GoS + Marius

General MWC related discussion stuff.
Pogue

Re: GoS + Marius

Post by Pogue »

dac wrote:pogue ~ rubbish, aboot, eh, favour.

all those non americal sellout terms are still way better than anything boston, congrats on the upgrade!
Fuck myth.

grim

Post by grim »

Basically what Honkey said.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

noblesteed wrote:This is one of the only serious posts I will make regarding the myth community.

I'm honestly fucking disgusted that punkuser and newmutator have turned this into some sort of "conservative vs liberal" argument. Honestly, what the fuck are you two talking about? Nobody cares about new features/improving multiplayer. I want a multiplayer to exist. I want cw, rk, and khan to come back and play so I can get some decent 2team games in before this game dies altogether. LOOK AT IT FROM A PLAYERS PERSPECTIVE. You are inactive 10 months out of the year. You come back 0 games and 10 players on marius. You log in the next day same thing. You log off forever. Period. End of discussion. THERES NO WAY for them to know of GOS. My idiot brother is example of this. That player is gone forever. We have ABSOLUTELY ALREADY lost at least 6-8 regular MWC players this way. So they are gone forever. Thank god your server records films. So thanks for helping to kill myth faster.
Well if you're that disgusted then you can consider my invitation for an interview rescinded. Seriously though I don't think it would have been that interesting anyway.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

noblesteed wrote:THERES NO WAY for them to know of GOS.
You aren't very inventive are you. Milk has already demonstrated several methods (idle in the lobby with a name, host a closed game with the other server URL, etc) that have worked just fine for FFA club. Why don't you do something similar, or bug PPE to put a blue bar. If you really care, just hang out on Mnet and point people over, but alas I imagine you just want to bitch, not actually solve anything, AS USUAL.

And again, play where you like dude. You're rage is misdirected. You have to convince the community to go play somewhere, not me. I was just on Marius earlier today.

This is the last time I'm going to repeat the obvious. Just because you want to have a cry-fest over the fact that you can't convince other people doesn't make it my problem. As I said, I'm happy to play wherever.

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Is it possible to make GoS the default server? If so how soon can it be done?

tirri

Post by tirri »

noblesteed wrote:This is one of the only serious posts I will make regarding the myth community.

I'm honestly fucking disgusted that punkuser and newmutator have turned this into some sort of "conservative vs liberal" argument. Honestly, what the fuck are you two talking about? Nobody cares about new features/improving multiplayer. I want a multiplayer to exist. I want cw, rk, and khan to come back and play so I can get some decent 2team games in before this game dies altogether. LOOK AT IT FROM A PLAYERS PERSPECTIVE. You are inactive 10 months out of the year. You come back 0 games and 10 players on marius. You log in the next day same thing. You log off forever. Period. End of discussion. THERES NO WAY for them to know of GOS. My idiot brother is example of this. That player is gone forever. We have ABSOLUTELY ALREADY lost at least 6-8 regular MWC players this way. So they are gone forever. Thank god your server records films. So thanks for helping to kill myth faster.
funny story. i think it was yesterday when i wanted to play some myth, maybe the day before. i logged on to gos, there were 8 players and no games. i logged on to marius, there were 7 players and no games. i started doing other things and at random intervals kept switching servers to see if any good games were being hosted or if anyone i wanted to chat with happened to come online.

did i enjoy the experience? not really. would most of my fairly inactive myth buddies try to do some server hopping like i did? i doubt it. people repeating over and over something along the lines of "both servers are up, freedom of choice for the people, no harm done" are completely missing the biggest problem

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

GENIUS TEMPORARY BAND-AID SOLUTION:

1. INSTALL MYTH ON 2 SEPARATE PARTITIONS
2. LOG INTO TO BOTH SERVERS AT SAME TIME
3. PLAY REGULAR RABBLE GAMES AND STUFF ON M.NET , PLAY 1v1 TOURNEY GAMES ON GateOfStorms

Even if you are playing games on GoS... at least this will keep mariusnet appearing populated to the comers and goers...

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

tirri wrote: would most of my fairly inactive myth buddies try to do some server hopping like i did? i doubt it. people repeating over and over something along the lines of "both servers are up, freedom of choice for the people, no harm done" are completely missing the biggest problem
This. People need to put their egos aside and come up with a solution. IMO the best option is using mariusnet (other than for mwc matches if people are interested in stats) for this mwc season. After mwc is over make a switch to GoS as the new permeant home (where hopefully there will be many features by then). This will allow the word to get out to those inactive players that might show up during this mwc season that there is a new server that will be the new place for myth 2 in the near future.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

Cutard wrote:PPE has done more for Myth than you ever have or will, and its absolutely hilarious to watch you calling someone else stubborn.
and yet you didn't try to refute my point. in any case, comparisons of past contributions to the community here are irrelevant. what is relevant here is comparisons of opportunities, and motivations, particularly right here and now in the present. PPE has had many many opportunities over the years to very easily and simply help the community, yet he has never lifted his finger once for it. something that most of the rest of us would have jumped at given the same opportunities. he happened to have the talent and resources already to throw the metaserver on his box, that is the extent of his contributions. if any of us happened to have the talent and resources we would have done the same. and if he didn't do it, someone else would have. does anyone know if he even developed a single thing, or even allowed anything to be developed in the 5-6 years he hosted mariusnet? I doubt it. pretty much just helping his buddy marius and his small group of myth friends out by putting it on his box years that he already had from years ago, and then just letting it hum along. that's what it seems like anyway.
Cutard wrote:You haven't made one valid point in this entire thread while you have consistently addressed points people either didn't make or you just argued with irrelevant shit that has no weight to the discussion at all. You have been utterly worthless.
and I would say the same thing about you, so what. you bore me.

ghengis, really, your brother is gone forever because you will never talk to him and tell him where GoS is at?

interesting.

my guess is most or all of these players haven't even tried to log into myth yet. just have some people double logged into both to let them know, and/or have a game hosted with the game title pointing to GoS. simple as that. if we are using both servers, after a few months everyone will know.

and really, we are talking about inactive players that contribute almost nothing to the activity of myth. they may happen to be your good friends, which sucks for you but not so much for everyone else. you act as if GoS is the reason for them being inactive. they are inactive based on their own will, and have been for quite some time. most of their activity was from tournaments anyway, not random rabble games.

and yes, quite a few people do want new features, so that is bullshit.

btw, marius website still down, gg.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:GENIUS TEMPORARY BAND-AID SOLUTION:
You actually only just neeed to copy the Myth directory to another name. So "Myth II" and "Myth II 2" or something ;) No need to install twice.
Dantski wrote:Is it possible to make GoS the default server? If so how soon can it be done?
It is but it requires a client update, so probably not very near term.

As per the vote in the other thread, I recommend we all try and play regular games on MariusNet for the time being. I'd still love to see tourney games played on GoS for the relevant features, but it's not critical either way. GoS will remain up, but please ask folks who are not specifically doing tournament stuff (i.e. MFC, etc) to move over to MariusNet for now. I've added a blue bar on GoS to that end.

I think we'll need to re-evaluate this after MWC given the state of the MariusNet site, but for now let's postpone that discussion. Make sense?

noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

my brother isnt gone forever, other players are.
Homer tried to figure out everything himself and can't even figure out where to go imagine if someone came back after a year of inactivity and coudln't figure it out. Youre missing the entire point. They would already be gone and we wouldn't know.

And newmutator why would I want to set up a host all day pointing people to GoS or bug PPE to put a bluebar up when it would be easier to convert to 1 server. Also I don't know why anyone would listen to any of your 40 minute interviews let alone do one with you.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Right, so that's actually how GoS got started, because PPE didn't want anybody messing with the Mnet code. If he had been reasonable about allowing metaserver development, GoS would essentially be Mnet.

Don't watch if you don't want, no skin off my nose. Heaven forbid you'd ever be interested in Myth promotional content. :roll:

Giant Killer General

well i and a few others will be setting up dual myth instances to be on both servers at once. obviously over the next few months through the duration of mwc, the few stragglers can be educated about the other server. and if the people you listed don't come back for the entire duration of mwc (which i suspect will be the case for quite a few of them), then that is the point at which i consider a player gone. single server or not, they are long gone and there is nothing anyone can do about it, so who cares at that point.

you don't have to host or do anything, others will do it.

punk is making small little improvements to his server every single week, and he is super active. marius will continue to be a good placeholder for a while since it has more exposure and is more familiar with people. however it is only a matter of time before people see the value in GoS over marius since only one of these is being maintained and improved, while the other is stagnate and at least as of now with the website down, appears to be dying. it is inevitable.

here is what is going to most likely happen:

-people are going to bitch about 2 servers for the next several months.
-some people will even nerd rage and commit myth suicide over it (hi enc). these individuals would rather push to see the myth community die than have it go a way different than what they want. in their eyes, if they can't have their fun their way, then no one should be able to. and though they won't succeed in killing myth by quitting, they would nonetheless celebrate if they did, and say "I TOLD YOU SO!" these are the most sensitive, bitter, butthurt, spiteful individuals you can imagine.
-none of the bitching or rage quitting will matter, both servers will continue to run, it is a fact of myth life now
-punkuser will slowly add features to GoS
-there will be the dead offseason after mwc, and possibly another post mwc draft tournament of sorts, where everything will be quiet again for a while
-punkuser will continue adding little features to GoS
-by next spring all the features punk has worked on will have added up to an undeniable significance by now, possibly even a real, working, legit, ranked system (something marius never had), or some other really cool shit.
-after a year GoS will have enough exposure where all relevant players are now aware of GoS' existence and how to get there, or know someone that can help them get there. some GoS naysayers will have become converts, solidifying a clear majority in favor for GoS.
-next MWC will be hosted on GoS, putting the spike in the coffin and killing off this issue once and for all.
-mariusnet will continue to be up albiet neglected, and used by certain cliques of players that completely isolate themselves from the rest of the myth community (mazzers, co-opers, newbs, etc., marius was built by them, and was always meant to be for them, it is the home they deserve and where they belong).
-all the GoS naysayers will look very dumb, some will continue to rage quit.
-the myth community will continue to live on

with 1 caveat: the longer the marius website stays down, the more this entire process accelerates.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

The issue that seems to escape your awful stream of logic is the fact that splitting up mazzers, co-opers, newbies from the rest of the community is a bad thing. Do I honestly have to explain to you, like a child, why splitting up such a shit small community is not good? We're on page what 17? and you still don't understand? I don't think most people who oppose two servers have anything against GoS, it's blatantly obvious that a constantly updated server is a great thing, but there are other outstanding issues which have been explained time and again. In an ideal perfect world GoS would be the #1 result on google, it would be the primary server you see when you install a new patch, and punkuser would host it until his dick falls off.

Holy shit.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

The "switching to GoS is too hard" excuse doesn't fly. It took me less than a minute to figure out how to get on. I doubt anyone other than a complete newbie would have any difficulty figuting out that the GoS server exists.

Giant Killer General

certain mazzers, co-opers, and newbie groups of players have ALWAYS split itself from the rest of the community. These are the same groups or types of players that stayed on marius for the entire duration of the playmyth era. It had no effect on anything since they don't want to play with anyone else, they only want to play with their own group. They WANT to play on mariusnet by themselves and be away from everyone else. That is why they always play in a different room. that is their choice. they actively seek to isolate themselves. These are the Spa' mazzers, and OoH clubs of the myth world. they play the game their own very particular way and don't want anyone else involved.

Mariusnet was always MEANT just for those types of players, which is why there was such a big personality clash with the competitive players and the "no swearing" style of moderation of mariusnet. It never has, nor ever will support competitive play. we made due with it for several years, now we have a perfect opportunity to get some better support and features for competitive play, the true source of activity in this game.

as far as brand new players, like i said, for the next year both servers will probably be used simultaneously at some level. at which point GoS will have more exposure, people will be pointed there, it will have some search result rankings, etc. pretty simple.

holy shit indeed. your butthurt is showing.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

It would be great if it were as easy as clicking "other" and was there along with tcpip. I had NEVER clicked that "servers" button before GoS... yes, I figured it out, but it was far from obvious.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Giant Killer General wrote:certain mazzers, co-opers, and newbie groups of players have ALWAYS split itself from the rest of the community. These are the same groups or types of players that stayed on marius for the entire duration of the playmyth era. It had no effect on anything since they don't want to play with anyone else, they only want to play with their own group. They WANT to play on mariusnet by themselves and be away from everyone else. That is why they always play in a different room. that is their choice. they actively seek to isolate themselves. These are the Spa' mazzers, and OoH clubs of the myth world. they play the game their own very particular way and don't want anyone else involved.

Mariusnet was always MEANT just for those types of players, which is why there was such a big personality clash with the competitive players and the "no swearing" style of moderation of mariusnet. It never has, nor ever will support competitive play. we made due with it for several years, now we have a perfect opportunity to get some better support and features for competitive play, the true source of activity in this game.

as far as brand new players, like i said, for the next year both servers will probably be used simultaneously at some level. at which point GoS will have more exposure, people will be pointed there, it will have some search result rankings, etc. pretty simple.

holy shit indeed. your butthurt is showing.

Mariusnet was meant as a server to play Myth on, whether only TFL players or Mazzers played on it for the majority of its existence is irrelevant. I doubt very much Conner and Marius sat in a room together and thought how they could build a server catering primarily to a certain subset of Mythers. Also, Corpse has been gone for years now, so what the fuck are you even talking about? How many successful MWCs have been on mnet now? 5? Yep, awful for competition.

It doesn't matter if they move to a different room and play what they want to play, the point is they're playing on the same server as everyone else so it appears that more people are interested and playing Myth, in whatever way they like.

GKG said butthurt everyone, get out your Myth bingo cards.

falcon

Post by falcon »

Wow there are like 7 players on each server with no games to play. Yes, you had 16 player desert CTF on thursdays...
At the topic. We all appreciate the new things happening to myth at GOS.
I remember asking PPE to update the interface of marius net website and he completely negated and deleted the thread in fact. On the other hand, GoS has already moved to a much better discussion forums because nobody uses the gay ass marius forums anymore, like rarely.
But you can't just turn blind to CU, he has a good point. You're also splitting the community. I have seen many coopers and ww2ers on marius play ffa or 2t with regulars. Yes, put Industry, ZOSO and creamboy ''here''.
so for the footnotes. GOS has still lots to prove, like a real 'front-end'. Marius has many features no matter how cluster-fucked its source code or databases are.
1. Clans.
a. Clan forums.
b. Clan database.
2. Who is online, games and players.
3. Marius hosting test.
4. Back-linking to most of myth's website.
5. Has its own database of 'plugins'.
6. Myth forums archive, post-2005?
7. Reliability.
8. Scores and games records, here I would like to point out that GOS game records especially with new films upload is way better than mnet's records so +1.

Both GOS and Mnet have pros and cons but I would like to see more mything on marius cause we already have like a very very low myth player turnout. We can try MWC on GOS and help the punkuser team add more features and dynamics to the server. I just hope the server is not hosted in Germany with offshore warez websites...

Also on myth interface when you open multiplayer, both mnet and gos logos should be adjacent on the main window and 'other' option removed. I bet only zagon plays kirk on tcpip these days. So everybody can easily switch between the 2.

Giant Killer General

haha it appears more interesting to see a mazz group in another room, nice one.

how many mwc's have been played on mnet when there was any other option for a server? oh right, none. nice point though.

they didn't have to do anything to cater to their group of players, they just had not make any competitive features, which they did.

in any case, none of this arguing matters, like i said, it is inevitable at this point. keep crying it out though if it makes you feel better.

dac

Post by dac »

adrenaline wrote:It would be great if it were as easy as clicking "other" and was there along with tcpip. I had NEVER clicked that "servers" button before GoS... yes, I figured it out, but it was far from obvious.
i said the same thing.

also with teh GoS icon it could say "no password required" for people to format the sn etc etc to simplify it

Giant Killer General

well falcon, most or all of the features you listed are only useful through the marius website, which is down. so that negates most or all of the points you mentioned. like i said, when the website gets back up and is stable again, maybe people can make that argument then, but until then..

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Giant Killer General wrote:haha it appears more interesting to see a mazz group in another room, nice one.

how many mwc's have been played on mnet when there was any other option for a server? oh right, none. nice point though.

they didn't have to do anything to cater to their group of players, they just had not make any competitive features, which they did.

in any case, none of this arguing matters, like i said, it is inevitable at this point. keep crying it out though if it makes you feel better.

More people on one server = better regardless of what they're doing. How fucking stupid do you have to be to actually believe otherwise? You're majoring in business aren't you? Don't you understand one of the underlying principles to getting people interested in what you're offering is just getting them IN the store? Population generates interest, its how humans work.

You are the one who said it doesn't support competitive play, yet many tournaments have been successfully run on it. So...?

Giant Killer General

just lol cu

yea and my keen business mind knows is that we need to think long-term. which means that we should use both servers now and for the foreseeable future, and do a slow transition over to GoS. I actually agree with punk now, play random rabble games on marius for now, if that happens to be where people are. I will be logged into both servers at once (as soon as I can get it working) and use whichever server suits me - GoS for when i want to use its features, play / watch 1v1 tourney matches, etc., marius when there are just people there. And I will hold people's hands to transition over to GoS as well if needed, as will many others.

over time as more GoS features are put in, there will be less and less reason for people to use marius. it will be a slow transition.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

For everyone saying more people on 1 server = Good, why do you insist on having that server be Marius? Couldn't it be GoS? Is the issue just that Marius has a bigger web footprint, because that's liable to change along with higher activity on GoS. All I see are people complaining about how GoS is "splitting" the community and how it should either be shut down or not used. To me, that's just bogus. I don't care if people willfully split up the community, like cooperative orders or "Mazzers," because at least they're logging in to play. Plenty of people switch back and forth between Mazz and competitive Myth with no issue, so that's not a real argument. But whining about how the community is split isn't an actionable solution either.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Giant Killer General wrote:just lol cu

yea and my keen business mind knows is that we need to think long-term. which means that we should use both servers now and for the foreseeable future, and do a slow transition over to GoS. I actually agree with punk now, play random rabble games on marius for now, if that happens to be where people are. I will be logged into both servers at once (as soon as I can get it working) and use whichever server suits me - GoS for when i want to use its features, play / watch 1v1 tourney matches, etc., marius when there are just people there. And I will hold people's hands to transition over to GoS as well if needed, as will many others.

over time as more GoS features are put in, there will be less and less reason for people to use marius. it will be a slow transition.
Your keen business mind helped drive out the one truly proven and reliable MWC host this community had. This site sure looks like an improvement too.

dac

Post by dac »

NewMutator wrote:For everyone saying more people on 1 server = Good, why do you insist on having that server be Marius? Couldn't it be GoS? Is the issue just that Marius has a bigger web footprint, because that's liable to change along with higher activity on GoS. All I see are people complaining about how GoS is "splitting" the community and how it should either be shut down or not used. To me, that's just bogus. I don't care if people willfully split up the community, like cooperative orders or "Mazzers," because at least they're logging in to play. Plenty of people switch back and forth between Mazz and competitive Myth with no issue, so that's not a real argument. But whining about how the community is split isn't an actionable solution either.
because it's always been mariusnet.

i left in 2001, came back in 2009 or 2010 or something like that and the first thing i searched was marius. i didnt even remember it was called mariusnet. if you've never left you cant possibly understand that scenario, and the only hope for this community having players is if more people like me are reminded of myth somehow and the likely google links are going to be bungienet, marius, playmyth.
Cutard wrote:Your keen business mind helped drive out the one truly proven and reliable MWC host this community had.
dont worry, grim finally gets to finish living out whiny emo kid's fantasy

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

dac wrote:i left in 2001, came back in 2009 or 2010 or something like that and the first thing i searched was marius. i didnt even remember it was called mariusnet. if you've never left you cant possibly understand that scenario, and the only hope for this community having players is if more people like me are reminded of myth somehow and the likely google links are going to be bungienet, marius, playmyth.
There were several year stretches where I was not involved in the community at all, so it's a bit presumptuous to assume I never left. My experience was not yours, that's why I'm asking. I was glad Marius was there, but I don't have an irrational attachment to it.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Cutard wrote: It doesn't matter if they move to a different room and play what they want to play, the point is they're playing on the same server as everyone else so it appears that more people are interested and playing Myth, in whatever way they like.
Well damn Cu if you said that earlier there are much more direct ways to solve that problem! Just get zak to log on with all of his dummies at once and we'd have a great appearance of activity.

Hell I could add a feature to GoS to make it it say there are 100 people on there, and even add random names to the lobby. Wouldn't even need to script any chat for a convincing facsimile of Myth-folk :P

In reply to falcon, let's maybe take the feature priority list to another thread. I'll post and see what people care most about in order so I can prioritize my time.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

myth-bots would be awesome... AI scripted to play FFA or whatever haha... is it even possible?

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

My keen business mind already analyzed the problem. Aging player base and laziness/resistance to change. If players really cared about a lot of features they would have quit long ago. My solution is to call road kill and tell him to give up his new kid for adoption, call tb and tell him to abandon his family, same for rolling rock, ask any player that has work conflicts to quit their job, and then we will see how much a server matters. Mnet provides an avenue for a Monty/abs type player who is inactive but quality an easy way to play. While we are at it why don't we ask abs to quit his job and dump his gf. I am sure mnet rank icons or ease of film Download is why he doesn't play. I am indifferent to which server is used as I will be gone again In July or August. However it seems the main issues are being ignored. Neither server will fix the problem and changing things up just adds more complication. My final solution is to switch to gos for this tournament and see what happens. I believe it will have a negative affect on the tournament but who gives a shit at this point.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

In all seriousness I think people are mostly just looking for scapegoats, and heavily underestimating how much damage the MariusNet downtime has already done here. I've been idling on both servers for a few days and I have yet to see these "old players" come out of the woodwork and log on to either to "check things out", then "leave because there were too few players". It's totally possible that they gave up during the two weeks when MariusNet was down, but impossible for us to determine motivations. Maybe they'll still show up once MWC starts.

Then again, having a kid now myself, I imagine secondary factors are definitely to blame here more than anything else. But hey, this is nothing new really.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Don't confuse my comments to be allined with the people that were being mean for no reason. I think what you guys are doing is great I just really don't know if it is in the best interest of myth. Woulda been much better I'd this had happened when om was pissing the entire server off.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Who here can say they know what's in the best interests of Myth? You can't pick and choose the best time for something to happen, either you accept it in the time frame it presents itself or you don't. It doesn't make sense to be all wistful, this is a unique chance to potentially revitalize the online community by modernizing the metaserver. You can get involved in whatever small way you want, or you can sit idle and toss off insults and whine, choice is yours. Simple. The first option has at least some promise, the other will most certainly bury this game.

It's long term vs short term gains. You're thinking how this might impact the short term. But consider the long term. If Magma hadn't fiddled with the code hardly anyone would even be able to play these days. That didn't stop anyone from launching tirades about how Magma is killing Myth or altering the game for the worse, etc. ad infinitum. But it's because of their efforts that we're even here today, playing myth on modern OSes. Long term. It's not very difficult to understand, just use your imagination.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Honkey wrote:Don't confuse my comments to be allined with the people that were being mean for no reason. I think what you guys are doing is great I just really don't know if it is in the best interest of myth. Woulda been much better I'd this had happened when om was pissing the entire server off.
Well, I've done what I can to point people over at MariusNet now anyways, so if people don't return, etc. it's for other reasons at this point. And again, this server has been up for a while, just people only really found it when Mnet was down...

pallidice

Post by pallidice »

well im on both servers at the same time. I think we should stay on marius at least until mwc is over and he has all the features of mnet plus a better rank system. that is all

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

2013 is the new 2007! When PlayMyth's site went down before MWC back in May 2007, people still stuck to the server even though returning players couldn't reset their passwords. Some time after MWC in August, the server eventually died. I don't think the same will happen with Mnet, but the site has been down for days after its return. PPE probably doesn't even notice since the other site works. He has made 30 or so posts on that one since it was back up.

While 2 servers can negatively affect the player base, having the known primary server with a broken site after being down for 12 days with a delayed MWC is probably much worse. So if someone knows a way to contact PPE, now is the time to use that.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Pyro wrote: While 2 servers can negatively affect the player base, having the known primary server with a broken site after being down for 12 days with a delayed MWC is probably much worse. So if someone knows a way to contact PPE, now is the time to use that.
Yeah I'm not sure why people are not taking that seriously... if we're going to use MariusNet we really need to get PPE to fix the web site ASAP or else only people with existing accounts who remember their passwords can play. Anyone who goes to the web site will assume MariusNet is still down. Doesn't sound promising for people who only come back once a year... :S

Like Pyro said, I've tried to contact PPE, but no response. If anyone has a better way to let him know of the issue, please use it!

Melekor

Post by Melekor »

If he's active there, why not PM and/or post on dawgtalkers.net?

Giant Killer General

Cutard wrote:Your keen business mind helped drive out the one truly proven and reliable MWC host this community had. This site sure looks like an improvement too.
good, glad of it. anytime a TO tries to bring a salary cap into mwc, then they have been in the chair for long enough and its time for them go to. there are always people to replace him. TO-ing is a really easy job, anyone with some minor organizational capability and some time can do it. making features on websites and servers is not.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Melekor wrote:If he's active there, why not PM and/or post on dawgtalkers.net?
I figured that would be a little cheesy... I don't want to pester if he's intentionally ignoring us, but I really don't know him well enough to guess if that's the case or not :S I e-mailed "admins@mariusnet.com" as well; we'll see if that gets anywhere.

Giant Killer General

And yes, we all agree with you honkey, that is only common sense. but there is nothing we can do about that, and we still should make best use of what we have. again, a slow transition gives us the best of both worlds, it seems so painfully obvious.

I also find it amusing how the mnet fanboys choose to completely ignore how the entire value of the marius server (the website) has been down for quite some time now.

Melekor

Post by Melekor »

punkUser wrote:
Melekor wrote:If he's active there, why not PM and/or post on dawgtalkers.net?
I figured that would be a little cheesy... I don't want to pester if he's intentionally ignoring us, but I really don't know him well enough to guess if that's the case or not :S I e-mailed "admins@mariusnet.com" as well; we'll see if that gets anywhere.
Well if it's really as big of a deal as this thread would seem to indicate, perhaps it's worth being a little cheesy? Also since the site is down, it wouldn't be too surprising if the email isn't working either.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Giant Killer General wrote:TO-ing is a really easy job, anyone with some minor organizational capability and some time can do it.
Yeah? Went so well for you that one MWC didn't it?

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

YEAH CU GO UR TEAM RAPE THOSE BOSTON FAGGOTS

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

It's quite the series. Afraid chicago will stop moving after boston does a trap game to open up the first half the game. Winner of game 5 usually, not always, determines who takes it all.

Giant Killer General

there is nothing hard about posting maps and schedules for people. those are just organized forum posts. mwc's are dependent on technical support more than anything for a decent tourney website, that is the difficult part. in mwc10 the technical support was going to be either toxyn or liger. toxyn caved on his offer, and you can't blame anyone for not wanting to work with liger. pretty simple.

pallidice

Post by pallidice »

ok so after more reading im starting to get swayed by gkg.
didntt relize ppe was doing absolutely nothing to help. Btw punk user has seem to have done almost everything in his power to either contact ppe merge servers ans so forth.
I still think it is splitting comunitty regardless.
Unfortunately i dont have solution. Long term Im almost certain PunkUser server will be it due to his activeness and willingness to help people and update his server. Ppe doesnt seem to want to do anything.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”