players need a veto option

General discussion forum for TWS2013
wwo

players need a veto option

Post by wwo »

Without getting into specifics, players need to be able to block being drafted by at least one captain. Perhaps I'm the only one that would chafe under certain captains' "leadership", but I'd rather not play than be forced into the yoke of someone I have no respect for.

dac

Re: players need a veto option

Post by dac »

this!

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

There doesn't need to be a rule about it, just say so and so cap is a douche bag and they will get the point to not draft you.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I thought about this, too.

Maybe there can be a public vote on which players should be made captains out of the pool of volunteers, thus hopefully eliminating any major potential issues in the draft process. That might not totally prevent the possibility that you'll wind up with someone that doesn't want to play you, or who you don't want to play with, but it might help some. I thought the point, though, with a draft style tournament is that players have to try to work together to win, even if there is enmity between them. That makes the games more interesting, and possibly more rewarding.

But I agree that it's not worth losing players over.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Make sure to cater to crybabywhiners who hold no respect for the format of the tournament.
Bitches please! If you can not man up and play for somebody you dislike then dont sign up for the tourny.

I dont think highly of a few people, but when I end up on their teams in random or rabble games, I shut up and follow orders and try to do my best to help the captain's plan and vision result in a win.

Ya big babies!

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

it is kind of unfortunate people have issues like this, yea. I can only think of 2-3 players i absolutely wouldn't want to play with, and none of them are active anymore.

If it is an issue for some people, just be vocal about who you would really rather not be captained by or be on a team with. if you are too scared to be say it because you are afraid of hurting someone's feelings, then too bad for you.

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmo wrote:There doesn't need to be a rule about it, just say so and so cap is a douche bag and they will get the point to not draft you.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Not everyone can be on my team :(

Return to “The Winter Series 2013”