Qualifying Round Recap/ Looking Ahead to Elimination

General MWC related discussion stuff.
par73

Qualifying Round Recap/ Looking Ahead to Elimination

Post by par73 »

The qualification rounds are over!

Statistics : The Good, The Bad, The Duds

74 Games have been recorded statistically as being played,
One game has been a forfeit. This forfeit game has been considered in the qualifying round results.
5 more games have been played on the mariusnet server, a total of 80 games played during the QR.
The average players per game is 12.40540541
The Blades, DR and TCOX have had the lowest attendence at their matches while Agents and TMNT have had the highest attendence at their matches.
Highwired of Zomg had the most efficent damage ratio, with 436 damage dealt to 284 damage received, a commanding 1.535 ratio in 15 games played. He should probably be investigated for dummying, but good job regardless! Cave of TCOX takes second, dealing 151 damage and taking 105 to garnish a 1.438 ratio in 5 games (imagine if he played all QR with TCOX, damn they were missing him for sure).
Sasper of DEER had the most efficent kill to loss ratio, with 79 kills to 36 losses in 12 games played. Finesse seems to be saspers role on deer as of late, congrats bud. Highwired took second place with a 1.899 ratio killing 131 and losing 69 units.
The player with the most kills during the QRs was Father Xmas of ULMS, killing 233 units (losing 160) in 20 games. Ghengis of ZOMG finished in a close second with 232 kills and 218 losses in 20 games. Father Xmas dealt the most damage in the QRs 747 (594 received); Killerking of ULMS caused the second most damage in the QRs, with 742 damage dealt in 15 games(594 received).
The player who took the most damage was "k"remisi, who played in a whopping 30 games losing 280 units; kremisi also took the most damage at 1136. Baxter of The Blades padded ratios the second most with 238 losses, and Ghengis had the second most damage of any player with 1004 damage received.
The most wins of a player was 13; this was accomplished by Ghengis (13-7), kremisi (13-16) and Father Xmas (13-1-6). Father Xmas arguably had the best QR record of all players with substitution games included. Honkey (10-5), Shaister (10-5), tirri (10-5), arzenic (10-4), highwired (10-5) and sasper (10-2) arguably had the best QR records of all players with no substitution games.
Kremisi may have played the most games but also lost the most games with 16 losses in the QRs. Perhaps people will be looking to have him substitute less in the future. August of TMNT had the second most losses with 11 (5-11 overall).

Team Results

Teams ZOMG, TMNS and DEER had the most points out of any participating QR teams, with 10 wins and 50 points. The three way tie was broken via the following rules:
a) if tied teams have played each other, the team who won the match is ranked higher
b) if tied teams have a different number of match wins, the team who won more matches is ranked higher
c) if tied teams have played the same opponent, the team who did better against that same opponent is ranked higher
d) if tied teams have played teams of different tier levels, the team who played against better opponents (ranked via tier) is ranked higher
This leads ZOMG to take first place, TMNS taking second, and DEER taking third.
ULMS did 4th best, with a record of 8 wins 6 losses and a tie.
The Tie lead ULMS to beat out WTC and DR at the 5th spot; WTC and DR both went 8 and 7.
WTC beat DR during QR2, so WTC takes the 5th spot while DR takes the 6th.
Agents and TMNT both went 7 and 8 during the QRs. Because Agents beat TMNT during QR2, they take the 7th spot while TMNT takes the 8th.
TCOX went 5 and 10 and took the 9th seed, while the Blades had a win, tied a game and lost their remaining games to take the 10th seed.

The Future

Double Elimination involves about 18 more matches, which will come to about 90 more games during double elimination. However, some teams will be playing less than 15. I highly considered using a triple elimination tournament, especially with the top teams taking turns beating each other and getting beat up. This would lead to about 140 more matches being played by the end of the tournament, and requiring MWC to extend possibly into September. I thought this should be avoided in case people want to host another 2team following this MWC, and thought of alternatives. We can expect this tournament to end August 10/11 or August 17/18th.

In a 10 team Double Elimination tournament, the lowest ranked 4 teams square off against each other in order to advance to playing the other top 6 teams in the top bracket. It looks something like this
This type of format may cause scheduling issues and new fallback rules to be put into place. I am having trouble deciding what the best route is to take during the DE and I am asking for your help.

I want you guys to look at this thread as to how you think the 10 team double elimination tournament should proceed via scheduling and map picks.

Another option to play during MWC to come into place will be putting together a MWC "player" team-tournament involving a simple rules system. Basic rules will be put up either by tonight or tomorrow morning. This type of tournament will be a ready-to-fire tournament, and will look to influence the number of 2team games, player activity, and another possible way to win myth world cup. By putting less restriction on rules (such as fixed rosters, substitutes), I hope to see this tournament blossom and team play games return to the halls of myth 2.

cremisi

Re: Qualifying Round Recap/ Looking Ahead to Elimination

Post by cremisi »

me subing for Blades twise was a bad idea ehehehe.

noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

Why is division weight not included in rankings. This makes agents and TMNT at the bottom of the list. So basically ZOMG should've thrown matches in order to be #3 or #4 to get an easy DE1 matchup

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

yes this doesn't really make much sense at all.

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Yeah if you're going to skew the QR games, then you need to adjust the DE to fit.

I did some quick work on how the teams would be seeded using 3 different point adjustments based on their relative tier rating at the start of QR

with 4,2,1 points added based on tier

1. tmns 14
2. zomg 12
3. agents 11
4. tmnt 11
5. deer 11
6. wtc 10
7. ULMS 9.5
8. DR 9
9. TCox 7
10. Blades 1.5

with 3,2,1 points added based on tier

tmns 13
zomg 12
deer 11
agents 10
tmnt 10
wtc 10
ulms 9.5
dr 9
Tcox 7
Blades 1.5

with 6,4,2 points added based on tier

tmns 16
zomg 14
agents 13
tmnt 13
wtc 12
deer 12
ulms 10.5
dr 10
TCox 9
blades 1.5

Can probably switch deer and WTC on the last one, I simply broke ties via tier rating first and foremost.

I think any of my weighted seedings looks decent, TMNS/ZOMG/ULMS/DR/TCOX/BLADES all remain in the same place regardless.

edit - maybe don't need to bother adding 1 to the 3rd tier teams in the first example since Blades aren't really relevant. Doing this would tie up Deer and WTC again.

par73

Post by par73 »

I never said anything about weighing the divisions post QR.

If I ever said anything about "weighing" the teams, it was an improvison involved in scheduling the best but also most fair matches possible (i.e. the top 3 teams get no baby teams [even tho tcox flopped] and the remaining teams get a QR similar to MWC's of old).

par73

Post by par73 »

noblesteed wrote:Why is division weight not included in rankings. This makes agents and TMNT at the bottom of the list. So basically ZOMG should've thrown matches in order to be #3 or #4 to get an easy DE1 matchup

ehh you basically get a bye week DE1 unless the scheduling changes (where tmnt and agents will be playing 2 top bracket matches in the same week, and you will only be playing one).

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

dantski's solutions make a hell of a lot more sense

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

adrenaline wrote:dantski's solutions make a hell of a lot more sense

noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

Yes paris you did weighted QRs giving top division a much harder schedule. Thus that should be included in the DE seeding otherwise you end up with ZOMG facing a much better DE1 opponent than WTC and DEER despite being #1 seeded.

East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

wait wtf, these are the actual seedings?

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

y'see what happens when grim isn't here? ;)

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Yeah I tend to agree with these guys. Teams with harder match ups should be given a weighted boost.

par73

Post by par73 »

i suppose you're all right. would have been more fun the other way.
cheers.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

It really shakes out the same. If you are going to win the tournament you will eventually have to beat a good team. While this format could fuck up the accuracy of the 1-10 placings, the cream will still rise to the top and good teams will have to beat the other good teams, it just seems we are holding the quarterfinals and semi finals in reverse order is all.

wwo

Post by wwo »

Much ado about nothing.

General Pepper

Post by General Pepper »

I just want to know this... Who has the highest wighty score?

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”