Myth skill improvement thread

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
wwo

Re: Myth skill improvement thread

Post by wwo »

GiantKillerGen wrote:uhm, everyone has pointed out amusing stats during the post-game from time to time for any kind of game, since the dawn of myth. I thought that was just part of the game, but I guess everyone cares about their overall stats record then.

i have no idea what rabble ffas you are even talking about, don't care.

maybe I care about my stats in random rabble games, or maybe I am just in the mood for killing people when I can't get anyone to 1v1 me, and ffa games are the only games around. I wonder which is more likely.
For sure on the first point, but it's like cherry-picking in basketball. Getting good damage while coming in last in koth is borderline depressing to mention, so it's pretty weird when someone that no one doubts is good feels the need to point it out. There was certainly nothing brilliant gameplay-wise going on.

Games mightve been a week ago? I dont know either, but it was remarkable because it was (a) genuine ffa in that # players was <= # starts, and (b) there were 2-3 good players throughout, yourself excluded. There was also a terrible player who, for various reasons, wasn't the one getting padded from and had some flukey luck.

Actually, I saved (temporarily) 2 films in particular because your losing streak (like, bottom half if not last) seemed so anomolous that I wanted to see if you were trying weird trades or new formations. At least 2 of the 4+ games definitely fit in the have-a-good-fight-and-fuck-the-gametype-(because you didn't win efficiently enough) situation.

East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

Lol its a big deal when gkg loses some ffa games? I'd say our stats are due to being better than 95% of myth.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

wow wwo, lol...

i didn't realize this affected you so much. jesus christ.

please, do continue.

killerking

Post by killerking »

I was merely trying to point out that the gametype doesn't always matter, because some games are won by simply decimating your enemy. I did not try to start a flame war or anything like that.
Maybe we could get back on the subject again? This is the 'myth skill improvement thread' after all.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Okay I'll admit that I didnt read more than a line or two of this controversy.

However I assume that it has to do with GKG acting like a child in ffa games.

EW I like & respect you but you can't really cover up that GKG throws temper tantrums when people dont play what he wants & just rushes people or goes afk in ffa games. Why does he join ffa games at all? I don't know... I don't remember him being such a bitch, I feel like his estrogen levels have been rising over the past couple of years. He was pretty well behaved in last ffa club so maybe his leaf is turning again though.

This is not just a function of him being a good player... guys like adrenaline & paris consistently rack up great stats while playing to win™ in ffa.

wwo

Post by wwo »

East Wind wrote:Lol its a big deal when gkg loses some ffa games? I'd say our stats are due to being better than 95% of myth.
He's trying to say he doesn't care, which isn't the case at all. Hell, he's spent a ton of time proving that his performance is in no way accidental or coincidental. Why you translate that as "big deal" to anyone else is pretty weird. This has taken up less than 10 minutes of my time and provided lots of entertainment at the reactions. I don't even feel like addressing your strawmen, despite being true and undisputed (imo). In a few weeks I'll be a quick train ride away from Chi-town. What you got going on this summer and how comfy is your couch?

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Figured I would resurrect this thread and share my 'training regimen' that I use to shake off the rust for tournament matches.

This is simply playing The Wall on Legendary difficulty on the day of the match. I find playing this level is harder than any fight I'll run into in a 7v7 and is a great way to remind yourself just how much babysitting of units you have to do in Myth when you haven't played the game in a while.

This is great training for micromanagement and multitasking since the way I play it is to split everything but the archers into 2 groups on each side of the wall, with archers in the middle shooting down wights. Enemies tend to come from random directions all at once which means you're not just doing the same shit over and over again every time you play it.

This forces you to do things like be aware of what's going on all over the map, since you get attacked from all over the place, particularly when wights keep coming to kill your archers from behind. You have to spacebar or waypoint your artillery units or they kill themselves, and you have to keep melee units from rushing to their death in 2 spots at once. Personally I find the presets I have to use here to be pretty uncomfortable (1 and 3 for my 2 melee packs, 2 for dwarves [having to remake the preset every time I use dwarves on either side] and 4 for archers). By comparison, handling presets in a tournament match is easy.

If you can actually play multiplayer games against good players before the match that would probably be a good warmup too, but if your choice is to play with/against low-skilled people you're better off just doing what I do and playing The Wall going for no casualties, and making sure to heal anything that can be healed when you have any sort of break in the fighting.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I do something similar, but I play The Forge on leg. without using Alric's thing. For the thrall wave at the beginning, I space the bows and dorfs and just focus on microing with the herons, and with the myrk rush, I trigger it then try not to use bows and dorfs and much as possible. Usually die horribly, but it's a great way to warm up the mellee skills.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Sounds interesting, I'll try that out myself.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Come seek my knowledge when you've gotten past the chopper on Clue grasshoppers.

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

THOR plays matches as a warmup for the tutorial.

HeadHunterKC

Post by HeadHunterKC »

I'm trying to find where the option is for mouse acceleration and I do not find this information. I have a razer Death Adder on PC.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

The windows setting is in Control Panel | Mouse, "Pointer Options" tab. "Enhance pointer precision" ~= acceleration on. There may be ways to change this in the Razor options as well, but I don't recall.

par73

Post by par73 »

I finally got past the chopper on Clue I'm just looking for how I can improve my game let me know what you can do for a player Pogue

thanks,
par

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

par73 wrote:I finally got past the chopper on Clue I'm just looking for how I can improve my game let me know what you can do for a player Pogue

thanks,
par
Can't really top getting past the chopper on Clue. Makes me cum hard every time.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

I believe pogue is sexually frustrated. Or frustrated in some way, but I think it's sexual.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Cutard wrote:I believe pogue is sexually frustrated. Or frustrated in some way, but I think it's sexual.
Nah, I'm cumming day and night. In my left hand, in the right, in hookers' assholes, you name it. I'm more frustrated by the fact in going have to wait until November to welcome Trump into the White House.

Return to “Eblis Stone”