finals maps (poll)

General discussion forum for TWS2013

What do you say?

Poll ended at 15 Apr 2013, 19:11

Total votes: 0

par73

finals maps (poll)

Post by par73 »

is it fair to put in an abundance of newly released maps, or should the finals remain the epitome of a classic myth match?

punkUser

Re: finals maps (poll)

Post by punkUser »

Voted new maps for variety but I'd say a mix (50/50ish).

wwo

Post by wwo »

Half & half sounds good. Part of TWS's appeal is that it's not ultra-serious, so flawed maps aren't such a point of contention.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Given that we have crun and dantski I demand at least 1 ww2 and 1 fetchball game.

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

In that case, let's get some gfgg up in this bitch.

Penlord

Post by Penlord »

Some of you guys know how opinionated I can be, and that I always bring a fresh thought to the myth scene.
it's VieForPower, Dround, EatShroomsBro, IcUtMyTEeTh, DefenseCommander, Yes, No (not NO_ALL), and maybe one or two more I've forgotten by now. just so you know who the fuck is talking (language?) some of you may also know I'm a physicist.

so let me just say this... The fresher the map, the longer the planning time... you introduce two variables to a constant.

The constant is the skill of the players. That will never change. Their abilities at Myth are static regardless of the playing field.

What changes is what is in their own mind as constant --> scenery, hills, fighting locations. If NO TEAM gets to practice on a map before it's used in the tournament, you essentially create an equal playing field for all players. Every captain gets to show off his skills (what kinda map is this, which units do I need, think fast!) while every player is, regardless of skill, undecided on where to go or defend. The result is a raw, chaotic, and myth-original show of skill between the players.

What you essentially do by introducing brand-spanking-new maps is no different than moving a giant log into the obstacle course at midnight while everyone's sleeping and by day time, you've guaranteed yourself the ability to weed out any players who can't make ends meet on brand new maps. You also make it easier for half year old/new players to participate in the tournament with the pros, because everyone's just as new to the scene as they are.

Really I'd recommend a brand spanking new nobody'sallowedtoplaythisshit-untilthetourneystarts map every time you're hosting a large 2t showdown for rank-sake.

Whether that's the finals, semi-finals, or whodafuk.

grim

Post by grim »

Penlord wrote:Some of you guys know how opinionated I can be, and that I always bring a fresh thought to the myth scene.
it's VieForPower, Dround, EatShroomsBro, IcUtMyTEeTh, DefenseCommander, Yes, No (not NO_ALL), and maybe one or two more I've forgotten by now. just so you know who the *cruiser* is talking (language?) some of you may also know I'm a physicist.

so let me just say this... The fresher the map, the longer the planning time... you introduce two variables to a constant.

The constant is the skill of the players. That will never change. Their abilities at Myth are static regardless of the playing field.

What changes is what is in their own mind as constant --> scenery, hills, fighting locations. If NO TEAM gets to practice on a map before it's used in the tournament, you essentially create an equal playing field for all players. Every captain gets to show off his skills (what kinda map is this, which units do I need, think fast!) while every player is, regardless of skill, undecided on where to go or defend. The result is a raw, chaotic, and myth-original show of skill between the players.

What you essentially do by introducing brand-spanking-new maps is no different than moving a giant log into the obstacle course at midnight while everyone's sleeping and by day time, you've guaranteed yourself the ability to weed out any players who can't make ends meet on brand new maps. You also make it easier for half year old/new players to participate in the tournament with the pros, because everyone's just as new to the scene as they are.

Really I'd recommend a brand spanking new nobody'sallowedtoplaythisshit-untilthetourneystarts map every time you're hosting a large 2t showdown for rank-sake.

Whether that's the finals, semi-finals, or whodafuk.
What in the fucking shit?

dac

Post by dac »

and with this poll i am once again reminded this is a paris tournament.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

New maps that are actually good would be fine, however I doubt there are any.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

post the finals maps already.

par73

Post by par73 »

i like what this thread has done for the myth community

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

dac wrote:and with this poll i am once again reminded this is a paris tournament.
Looool.

Return to “The Winter Series 2013”