People making maps for TWS13

General discussion forum for TWS2013
par73

People making maps for TWS13

Post by par73 »

Hey I've heard of a few individuals or groups who were putting together some maps for TWS13.
Here's the scoop:

I would like to see all of these ideas and creations presesnted during the QRs (but not to be used in them). Please spend as much time working to get a near-finished product as possible, so they can be tested properly and have any major issues resolved in case they are used.

Get your work done and after evaluation we can possibly use some of these maps in the tournament.

Any concerns, comments or questions, post em here.

Zak

Re: People making maps for TWS13

Post by Zak »

I am concerned that the maps I created for this TWS will not be given a fair shake:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/tosm-mwc

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/f ... ur-starter

Please present to me any concerns you have about using these maps

par73

Post by par73 »

zak -
tosm's pregame are all saying they are the TOSM light version, could u make one for dark (caer dark) and grilling grounds (shadow/trow)

forsgarach's general map has something called a 'pain enforcer', not sure what this is, it isn't tradable, and needs to gtfo the map

the forsgarach light map is arguably not-so-light
wtf brigs :(

everything else seems to be ok at the moment.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Okay I'll make those changes.

Zak

Post by Zak »

par73 wrote:zak -
tosm's pregame are all saying they are the TOSM light version, could u make one for dark (caer dark) and grilling grounds (shadow/trow)

forsgarach's general map has something called a 'pain enforcer', not sure what this is, it isn't tradable, and needs to gtfo the map

the forsgarach light map is arguably not-so-light
wtf brigs :(

everything else seems to be ok at the moment.

Wait a second, lets talk about fosgarach. The light map has stygs, brigands, thrall, jmen, ghols, dwarves, and archers. Brigands are exactly like warriors. Demise on the plains is a light map with brigands. I can understand that its annoying to have brigands instead of warriors, but I don't think it calls for a new version of this plugin!

The pain enforcer, yes is ridiculous and not reg. I didn't intend for that map to be used in a tournament, which is why there are generals, dwarf heroes, and dwarf mortars. The map is already ridiculous! People don't like hvergpalooza but you still see hvergelmir getting played, thats all I'm saying.

I can still make those changes if you'll put the plugin in MWC, I just don't think it will make a difference. I do think I should probably edit the dark mesh so that its less rushy, since it has ghols, wights, herons, myrks, and bres, with the only artillery options being 4 warlocks and 2 fetch. Maybe not, since badlands seems pretty fun with just 2 warlocks and way more rushy units!

I'm going to start working on the TOSM plugin. So all you want is the pregame to say dark? Whats grilling grounds (shadow)? Do you mean the one with the myrk giant on it?

Return to “The Winter Series 2013”