The Winter Series 2013

General discussion forum for TWS2013
par73

The Winter Series 2013

Post by par73 »

Hello Myth Community
It is the end of the winter season and you know what that means! Time for the winter series. har har.

This year TWS will be featuring a draft tournament, based on a Qualifying Round - Double Elimination tournament. This will be a team tournament, and the emphasis is on team play, cooperating and learning from each other. Consider this the pre-season for the Myth World Cup.

Players will be organized into Categories: Captains, Draftees, and Subs

Captains -
The draft will consist of 4 to 6 captains taking turns selecting draftee players until all draftee players have been chosen.
Each captain is a volunteer, all volunteers will be evaluated and will be asked to show up on draft day to pick their team with the other captains. Draft day will be a coordinated experience by the captains, so activity or ability to keep up to date on the tournament is suggested. Anyone who is interested in volunteering to be a captain please post in this thread! Thank you.

Draftees -
Draftees are volunteers who would like to participate in the tournament and be drafted onto a specific roster. You can sign up for the draft here. You can register for the draft by posting here.It is highly suggested you sign up as a draftee instead of a substitute if you are interested in participating, as this will reserve your spot to play each weekend.

Substitutes -
Substitutes are volunteers who are available during scheduled days or times and are essentially ringers for any team. These substitutes may only play if their personal power ranking is equal to or less than a team's absent draftee or captain. It is highly suggested you sign up as a draftee instead of a substitute if you are interested in participating, as this will reserve your spot to play each weekend.

How will this tournament work?

We will have 4-6 teams. Each team will be drafted by designated captains in a "kickball" style draft. Each team will play will play each other once and the two teams with the highest score will play each other in the final following their last match on week 3. The 3rd and 4th highest score will play each other for 3rd place.

If the finals end in a tie, we will have a sudden death round where a team has to win two games in a row to be the champion. Both teams will be able to take turns in picking which maps to play. These maps must be maps that were used previously in the tournament. The first place team going into the finals gets the first pick.

"Substitute System

Every player that is drafted will be rated (on a scale from 1-10) by the team captains prior to the draft. Each team will be allowed substitutes if they are missing players so that the matches can be 7vs7. There is some restrictions regarding substitues listed below.

1. If you have other players online from your team they may not be benched for a sub.

2. Each sub (every myth 2 player) will be rated (by a TO) on the spot that wants to sub. The sub can only replace a player missing with = or lower rating to the team member that is missing.

Ex: If Team A has Player x missing that is rated a 9 then they can replace player x with a sub that is rated a 9 or lower, they may not use a sub that is rated 10.

3. Each team must allow the other team subs so that the matches can all be 7vs7"
- Myth2Hazah Tournament (2012)

The Draft (Kickball) - 1 Day.
The draft will be in "kickball" format. Each captain will have their draft order chosen at random. The last captain to pick during each draft round will be the first to pick the following round, and the draft order will invert, vice to versa. At the end of this process, rosters will be finalized.

Competitive Seeding (Qualifying Round) n Weeks [n=# of teams-1]
After the draft, teams will play each other week by week in order to determine their seeding for the finale of the tournament. Each team will play each other once. After this round, Eliminations take place.

Finals (Single Elimination) 1 to 2 Days.
Finals weekend will most likely take place during one weekend, but has the possibility of taking place during two. The seeding determined by results from the Qualifying Round will schedule teams to play each other. Each match will consist of 5 games. The finals match will consist of 7 games.
"If the finals end in a tie, we will have a sudden death round where a team has to win two games in a row to be the champion. Both teams will be able to take turns in picking which maps to play. These maps must be maps that were used previously in the tournament. The first place team going into the finals gets the first pick." - Myth2Hazah Tournament

When will the tournament start? The tournament will start on March 3rd. Teams will be drafted -some time before that-.

Other Miscellaneous Rules-

"Do not have veteran units enabled in a tournament game. Do have unit trading enabled unless the game is specified as NUT. You need at least two players present to actually play your match. The player cap for games is 8 per team this year, but if the other team has less than 8 players present you are only allowed to play with 7 players.

Observers are not allowed to talk after the planning time is over. Even during the planning time observers are not allowed to give advices or discuss strategy or stuff like that.

Scoring will work like this:

Victory is worth 3 points.
A tie is worth 1 points.
A loss is worth 0 points.

Using glitches and other questionable antics to win your games is not allowed. Notable examples of these are blowing the balls into positions where people can't reach them with the units available in the map and sinking units into positions where they are 'unable to be attacked' [sic] (doesn't include undead units obviously)." - Myth2Hazah Tournament (2012)

Ratking

Re: The Winter Series 2013

Post by Ratking »

Reining draft champ checking in.

Would prefer to just play... But will cap if needed

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

When does it start? I'm theoretically getting decent internet again in 1-3 weeks... if I have it in time, I'd love to participate.

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Just to make it easier to refer to in the future par, that picking order is commonly known as a snakepick.

Also will captain if not enough people volunteer.

Are all the matches meant to be on sundays at the same time or are the captains expected to schedule?

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Drunken here signing up for a party. Please note that a lot of my deer buddies (about 8-10) have been asking for a commencement date and Ill need to get back to them a.s.a.p

par73

Post by par73 »

Dantski wrote:Just to make it easier to refer to in the future par, that picking order is commonly known as a snakepick.

Also will captain if not enough people volunteer.

Are all the matches meant to be on sundays at the same time or are the captains expected to schedule?

Essentially we're looking at all matches meant to be played on Sunday, circa 2pm, 3pm, 4pm fallback

par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:When does it start? I'm theoretically getting decent internet again in 1-3 weeks... if I have it in time, I'd love to participate.

the start date is looking at March 3rd. you should sign up P-U

par73

Post by par73 »

So far we've got about 20 people interested and involved, spread the word if we can get another 20 it would be amazing

Gekko

Post by Gekko »

Sign me up!

PKNorway

Post by PKNorway »

Par <3

Im in.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

If Renwood is signing up and going to post more films of his super skills sign me up.

zagon667

Post by zagon667 »

This tournament always makes me sad. What about Aussies and Kiwis and Brazillians? It's not winter for them GDI.

How about we call this one the "Australian Summertime Series"?

par73

Post by par73 »

ASS... I see where you're going there

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

I like ASS, oh shit I mean what ?

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

The Champ is checking in.

Par asked me to field a team.
The Peach Shall Lead Them.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Par, did you ask to get a blue bar announcement on marius?

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

do not let Renwood captain a team... seriously.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

you just know I will pick your slutty ass adren.

I will pick you, and give you just Breunor on every map that has them.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I don't know for sure but I can probably fill in as a captain if it's needed.

Homer

Post by Homer »

I'll cap if no one else wants me to.

Return to “The Winter Series 2013”