Moving forums/site to GateofStorms.net

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
punkUser

Moving forums/site to GateofStorms.net

Post by punkUser »

Hey guys,

So toxyn, grim and I have been chatting and we've decided that in the interest of simplicity and having a single account/site for forums, tournaments, stats, replays, metaserver, etc., we're going to move these forums over to GateofStorms.net and over-write the ones there. All of the content and accounts from here will be preserved, while the (minimal) content and accounts over there will be lost/overwritten. This will centralize all of the competitive myth content and accounts in one place.

Since your Gate of Storms login is also your nickname on the associated metaserver, some folks will undoubtedly want to change their account name after the move. To that end, we will enable user name changes for a couple weeks after the move.

This will most likely happen this coming Wednesday, at which point all of the content will move over and the forums here will be locked. I don't expect it to take very long, but there may be an hour or so of downtime while we move everything over, at which point posting can resume over at GateofStorms.net. In the interim if people wish to use the Gate of Storms metaserver (as it may overlap with MariusNet downtime depending on exactly when that is happening), simply log in as a guest instead (i.e. blank password). I may even disable registered login while we make the move just to keep things simple.

The only real people who will be affected by this are people who already have content over at the GoS forums - which is mostly TMNT - and I've spoken to GKG and he doesn't foresee any problems. If there's stuff there that you want to keep, just be sure to copy it locally before Wednesday. I will of course recreate the TMNT team forum after moving thegjol content over there, but there's no easy way to "merge" the two.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to post. toxyn and I should be able to answer, but the summary is that for most of you it'll just be updating your bookmarks to point to forum.gateofstorms.net instead of theghol.com/forum. And you won't even have to sign up for a metaserver account this way :)

CheezeFist

Re: Moving forums/site to GateofStorms.net

Post by CheezeFist »

So The Gjol will be shut down completely?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

CheezeFist wrote:So The Gjol will be shut down completely?
In terms of its current content, yes, but it may resurface for some other purpose (i.e. not forums, etc) in the future, I'm not sure. toxyn can speak to his plans there.

That said, since all the content is basically just being moved, you can argue whether it's being "shut down" or just migrated.

toxyn

Post by toxyn »

The Gjol is going into hibernation for a while. It served it's minimal purpose with the forums although things never really quite got finished. Punkuser has a great thing going with GoS and the new metaserver, so there is no more use for these forums anymore.

The Gjol's future is uncertain. However, I plan on renewing the domain later this summer and hopefully will have the time to work on some things.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Thanks, tox. It was a good run. ;)

Zak

Post by Zak »

I will not be joining you over on gate of storms, sorry

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Move is complete, as you can see. Let me know if you stumble on any issues that occurred during migration.

I have enabled the ability to change your usernames here, since your username here is now also your username on the GoS metaserver. Note that you don't need to log in as a registered user to the metaserver though, guests can do pretty much everything.

Return to “Eblis Stone”