So, salary cap and teams so far. check it out

General MWC related discussion stuff.
drunken_deer

So, salary cap and teams so far. check it out

Post by drunken_deer »

Grims rules
When will the tournament start and registration ends?
The tournament will start with the QR's on the first weekend of June. Registration for teams ends at the last day of May. Players can still be added to teams after this though. The player registration will end after the QR's are over on friday of the week double elimination starts.

Roster limit?
At first it'll be 10 players per team. However, keep in mind that I will probably increase the roster limit later on to prepare for the influx of players. You need at least 4 players to register a team. Also keep in mind that I will reserve the right to delete some teams to make room for others if needed. The likely scenario where this might happen is if we reach some awkward number of teams where the team that signed up last is a likely forfeit team. My goal is to have 8 teams that are certain to always show up for matches in force. I will not accept teams that just plan to ride on using the substitute system.

If more than 8 teams sign up, then the team limit will obviously rise.

Other roster limitations
This tournament will use a salary cap. This will prevent team stacking and hopefully we will have a more competitive tournament that way. Salary cap means that all players will be given ball ratings by me with the help of few selected others. Teams can only have a certain number of high rated players in their team. These are the limits:

- ONE 5 ball player and TWO 4 ball players or FOUR 4 ball players if there's no 5 ball player in the team.
- THREE 3 ball players in any case.
- Unlimited number of 1-2 ball players, just so long as you remember that there's a 10 player limit for teams.

No team is forced to include 4-5 ball players however, so you can just sign up your friends freely if they don't breach the salary cap limits. If there's no 4-5 ball players in the roster, the number of 3 ball players is not limited to 3. In case you have less than four 4 ball players in the team, the amount of 3 ball players that you can use correlates with the potential number of 4-5 ball players.
-----------------------------

Just going to show you the point strength on each team so far and im not listing player numbers/or people who may or may not have team swapped or left. Its also an interesting observation that the salary cap has not worked and failed in its objective for spreading the 4/5 ballers into more teams. as clearly we see 3 power teams emerging yet again and one dark horse team as repeated in nearly every other previous mwc. Id like to state that im not complaining about my team being a low score as they are the players I chose (even though I have posted about obtaining a 4 baller).

Deer- 12. pallidice unrated
Zak - 30 pts
Pogue- 22pts
Dantski- 11pts. Mike, cheese unrated
Funky- 12 pts. Pablo, leadbelly, sam butcher unrated
GKG- 27 pts
Limp- 29 pts

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”