Biggest upset of the QR

General MWC related discussion stuff.

Which of these matches was the biggest upset of the Qualifying Round

Total votes: 0

Zak

Biggest upset of the QR

Post by Zak »

Winners of the QR:

TMNS: Managed to not get upset by the weak team in their schedule, and tied for most wins
ZOMG: Beat a top 3 ranked team, beat tcox, and managed to tie TMNS for most wins in the QR
WTC: Settled their match with Deer and won 3-2, beat a top 3 ranked team, and will be merging with devils rejects to make a super-team

Losers of the QR:

TMNT: Went 1-2 in the QR after being predicted to win the tournament, one of their losses was to ZOMG
Agents: Also went 1-2 in the QR, one of their losses was to WTC
Devil's Rejects: Had disappointing turnout for their matches, all their top players will be moving to WTC
Tcox: Attendance issues and lost to ZOMG
everybody else

Zak's Power Rankings:

1. TMNS
2. Zomg
3. WTC
4. Agents
5. TMNT
6. Tcox
7. ULMS
8. DEER
9. Blades
10. Devil's Rejects

Father Xmas

Re: Biggest upset of the QR

Post by Father Xmas »

where is the option "none of those games" ?

also i don't get how u can rank the blades above devil rejects

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Father Xmas wrote:where is the option "none of those games" ?

also i don't get how u can rank the blades above devil rejects
agreed even with the subs, Ulms should of been a option to vote for they played very well.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Zak wrote:Zak's Power Rankings:

1. TMNS
lol

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

going to say wtc over agents for sure. Agents just came off of a strong win over TMNT, they prepared, they clearly cared a lot last week, and they had a fully strong showing. Maybe they didn't play their best match, but really not looking good for them now, especially now that WTC is merging with DR and going to be way stronger in the DE rounds. Don't worry though, agents will still have the most fun of any team in the tournament.

my rankings:

#1 TMNT
#2 TMNS
#3 Agents
#4 WTC (post-merger)
#5 ZOMG
#6-10 who cares

#1-#2 will be close, #3 and #4 will be close. That's the only possible upsets, everything else is nearly guaranteed.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Myrk wrote:

1. TMNS
lol
Chill bro, just going by QR scores

Giant Killer General

my rankings are not for QR scores. that stuff doesn't matter anyway.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

It's funny watching zak trying to juggle all of his bs at one time

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Zak wrote:
Myrk wrote:

1. TMNS
lol
Chill bro, just going by QR scores
Just gonna point out the obvious: your team lost to us, barely beat Agents, and got an easy match vs TCOX for stat padding.
It's been a funny little circle jerk for the top 3 teams though...tmns beats agents, agents beat us, and we beat tmns all 3-2.

Zak

Post by Zak »

If you think we had an embarrassing QR you should look at your own record.

cremisi

Post by cremisi »

this weeks power ratings might be complicated ................since Tcox played ZOMG with Agents sub players (Paris-Limp)

and WTc played Agents with ZOMG sub players (Ghengis - cremisi) .

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

THOR anal spread agents

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Zak wrote:If you think we had an embarrassing QR you should look at your own record.
Yeah only a 3-2 win vs your team with you capping.
Embarrassing indeed

Zak

Post by Zak »

Myrk wrote:
Zak wrote:If you think we had an embarrassing QR you should look at your own record.
Embarrassing indeed
You had your chance to pad stats against ZOMG, just like we did against Tcox. TMNT, Agents, TMNS all have wins over each other, the only setting them apart is how they performed against that one "gimme" match. TMNT/Agents lost, TMNS won.

You can say they were undermanned, but they also had august and asmo subbing for them and it made no difference. I think storm/CW/zer/gamer/august/asmodian is a tougher roster than what WTC/ZOMG showed up with.

I get it though, you want to be recognized as the best after narrowly avoiding a 0-3 QR.

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

Giant Killer General wrote:going to say wtc over agents for sure. Agents just came off of a strong win over TMNT, they prepared, they clearly cared a lot last week, and they had a fully strong showing. Maybe they didn't play their best match, but really not looking good for them now, especially now that WTC is merging with DR and going to be way stronger in the DE rounds. Don't worry though, agents will still have the most fun of any team in the tournament.

my rankings:

#1 TMNT
#2 TMNS
#3 Agents
#4 WTC (post-merger)
#5 ZOMG
#6-10 who cares

#1-#2 will be close, #3 and #4 will be close. That's the only possible upsets, everything else is nearly guaranteed.
really gkg u should show more respect about weakest teams (the one u rank 6 to 10), everyone on those teams made an effort to play, even with knowing they won't win mwc.

Giant Killer General

the truth hurts fx, but we must face it together to accept it.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

No, xmas is absolutely right...

In the thread about the whole GoS/Mnet split... you seem like you are interested in keeping the myth community alive and all that jazz... then you go ahead post shit like this. In fact, you have posted something like "Teams 6-10... who cares" several times in these forums. Y'know, it doesn't take any effort to be less of an asshole... in fact, it probably takes less effort.

Giant Killer General

i am just being honest, i really don't care about ranking 6-10. i barely know what the teams are. i am glad they are playing, but i don't think anyone cares what their actual placement is at the end of the tournament. they aren't playing really to be competitive anyway, they are the so-called "play for fun" teams. so not sure why anyone would get butthurt about not caring about their placement when even those teams themselves don't care about their placement.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

LOL SO MUCH ANAL REAPAGE GOING ON

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I don't entirely disagree, GKG... but constant discouragement surely can't have a positive effect. Much easier to say nothing at all then be a dick about it.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I think it's unfair to say that "no one cares" about their placement. From the game I subbed in with ULMS and Deer, people seemed just as serious about playing to their best ability and winning as any of the top tier games. Sure they hold no illusions about beating the top teams, but they still want to get as high as they can. I don't really see them going for a hard-fought 6th - or hey, maybe an upset 5th or 4th - vs just throwing in the towel and disbanding or accepting last place as any less honorable than the teams with stronger players going for 1st, 2nd and 3rd really.

The feeling that only the top bracket matters would basically prevent anyone from ever playing any sport "competitively" since they aren't in the Olympics or whatever. I think it's just as important to have good competition at every level of play, and your division system in MFC indicates that you generally agree with this too.

So I guess like adren says, maybe just make an effort to verbally support all the teams that bother to be organized enough to show up and play and respect whatever level they are competing at :) Coming from some of the top players, this definitely has an effect on people and the community. Plus, you should show some respect - these teams are currently in the top 10 of Myth teams IN THE WORLD ;)

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Zak wrote:
Myrk wrote:
Zak wrote:I get it though, you want to be recognized as the best after narrowly avoiding a 0-3 QR.
Go ahead and quote the part where I implied I a) thought my team should be considered QR winners or b) that I give 2 shits about QR.
You and I both know your team going 2-1 in matches doesn't make you #1 at anything (the real QR "winners" were ZOMG, not like it will matter in the DE), and we also both know your entire original post just stems from your need to think you're good despite reality telling you otherwise. I'm sure that had your team won, you'd have immediately posted a 100 paragraph long article about it complete with screenshots. Well you lost, so it's time to sit down and shut the fuck up.

noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

I'm really honored to be part of the two biggest upsets of the QRS. I wouldn't really call any of these other matches upsets as these teams were in the same division

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Zak wrote:
Myrk wrote:
Embarrassing indeed
You had your chance to pad stats against ZOMG, just like we did against Tcox. TMNT, Agents, TMNS all have wins over each other, the only setting them apart is how they performed against that one "gimme" match. TMNT/Agents lost, TMNS won.

You can say they were undermanned, but they also had august and asmo subbing for them and it made no difference. I think storm/CW/zer/gamer/august/asmodian is a tougher roster than what WTC/ZOMG showed up with.

I get it though, you want to be recognized as the best after narrowly avoiding a 0-3 QR.
I have not followed this thread, just read this real quick and found it funny how much you twist the truth.

We subbed TWO games, you make it look liked we subbed for them 5 games and in-fact game two was very close, you were seconds away from losing the south flag and losing that game.

pallidice

Post by pallidice »

GK is a beast... BOW down and pay Homeage!!

cremisi

Post by cremisi »

Giant Killer General wrote:i am just being honest, i really don't care about ranking 6-10. i barely know what the teams are. i am glad they are playing, but i don't think anyone cares what their actual placement is at the end of the tournament. they aren't playing really to be competitive anyway, they are the so-called "play for fun" teams. so not sure why anyone would get butthurt about not caring about their placement when even those teams themselves don't care about their placement.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

cremisi wrote:
Giant Killer General wrote:i am just being honest, i really don't care about ranking 6-10. i barely know what the teams are. i am glad they are playing, but i don't think anyone cares what their actual placement is at the end of the tournament. they aren't playing really to be competitive anyway, they are the so-called "play for fun" teams. so not sure why anyone would get butthurt about not caring about their placement when even those teams themselves don't care about their placement.

One day TMNT Agents and Tcox will learn how to play myth so we can be as good as DEER

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Giant Killer General wrote:the truth hurts fx, but we must face it together to accept it.
I know gkg the truth hurts when nobody likes you on myth and you realize that your a total cunt in real life as well.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

lol

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”