Myth Money Match Registration

General MWC related discussion stuff.
Asmodian

Re: Myth Money Match Registration

Post by Asmodian »

If you guys who are signed up for this sign up for the draft tourney ill make you a website and update it even when im not around.

Trow belt

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

I'll play if I can depending on time zones and game time.

I also have a server with extra unused bandwidth if a website is needed. That goes for any tournament or website really, I've got plenty of space and bandwidth if it's needed.

falcon

Post by falcon »

CU is an infidel, a Satanist and I cannot trust an infidel with my money, if I ever had any. I'll pass.
Also this would be fun if it had 2 more options; players can sponsor others into matches & betting pools where others who're not playing can put money on their favs.
This 'money match' sounds like a betting over a game of billiards.
also punkuser why is the website the same, no work broda? Who is integrating bet365 into GOS now?

falcon

Post by falcon »

Arsenal wrote:I'll play if I can depending on time zones and game time.

I also have a server with extra unused bandwidth if a website is needed. That goes for any tournament or website really, I've got plenty of space and bandwidth if it's needed.
if its hosted in europe make it warez or piratebay proxy. or maybe you can host 1 TB archive of thor brazil gay pr0n.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

falcon wrote: also punkuser why is the website the same, no work broda? Who is integrating bet365 into GOS now?
Unfortunately I've been out (mostly work stuff) for a lot of the last few weeks. Things should start to settle down in the next couple weeks.

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

falcon wrote:
Arsenal wrote:I'll play if I can depending on time zones and game time.

if its hosted in europe make it warez or piratebay proxy. or maybe you can host 1 TB archive of thor brazil gay pr0n.
I have 2TB of extra bandwidth, not enough for a warez site but plenty for any normal website, or about 100 myth websites.

par73

Post by par73 »

If I'm putting down money how do I avoid playing with players I would rather not be playing with to wager money with?

:cry:

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

You don't, not if we're doing kickball which is what we're looking at. You're more than welcome to form a team out of the pool of players, adren has already had his ideas. If there's two teams with like at least 3-4 players each then perhaps we'll just run with that and those teams can do kickball to pick the rest.

If I see the majority of people have a problem with a certain player then i'll just boot them, i'd rather be minus one than minus a bunch of people. That reminds me, if you have concerns keeping you from registering for this then please pm me or state them here and we'll see if we can't address them.

East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

So at least for now will this only be 6v6? It'd be great to branch this out to 2v2s or 3v3s.

Homer

Post by Homer »

3 v 3 be tight.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Arsenal on another thread "guiys I am in asia, every game I play has a 2 second delay, andI cant even click hardly.

Arsenal~ Im in for people to gamble money on me being a reliable teammate.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

if ppl are putting money on this, i expect the level of play to be very high... as in top players vs top players

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

I doubt I can even play but it doesn't matter either way. It's been two days and only 10 people signed up so this won't even happen if more people don't sign up so consider this a helpful bump to get this going. If nothing else it's a pleasant donation from me as I most likely won't even be able to play.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

There are interested parties who haven't officially registered here yet. It is going to happen.

This is the 7v7 I'd personally love to see:

adren
shai
tirri
ew
gkg - captain
cu
arzenic
gekko
sam
ghengis
paris
limp
myrk
wwo - captain

Alternatively, these players would make nice substitutes for anyone in the above list who isn't playing:

dantski - easily replaces anyone in above list
homer
PK
asmo
kilgrath
captain
chron1
cruniac
headhunter
cave
browning
kryptos
HONKEY
ratking
cremisi
rawr
liger
flatline
rabican
enc
zak
dac

probably still forgetting a few... left off several who just never play.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Please take me off the list. Adren has already made me realize this is a disaster waiting to happen. Also gkg vs Wwo as cAptains, I am sure people will be lining up around the block for that one. Ill just use my 15 bucks to purchase lol skins instead.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

oh no, i scared off honkey :( actually, i didn't leave u off the 2nd list on purpose... i threw that together rather quick. i should have included you lol... and now i realized i forgot a couple others as well...

care to elaborate on how this is a disaster waiting to happen? all i did was share what MY ideal 7v7 would be. I certainly didn't claim this is how it WOULD be.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I just didnt really want any problems with whining or any of that kind of stuff. I mean at the end of the day it is only 15 bucks per person which I would gladly pay for the competitive rush of a meaningful match. Just seems a lot of peeps are getting caught up in trying to make it a champions series etc, where I think the idea is to field some fun competitive games with competent players. The list is pretty good and there is a solid representation of skill levels and every player on it has been to a finals etc. it just seems there are too many variables to control. I will admit my initial reaction was in regards to your list, but I think the money is really meant to increase care and competitiveness, not complaining which I guess is my main concern. My idea would be divide the 4-6 (depending on who is left) and have them pick the rest of the registered players. I am 100% in if it is legitimate competitive matches, my fear is that we may run in to a 3 hour match situation (which translates to less than minimum wage if you care about the money)

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

we play this game for free anyways... i don't think the fact that the payout is less than minimum wage, depending on how long the match is, is really of concern to anyone... no one is doing this for the money... it's just an incentive to promote competition.

Also, if i were to form a team for this, it wouldn't be entirely built of players from the first list, either. Just saying... those 14 are what I consider to be the cream of the crop and seeing a 7v7 of that would be awesome... it simply NEVER happens in tourney or rabble situations. That list in its entirety has probably never been together in the same game before.

frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

3v3 would be better way less variance with the players. easier to calculate odds for betting. speaking of which if players are obviously trying since they are staking money there should be bettors pools too.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

I'm removing arsenal from the list. Arsenal, if you're serious about playing and are capable then you're on the list. If you want to just contribute to the prize pot then we can give you wwo's info as well as a signed picture of his family and their precise location.

This is meant to be competitive but it clearly isn't high stakes riverboat gambling here. I compared it to the price of a 3D film for a reason, you're paying $15 for 2-3 hours of care and entertainment and the opportunity to win another $15 back. This thing happening is clearly viable, we just need a few more players and i'd say the chances are very good we'll have a successful match. If this works out then i'm sure any players who have been on the fence about joining will be up for giving it a shot the next time it happens.

I'm only interested in doing this for 6v6 or 7v7, if people want to branch off and try running 3v3s then best of luck to you.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I would almost pay 15 dollars to see the films of all the 5 ball in fighting on the losing team " I knew I shouldn't have given so and so trow etc" would be quite funny. But I think cu has stumbled on to the new Mwc format If a future Mwc is to be salvaged. Lesser teams don't have to pay in to the pot and the better ranked teams have to contribute like 30 per player. I bet some stakes could revive this game seeing as the average player is over 25.

Post by karma »

First good myth idea in years.

Are we sure that's really cu?

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

wtf karma... thought u quit myth or something. haven't seen you afk in the lobby for quite some time. sign up for this thing.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

karma wrote:First good myth idea in years.

Are we sure that's really cu?
What's your league name? I'm ready to carry you to challenger.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

If you wanna get carried play with general x.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

carried? I don't need carried. We played 2 games together and both dominated. I do a lot of in-houses with platinum's 2-3 and usually win my lane : o , but ill stop talking about league in this thread so it doesn't get ruined.

wwo

Post by wwo »

This sort of makes me sad as somewhere after 06 I wanted to do a "captain's tourney" where you signed up if you wanted to either captain or play (not both). Games would be kickball. I think I had style points too (pulling off a "bad" trade, clearly understaffed, Best Redist, etc).

Unbelievably, I think a buy-in 3v3 league would be sweet but subject to crazy dummying.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

I'm gonna go ahead and declare karma as persona non grata for the Myth Money Match. I may of course change my mind with a generous donation of him blowing his own brains out.

Seeing as how we seem to have fallen into a lull with the rush of registrants i'm going to adopt a new strategy.

The following people are pussies: Ghengis, Arzenic, rawr, sam, myrk, zak, kryptos, kilgrath, flatline.

Rabican is excused because he already used up his monthly governmental allowance on Europa Universals IV.

noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

ghengis i need money khan

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

More like brokeasssteed, am I right?

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

I'd play in it if I didn't have to pay or receive money

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

If we get two more players i'll donate $5 to the brokeasssteed fund on condition that I be made an honorary member of his esteemed family on a day of my choosing.

par73

Post by par73 »

if we get two more players you should just pay for ghengis for all the psychological harassment you have inflicted on him over the years

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

So when you planning on making this happen, Cu? Aug 24/25? Can I request that you NOT do it the weekend of Aug 31? :D ...or if you do... a bit later on the Sunday, like 4 pm?

wwo

Post by wwo »

Labor Day weekend is unlikely for me.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

We can try 24/25 and see how that works, i'll make a thread on Saturday. I have a sneaking suspicion if it does happen it's going to be some weekend in September though.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

tournament games @ 3pm set the 24th. If it is going to be then should be at 1pm or earlier.

wwo

Post by wwo »

Asmodian wrote:tournament games @ 3pm set the 24th. If it is going to be then should be at 1pm or earlier.
Later. Wtf. Who wakes up early on the weekend to play fucking video games?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

later then, the problem is there is europeans signed up as well.

aslo that is early? lol

tirri

Post by tirri »

the player list now seems good enough that the teams could actually be drawn completely randomly. this way there would be no kickballing and myth politics that might affect anyone's chances. the team could then decide on who caps what map. if there will be more money matches coming and teams are randomly assigned every time, a player who gives his team and edge will eventually be winning money. i doubt there will be enough matches played but its an idea anyway

noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

why am i not on player list head fuck

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Random eh? Random drawing gave me:

Team A: Paris, Tirri, Wwo, Genghis, Homer, Honkey, TBA
Team B: Captain, Asmo, PK, Adren, Liger, East Wind, browning

tirri

Post by tirri »

looks better than what any of you numbnuts will be able to kickball

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Well we can run with 13 or we can wait until we get one more. I was hoping for at least 16 because I expect a few to drop out.

par73

Post by par73 »

you gotta make a deadline for $$$

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

get shai to sign up... he said he would probably play... and yourself, cu. play gdi.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

We'll get things rolling tomorrow, once we have everyone agreeing on a date we'll have a deadline of a few days. Everyone who doesn't already have paypal needs sign up, it's very easy.

Shai playing is up to him. I don't think people want the person making the final decisions over a money match actually playing in the match.

wwo

Post by wwo »

Cutard wrote:I don't think people want the person making the final decisions over a money match actually playing in the match.
I'm not guaranteed to play at all. If you want in on a match, I'll TO.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”