistakes that basically just won't happen in the later DE rounds when any of the other top teams would be more prepared. We gave it to them more than anything. In the games that they lost, they lost really badly. Their best chance at an upset is to beat Tcox, which I admit could be a close match.
6) Devil's rejects - they also have potential to upset ZOMG or Tcox. I would hvae ranked them ahead of ZOMG if they were more active and prepared, since they have the talent.
7) WTC - meh
8-10) who cares

1-3 are the top division, 4-6 are the second division. upsets are very possible within those divisons, but i don't see anything happening outside of anyone's division.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I don't give a shit about power ranking but give credit where it is due. Your team got outplayed and made a bunch of stupid decisions that we were smart enough to capitalize on. For instance chasing my 11% of my army with 30% and failing on captures, or your vast indecision and inability to deal with pressure on the ctf canyon game. Qr matches mean nothing but I saw your little laundry list of excuses each game and they were comical. You were beat plain and simple and your team is the second most staked in the tournament. Not to mention we were missing our captain and second best player and our heavy hitter was forced to captain. I don't think anyone on our team really has the highest expectations for Mwc but show a little class you got beat plain and simple, asmo may have capped 2 games but or captan was there for Zero.

Giant Killer General

uhm, im not disrespecting your team, just giving my honest opinion.

sorry you are so butthurt about it bro.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Not butt Hurt just seeing a bit of denial. Your roster is more talented but that is pretty much a cop out and disrespectful. We won 2 close games, housed you in 1 and you beat us by a solid margin in 2 games. Neither team dominated the match but our wins weren't flukes like your post suggests.

Giant Killer General

i never said they were flukes, I just said that this would never happen in a prepared match later on in the tournament when it actually counts, which explains my lower ranking for your team. QR matches don't matter, i thought that was pretty much obvious.

what is there to deny about in our match? I handed asmo the keys and told him to take care of the match for me. it didn't work out, oh well. you would have never won had i capped the first 2 games as well. just sayin.

is there anyway for me to disagree without having someone call me as being in denial? probably not. so whatever.

noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

TMNT over Agents 3-2

TMNS over Tcox over 5-0

ZOMG over ULMS 5-0

DR over WTC 3-2

Deer over The Blades 4-1

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

TMNT over agents 4-1

Zomg over Ulms 5-0

Wtc tie Dr 2-2-1

Cox over NC 3-2 (4 v 4 match)

Deer over blades 5-0

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Agents over TMNT 3-2 (Upset of the week)

Zomg over Ulms 5-0

WTC over DR 3-2

TMNS over TCox 4-1

Deer over blades 5-0

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Honkey wrote:TMNT over agents 4-1

Zomg over Ulms 5-0

Wtc tie Dr 2-2-1

Cox over NC 3-2 (4 v 4 match)

Deer over blades 5-0

Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Asmodian wrote:QR 2 Predictions

Agents vs TMNT - Agents showed with there best roster last weekend vs TMNS; however, I was surprised that in their loses they got slaughtered. I was really expecting Agents to excel in the QR being that they have been pretty active.

TMNT over Agents 4-1

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

So with results...
punkUser wrote: TMNT over Agents 3-2; actual: Agents over TMNT 3-2
TMNS over Tcox over 4-1; actual: TMNS over Tcox 5-0
ZOMG over ULMS 5-0; actual: ZOMG over ULMS 4-1
WTC over DR 3-2; actual: WTC over DR 4-1
Deer over The Blades 5-0; actual: Deer over Blades 4-1
So not bad, I was within 1 game on each one.. called TMNT/Agents wrong (like most people) and mostly just didn't guess the right matches for someone taking a game off of someone else.

Anyone get closer? Danski looks like he called some of the match scores entirely correctly, except TMNT/Agents and WTC/DR.

Giant Killer General

Agents played a very strong match today. Not only outplaying us, but they also out-traded me on 3 of the games out of 5. They seemed to have prepared even more than my team, doing a well executed tag-the-balls-first and camp strategy in game 3 (though they still goofed it). They have the most BC power of any team imo. What I thought would be their one weakness - lack of preparation, strategy, and capping, has apparently not turned out to be true at all. They care a lot, which is a good thing.

Also I watched some of TNMS vs tcox, and tcox clearly does not give 2 fucks about this tourney, I wonder why some of them even bother to show up.

With that in mind, I am now predicting this for the rankings:

1) Agents
2) TMNT (I think we can beat TMNS, let's see next week)
3) TMNS
4) ZOMG
5) DR
6) Tcox
7) WTC
8-10) who cares

limp

Post by limp »

the only way to strategize is 15 minutes before the match and making the guy who hasn't played a game of myth in a month captain.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I updated the score on the first week. Dantski, Ghengis, and Adren had the best predictions this week. Overall Dantski has 40 pts, Adren 39, Asmo 39.

QR 3 Predictions

Agents vs WTC - Agents are playing well and are very active. If they keep playing how they are then a finals appearance is probable.

Agents over WTC 5-0

TMNT vs TMNS - TMNS are the favorites to win the tournament right now after winning a close match vs Agents and stomping tcox.

TMNT over TMNS 3-2

Tcox vs Zomg - Tcox has been rather disappointing so far in terms of effort and play. It is rather unfortunate because this team could be a dark horse. Zomg has been a surprise team and a top 4 finish is probable for them right now.

Zomg over Tcox 3-2

Deer vs ULMS - I honestly have no idea who is going to win this match, I think it is a coin flip; however, I will give the benefit of the doubt to Deer on this one having won both of their matches.

Deer over ULMS 3-2

DR vs The Blades - I was really expecting DR to do better this tournament. They really have some strong players on their roster, but their attendance has been disappointing. Hopefully they can turn it around this week.

DR over The Blades 4-1

Giant Killer General

I must say, we got all of the good matches in the QR, which has me pleased.

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Agents 4-1 WTC WTC strikes me as a group of players that play their best against better players and I think they are capable of taking a game.

TMNT 2-3 TMNS TMNT have lost 3-2 twice already, I'm going for a hattrick and an Armageddon-esque 0-3 QR record.

Tcox 2-3 ZOMG If CW actually plays a few games during the week they could definitely win. Otherwise ZOMG will probably blunder enough to throw 1-2 games.

Deer 2-2-1(that's 1 tie) ULMS Given ULMS's extremely defensive play last week, I'm predicting a tied CTF game or a tied stampede game. The maps don't have as many big hills to camp on this time though so I think they'll be evenly matched providing Deer has good attendance.

Giant Killer General

dantski ~still haven't lost faith in TMNT

I actually think it will be ZOMG over Tcox, 3-2 maybe, or 4-1.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Agents 5-0 over wtc. Wtc has zero organization or chemistry.

Tmns over tmnt- 4-1. Half
Of tmnt roster has never played under pressure an it is showing as gkg p

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Clearly Honkey has no idea what he is talking about, as usual. Coming from a guy who has never to my knowledge accepted a 1v1 challenge - this is pure gold.

dac

Post by dac »

TMNS-TMNT 5-0

who cares about the other matches

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

ya so my phone cut my post off. and Rat some advice:

This isnt a fucking 1 v 1 tournament. Why dont you focus on actually winning a tournament match instead of focusing on my just for fun predictions that your teammate Asmodian started. Side note- not one member of ZOMG made one fucking comment despite asmos prediction being completely wrong. But you lost.... and it didn't even go 5 games....... :( was over after 4 :(.

. Why dont you also remember that my team has eliminated yours in the last 4 or 5 mwcs, you have never made it as far as me in a TEAM tournament, and 1 v 1 is a fucking shit show speed click fest where 2 armies mass and have a speed clicking bc competition. So to MY KNOWLEDGE.... you have never made it even a semi finals mwc match, your team is 0-2, and until you put it together for an entire match I would just stfu and focus on letting your play do the talking. Why didnt you use some of those impressive 1 v 1 skills to beat zomg or agents? Too busy in closed door post match team meetings to practice your team skills?

Fact is... games are a lot easier when you have nothing to lose. Being a #1 seed, with the best captain has all but proved that players such as yourself can't handle the pressure of having a competitive cap and being on a competitive roster. It looks so easy doesn't it?

dac

Post by dac »

honkey, this really feels like you are desperately (yes, desperately) trying to justify what happened to you on bullz and the way you acted when that team was formed.

wwo

Post by wwo »

dac wrote:honkey, this really feels like you are desperately (yes, desperately) trying to justify what happened to you on bullz and the way you acted when that team was formed.
Tell me more.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

with the best captain has all but proved that players such as yourself can't handle the pressure of having a competitive cap and being on a competitive roster
Are you referring to yourself? Because I recall you getting 20 wolves wighted on stampede, rage quitting mid tourney , and then somehow claiming that you helped the bulls win mwc...

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796bHaAtlkE[/youtube]

All I have to say about you stupid cunts who cant even enjoy predictions for what they are.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Actual lulz..

Yeah and for the record my teams won two tournies last year Honkey. Once you yourself actually do something worthy of mention let me know.

Step in the ring with me honkey. I'll make you bow so hard that your knees touch your forehead.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Hmm..... All i gotta say about bullz (and I think rat can relate) is that was in the height of a summer where i was consuming booze and cocaine every single day and wouldn't sleep for days on end. Not exactly prime Mything condition. I realize mormons focus on fucking 8 ugly inbred wives... but you may understand asmo that substance abuse can have a massive effect on you. I didn't "rage" quit.... I psychotically quit myth among many other things in my life that I fucked up. But lets keep going:

What about TBC.. or the team before tbc... or the team that came before that. Also... Crem deserves credit in the wighting fiasco. Then again GKG got triple land wighted... so why dont we go there too.

and dac.... no. All I said was there were a bunch of players on that squad that never had to play in any pressure games and it is showing in losing close games. You do not fall in to that category dac because you dont give a fuck.

Dont spin this in to me starting an argument. If there should be any uproar it should be about asmo talking down to other teams when his team has gotten beaten both weeks. Once again... Qr doesnt mean shit. Once again... more mwc finals, more semi finals, more meaningful tournament placings for me than Ratking, Asmo, Dac combined. that nmy friends is a FACT. Notice how I didnt even cite my General manager of the year ring... because I still have more credentials and tournament success to stand on excluding it.

And despite GKGS success as a player an captain. I am pretty sure you guys are finding out how fun it is to play with him, as paris said "the only fun is in the win" and you have yet to win. How did your little team meeting go afterward? I know the lobby was quite entertaining to say the least. Lotsa tildes.

And if we really wanna go the 1 v 1 route.... Myrk has been dodging my 1 v 1 challenge for 3 years.

So to once again sum it up"

Honkey more tournament success than Asmo + Ratking combined

Honkeys team 2-0 Ratking and Asmos team 0-2

Honkey 2 mwc finals, 3 semi finals, one asteriks ring, High placing finishes in tournaments that consisted of 100+ yeams. . Ratking and asmo 0 finals, 0 semi finals, 0 asterik rings. 0 meaningful matches.

Honkey created bulls arguably best myth team ever assembled.... ratking and asmo created r3 and forgettable rabble teams that lost a game before semis to legitimate teams.

Ps: Asmo and Dac are probably still chasing my 11% with their 30% and not catching me on that captures game. Gj, made it a pretty easy win for us. I was laughing at you as you cost your team a game. ZERO awareness.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Ratking- 4 team tournaments with forfeit finals... and draft tournaments where GKGS care alone won it are legit.

par73

Post by par73 »

Dantski wrote: TMNT 2-3 TMNS TMNT have lost 3-2 twice already, I'm going for a hattrick and an Armageddon-esque 0-3 QR record.
Armageddon went 1-1-1

par73

Post by par73 »

my predictions:

agents 5-0 vs wtc
while we most likely won't give a shit the safest bet is to bet that we will sweep WTC next weekend. actually the safer one is that we will lose a game due to lulz but honestly i am going 5-0 in full confidence and support of my favorite team

tmnt 3 tmns 2
i'm not trying to degrade tmns here, but I feel like tmnt isn't going to let two match losses in a row get to them. they need to start building momentum and this is their chance. i think subtle mistakes here by tmns will swing the match into tmnt's favor

tcox 1 zomg 4
i love tcox but my senses are telling me that zomg is really enjoying their tournament run and having seen homer bitch about how there are no 2team games on ever I can tell that he will be on his game when he actually does play 2team. cox ain't been hot yet so i'ma give it to zomg. Zomg Cox, lahl

Deer 4 ULMS 1
going with my intuition on how deer has been playing as a team, hell they might even sweep ulms

devils rejects 4 the blades 0 (1 tie game)
the blades haven't been swept yet so i'm gunna predict a tie on some map here.

par73

Post by par73 »

dac wrote:honkey, this really feels like you are desperately (yes, desperately) trying to justify what happened to you on bullz and the way you acted when that team was formed.
uhh honkey justified 'what happened to him on bullz' by doing what he did, that was all his choice and his decision. what happened to 'honkey on bulls' is what happened to honkey by nicholas, etc.

i forget how honkey acted when that team was formed except he was jumping for joy that he could get me ghengis gkg and krok all on a team. krok was actually a later addition.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

this thread is now complete that crem swooped in and ms painted it

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Honkey wrote:And if we really wanna go the 1 v 1 route.... Myrk has been dodging my 1 v 1 challenge for 3 years.
My refusal to waste my time 1v1ing a total scrub such as yourself doesn't have any bearing on your inability to beat ratking in 1v1. Perhaps you should make a thread claiming to have beaten him 1v1 despite never actually playing him, wouldn't be the first time for you

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”