Keyboard issue

General MWC related discussion stuff.
frozenfire

Keyboard issue

Post by frozenfire »

Anyone know a way to resolve this?
My caps button is broken on my keyboard yet caps is the only avail option to set that key that reveals which units are yours and which are your teams without selecting everything.

punkUser

Re: Keyboard issue

Post by punkUser »

Get a new keyboard...?

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

If you are on Windows, you can use AutoHotkey to make another key act like Capslock. Then a small script can be made to do this only for Myth if you prefer it not affect anything else.

par73

Post by par73 »

Liger I thought you were wealthy, this should be non-issue.

rawr

Post by rawr »

lol for real, get that shit fixed fast my idiot

frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

i am but i try to feed my mice before i do something stupid like buy another keyboard; i have a $100 gaming keyboard so i actually prefer it even without caps to the default microsoft keyboards i have laying around

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Here is a script that should help. I set it to use the right Windows key, but you can edit it. Make sure AutoHotkey is installed. Right click edit script if you want to alter it. I set it to only work for Myth. Extract the file and double click it to run it. You will see a green icon with a white "H" in the taskbar when it is running. You have to load this script each time you want to have it running. If you do change it to a different key, you have to use the right names. Here is a list.

frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

i ran it regular and i even converted the script. doesnt work

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Liger~ mom already let me put my 100 dollar keyboard on her credit card, so i cant get another until hanukah.

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Well I'm going to need more info. How did you ran it? What key did you try? What OS are you on? How is it that you can't get such a simple script to run? Give me something, I shouldn't have to ask for more info when you want this problem solved.

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Edit the script and remove the tilde (~). See if it works after that.

If it doesn't maybe your keyboard is more messed up than you stated. Try loading that script again. This time find the icon in your taskbar and open it. Go to View > Key history and script info. Now switch to Myth (does not have to be in a game, lobby works too). Press the right Windows key a few times. Switch back to the autohotkey window and press F5 to refresh.

Does it list RWin as a key you pressed multiple times? Does it list Capslock or other keys that you did not press like LControl?

Also press that special key you mentioned yesterday in the lobby and see what key this program thinks it is. That way it can be tied to that script.

frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

edit : redacted

frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

also if you think the image is photoshopped, use user acct mythview and pw lotus123 to login to check for yourself *edit : deleted acct

so in conclusion the $100 keyboard could easily come from my own budget and it wouldnt be a thang.

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Awww liger is cute

frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

yeah a few hundred grand in my pocket for a weekend only side business that i self enterprised isnt half bad and makes good vacation money, holla at me in cabo ars

dac

Post by dac »

buy a new keyboard mr. billionaire

I assure you every single one of us is impressed with 10k in sales over 7 months.

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Listen kid, you've been bragging about how rich you are for a decade now and no one is impressed. I would guarantee you there are a lot of mythers making considerably more than you, but we are adults and don't need to brag about it on the internet. So pack up your little weird fetish shit dolls and go back to the kiddie pool in Cabo where you can brag about making 10 grand a year and let the real men with real pockets enjoy these forums without having to see you jerking yourself to your sad excuse of a bank account.

And for the record, I wouldn't be caught dead in Cabo.

frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

lol sounds so jelly. you been to the wrong places in cabo if you hating on it bro

par73

Post by par73 »

Man I was thinkin u actually liked the ponies or something after a LSD trip gone bad, hilarious that you're making money by making plush ponies. haha

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Oh I'm so jealous of you driving around in your '92 Accord going to brony conventions so you can sell stuffed animals to social rejects.

Okay, you're bragging about going to Cabo. Let's see where I have been in the last 12 months. I just got back from China about a week ago and I'm going to Vietnam next month. In April I was in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. In February I went to Bali and last November I was in Thailand. Last October I was in Japan and right now I'm in Korea. I'm going to the Philippines this winter. I'm so jealous of you going to some shit hole tourist city in Mexico.

frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

i drive a 2012 bmw hard top convertible lol. arse, anyone ever tell you the ess in stewardess is an indicative of female job.

in response to paris, i started the business way before i watched the show but i was worried id be questioned about it so i had 50 episodes dvr'd -- ironically i never watched it until some mexican i met off 4chan gave me some lsd and i had a bad trip (not a freak out trip or violent, just had looping actions/thoughts and anxiety) anyways the show did calm me down. ill watch an episode with my little girl now and then but after meeting the fandom i refuse to associate myself with the word brony and dont really intend on watching season 3 or season 4. in other words i was def profit over ponies but im not necessarily ashamed of my business nor do i have any hatred towards either the show or the music and video content created by the fandom; ill tolerate it i just wont love it, its simply not my cup of tea.

ill even admit at first i thought i was being somewhat heroic as being the only provider of the ponies to all the bronies that so desperately wanted show accurate plushies when hasbro refused to oblige the wishes of the show's fans. To see what I mean about 8 months into Pony Plushies, these guys started showing up : Image they look nothing like the ones in the show, most of them only have the cutie mark on one side due to an inability to properly communicate with china -- compare this to the standard set by the fandom : Image ; Im surprised no one at hasbro or anyone with a clue within the fandom when they saw that plushies like the one above on ebay were selling to upwards of $7,000; source : http://www.derpyhoovesnews.com/flutters ... -for-2500/ being the enterprising hustler i am i took full advantage and exploited the fandom's unbreakable love of ponies, in return for their money i rekindled them with physical representations of the characters from the show they held most dear and i suppose there was something about this slightly heroic that even ayn rand herself may have given me a nod for my selfish capitalist pursuit.

as far as the show goes it is very well written surprisingly and i think it was intended to reach a slightly older demographic while not detracting much entertainment from toddlers -- if you've ever seen shrek you would know what im talking about. in other words i can understand how middleschool kids and high school aged kids with nothing better to do could enjoy the show. as far as the adults watching while i logically feel they should be doing something better with their time; theyre either so aspie, self-obsessed, creepy or a mix of the three that its probably for best of society they stay inside (though by this logic so should all otakus, furries, larpers, comic geeks, etc.). dont get me wrong there are some entirely, err should i say mostly normal people that do attend the conventions; i think a lot of them come to just people watch or they view it as a taboo/hipster sort of thing but they are cool and do buy plushies here and there -- but for the most part the bronies at attendance in the cons are people i recommend you never engage in social contact under any condition...heres why : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATBuvElZZig

anyways im removing the proof i posted, i really dont see any need for it to be up further (esp. dont need ppl like zak fucking around in my private server space) as i was simply contradicting honkey's ignorant, dumb ass statement -- especially when hes probably an alcoholic after losing 100k and not completing law school -- actually met a friend last weekend from HS who finished law school and is now struggling to earn money and lives with his parents -- thought this was rather ironic neither here nor there, i guess im just proud of my success and i thought this had an interesting story id share.

edit : interesting story, we contacted the person who created the above plushie, requested her pattern and she gave it to us lol. it was the base for all our fluttershy plushies (thats her name -- the character)

dac

Post by dac »

frozenfire wrote:ill watch an episode with my little girl now and then
oh jesus, first placid has a kid and now you too.

rawr

Post by rawr »

Liger , I'm American with Mexican descent and cabo San Lucas is no where to brag about going to!maybe playa del Carmen in jan when they have there music festival but That's about it! You want to brag about a Latin vacation? Talk to me when you visited Ibiza .

frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

ive been to ibiza. cabo is a great place too, awesome restaurants beautiful sites, etc. the reason i go is because my family owns a home there that has its own infinity pool, satelite tv, maids and chef, etc when we arrive, but i prefer puerto vallarta for its night clubs and it seems more hip and young with crazy parties -- though ive never really gone out to cabo's night life so i cant say much about that. if you guys are talking about real places to visit i submit israel is the closest ive been to heaven on earth. amazing night life, awesome clubs, awesome outdoor concerts parties and trance raves but the day life is great too the beach is just packed with young people from all over (all the girls are tan, skinny and beautiful...with required army training to boot) there are like pool boys and girls on the beach too that bring you your hookah, drinks, tea, coffee, cigarettes, etc. all very cheap

ive never been to bali or eastern asian/pacific islands but i will probably check that out. as far as my work goes i still get to go to canada, ny, las vegas, la, seattle, etc, which is all covered by profit so its definitely awesome opportunity to be my own man and go on these interesting little adventures.
Arsenal wrote: Okay, you're bragging about going to Cabo. Let's see where I have been in the last 12 months. I just got back from China about a week ago and I'm going to Vietnam next month. In April I was in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. In February I went to Bali and last November I was in Thailand. Last October I was in Japan and right now I'm in Korea. I'm going to the Philippines this winter. I'm so jealous of you going to some shit hole tourist city in Mexico.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”