WWIV Mini Tournament Sunday 3 EDT

General discussion forum for TWS2013
Zak

WWIV Mini Tournament Sunday 3 EDT

Post by Zak »

I'll be hosting a ww4 mini-tournament this sunday. I just uploaded it to the tain and it is waiting approval.

If you can't wait and want to play the plugin NOW, here is a link: http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 0Final.zip

This will be a show and play style tournament, allowing a maximum of 16 participants.

Players will receive 3 points for getting first place, 2 points for second place, 1 point for third place, and whoever gets most damage that game will receive an additional .5 points.

The units are new and exciting, let me explain how they work. You start out unarmed, with 1 heal. The only time you can heal is when unarmed. You pick up a gun, it has limited ammo, unless its the shock staff.

To go back to unarmed you need to hit the "i" key, then the "zero" key on your number list. You are now unarmed again and can heal! To drop that gun you picked up, just hit "i", then "one", and hold down "shift" and "i" at the same time!

There is an important dynamic you need to understand to the weapons. The shock staff will kill anything it hits on the first strike. That makes it tempting to rush. To counter the shock staff rush, heal the guy rushing you and use your own shock staff, or use the flamethrower, skrillex rail gun, or disentigrator weapons.

Another powerful weapon is the skrillex gun. It will hold a target in place when it can lock onto them at close range. If you have been locked on at a close range, it is unlikely you will escape from this weapon. However if you can get away from it before it can hold you down, the weapon becomes useless. Another reason to maintain distance from your opponent!

There is also some weapons that utilize the old school ww2 zook feature. If you pick up the nuke, or the carpet mortar, you can shoot that straight ahead by "t" clicking yourself. However if you shoot it normally, it will go twice the distance that you originally targeted.

This is the Quake of Myth.

Professional Killer

Re: WWIV Mini Tournament Sunday 3 EDT

Post by Professional Killer »

WW2. Gaycrunhomurahomo will win this!

Zak

Post by Zak »

PK2013 wrote:WW2. Gaycrunhomurahomo will win this!
This is not ww2, its ww4, and since nobody is good at it, the playing field is level!

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Played of few games of this the other day, was actually pretty fun in an acade-style kinda way.

Really should be called something Marathon related though.

Return to “The Winter Series 2013”