WEEK 4 SCHEDULING (JUNE 24-25) ROFLMAZZERS VS. BERSERKERS

Hosted by Giant Killer General

garnish

Re: WEEK 4 SCHEDULING (JUNE 24-25) ROFLMAZZERS VS. BERSERKERS

Post by garnish »

Shouldn't we be playing LoM? Round Robin, right?

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

Okay, from the rules:

-If no team is eliminated yet after 3 weeks, a 2nd round robin starts until the 1st team is eliminated. If this is the case, then starting week 4, #1 seed gets an advantage by playing seed #4 again (#2 plays #3). Seeds get updated after every single week's results (decided by match records first, and who beat who for tie breaker).

It is a completely separate round robin, which now starts based off the new seeding we have from the first 3 weeks. This means #1 seed plays #4 seed, and #2 seed plays #3 seed.

Now the issue of seeding can be quite a conundrum here because 3 teams each all have a 1 win, 2 loss match record each. And we are an even more unusual circumstance that it is a 3-way tie that cannot be broken by who beat who because Dragon Army beat Legends of Myth, Legends of Myth beat Berserkers, and Berserkers beat Dragon Army.

So we are going back to the original intent of the rule, which is that the #1 seed (Roflmazzers) should get an advantage to reward their seed placement, so we get to choose who want to play. We choose your team.

The only other fair way I can think of doing this, is to go by game record, in which case Dragon Army has 16 wins, 5 losses. Legends of Myth has 9 wins, 11 losses, 1 tie, and Berserkers has 4 wins, 17 losses. Which still puts dragon army as #2 seed, legends of myth as #3 seed, and berserkers as #4 seed.

So take your pick of rationale, the result is the same.

Before there is a bunch of bitching about this, because I can already see it coming, anyone please explain to me a more fair way of doing it. Obviously none of the other teams want to play my team next week either.

Phos

Post by Phos »

GKG - I know I'm biased because I'm on Dragon Army's team, but I agree this is fair. I'd say using the win/loss record to determine seeds, as opposed to your comment "we get to choose who want to play. We choose your team" [sic], is the right way to do it. In any case, I applaud your recognition of seeds by win/loss record and implied use when scheduling week 4. Go Team! Take out Legends of Myth this weekend, I'm sorry I'll miss it, and I look forward to playing again the week after, hopefully against ROFLMazzers.

Phos

garnish

Post by garnish »

Are we still playing triple elimination? If 2nd through 4th lose another match, they're out?

akira

Post by akira »

garnish wrote:Are we still playing triple elimination? If 2nd through 4th lose another match, they're out?
Same question but posed in a way that casts doubt on Gkg's sexual orientation and competence as a TO

Giant Killer General

Okay I think you slightly misunderstood several things Phos.

First of all, we did use win/loss record (match record), as the rule states. The problem is there is a 3 way tie in the match records.
The rule then says, we go to who beat who to break any match record ties. But in this case, we still have a 3 way tie in this regard as well.

So yes, I did not write a rule for this incredibly rare circumstances. We don't need 200 pages of rules ironing everything out, we can just be rational adults, and go to what is the logical intent of this rule, which is that clearly the #1 seed is supposed to get an advantage right? Personally, I prefer that rationale of giving the #1 seed first pick of opponent over using game records (note: game records is different than match records) because using game records could in some circumstances violate the original intent of the rule. But in this case, thankfully it does not matter, otherwise there would be another several threads dedicated to how i rigged everything.

And also, your team is playing my team this weekend, not Legends of Myth as garnish first thought.

Garnish - yes.

oh man akira, I have screwed you up in the head badly, haha.

Phos

Post by Phos »

Hi GKG,

Thanks for the response, man. I agree you can't plan for all sorts of scenarios, although I would still argue that individual game results is a much better indicator of seed to determine this weekend's mathchups, than that the #1 seed gets an advantage and gets to decide. As you say though, they apparently yielded the same so the question is moot. Even so, I understand everything you said in this message, I think, except for this statement:

"And also, your team is playing my team this weekend, not Legends of Myth as garnish first thought."

Are you saying that Dragon Army is playing ROFLMAzzers this weekend, June 24-25? I don't know you very well, so not sure how to parse that when the title of this thread is "WEEK 4 SCHEDULING (JUNE 24-25) ROFLMAZZERS VS. BERSERKERS". I mean, don't know if that is some dramatic/humorous/imflammatory statement, or if you just made a mistake. To be clear: I am on Dragon Army's team.

Cheers,

Phos

Giant Killer General

Okay that is my error phos. I forgot you moved to Dragon Army (and apparently didn't read it when you wrote it), so I assumed you were on berserkers because you were posting in this thread.

Dragon Army plays Legends of Myth, you are correct. we are on the same page now.

Giant Killer General

Berserkers - my team has done fallback every week so far. How does fallback look for you guys? (that is 2pm eastern on sunday)

Giant Killer General

ok i wish something was said earlier, but we will try to accommodate 3pm eastern. i will try to let my guys know.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2017”