Asmo's ratings - MWC edition

General MWC related discussion stuff.
Giant Killer General

Re: Asmo's ratings - MWC edition

Post by Giant Killer General »

i think this thread is even further proof that tirri does indeed care...a lot.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

So anyway is sam really considered a better player than arzenic? If so, why? I'm curious.

limp

Post by limp »

extreme activity > inactivity

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Arz is not inactive... He is actually probably one of the more active players.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Sure but sam has still played 5x as many games over the last few months. Also he was dominating people in MFC... I think his rating is well-deserved.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Sam is a more aggressive player than Arz... better BC ability in my opinion. Arz is definitely very solid, consistent as hell, and probably a better overall awareness... I don't really ever see him fuck up. So basically, Sam is more heavy hitter material, and Arz is more like THE guy you want in a supporting, yet critical role. 2 very different players, I'd say.

par73

Post by par73 »

Cutard wrote: I don't know why I typed all of that.
My favorite part of the thread thus far

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:Sam is a more aggressive player than Arz... better BC ability in my opinion. Arz is definitely very solid, consistent as hell, and probably a better overall awareness... I don't really ever see him fuck up. So basically, Sam is more heavy hitter material, and Arz is more like THE guy you want in a supporting, yet critical role. 2 very different players, I'd say.
Yeah nothing against Arz, both are very good players. Since they are different though I think it'd be hard to definitively dispute one subbing for the other as unfair. In any case it would be hard to complain about sam's performance in the recent match.

dac

Post by dac »

whats funny is the strats were tailored specifically with having sam in mind, since we knew arze would be away doing whatever finnish people do. we put sam in the best position to have a good match and whaddya know!

tirri

Post by tirri »

Giant Killer General wrote:i think this thread is even further proof that tirri does indeed care...a lot.
Thats hillus coming from a guy who is first fallback abusing and then trying to sneak one of the very best players as a sub.
dac wrote:whats funny is the strats were tailored specifically with having sam in mind, since we knew arze would be away doing whatever finnish people do. we put sam in the best position to have a good match and whaddya know!
Thats exactly the problem. Sam is like a top 5 player right now so you just pick the best possible sub and then go ahead and tailor your strats to him and he basically alone rapes tmns. Does this sound right to you, which team was it that actually beat us?? You arent supposed to be able to do that with subs. I think its perfectly reasonable that you can replace a 5 baller with a 4 and so on. Oh, you didnt want to replace arz with a 3 baller like the rules would have said? Big surprise

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Meh, any sub system based on arbitrary feelings about ratings is flawed from the get go. Either no subs or just a cap on how many. Really, you can't bitch about a single sub compared to what has been the norm in the rest of the tournament. I'd personally favor the no subs rule system in the future... but whatever.

tirri

Post by tirri »

punkUser wrote:In the same was as its the opposing captain's responsibility to ensure that all of the players are using the correct accounts, it's a similar responsibility to check subs. If you had an issue you should have voiced it at the time.
Umm this is a pretty bad example because if a team has been found dummying after the match, it will get penalized and it makes no difference if the opposing team captain checked logins before the match or not

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

tirri wrote: Umm this is a pretty bad example because if a team has been found dummying after the match, it will get penalized and it makes no difference if the opposing team captain checked logins before the match or not
Uhh, no that'd only be the case if it was a legitimate dummy that the host couldn't tell from ingame. If someone is just being a dumbass and not even paying attention to the opposing team roster at all, pretty sure they just get lolz from the forums...

This is really nothing more than a typical post-excuse. Everyone knew sam was in the game and had they not lost the match there wouldn't even be a conversation here. Move along.

Flatline

Post by Flatline »

GKG's nuts must be bruised by the amount of riding they receive.

tirri

Post by tirri »

punkUser wrote:Meh, any sub system based on arbitrary feelings about ratings is flawed from the get go. Either no subs or just a cap on how many. Really, you can't bitch about a single sub compared to what has been the norm in the rest of the tournament. I'd personally favor the no subs rule system in the future... but whatever.
You seem to leaving out the fact that Paris changed the sub rules for de for the precise reason that the de rounds would have more integrity and you couldnt just take some teams best player. So you comparing this situation to the tournaments norm previously seems rather silly

par73

Post by par73 »

yeah that is pretty much why I changed the sub ratings but still some people gotta cheat just for a win

anyway, tmns allowing sam to play (that did happen right? I'm not really sure) kind of lets tmnt get away with cheating; but i doubt tmns will be so kind in the future.

Giant Killer General

Flatline wrote:GKG's nuts must be bruised by the amount of riding they receive.
They are a bit overworked at the moment, I'll admit.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

probably just menstrual cramps. take a midol and lay low for a few days.

tirri

Post by tirri »

par73 wrote:anyway, tmns allowing sam to play (that did happen right? I'm not really sure) kind of lets tmnt get away with cheating; but i doubt tmns will be so kind in the future.
I did tell Sam and the whole lobby before the match that he cant sub for tmnt. Im sure there are people here who remember it since the lobby was really full. Sadly I dont think other tmns people knew about the rule so I guess the cheaters dont get punished this time, sigh. Well its obvious we will use some interesting subs if we meet them again and wont care about tmnts input

As for asmo calling me a liar for joining the game and not saying anything, here is a short story about daddy tirris life.

The time is 9:10 pm and my daughter isnt sleeping yet. I join the game and my daughter jumps on my lap excitedly and wants to watch cartoons. We have to wake up at 4am to go to the airport. This means about 6,5 hours of sleep for the 2 year old and then we are at a completely new and exiting place at 5am. This is literally a running screaming mini rocket time bomb waiting to happen and I will have slept about 4-5 hours and will have to run after her for hours.

So will daddy tirri
A) politely start asking the opponent if Sam is going to play for them and try to explain them the rules (one of the opponent players is a TO btw) and then play in the match
B) politely keep on controlling the situation till all rules are followed and then go to bed without playing in the match
C) say fuck it and try to put daughter to bed on then go to sleep. Keep in mind I had already told the whole lobby that Sam cant play.

Giant Killer General

thanks for the info adren, your expertise on remedies for menstrual cramps is impressive and greatly appreciated.

Giant Killer General

ah tirri wrote another 3 paragraphs of non-care, the tears haven't ended with him yet.

Clearly we should have followed the rules to the letter, and just not used any subs and let TMNS be down a player and played them with our 6 vs their 5, instead of their 8 vs our 7 that we allowed them to have for most of the match (a player advantage for them instead).

Clearly offering twice to play next weekend instead of the current one was fallback abuse. Even further offering it at the time of the match when they half-showed. Not once was a forfeit threatened. Not once was a sub denied to play for their team.

Quite frankly, that team of subs they had is better than their normal roster. Maybe some people are forgetting that we beat TMNS already without using any subs, so to say we aren't capable of it is quite amusing. I know tirri remembers that match, he cost his team the match by getting his 3 trow dominated by my 1 trow and 6 melee. Must have been traumatizing for him for sure, which is probably what is causing this outlash with him now.

toodles.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I know it's probably just the hormones talking, but you need to calm down, Martha.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

So what have we learned today?

1. Raising no objection whatsoever to a particular action (Sam subbing for Arzenic) before and during the match, then calling the other team cheaters and trying to get them DQed after you lose is perfectly ok
2. Playing 8v7 if the other team doesn't notice is fine, and cannot be used as a reason to DQ the other team post-loss
3. Having a team full of subs that add up to a better on-paper team than your actual roster, including giving one of your subs (Ghengis) trowing duty every game, is ok, however having 1 player of the same skill level as the person he's replacing sub for him and take 4th-tier units is not
3. Sam is rated 4.2 and Arzenic 4.1 on the sub scale, therefore replacing Sam as a sub for Arz made TMNT overpowered and unbeatable
4. Not rescheduling to a time when your own players can't show up and the other team would outnumber you means you are fallback fucking the other team
5. Asmo created the most successful multi-layered troll thread of this MWC

Captain

Post by Captain »

Myrk wrote:So what have we learned today?

1. Raising no objection whatsoever to a particular action (Sam subbing for Arzenic) before and during the match, then calling the other team cheaters and trying to get them DQed after you lose is perfectly ok
2. Playing 8v7 if the other team doesn't notice is fine, and cannot be used as a reason to DQ the other team post-loss
3. Having a team full of subs that add up to a better on-paper team than your actual roster, including giving one of your subs (Ghengis) trowing duty every game, is ok, however having 1 player of the same skill level as the person he's replacing sub for him and take 4th-tier units is not
3. Sam is rated 4.2 and Arzenic 4.1 on the sub scale, therefore replacing Sam as a sub for Arz made TMNT overpowered and unbeatable
4. Not rescheduling to a time when your own players can't show up and the other team would outnumber you means you are fallback fucking the other team
5. Asmo created the most successful multi-layered troll thread of this MWC
1. I don't know who actually said anything about it but oh well.
2. You guys noticed, don't pretend you didn't notice.
3. If you actually think the team was better then you are smoking crack.
4. We are just saying the fallback sucked for us which it obviously did.
5. Asmo is probably the most retarded person on this game.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

As for asmo calling me a liar for joining the game and not saying anything, here is a short story about daddy tirris life.

The time is 9:10 pm and my daughter isnt sleeping yet. I join the game and my daughter jumps on my lap excitedly and wants to watch cartoons. We have to wake up at 4am to go to the airport. This means about 6,5 hours of sleep for the 2 year old and then we are at a completely new and exiting place at 5am. This is literally a running screaming mini rocket time bomb waiting to happen and I will have slept about 4-5 hours and will have to run after her for hours.

So will daddy tirri
A) politely start asking the opponent if Sam is going to play for them and try to explain them the rules (one of the opponent players is a TO btw) and then play in the match
B) politely keep on controlling the situation till all rules are followed and then go to bed without playing in the match
C) say fuck it and try to put daughter to bed on then go to sleep. Keep in mind I had already told the whole lobby that Sam cant play.
Honestly, I have respect for you that you have your priorities in order as far as I can tell and I hope your family had a good time, but it would have taken you a total of 3 seconds to make your team aware of the situation and allowed them to deal with it if it was a honest issue that sam was subbing. Telling the lobby does not help at all, again tell your team which would take seconds if you were concerned.

I am living with 4 nephews ages 6 and younger and every time I game they are hanging on my arms or trying to touch the keyboard and this happened a number of times during the games. You are not the only one in a situation that has young kids around.

Also you keep on ignoring the fact that your team abused the rules in that same games. Seems like the only reasonable thing to do would be to cancel out both offenses or to punish both teams

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

judging by the stats, having cremisi and slate both sub for us in the same game did nothing but put us at a disadvantage.

East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

I really doubt guys like ad, shai, flat, capt etc would take a "win" on those terms. Actually cap I noticed you had 8 players in like game 3.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

99% sure that tirri is just trolling :D

East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

heh - btw copping 4 season of arrested development finally

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:99% sure that tirri is just trolling :D
Yeah pretty much heh. He's taking the high road on a 4.2 for 4.1 sub now when he subbed for ULMS happily the week before... definitely a very principled person ;) And yes, that was long after the new sub rules were in place as well.

But yeah, screw subs in general. If you can't get your team to show up you should be penalized by playing with fewer players frankly.

Also Asmo you deserve some sort of props for another 14 page thread here...

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

be patient with season 4 ew... it starts off kinda slow but gets better and better as it goes along.

par73

Post by par73 »

Myrk wrote: 5. Asmo created the most successful multi-layered troll thread of this MWC
incorrect, he only had about 4 pages before i got the ball rolling ;)

East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

yeah exactly what a friend said ad

East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

East Wind tmnt wrote:paris is a genius

yeah that's why I said that o:

par73

Post by par73 »

ew recognizes genius, and he's a doctor.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

and par needs a new proctologist

Chohan

Post by Chohan »

So much mad. If your team is the best just win the tournament doesn't matter what route you take.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

par73 wrote:
Myrk wrote: 5. Asmo created the most successful multi-layered troll thread of this MWC
Well trolled sir

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Myrk wrote:
par73 wrote:
Well trolled sir
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs[/youtube]

noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

If anything TMNS cheated. I'm miles better than tirri

tirri

Post by tirri »

punkUser wrote:
Yeah pretty much heh. He's taking the high road on a 4.2 for 4.1 sub now when he subbed for ULMS happily the week before... definitely a very principled person ;) And yes, that was long after the new sub rules were in place as well.

But yeah, screw subs in general. If you can't get your team to show up you should be penalized by playing with fewer players frankly.

Also Asmo you deserve some sort of props for another 14 page thread here...
This is completely different as ghengis and homer would welcome me in any game. We are like the 3 myth brothers

Does this server keep chat logs btw. It will be easy to check how I deny Sam subbance privileges while Sam and gkg are both chatting away in the lobby

samuel

Post by samuel »

I'm so popular this tournament

Tirri - still mad he got dom'd by me

East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

noblesteed wrote:If anything TMNS cheated. I'm miles better than tirri

Ya your sub rating is gei

East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

samuel wrote:I'm so popular this tournament

Tirri - still mad he got dom'd by me

nah you're the fat chick sam, it was last call doe

Giant Killer General

Nope, he's still going at it. He really is as big of a bitch as we all thought he was.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2013”