leaving myth

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Penlord

leaving myth

Post by Penlord »

just thought I'd write goodbyes
this is VieForPower as im most commonly known

There's a short list of people that I liked on this game, and really, the community has kept itself together pretty well. For some of the newer players, the community makes most of the fun in the game. The new players just don't and can't see what older players see. The older players can have visions as to what Myth used to be, and that's more exciting for them than anything a newer player can experience or even wants to experience. I know this is true first-hand, because I personally have shouted unthinkable things in games and made coops fun for people just using words and playfulness. I've also screwed up a few games, but eh, for most players -- losing is rewarding because death in myth is attractive to the eye. I only like to screw up when it's coop, because no one gets mad, which goes back to the community itself and respecting each other.

I know some people reading this are already thinking "wtf?" because everything I'm saying doesn't apply to them. They don't get it, they're an older player, what I'm saying is senseless to them, they just don't see it how newer players see it.

which brings me back to why I have to quit this sorry fucking game.

People join to play myth, serious myth.

Newer players perception: SERIOUS MYTH IS... large 2ts and everyone's playing as best as they can.
Older players perception: SERIOUS MYTH IS... large 2ts and everyone's playing as best as they can, oh and, kick the newer players so we can play at our best.

Truthfully, I don't believe anyone here wants to revive myth. In my eyes, myth is gasoline. If you're human, I guess that means you need to ride it as long as you can, burning it all up until it's completely gone and go down in flames with it. Cool. Personally, I like alternative energy research.

So goodbyes to people I particularly liked. Not to name names but especially Kronin, capital, and blue phoenix. Fury, Ratking, Dom, and Ln are good guys, and if you're new the myth which is highly unlikely, you should hang out with them. Generally anyone who still coops (except shadow) have hospitable personalities on this dead game. Kirk, l8r dude.

bye all.

you can close this thread and delete my account or whatever.

Myrk

Re: leaving myth

Post by Myrk »

Penlord wrote:Older players perception: SERIOUS MYTH IS... large 2ts and everyone's playing as best as they can, oh and, kick the newer players so we can play at our best.
Pretty much true, although newer players who at least make an effort to improve and listen to their captain's orders should usually not get kicked that often. Of course I don't know you, so I don't know if you fall under that definition or not.

liger

Post by liger »

renwood ~ dedication

shadow

Post by shadow »

lol
same shit every year

u didn't hold sight's duty for long time

GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

It's a Renwood Mother's Day Miracle

headhunter

Post by headhunter »

Myth is forever. I've quit lots of times.

par73

Post by par73 »

if you are letting peoples feelings about your gameplay or mistakes hurt you, then yes you should quit myth immediately

par73

Post by par73 »

also this brings something to mind that happened about 8 yrs ago, in regards to 'goodbyes' 'newer players'
http://emoelfoid.ytmnd.com/

limp

Post by limp »

later idiot

Homer

Post by Homer »

limp wrote:later idiot
Who are you? Who cares?
limp wrote:later idiot

enculator

Post by enculator »

people getting butthurt when playing online games should stick to playing bingo on sunday afternoons.

empy

Post by empy »

Bingo is worse tbh

Return to “Eblis Stone”