Seems like 1.8 is not just hated by myth gamers

General MWC related discussion stuff.
drunken_deer

Seems like 1.8 is not just hated by myth gamers

Post by drunken_deer »

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... 5&start=15 Ghost probally one of the best mapmakers hates 1.8 and suspended maps to be downloaded with the Tain, worth a read

BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: Seems like 1.8 is not just hated by myth gamers

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

1.8 has sucked for me. really affects gameplay and lag.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

It was more some Myth Drama(r) around development and release of 1.8 rather than 1.8 itself. But yeah, as Pyro notes, there were issues festering with folks even before.

And kirk if you're using the same settings it shouldn't affect "lag" at all (if anything, should be better), but you may have to double-check as some of the settings potentially get reset to defaults after the update. But we've been over this, so yeah.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I'll be the first to admit that I unfairly judged 1.8. If you are having lag issues or what not just change the settings or buy a new computer because if you are lagging on myth 2 you are playing with a dinosaur.

Edit: Please tell me of one good plugin that Ghost made that is used in the myth community, because I have never seen that guy play a game of myth 2.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Asmodian wrote: Edit: Please tell me of one good plugin that Ghost made that is used in the myth community, because I have never seen that guy play a game of myth 2.
He mostly makes coop plugins, so not much for the competitive crowd. His stuff gets a lot of play from coop folks, so it's definitely sad to see him pull stuff. Of course the plugins are still around if you want to get them in other places, but much less convenient than on the tain.

Note that some of the issues were related to a perceived focus on the competitive crowd and their needs in 1.8 to the detriment of coop (by me in particular). I don't think the latter is fair really, but maybe having this criticism leveled from the coop crowd this time around means that we've finally gotten close to some sort of "myth compromise" where both crowds are equally unhappy ;) I dunno, you just can't make everyone happy in the end, but I'm still proud of the features in 1.8 despite Ghost's departure (which as I noted, really wasn't related to the patch itself).

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmodian wrote:I'll be the first to admit that I unfairly judged 1.8. If you are having lag issues or what not just change the settings or buy a new computer because if you are lagging on myth 2 you are playing with a dinosaur.

Edit: Please tell me of one good plugin that Ghost made that is used in the myth community, because I have never seen that guy play a game of myth 2.
Hmm give you a list of cool maps I have of his as an example, there is around 20 and he taught a lot of mapmakers if you read how to use the loathing interface.

Paintball
woods out back
valley of despair
heroes who dare

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CLICK THROUGH THE FUCKING TOP STATUS BAR. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Why doesn't someone just upload his maps then that has them downloaded and tell him to suck a dick. Never understood why people who 'contribute' to the myth community ever feel like they've actually done something important. The players are what make the game good not a few jack off's tinkering with code or making maps.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”