Par's Player Cheat Sheet 4 Captains

by The Myth Council
par73

Par's Player Cheat Sheet 4 Captains

Post by par73 »

Hello Folks!

Akira and Trev should be kicking off this shindig and announcing a draft day in the coming weeks. Players who are captains should show up for the draft day and time accordingly, we may need a subsitute drafter or maybe akira could pay cu to draft all of the teams. at this time though, players wishing to designate as captain are stepping up to be the first in line for their teams drafting and coordination.

With that said I've decided to provide a brief narrative cheat sheet for any captains looking to step up.
Any new additions to the tournament will be featured below.

EA = Expected Attendence
ER = Expected Responsibility
EI = Expected Impact

Trevelyan - Having trev on your team can be a huge morale booster, aside from being a tournament organizer. He's a bit busy for the holidays but his schedule should open up in time for TWDS.
EA = 4/5
ER = 2/5
EI = 4/5

Sormion - Recently returning to the Myth community is an old school FFA veteran who is learning the game once again. Sorm should continue to improve the more active the server is but he is often one of the few online and playing at the moment.
EA = 5/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 3/5

Lord Scary Owl - A young gun in the myth community, LSO has been around for about three years and has the general skills to show for it. He does better with smaller roles but has lead a few teams to average performances. His biggest weakness is losing control of himself in games, but the more he becomes aware of this the less detrimental to his team he will become. Occasionally has to leave matches in progress due to personal responsiblities. Regardless, a potential asset lies in this pick.
EA = 4/5
ER = 3/5
EI = 4/5

Akira - Akira has been back in the community since 2014 and has provided stability and consistency for all of his teams. Akira is a morale booster, he may be the first one on your team pushing to refocus following an embarassing defeat. Do not give this guy warpacks, and if you're playing against his team and they gave him a warpack take advantage of it!
EA = 5/5
ER = 4/5
EI = 4/5

Flatline - Flatline has been a player under fire due to his personal opinions on subject matter unrelated to myth, but he has been playing for over 15 years and could probably use any unit to average skill level. He prefers using warlocks and can often surprise/upset players pulling off kills with a .250 milisecond delay. If you can motivate him, he will show up for gametimes that are awful for him. The schedule may even present full opportunity for him to participate, but this is unlikely.
EA = 2/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 2/5

garnish - garnish is another returning player who has stepped up to host the myth forums and multiple autohosts on the metaserver. He is a supportive player who is best with smaller roles and has a similar skillset to Flatline and Some Loser.
EA = 5/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 2/5

Social Justice Warrior - Seeker recently hosted The Cu Classic and participated under conditions of subsitution only, opting to stay off of team rosters and out of the draft. I thought this played out very well for the tournament and would certainly enjoy seeing his participation in this one, yet I wouldn't be certain he could participate for every game. He is not the strongest player and you should mostly ignore what he is saying because it is bullshit, but when you look past these detrimental factors you find a metagamer who can have his moments and could help
EA = 3/5
ER = 2/5
EI = 2/5

Some Loser - An old school player who returned in the fall of 2016, SL has been relearning the ropes and basics of Myth 2. He is one of the more active players, but is not the most formidable. Regardless I think you could depend on SL to be present and open to suggestions on improving his play to help benefit himself and the team.
EA = 4/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 1/5

adrenaline - adren is one of the best players you could draft in TWDS. He can play any position, and even captain if you're into winging it or without a captain. I highly suggest putting him in a role where he can abuse players in potential 1v1 scenarios. If you want to keep his morale high, hand him the power units every game; at the same time he could hold his ground with any set you need him to play. He can likely make every match as well.
EA = 5/5
ER = 3/5
EI = 5/5

par73 - I'll be enjoying the snow shoveling this winter up in new england, and unless there is a snow storm causing power outages I should be able to make whatever is schedule. Unfortunately I work Friday and Saturday nights so the later the match the tougher it is.
EA = 4/5
ER = 5/5
EI = 5/5

Dantski - Dantski stepped aside from the Cu Classic but he's back and ready to commit! Dantski is similar to adren where he's the full package deal. I'm not sure on his attendence, but he will have a major impact in every game he plays.
EA = 3/5
ER = 3/5
EI = 5/5

Zak - Zak is a make or break type of player who has taken in-game captain roles over the years. He might have even won one of the 5 or 6 draft tournaments we've held by now, but not many performances worth remembering. I think zak can be underrated, but the only person who can motivate this man to play well is himself. He can be toxic and condescending, or polite and well-mannered; it all depends on the enviornment.
EA = 3/5
ER = 2/5
EI = 4/5

Killerking - KK has been around for almost 10 years of myth now ! He has become more aware over the years and I think he upgraded his mouse for some more precision clicking. He's usually not the best player in the room, but is a great supporting and positive player for any draft team. He has a knack to step up and help coordinate a team outside and during matches, from scheduling to being a secondary captain.
EA = 4/5
ER = 2/5
EI = 3/5

hmp - Most underrated player of 2016, by far, and perhaps 2017 will see the same deal. HMP can play in a core role, supporting role, hell you could even convince him to captain. He's easily the most active player on the server and one of the most impressive to watch and play with/against in the 2016 season. A quiet fellow, hmp is the last
EA = 5/5
ER = 2/5
EI = 4/5

East Wind - One of the most highly valued players of the decade comes in the form of high intelligence, high in-game IQ and excellent unit control. EW is a powerhouse that can embarass the best of us at times with his play. I doubt he will take much responsiblity in scheduling or preparing for his team, but his presence alone can solidify any team's mentality.
EA = 4/5
ER = 3/5
EI = 5/5

wwo - An old schooler who used to follow flatline around, wwo has average mechanical skill and can be relied upon to captain or run co-captain responsiblities. He's often cool as a cucumber so I doubt he will bring any teams down in that regard. He's an older myther though, and his passions for glorious victories are long past. If you can motivate the unmotivatable then he could be the steal of the 5th round!
EA = 4/5
ER = 2/5
EI = 2/5

Argos - Argos is a solid contributor and had near perfect attendence until he became a married man in 2016! Regardless, you can expect argos to help pick up the slack for your team and hold his own with multiple unit sets and scenarios. He is an optimistic player who will play whatever the captain gives him to the best of his ability.
EA = 4/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 3/5

Ruin - Ruin, the king of Aesir has returned to myth after a long absense. Ruin has always been great with warlocks and around 2002-2004 was an above average player amongst the post b-net myther collective. I wouldn't expect him to be that responsible for what goes on with your team but he should be able to fill in the gaps. Ruin did not play in any tournament games in 2016 so I am unsure how his attendence will be, but he is one of the more active mythers on the server.
EA = 3/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 2/5

thal - When thal shows up lately, he's the type to be underestimated and follow up with a unexpected performance. I can't underrate him here for my drafter audience. I'm unsure about his commitments to a myth draft team or his attendence availability. Regardless, I think if he did show up you could trust him to play any role, even fetch or trowing. He has great mechanical skill and his awareness is better than average. A roll of risk and reward with thal, for all I know he ends up being able to make every game and somehow does worse than me.
EA = 2/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 4/5

Gekko - Gekko is the second european powerhouse player in this tournament and can go toe to toe with any player in this tournament. He can cap, he can use all unit sets, he was on the legendary np team, he's an official member of the trump group, and recently he found out about the exhiliration of discharging firearms. His attendence is tough to gauge, I would expect an average commitment. There are moments where Gekko steps up to speak on scheduling or lead a team under his wing, but I'm not sure he would be comfortable being depended on for these things.
EA = 3/5
ER = 3/5
EI = 5/5

Battle Wagon - One of the wild card picks of the tournament, who will Battle Wagon turn out to be? A dummy account? Returning Old Skooler? Old School Gaming Fanatic? Zak? Lord Scary Owl? That is the type of expectations to have with this type of player and at worse he'll not show up at all or not have any idea what's going on and need some extra help.
EA = 1/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 1/5

Funk - The Polish Express, Funk has a knack for FFA games and enjoys helping out in the community whether it is hosting an event or committing to tournaments. Funk is an average player in this tournament, but does have some upside with smaller roles and unit sets. He's an optimisticly minded player, who at worst will make some mistakes and at best coordinate in some spectacular plays with his teammates.
EA = 4/5
ER = 2/5
EI = 2/5

par73

Re: Par's Player Cheat Sheet 4 Captains

Post by par73 »

Late Additions:

Scratch - Scratch is a low to mid level player who has plenty of games of Myth II under his belt. Originally a ww2 player, you are probably better off giving scratch less units than more. The less complicated the scenario, the better Scratch will do. A great personality to have on your team, but liable to mistakes; scratch won't have much impact as compared to other players in this event.
EA = 4/5
ER = 2/5
EI = 2/5

Ratking - A well known captain and formidable opponent, RK's play has surprised me with upside on multiple occasions. RK isn't afraid to be vocal, but it is hardly in a negative manner. As an added perk, RK has experience using and leading with voice communication software. A definite asset for any squad in this tournament.
EA = 5/5
ER = 5/5
EI = 5/5

Phos - A returning old school -ei- captain, Phos lead Noobs Inc in MWC. He has done well to catch up to strategy of the day, however mechanical skills can be found to be average at best due to little practice. I expect Phos to have good attendance permitting he is free of family responsibility. His awareness is better than it was last year but it is tough to say he will have a major impact without dedication.
EA = 4/5
ER =
EI = 2/5

Tirri - The champion captain of the previous draft tournament, tirri has played countless hours of myth in his days. He is quite fond of himself and his abilities as a player, and to underestimate his abilities has surely led to many a' myther's downfall over the past twenty something years. tirri is a high impact high bullshit type of player, he has lost so many games of myth at this point you can count him as the first player to shrug off pressure or defeat. At the legendary level, this myther's presence in the lobby, let alone the battlefield, will begin to have an impact at a moments notice. Due to family responsilibities his attendance is questionable however, but if you can motivate this man he will certainly deliver.
EA = 2/5
ER = 3/5
EI = 5/5

Verminix - VERMINIX is a returning old schooler who used to be most known for being the American version of Acheron and Enigman (respectfully of LoA). If he can form coherent sentences at any time in a match, you've already landed yourself a bargain of a pick. More likely you should expect some combination of "harley", "chainsaw", and "vulva" in all capitals to be shouted at multiple times during your games and maybe you will be able to play charades with the mini map drawing tool to figure out what the hell VERMINIX is articulating. He was never known much for showing up for tournaments, but when he does Myrk makes sure to blow him up with fetch ! :)
EA = 2/5
ER = 3/5
EI = 3/5

Cruniac - Crun has been a top tier player for years. Most well known for using Myth's Power Units such as Trow or Forest Giants, Cruniac has some of the best reflexes and awareness in the game regardless of his activity. Crun plays to win and dominate his opponents, CRUSHING THEIR UNITS AND SOULS; he is hilarious to play with and against. I can't tell you he will show up for every game, but I can tell you, if he does, he will no doubt make your team ten times better than what it is without him.
EA = 3/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 5/5

Chron1 - Chron is notorious for not being able to show up for tournaments, BUT 2017 is a NEW year and we can all be excited to hear Chron has posted his New Years resolution on facebook "to be winter draft series champion, is my dream" as Flatline, Myth's George Washington, has reported. Chron is a solid player who can get the job done in any scenario. Chron is probably better in fast paced dark-unit meshes, but could handle any role or unit set you gave him. Despite his lack of attendance or responsibility when it comes to myth tournaments, he can certainly have an impact on the field and may fall behind as a sleeper pick in the draft.
EA = 1/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 4/5

Ether - The leader of the infamous ETHERIALS squad, Ether is best with small roles that simulate what it's like to play WW2 Recon and Raid on the Plains for 10 years of your life. He should be able to show up, I think, but we'll have to see if he is still having trouble having a consistent internet connection.
EA = 4/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 1/5

Myrkridon - Myrk is a highly skilled myth player who, like tirri, has almost two decades of myth tournament experience. Myrk's mechanical skill on myth, is of excellence; he is one of the best to take on an individual role such as an entire flank or mid while your other players devote more attention to other areas of the map. It would be interesting to see Myrk step up into an in-game captains role for this tournament to help suggest his team to not do stupid things, but he is more likely to just ignore it, play Dota in another window and not tell you about it. He is one of the best with attendance and will show up if he wants to, Myrk is one of the most responsive on myth when it comes to displaying his team's inner vibe.
EA = 5/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 5/5

**SUB**Malseizure - Mal won Ranked Season 1 and 2 last year in 2016 I think. He has probably played more games of myth than any other player in this tournament in the past year, so it's tough to tell what Mal is capable of when he is focused. I am not so sure about the sub thing, of course that would mean attendance would not apply. What I've noticed, however, is that Mal will tell everyone he cannot show up on Weekends and then play all weekend long ! Mal can be a great supporting player but don't expect him to respond well to inner-team shit talk. Will he get away with being drafted to every team as a sub? or will the Myth Council force him to play as a participant like everyone else? stay tuned to The Winter Draft Series to find out!
EA = 4/5
ER = 1/5
EI = 2/5

Sin - Sin has one of the worst tournament attendences in history! Sin has been signed up to over 400 myth tournaments and only, actually, participated in one of these tournaments! In this tournament, he beat the giant killer 1v1 with some gimble thrall pack strategy. the giant killer, as tournament organizer, forced a replay due to lag and disqualified the game from the official standings (and sin forfeited out of the tournament). That is the type of mystery impact Sin COULD have for your team, if only he will show up to play ! I imagine Sin could also fall later in the draft for what he's worth due to his unpredictable attendance, but don't be surprised if he holds his own weight when he does show up. Sin has earned the unique expected impact rating of ?/5.
EA = 1/5
ER = 1/5
EI = ?/5

garnish

Post by garnish »

Very thorough.

par73

Post by par73 »

Use it wisely garnish and good luck !

p.s. Phos ER liekly 2/5 !