MWC 2017 Team Registration

Hosted by Giant Killer General
Giant Killer General

MWC 2017 Team Registration

Post by Giant Killer General »

Register your teams here. To successfully register your team, this is what is required:

-A minimum roster of 8 players. This is so that there is a good chance of meeting the 6v6 minimum, and there is at least the possibility of 7v7 and 8v8.
-Provide the legit names, and userids of all the accounts for your team roster. This is to protect against rampant dummying.
-Preliminary approval by me. This is to check to make sure that your team is not at risk of forfeiting. If I have any concerns about it, I will just ask that you add more active players to your roster.
-Final approval by me. My final check is to verify all the userids for every player registered in the tournament. This will be done closer to the start of the tournament. I will let you know if there are any issues.

Your team has final approval and has finished the registration process when I add your entire roster to the verified player userid list at the bottom of this post.

Also, just to reiterate, there is no limitation on the size of any roster. Just keep in mind that it is a 6v6 tournament, so larger rosters may start to run the risk of having a lot of people sitting. I would recommend a roster size of 8 to 10 for most teams, depending on how many players with shaky attendance you have. I would be very hesitant to add more than 10 to a roster unless you have many players with very shaky attendance or otherwise inactive players.

I will register my team first. Ideally, I would like to see at least one team competitive against my team, and then 2 additional teams as well. The target is 4 teams.

Below is a final list of all players organized by team and their accompanying userid to be used as a reference check to ensure that there are no dummy accounts. I strongly recommend checking all userid's for every player at the start of a match to protect against dummying. Protecting yourself against dummying is the responsibility of every player in your matches, not the TO's (me) since there is nothing else I can do about it. So if a dummy snuck into your match and it was only caught after the match, then it is probably just too bad. Unless several dummies were used by the same team in a match, I am unlikely to disqualify a team due to dummying. So stop it before it can start.

For those with more than one account, these are the accounts you must play all your mwc matches with. If you use more than one account regularly, you may want to declare all of them upfront to avoid any perception of attempted dummying and so people can help check to make sure you stick to the same account throughout the tournament so your player statistics do not get split up.

VERIFIED PLAYER USERID LIST (SORTED BY TEAM)

The number accompanying each player's name in the list below is their correct USERID. Check a player's profile when logged into myth to make sure their userid matches here to ensure they are not a dummy account.

THE ROFLMAZZERS

Giant Killer General - 71
Dac - 234
Asmodian - 228
Cruniac - 154 (other known accounts are 193 and 20422)
East Wind - 93 (other known accounts are 1238, 1239 and 1241)
Arzenic - 70689 (old one is 78)
HMP - 60
Shadow - 218
Captain - 430

DRAGON ARMY

Ratking - 70646 (old one is 65)
Paris - 74
Adrenaline - 75
Kryptos - 635
Ruin - 70412
Monty - 70621
Thalander - 657
Trevelyan - 51409
Funk - 64
Phos - 11216
Demolition - 286
Argos - 1329

NO NAME (NN)

LSO - 2015
Zak - 70660 (other accounts too many to list)
wwo - 70666 (old one is 142)
Tirri - 58
Myrk - 95
SlatE - 1160
kremisi - 106
Dantski- 77
Flatline - 72
Rabican - 1162 (possibly also 62481)
Sormiron - 438
Rodeki11 - 484
Killerking - 517
Scarymonster - 335

THE BERSERKERS

Garnish - 47860
Vihaan/Vasazel - 70629
Spoon - 262
Scratch - 69
bh - 70620
YOLO - 2103
Ether - 2092
Gabba - 1171
Alfi - 1814
Akira - 70630
Jahral - 1725
Pallidice - 70670 (old one is 214)
Malseizure - 1741

Giant Killer General

Re: MWC 2017 Team Registration

The first team:

Team Name: THE ROFLMAZZERS
Team slogan: ROFL U LOST TO MAZZERS

-Giant Killer General (The Illusion of Mazz)
-Dac (The Right Hand of Mazz)
-Asmodian (The Court Jester of Mazz)
-Cruniac (The Wrath of Mazz)
-East Wind (The Desi Mazz)
-Arzenic (The Exotic Concubine of Mazz)
-Gekko (The Seductive Voice of Mazz)
-HMP (The Mute Mazz)
-Shadow (The Drunk Mazz)
-Captain (The Militant Mazz)

I may have one or two openings if some of my players are too busy to show reliably. No promises, but message me if interested and I will try to get an answer to you within a week. Mazz experience is considered a plus. Must not need hand held too much in game.

Kilgrath

Post by Kilgrath »

Every tournament you've ever hosted has been a complete failure. This will be no exception, what the fuck do you think you're even doing given that piss ass track record you moron? If this idiot hosts mwc myth is truly dead.

Giant Killer General

Well then I guess your only recourse is to volunteer to host it yourself, or to find someone else you prefer who will volunteer to host it, and then hold a vote to let the community decide who should host amongst the options of volunteers. If I am so horrible at hosting tournaments as you say, then surely the community would vote with you to have someone else host it instead. And quite frankly, I am all for it if that is what the community decides. But as of right now, I don't see anyone else stepping up to host, do you? So what are you bitching about again? Oh right, nothing.

As I stated in my mwc announcement, the community can vote on whichever host they prefer. Organize the vote, or else this bitching is completely pointless.

Ah, the mwc drama has begun. It just wouldn't be myth without the baby mama drama.

Trevelyan

Post by Trevelyan »

The Second team:
Team name: Sneaky Stinkers
Team slogan: "Pfffferrrrrbbbt"

Trevelyan
Jahral T.O.A.D
Alfi
Malsleizure
Psalm
Obelix
Brandon Hex
Tsg

Also have room for 1 to 2 more, let me know!

Giant Killer General

I would really like to see 2 more active players added to your team roster trev, because otherwise, I have concerns about its viability to show up reliably. If that is an issue, then let's talk about it sometime.

Trevelyan

Post by Trevelyan »

Mmm yes good point. Any volunteers?

akira

Post by akira »

AK47: ANIMAL KINGDOM 47

DANGER NOODLE (akira)
RAINBOW NIGHTMARE (ruin)
more to come...maybe, but also maybe not.

also trev, making a team without me..that's a paddlin

Zak3

Post by Zak3 »

Team name: Get ready for MWC

Zak
Ghengis
Arzenic
Homer
Cruniac
EastWind
Gekko
HMP
Paris
Akira
Tirri

Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Zak's team is a joke.

Here's our real team:

-Tirri (The Illusion of Mazz)
-Zak(The Right Hand of Mazz)
-Cruniac (The Court Jester of Mazz)
-par (The Wrath of Mazz)
-Seeker (The Desi Mazz)
-Dantski (The Exotic Concubine of Mazz)
-Limp (The Exotic Voice of Mazz)
-Shaister (The Mute Mazz)
-BelgianBonzai (The Waffle Mazz)
-Enc (The Enculator Mazz)
-Garnish (The Turnip Mazz)
-akira (The DANGER NOODLE MAZZ)
-ruin (The RAINBOW NIGHTMARE MAZZ)
-Cu (The I WANT TO FIGHT AKIRA MAZZ) (Dis guy wanted on the team.)
-Trevelyan (The Chef Mazz)

Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Glad to see there is at least one competitive team in this tournament. Here is my submission, say hello to your future champs:

Team name: Wu Tang Clan

Players:

Ratking
Rawr
Kilgrath
Thalander
Verminix
Funk
Ether
Trevelyan(if his team is a joke)
Evil Jake
Newskin
Bone

Zak5

Post by Zak5 »

Seeker wrote:Zak's team is a joke.

Here's our real team:

-Tirri (The Illusion of Mazz)
-Zak(The Right Hand of Mazz)
-Cruniac (The Court Jester of Mazz)
-par (The Wrath of Mazz)
-Seeker (The Desi Mazz)
-Dantski (The Exotic Concubine of Mazz)
-Limp (The Exotic Voice of Mazz)
-Shaister (The Mute Mazz)
-BelgianBonzai (The Waffle Mazz)
-Enc (The Enculator Mazz)
-Garnish (The Turnip Mazz)

Seekers team is a joke. Shaister, limp, and belgianbonzai will not show up for matches

Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Roster is updated Zak.

We're going for 20 players.

Bonzai will show for maybe 1 or 2 matches. I got the faith. He's part of our strong Euro contingent.

DENTIST

Post by DENTIST »

TEAM NAME: THE OUTLAWS

ROSTER:

DENTIST
CRUISER
THORMAN
ENIGMAN
RAZIEL
JEDI VAL
HYPERION
STINGER
GUERTOK
EREKOSE
WANDERER
KADE MAZARIN
RIPTIDE
ACID BURN
BLACKHEART
SQUIRRELMASTER
TRINITY
RETLAS
ASHEN
SCORPIO
GENERAL NANA
SHONKY
ARSENAL
NEMESIS
RATTLESNAKE
JEFF
HIT

Giant Killer General

WTC has preliminary approval. Please provide userid's for all the accounts of your players to get final approval. And also please have trev confirm here on the forums what he is doing whether playing on WTC or doing his own thing.

The rest are denied until they are revised to be legit.

Seeker

Post by Seeker »

My team is legit.

GKG just scared of the comp.

Giant Killer General

Nevermind about Trev, I already talked to him. Sounds like he is joining rat's team. He can post if he changes plans.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Just a heads up that I didn't make that team submission post. Whoever did it didn't do it in malice, I think they were just trying to get the team up there. The team is legit, and I'll re-post under this account so I can tweak it as needed.

I'm pretty sure I know who did it, though as I said it's not a big deal and I think they were trying to help the team. For future reference, this is my real account. For those who know me on social media feel free to verify that this is really me.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Team name: Dragon Army

Players:

Ratking (70646)
Paris (74)
Adrenaline
Kryptos
Ruin
Monty (70621)
Thalander
Trevelyan
Funk
Phos
Demolition (?)
Argos

Giant Killer General

Ok, I am still getting used to these forums but apparently, we already have a guest dummy account problem since I don't even think that was the first dummy post. I will ask garnish if there is any way to correct this by disallowing guest posting. Pretty stupid to allow guest posting for this reason.

Your real roster then has preliminary approval, just need userids eventually. I think both our teams have spoken with Monty about adding him to our teams for mwc. I will keep trying to get confirmation from him directly about which team he would prefer to join.

Giant Killer General

If it helps anyone, I would kind of like to see another team with something along the following roster:

Zak
Seeker
Dantski
Limp
Tirri
Samuel
Chron
Wwo
(Myrk?)
(Argos?)
(Akira?)
(Slate?)
(Demolition?)
(Evil Jake?)

A final team could have some of the people above, along with some other recently active players:

Scratch
Vihaan
Spoon
Garnish
Killerking
Jahral
Flatline
Alfi
YOLO
THOR
Ether
Gabba

Someone would need to organize these though by talking to everyone to make sure they are onboard, are cool with the rest of the players on the roster, can show up, etc. Someone take the initiative and make it happen for each of the last 2 teams, please.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Any more teams being formed out there? Lso??

Scratch ~LRCG

Post by Scratch ~LRCG »

Giant Killer General wrote:...A final team could have some of the people above, along with some other recently active players:

Scratch
Vihaan
Spoon
Garnish
Killerking
Jahral
Flatline
Alfi
YOLO
THOR
Ether
Gabba
In other words, just another no morale having cannon fodder team... :roll:

Giant Killer General

Cannon fodder teams have always been a part of the mwc tradition in every single mwc. It never stopped those teams and their players from wanting to play. I prefer to call them the "just playing for fun, don't care about winning" team.

If anyone can figure out a way to make a different roster that they prefer more, have at it. I don't care, I just want 2 more teams that will show. This is a fairly comprehensive list of players that would likely play but still need a team, which should help anyone to form any kind of team they want.

bh

Post by bh »

Ratking wrote:Any more teams being formed out there? Lso??
I'm trying to put together a team of old farts. We're up to three maybes, but it's hard to track people down two decades on.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

who you looking for? i have a pretty big list of ex-myther emails

bh

Post by bh »

adrenaline wrote:who you looking for? i have a pretty big list of ex-myther emails
Gosh. It's been a very long time. Who do I remember?

Syke
OzOne
DrunkBob
ferrex
Have Blue
Mugoogio
Ares (or anyone else from creation, for that matter)
Drell420
any of the rampancy crew

I'm meeting up with SharkyWark on Wednesday, I'll ask him.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

don't have any of those ones, sorry.

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

NO NAME (NN)

Because I cant figure out a good name!

LSO - 2015
Zak - 70660 (I think)
wwo - 70666
Tirri - 58
Myrk -
SlatE - 1160
kremisi -
Dantski- 77
Rabican -
Sormiron - 438
Rodeki11 - 484
Killerking - 517
Scarymonster - 335
Homer - 70704

Retrieving player username codes!

Giant Killer General

Very good, you have preliminary approval (although I do not know who teng wei cheng is, if this appears to be a dummy account then they may not be allowed).

Also, a friendly reminder to ratking's team to also supply userid numbers for all of the accounts that your players will be using for the tournament (again this is so everyone can verify players to protect against dummying, and help ensure people use the same account throughout the tournament for consistent stats).

I need these numbers so I can give final approval for the rosters.

We need just 1 more team now. There are PLENTY of players left out there, someone organize the last team please.

Giant Killer General

Also, I want to emphasize the remaining free agents that have not yet found a team (that I know of at least). These players should be given priority consideration since they posted ahead of time their desire to play:

-Vasazel
-Scratch
-Spoon

Giant Killer General

Here is a possible starting rough draft roster for the final 4th team:

-garnish
-vihaan (is this vasazel?)
-spoon
-scratch
-bh
-yolo
-ether
-gabba
-alfi
-akira
-jahral
-pallidice
-pablo escobar

par73

Post by par73 »

why am i on 3 teams

Seeker

Post by Seeker »

rabican has communicated to me his interest in the teams as follows:

1. Team ROFLMAZZERS ("playing with Gekko and arze is like salve on my butt cheeks.")
2. Team LSO ("ok.")
3. Team Ratking ("don't know these guys.")

Lord---Scary Owl

made some updates to my team

still gathering username numbers

Vasazel ~∂eer~

Post by Vasazel ~∂eer~ »

Giant Killer General wrote: -vihaan (is this vasazel?)
yes

Vasazel ~∂eer~

Post by Vasazel ~∂eer~ »

I think trev invited me to one of his teams but im not sure if it's for mwc or some other tournament. Care to clarify trev?

Giant Killer General

Okay, I have formed the 4th team. Garnish has volunteered to organize it, and I have put all the remaining players who needed a team onto that team. I have also automatically registered players who played in the most recent spring open tournament and put them on this team as well since they are likely to play as well.

Garnish, I am putting you de-facto in charge of this team for now unless another team organizer is chosen for the team. Please let me know if you have any other roster additions to make besides what I have included. Also please try to reach out to all these players to notify them (I notified several that I could find online already), and also schedule the matches for your team. I also named this team the expendables as a placeholder for now, let me know if you want to change the name.

I have also taken the liberty to finish the rest of the userid's for the remaining players (you're welcome dragon army). All teams now have final approval and are ready to go.

Everyone please check to make sure the userid for the one account you plan on using for the entire duration of this tournament is correct. Especially double check it if you had to re-register your account recently. The number immediately next to your name should be your correct userid. Other additional accounts listed in parenthesis should not be used, so if another account is your primary then let me know.

I strongly recommend someone from each team double checks all userids (for both teams) either before or right after the first game of the match to protect against dummying.

Although I have registered a 4th team, this team is still at high risk of forfeiting because it isn't organized and it is underpowered (I do not believe the other 3 teams are at risk for forfeiting though). For this reason, I am asking for volunteers from the other 3 established teams to help this team out by also showing up whenever possible and playing for them in their matches when they are not playing your team. This will also help to make those matches more interesting for their opponents.

Please post if you can volunteer to help this 4th team out so we don't have forfeits and have some more interesting matches. This will help everyone know ahead of time what other additional help they might expect. If volunteering, please keep up with the scheduling for this team in addition to your own primary team. Ideally, we would get about 2 volunteers from each team so they can have about 2-3 helpers for each of their matches.

par73

Post by par73 »

LMAO

Remember when I formed a team for you and it showed up with 2 players for one match then forfeited the remainder of it's schedule?

Let's make it so history does not repeat itself.

Giant Killer General

No I don't, but yes I am well aware that this team needs to be better organized, which is why I want to also get some volunteers to from the other 3 teams to help it out. It's unfortunate we need to kind of prop a 4th team up, but such is the state of myth these days. The good news is the other 3 teams are actually of better quality than I anticipated (I only expected 2 good teams). We also still have 2.5 weeks to fix it. This is also why I wanted to form it now to give some urgency to the problem still with some time left to do something about it. And also because I have to leave so I won't be able to help at all while I am gone, and something has to be done with it while I am gone.

Giant Killer General

bh has informed me that phos wants to switch teams from dragon army to help the berserkers out, so I have updated rosters to reflect this. If anyone disagrees with this, please let me know. I guess phos doesn't have a forum account.

Phos

Post by Phos »

GKG:

1. Yes, I have a forum account. In fact, I've been logged into Myth all day long today, as have you, so you could have attempted to communicate there as well. No worries.
2. I'm a little hesitant to make this move, as I do look forward to being on Ratking's team, but I also want to be on BH's. I like rooting for the underdog. So, I accept.

For the record, I've got some vacations this summer, so I'll likely miss 6/3 game and definitely 6/24 game, as well as 7/22 and 7/29 if its still going, but I can make the other ones!

Phos

Giant Killer General

ok well just let me know if you want to go back to rat's team and I will switch you back. you can decide whichever team you prefer.

Giant Killer General

Okay, first of all LSO, do not revise old posts to make updates to your roster. I have already given final approval, and as I mentioned in my update post, all new roster changes need to be done on a player-by-player basis with a new post from here on out. If you have changes, make a new post with exactly what the changes are so I don't have to dig to find out exactly what it is that you are trying to change.

Second of all, it looks like all you did was add some new account called "mahir." This player is absolutely not approved since it looks very much like a dummy account. The account was created 2 weeks ago and played for only 2 days. During those 2 days, it used 2 different names, 1 for each day. It used an unknown name, "niac-cru" (looks a lot like cruniac) for the first day, and changed their name on the 2nd day to a completely blank name which doesn't even get displayed in the server archives of its most recent games played.

Don't be stupid LSO. You know I would not approve an account like this, because I told you the same thing about the "teng wei cheng" account you tried to sign up earlier. Don't annoy me with repeated perceived or actual attempts at dummying. Almost insulting really how blatant this is.

Just so I don't have to keep repeating myself, if there are any other unknown names that are attempted to be signed up in the future, everyone just know that multiple credible people are needed to vouch for the identity of such individuals. At the very least it needs to be an account that isn't super new. Otherwise, I am not buying it.

Lord---Scary Owl

Mahir is a college student in AZ that recently got back on myth.
He chats on discord daily under the name Esoterrorist and has agreed to play.
Pre-mentioning that he doesn't play much and he sucks.
Idk don't add him if you want but its not a dummy account.
After this new gay system I'm not going to make a fake steam account, with a fake made email, then keep track of another player ID and password and let ppl use it to try to further my chance of winning.

Whatever don't add him.
Also Teng Wei Cheng is just a regular daily player that doesn't speak English. He plays all the time in fact, and there ARE NO dummy accounts since he will always be his ID. You know? You cant actually be considered a dummy if you change your name, but still have the same ID. Honestly don't know why you care so much but whatever.

Mahir

Post by Mahir »

Why can't I play? I recently picked up the game. My steam account is eight years old.

Niac-cru was a joke name some people on Discord gave me because Paris thought I was Cruniac for some reason when I first joined.

I was looking forwards to this. Anyone who's been in a game with me can definately vouch for the fact that I'm not some dummy account of a great player come to ruin your fun. I've known about Myth for a long time and only recently decided to actually start playing it and talking to other people who do.

Even this Discord account goes back to like, the start of the platform.

Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Mahir is legit. I would suggest talking to him. He's an original.

Giant Killer General

When did he play? And who did he play with? What other details can you provide about his prior experience playing myth? What other mythers that I know of, would know who mahir is? Are there any that are still around so that I can ask them? Is there anything that better verifies that this is actually a returning myth player?

I will add him for now, only because it would be unfortunate if he was a genuine player. But if he turns out to be anything close to half-decent, he gets pulled, since that would be impossible given your story. And if he all of a sudden starts playing at a 3-4+ ball level, I give every opposing team permission to pull him immediately without waiting for me to remove him from the approved list of players. Sound fair?

And for the record, just because I do not approve of an account, that does not mean that account cannot play. It simply means that any opposing team can deny them to play, since they would be considered a sub technically, which require both team's approval to play. I am not the enforcer that ultimately decides who plays or doesn't play since I hold absolutely no power over the situation. Instead, the opposing team is the enforcer, since they have the power in the form of refusing to play until a suspected dummy is removed. This process I am doing here is simply to inform everyone which accounts look safe, for those that care to protect themselves against dummying.

And LSO - are you seriously asking me why I care about this when you were the one that first expressed concerns about "rampant subbing" like previous paris tournaments? Do you not see how these two issues could easily be related?

The reason for this approval process now when it wasn't necessary previously, is because of punkuser's recent overhaul of the account system. Previously, accounts had both a login NAME and a userid NUMBER as their unique identifier. Now, the login name has been dropped, so now accounts only use the userid number. And numbers are obviously far harder to recognize than names (one of the downsides of punkuser's new account system). So before, people would have had to sign up with their login name (many of which were obvious or well known). But now, we only have the userid number as the only unique identifier, so people need to sign up with that instead.

Also, having the same userid does not automatically mean a person is not a dummy. Anyone could dummy using their current, main account by simply changing their name to impersonate someone else. The only thing anyone has to immediately go off of to recognize such an impersonation is that userid number. But that userid number only gives you an idea of how old an account is, which is not indicative of dummying all by itself. No one would even know that an account has changed their name unless they happened to recognize that exact userid (which is nearly impossible since almost everyone doesn't even know their own userid by heart), or until they looked up that account's game history and clicking on individual games to see the names used by that account in previous games.

Mahir - feel free to play if you are who you say you are. If you are legit, don't worry about this, you are just briefly getting caught up in the verification process (because you are an unknown player) intended to protect against people using multiple accounts, or playing on multiple teams to cheat in the tournament. Answering some of my questions above about you would be helpful though.

Lord---Scary Owl

sweet so how do I change my team name?

Return to “Myth World Cup 2017”