ROFL-Ratings.com

General MWC related discussion stuff.
Asmodian

ROFL-Ratings.com

Post by Asmodian »

This is why you do not have 10 separate people from the myth 2 community rate people. There is probably only a handful of players qualified to rate people and do a somewhat accurate job of it.

according to the ratings RAMIREZ = Shaister,Gekko,Myrk,Rabican,Zer

he is also better than this whole list of players: Ska,Crc,Bone,Absolut,Kilg,Ratking,Browning,Duan,Demolition,Thalander,August,Kryptos,PK,Homer,Monty.

This list has 0 credibility, but if it makes you feel better you can refer back to these ratings when you are watching me win MWC (I would be embarrassed if I was 1 of the 10 people who made this list).

http://www.mythworldcup2013.com/player-sub-ratings

Giant Killer General

Re: ROFL-Ratings.com

Post by Giant Killer General »

Aside from that obviously major discrepancy with ramirez (more like 2.8, not 3.8), and maybe a handful of players being underrated quite a bit due to inactivity during the off season (namely Shai, Ska, Gekko, Bone, and August), an inactivity which will not matter at all by the end of mwc when the important matches come since they are always active for the tournament...besides that it is a pretty decent list. I like the decimal point accuracy. That is kind of the flaw in this rating system though since we weren't allowed to give decimal ratings and yet they appear as decimals. Those players who were inactive should be a 4, but are more likely to receive a 3 than a 5, which will weight it down below 4, when 4.0 really should be like the minimum for them. Also I just confirmed that I gave ramirez a 3, which means out of 10 ratings, only 1 other person gave him a 3, and 8 people gave him a 4. Really? Is that not a typo?

Really it won't matter anyway since I believe both captains have to agree to allow the sub anyway.

I wish paris would tell us who exactly contributed to these ratings. I know I was 1 player. Who the hell rated me 4 balls, not that I care, but that's just craziness! Paris let us know who did these, and I would be curious at looking at a few of them to see the ability of some of these guys to rate people. That would be good to know for the purpose of who to invite to these "rating councils" for future tournaments, particularly draft tournaments where these ratings really will matter a whole lot. Maybe some ratings are so bad they should be thrown out completely.

wwo

Post by wwo »

That's part of the fun!

There's still too much legacy shit going on, as opposed to what they actually contributed. Balls by association.

Giant Killer General

actually I don't see legacy shit going on at all really. If that were the case then some people will be clearly getting overrated, which isn't the case. Ramirez is the only one clearly overrated and that might be a typo because it is so blatant.

Instead I see some clear bias based on activity during the off-season and/or lack of participation in the last draft tournament, which should not matter at all. Ratings should only be based on performance from the last mwc.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Seeing general deflation and a few anomalies

reveal the 10 raters so we can laugh at them

shadow

Post by shadow »

lol Drunken
legit

btw derp, what about your top rating in SC2 (Australia)
how so - being a definition of 2 baller in MYTH and one of the top players in starcraft ?
TELL US TRUTH BROSEPH

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

shadow wrote:lol Drunken
legit

how so - being a definition of 2 baller in MYTH and one of the top players in starcraft ?
TELL US TRUTH BROSEPH
1. I dont give a fuck about rankings, enjoy the list I really dont care. I am more giving a shit about getting more players involved in MWC and attempting to win my matches when the time comes than anything else.
2. Starcraft is a basebuilding, resource managment game with micro involved. Its a completely different fucking game, Micro helps but as for conserving HP, its a secondary priority in Starcraft as you manage both Macro + Micro. Also my tourney stats are removed because it was before 2000 and now blizzard have wiped the slate clean cause of SC2 they want all the old school players to join the bandwagon for AAA gaming experience, now with this new Sharing introduction feature which is out to get even more players involved.
3. Your mistaking me for Zak, so what point is there is talking to a fucktard who cant even get usernames correct since my fucking username is Drunken *DERP* yourself

Edit; For peoples information I am not one of the people who submitted information into these stats.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Just so long as people keep underrating me, I'm happy.
Hopefully I can get Zak to continue the smear campaign for years.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I contributed to this. But I certainly was not responsible for any serious over or under ratings... pretty hilarious results for the most part though.

Giant Killer General

Here was my ratings (basically those that were traditionally mid-high-4's became 5's in my book):

GKG - 5
Adren - 5
East Wind - 5
Tirri - 5
Shaister - 4
Ska - 4
Sam - 5
Limp - 4
CRC - 3
Arzenic - 5
Dantski - 5
Karma - 4
Gekko - 4
Bone - 4
Cruniac - 4
Paris - 4
Absolut - 3
Ghengis - 5
Kilgrath - 4
Myrk - 4
Ratking - 3
Browning - 4
Rabican - 4
Kirk - 4
Chickenwire - 4
Duan - 3
Demolition - 3
Blade - 2
Thalander - 3
August - 4
Kryptos - 4
Flatline - 3
Slate - 3
Professional Killer - 3
Homer - 3
Hadiez - 2
wwo - 3
Dante - 2
Enculator - 3
Gamer - 3
Qwerty - 3
Ramirez - 3
Stormrider - 3
Captain - 3
Mark - 3
Cremisi - 3
Ksaize - 3
Valentine - 3
Muse - 3
hmp - 3
ten - 2
Asmo - 3
Sasper - 2
Rodekill - 2
RZA - 3
Head Hunter - 3
Father Xmas - 3
Sormion - 2
Alk - 3
Raper - 2
StoneCold - 2
Bronson - 3
Honkey - 3
Aki - 3
Rodeki11 - 2
Jotun - 2
Toxyn - 2
Monty - 3
Blonde - 2
Khan - 2
Verminix - 3
Truth - 2
Zak - 3
PunkUser - 2
Seeker - 2
Head Hunter - 3
Rawr - 3
Pogue - 3
Ol Dirtae - 2
GeneralX - 2
THOR - 2
Milkman - 2
Valentine - 2
Evil Jake - 2
Matty - 2
Dac - 2
Funky - 2
Pablo Escobar - 2
Arsenal - 2
Leadbelly - 1
Mike - 2
Sin - 2
Ginga - 2
terry the kid - 2
KABUKI - 2
hiropon - 2
Kao - 2
ape - 2
Scratch - 1
Renwood - 2
Empy Phil - 1
Falcon - 2
Boss - 2
Masterchief - 2
Drunken - 2
Sight - 2
Vantobia - 1
Vasazel - 1
Jahral - 1
SamTheButcher - 2
PrincePawn - 1
BlacKnight - 1
UrZooked - 2
Switch - 1
Edulus - 1
Bunny - 1
GrogMonster - 1

Admittedly, trying to decipher between some of ths 2's and 3's can get difficult, there are a lot of them and many that I haven't really played with. So there are some guesses there, but usually people don't care as much about ratings of the very bottom players anyway. I am pretty happy with the top half of the list though. I think the most questionable 4 that I made was Kryptos, who has been pretty unimpressive lately so he may be a 3. But this was before I played a bunch of games with him recently. I would be happy to defend most of these.

Let's see what the other raters put in here, post em.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

This list was harder than I thought to make... a lot of it I guess is based on activity too... some of the high 2s could be 3s if they play more... some of the high 3s could be 4s if they played more... etc.

The 5s are debatable, of course... but I needed some way to separate them from the rest, as I believe these 6 are the premier heavy hitters these days (Kirk is questionable... his activity is down and he is always playing gladiators or something retarded like that). Of course, there is not much separating them all from the high 4s... so it's a matter of personal opinion I guess.

I separated each division (except 5 and 1) by color... yellow being high, orange being low... was tempted to separate them into 3 colors for high-mid-low but that may be going overboard...

GKG
Adren
Tirri
Ghengis
East Wind
Kirk

Arzenic
Sam
Myrk
Shaister
Chickenwire

August
Cruniac
Gekko
Dantski
Limp
Rabican
Professional Killer
Kilgrath

Ska
Ratking
Verminix
Absolut
Browning
Bone
Duan
Flatline
Slate
Homer
Captain
Asmo
Monty

Dante
wwo
Ramirez
Stormrider
CRC
Demolition
Cremisi
Muse
Rodekill
Alk
Hadiez
Head Hunter
Enculator
Drunken
Evil Jake
Milk Man
Zak
Truth
Rodekill
HMP
Sin
ape
Rawr
Dac
Bronson

Ol Dirtae
Ksiaze
Valentine
GeneralX
THOR
Mark
Enculator
Sasper
Qwerty
RZA
Gamer
Honkey
Pogue
Pablo
Falcon
Matty
Arsenal
KaO
Scratch
Renwood
Nitro
Jotun

Khan
Toxyn
Seeker
Switch
PunkUser
SamTheButcher
Vantobia
Masterchief
UrZooked
Sight
Jahral
Ten
Boss
Leadbelly
Kabuki
Ginga
Terry the Kid
hiropon
ACAB
EmpyPhil
Bunny
Vasazel
Mike

Edulus
GrogMonster
PrincePawn
BlackKnight[/quote]

That was what I sent Par... I missed a few players and later sent him an update... but I don't feel like sorting through the PMs to find them, so whatever.

shadow

Post by shadow »

drunken_deer wrote:
shadow wrote:lol Drunken
legit

TELL US TRUTH BROSEPH
1. I dont give a *cruiser* about rankings, enjoy the list I really dont care. I am more giving a shit about getting more players involved in MWC and attempting to win my matches when the time comes than anything else.
2. Starcraft is a basebuilding, resource managment game with micro involved. Its a completely different fucking game, Micro helps but as for conserving HP, its a secondary priority in Starcraft as you manage both Macro + Micro. Also my tourney stats are removed because it was before 2000 and now blizzard have wiped the slate clean cause of SC2 they want all the old school players to join the bandwagon for AAA gaming experience, now with this new Sharing introduction feature which is out to get even more players involved.
3. Your mistaking me for Zak, so what point is there is talking to a fucktard who cant even get usernames correct since my fucking username is Drunken *DERP* yourself

Edit; For peoples information I am not one of the people who submitted information into these stats.

Stop lying clown, you roll on forums like a pig on a spit. Argue about at least 3 baller level.( I bet you think u are 4 )
So you challenge Asmo and me in 1 vs 1 to prove your delusional shit and of course suck dick.

You say what you was top player in sc 1 (late 90's) and top player now, in SC2 ( Aussie top)
WHY YOU LIE SO MUCH ?

And u name is Derpken "Delusional Clown" ~deer~

Sincerely yours, Jimmy Rustle.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I agree with Adren's ratings the most out of the ones posted. It's unfortunate that this survey is actually translating over to sub ratings though because there was a MAJOR flaw in doing the ratings, that being Paris converted the ratings to decimal points when (as far as I know) he did not give players the option to rate people on a decimal scale in the survey.

I'll only use one example to explain this by taking 2 players rated a 3 from Gkg's ratings that have a MASSIVE difference in skill level.

Father Xmas = 3 Absolut = 3

In reality, I bet GKG was thinking more along the lines of Father Xmas 3.0 and Abs 3.9

Honestly I don't care about the "ratings " per say in terms of where people think I am on the scale, I am more worried about the integrity of the MWC which is setting up to have a sub system that will be abused dramatically just like it was in TWS13 [There is no way I should have been rated a 6 in TWS and have been able to sub for any other player rated 6, it gave the teams that I was able to sub for a clear advantage].

shadow

Post by shadow »

Holy Bible of Mything says : Father Xmas = 2 | Absolut = 4
end of discussion.

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

shadow wrote:Father Xmas = 2 | Absolut = 4
lol if i'm a 2 then u'r a 1

Giant Killer General

well the whole discussion on the huge variability in 3 ballers has been beaten to death, i thought that was pretty obvious by now. it has nothing to do with "my" ratings, it has to do with a 5-number rating system, which everyone used.

Abs hasn't been on myth since the mwc11 finals as far as i know. in terms of value to a team, you shouldn't give him a 4 just based off of that. mwc11 finals was the absolute peak of his career where he definitely was a solid 4, but the thing is even if he did play (which he won't), he doesn't care anymore. he said as much to the Bullz after we won mwc11, and as he has shown the last 2 years, an mwc win was all he needed to retire in peace. May I also remind everyone that I was the absolute first person to give Abs a 4 rating in nml10 (or mb even mwc10), and backed him up on that. I know him well, but his care must be considered gone until he shows otherwise.

mwc ratings should be based off of the most recent mwc. if a player didn't play in the most recent mwc and hasn't played at all since then, then their rating must start declining at some point.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

My whole point is this is setting up a sub system that will be abused heavily. Why make the same mistakes in MWC that were just made in TWS?

Giant Killer General

it can't be abused, both captains have to agree to any sub that is used. these ratings are just for show / reference. par can you confirm?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Ok, If both captains have to agree on it than that is more understandable, but at that point there really is no need for an official subs system.

shadow

Post by shadow »

Father Xmas wrote:
shadow wrote:Father Xmas = 2 | Absolut = 4
lol if i'm a 2 then u'r a 1
comon xmas
you even worse than drunken

par73

Post by par73 »

Ramirez is actually 2.8, you were correct that was a typo.

Hilarious stuff guys keep it coming.

edit: ahh wait, it seems ya'll want me to look into some things.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I dunno if I ever considered Abs a 4... we played quite a few 1v1s at his peak (tourney and for the hell of it) and I don't think I ever lost a single game to him... think I 5-0'd him in the tourney. Mind you, I was probably at my 1v1 peak at the time, as well... that was that fucking tourney that never finished. Perhaps his niche was team games though... dunno really, never teamed with him much. He was a pretty solid FFAer, too.

And sorry Xmas, Shadow/Bagr/whatever the fuck he calls himself is much better than you. He's improved quite a bit and I'm 100% certain he'd roll you game after game 1v1.

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmo wrote:I agree with Adren's ratings the most out of the ones posted. It's unfortunate that this survey is actually translating over to sub ratings though because there was a MAJOR flaw in doing the ratings, that being Paris converted the ratings to decimal points when (as far as I know) he did not give players the option to rate people on a decimal scale in the survey.
For the record, someone (a single person) did in fact send me ratings with a decimal scale, but I most rounded those ones up or down. One player who's name was on the list twice actually somehow got two different ratings, a hilarious point in regards to the validity of inter-observer rating. Other players who were listed twice in the original list did not have a difference in their ratings.

Everyone rated after Spooky BMF was only rated by me and not the collection of contributors who helped with this research.

Also I didn't convert the ratings to decimal points, I averaged them together.

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmo wrote: This list has 0 credibility, but if it makes you feel better you can refer back to these ratings when you are watching me win MWC (I would be embarrassed if I was 1 of the 10 people who made this list).
You did make this list, you contributed your peronal ratings at the beginning of the MWC forums and I quietly took your ratings to contribute to this research.

This list has more credibility than you would think; then again coming from someone who has 0 credibility in every thing myth except hosting 4-team, 3-week long draft tournaments, perhaps I should not take anything you say seriously.

I will thoroughly enjoy watching you make winning MWC more difficult for GKG than Myrk will, as will we all.

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmo wrote: I'll only use one example to explain this by taking 2 players rated a 3 from Gkg's ratings that have a MASSIVE difference in skill level.

Father Xmas = 3 Absolut = 3

In reality, I bet GKG was thinking more along the lines of Father Xmas 3.0 and Abs 3.9
Well because 9 or so other people ranked father xmas and absolut differently, and uhh xmas ended up at 2.6 while abs is 3.4; I don't see any point you're trying to make here except that you don't understand how these rankings were made.

Asmo wrote:My whole point is this is setting up a sub system that will be abused heavily. Why make the same mistakes in MWC that were just made in TWS?
TWS used a different substitute/rating system ( 7-point scale or something?). It also used YOUR rankings from the summer draft tournament in 2012 with minor adjustments made by me.
Asmo wrote: Honestly I don't care about the "ratings " per say in terms of where people think I am on the scale, I am more worried about the integrity of the MWC which is setting up to have a sub system that will be abused dramatically just like it was in TWS13 [There is no way I should have been rated a 6 in TWS and have been able to sub for any other player rated 6, it gave the teams that I was able to sub for a clear advantage].
MWC uses a system that was made by a collection of 10 mythers. Toxyn couldn't install a MWC website with a fully functioning threat assessment contribution corner, so I did all of the work myself and simply asked people to volunteer. In case you didn't know, 10>2.

Here, I'll quote the rules because it seems people have trouble surfing the web to answer their questions
mythworldcup2013.com wrote:Substitute system
Basically, the substitute players are able to play for any team in this tournament with some limitations. The idea behind this system is to reduce the number of matches where one team is undermanned. These substitute players can be used to fill in roster gaps for matches like this. However, the idea is not to allow teams to increase their power level by just using substitute players, so there are certain limitations to the system. Subs are simply gap fillers, not power players.

Every player can only be registered in one team, which will be their real team, so you can't register these players on your team. The need for substitutes will be evaluated on a match by match basis. Both teams must agree to allow the use of substitute players in their match, otherwise their presence is not allowed. However, if a team is down more than 1 player, they have a right to use at least one substitute player even if the other team disagrees.

Legal Substitutes (Subs that do not require dispute or permission to use) are based on a player's ranking on a -.5 basis. For example, a player ranked 3.5 could sub for a 3.0 or a 3.2; but matches where a player ranked 3.5 subs for a 3.6 or higher or a 2.9 or lower without notified permission may be disputed in regards to match/game validity.
GiantKillerGen wrote:it can't be abused, both captains have to agree to any sub that is used. these ratings are just for show / reference. par can you confirm?
I think this part of the rules answers your question:
mythworldcup2013.com wrote:Both teams must agree to allow the use of substitute players in their match, otherwise their presence is not allowed. However, if a team is down more than 1 player, they have a right to use at least one substitute player even if the other team disagrees.

Legal Substitutes (Subs that do not require dispute or permission to use) are based on a player's ranking on a -.5 basis. For example, a player ranked 3.5 could sub for a 3.0 or a 3.2; but matches where a player ranked 3.5 subs for a 3.6 or higher or a 2.9 or lower without notified permission may be disputed in regards to match/game validity.
Asmo wrote:Ok, If both captains have to agree on it than that is more understandable, but at that point there really is no need for an official subs system.
Yeah well there's also no need for your bitching, but you insist to persist.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Wait... what? Are you saying that a team could have a better player sub for someone who didn't show up? That doesn't seem right...

Zak

Post by Zak »

adrenaline wrote:Wait... what? Are you saying that a team could have a better player sub for someone who didn't show up? That doesn't seem right...
If the substitution system is gay then the opposing team will just veto subs altogether imo

par73

Post by par73 »

adrenaline wrote:Wait... what? Are you saying that a team could have a better player sub for someone who didn't show up? That doesn't seem right...

No, its a -.5 scale.
mythworldcup2013.com wrote: Legal Substitutes (Subs that do not require dispute or permission to use) are based on a player's ranking on a -.5 basis.

For example, a player ranked 3.5 could sub for a 3.0 or a 3.2; but matches where a player ranked 3.5 subs for a 3.6 or higher or a 2.9 or lower without notified permission may be disputed in regards to match/game validity.
Basically if someone plays with a 'better' ranked player the match can be disputed with me afterwards, instead of causing a game stalling commotion that causes a match to go from an hour and a half to three hours. It is ill advised to substitute players in this way as I will not be showing mercy to those that want to break the rules.

Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Gkgs and adrens lists at a very quick glance look ok yeah.

One? person rated myself, zak and enc a 2 out of 5 to give us less than a 3 rating I'm guessing. (2.9)

ehehahahahaha own up so that we may laugh at you.

Homer

Post by Homer »

Don't think my ratings take into account the way in which I make people I play with better by showing them what not to do. Important to have people like me on a team if you want an all around better team. Case in point, failure to spacebar D units on flag or scout properly, mistakes anyone can make, but mistakes less likely to be made by others if I make them first. Having someone you know you have to pick up the slack for is going to make you play harder and smarter every time, and no one on any of these lists can bring that to their team like I can. I want my 4th ball you inconsiderate narrow minded, shits. Thanks. Will keep an eye for "edits"

dac

Post by dac »

this list baaaaaadly needs a little love from excel, needs to be ordered by team or player name or score or something. right now its a clusterfuck.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

This shit is tl;dr except Adren's list. Good use of the different colors man, reminds me of elementary school art class.

Chohan

Post by Chohan »

dac wrote:this list baaaaaadly needs a little love from excel, needs to be ordered by team or player name or score or something. right now its a clusterfuck.
My OCD was trying to physically put all the listings in numerical order.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

shadow wrote:
drunken_deer wrote:
shadow wrote:SNIP
Why are you talking to me seriously, do you think I give a shit what you think. I fucking muted you on M.Net because
your a complete fucking idiot. Do yourself a favor and shoot yourself in the head cause I am not going to justify myself
to a retard who cant even get usernames correct.

Also Xmas is 3 baller, he is such a great guy he deserves to be spoiled.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Xmas is NOT a 3 baller.

par73

Post by par73 »

dac wrote:this list baaaaaadly needs a little love from excel, needs to be ordered by team or player name or score or something. right now its a clusterfuck.

Can't repost tables into the website module sadly :(

Otherwise people would fall in love with my conditional formatting as well

shadow

Post by shadow »

Why are you talking to me seriously, do you think I give a shit what you think. I fucking muted you on M.Net because
your a complete fucking idiot. Do yourself a favor and shoot yourself in the head cause I am not going to justify myself
to a retard who cant even get usernames correct.

Also Xmas is 3 baller, he is such a great guy he deserves to be spoiled.
pathetic mad clown drunken
can you answer the questions ?

also
I have no idea how someone can give xmas 3 balls.
For me, he is definition of 2 ball player. Bad one, who doesn't improved through years.

Captain

Post by Captain »

How are these ratings based?

1v1, team play, overall play?

I for one would rate myself at a 2 for 1v1, but for team play team games I would rate myself a 4.

overall I would be a 3

JUst curious what everyone thinks.

Giant Killer General

obviously ratings are specific to the tournament. why would you give everyone ratings based on 1v1 for mwc and vice versa for a 1v1 tournament?

yur a flat 3 for team play, as your rating by 10 different people very much suggests.

Captain

Post by Captain »

Because when reading this thread I see a lot of

He is a 4 he is a 3, the 3 would crush the 4 1v1.

Only reason I brought it up there is no need to sound like that at all.

I am glad you think I am a 3, I beg to differ and believe I am a 4. I haven't played in a year or so I don't mind people rank me lower, every year they do and I seem to do just fine in MWC's since I played in them.

Giant Killer General

where was there a lot of talk about 1v1?

adren was the only one to make a comment about someone's (abs) 1v1 ability when trying to rate them for mwc.

which yea, was a pretty ignorant comment, which can just be ignored, because that's just adren. 1 comment is not a lot though.

if you don't mind being ranked lower, then you can stop saying how you think you are a 4, so you don't sound so delusional. blow some people's minds with yur play this mwc then mb you'll get there.

Captain

Post by Captain »

I was just stating my opinion is all, I don't mind either way what people think

I am not trying to sound delusional or trying to sound like I am mad about my ranking....

Was just curious what people thought about that

I blow peoples mind every time I play:)

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

lol fuck you gkg :lol:

1v1 DOES have something to do with 2team play, regardless of what you idiots say. OBVIOUSLY it's not all that matters, but 1v1 prowess says a lot about a players micro and clicking abilities, at the very least (commonly known as BC skill). Yes, you need the other intangibles, like game/map awareness, working together with teammates, communication and all that for 2team play, as well... but take a mediocre team/1v1 player... make him much better at 1v1, and I guarantee you will see big improvements in his 2team abilities as well. Realize that all 2team games are not 8v8... often 6v6 5v5 4v4 etc... sometimes this means a player will have to take a larger force, i.e. a mixed squad. Sharp micro skills developed through 1v1 will clearly give that player an advantage over another play who is only used to getting 1-2 unit types in a game, and suddenly is stuck with 3-4.

So sure, maybe ABS was a low-4 with something like trow, or mellee/fetch, warrs/bows.... but I honestly don't think he'd make the cut as a 4 with a large mixed squad, i.e warrs/bows/dorf/ghols... and I feel I can safely base that assertion on the fact that I rolled him 1v1 on maps having that same basic unit set, over and over. So ya... I'd still rate him a high 3 because he is, or was, definitely a really good player... just not quite 4. For sure if he kept playing, he'd easily be a 4 now... he was one of the quickest improving mythers around.

p.s. Captain was fucking solid for NC last year. Just need to give that man the right units :D

Giant Killer General

I never said 1v1 didn't matter in 2 team play. But if someone is good at 2 team play, then they are good at 2 team play. You can't take someone that is already established as good at 2 team play, then try to 1v1 them and if they happen to suck at that because they never play it, then try to say that somehow diminishes their 2 team ability.

Abs fucking wrecked your team in the mwc11 finals, he may have had the best ratios of the whole match, he was certainly up there at least. He certainly well outperformed you that match, which was the last time he played.

The only non-4 baller the Bullz had in mwc11 was Honkey, who didn't even play in the finals. Bullz was the most stacked team in history as evidenced by the result of the finals. You don't pull off a near sweep in a mwc finals 7 game series with 3 ballers.

a 4 baller doesn't need to be great with large mixed squads. If a player was great with everything then they would probably be 5 balls, not 4. If I can give a player a small squad of 2-3 unit types and they can do everything absolutely perfectly with that consistently game after game, then they can be 4 balls.
adrenaline wrote:p.s. Captain was fucking solid for NC last year. Just need to give that man the right units :D
Just need to give him the right units you say?

the irony is strong.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Just pointing out that he was solid... didn't mention anything about a rating. I rated him as 3, regardless.

And performing well in a match is largely correlated with the teammates you are surrounded by. Pretty easy to perform well when you already have a decisive advantage in a game. Abs certainly wasn't a gamechanger, like Ghengis was in that match.

And the results in the finals was hillus anyways... just very bad strat matchups on our parts. It's not that we were out played... just out traded lol. We didn't have dorfs when we needed dorfs, didn't have mellee when we needed mellee, etc. We were never known for using conventional unit trades. We pretty much always tried to do something different or interesting... just so happened that you were well prepared for that and traded well. Honestly I don't know what the fuck we were thinking with half those strats... doesn't take a genius to realize you'd go rush-heavy every game lol.

Captain

Post by Captain »

I feel I performed great on all the maps/games, mostly was 1 or 2 top dmg/ratios on the game

I had everything from dwarves to archers to puss to melee to fetch to everything, seemed to do fine in every game.

Giant Killer General

while there is certainly some merit to what you say, no one on my team needed to be "game changers", they just needed to be rock solid, which is what they did and all that a 4 baller needs. and ghengis was clearly 5, that was his peak, so you can't even compare him to abs as an argument for why abs wasn't 4.

captain, there is no way you were mostly 1 or 2 top dmg/ratios in those games. your team got crushed. I actually don't even remember for sure if you were on NC that year, which says something about your role in that match.

Captain

Post by Captain »

I will check if I got some films from last year....

But quite sure I was high up there a lot of the time

I was just looking at your rankings

Sam - 5------
Limp - 4-----
Karma - 4-------------
Bone - 4---------------
Cruniac - 4------------
Kilgrath - 4---------
Browning - 4------------
Chickenwire - 4-----------
August - 4-----------
Kryptos - 4---------

These are players I feel I am better than or at the very least equal to

Granted I have not seen these people play in the last year, but just saying when in a team game and I come across these people I win more then 70% of the time.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

cap wasn't on our team in 2011... he was on our team last year.

Giant Killer General

well further proof that captain doesn't know wtf he's talking about since he is trying to weigh in talking about a completely different match.

captain, you already said you don't care that people don't consider you 4 balls, yet here you still are, going on and on and on about it. seems like you care quite a lot about it bro.

Try 1v1ing sam sometime (when he isn't high as fuck), I assure you he will fucking destroy you. how can you even say you would beat those players 1v1 when matched up against them in a team game, but yet admit that you are 2 balls in 1v1? wtf, that doesn't make any sense.

Look at you, yur fucking crazy man. even adren rates you 3 balls, and he has played a couple tournies with you now, give it up man. I honestly just can't even remember playing you at all in tourney matches, you have just been so insignificant.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”