Best Myth general managers ever

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Honkey

Best Myth general managers ever

Post by Honkey »

I wanted to make a 100% unbiased list that is completely objective and after speaking with players I have compiled a list of the best myth general managers ever. What is a general manager you ask? A general manager carefully crafts a team, balancing egos, and filling holes in the roster.

#1- Honkey - Honkey is a legendary General manager. First forming a "rag tag" group of up and comers including Absolut, Elephant, Monty, and others that consistently over achieved in tournament play. This team peaked in the absolut tournament and at its height added a top 50 myth legend in myrk. Due to his prowess as general manager Honkey was able to form the most dominating and powerful and dominant team in Myth World Cup history in the proceeding MWC after weeks of drunken and drug induced m2 chat. After myrk defected to join the already stacked name changers roster... the wheels were in motion to form what is still the gold standard for any myth world cup team. According to GKGS list the roster consisted of the most top 50 players of any myth roster in history, Including, #1 rated GKG, #5 rated Kirk, #9 rated Ghengis Khan (or the big 3 as they were known), with other top players such as Monty, Absolut, and Paris as (are you kidding me???????) role players. This team was so amazingly awesome that they ended the name changers run and effectively caused some of their power players to try and hop on the bulls roster (ew anyone?). This roster watered down and diluted itself and all attempts to recreate such a bold and amazing roster were successful.... but never close to the real thing. TLDR: Best roster ever, power players from dynasty rosters jumped ship to join the true best team ever.

#2- NP - They were the best when myth was relevant.

The rest dont matter.

Asmodian

Re: Best Myth general managers ever

Post by Asmodian »

2006 NP better. Only thing absolute about Absolut is that he's Poop

GKG > Rabican
Kirk < Tirri
Ghengis < Chickenwire
Paris < Arzenic
Monty < Gekko
Absolut < Soulblighter
Browning < Red phoenix
Homer < Grim

sasper

Post by sasper »

honkey was fucking rubbish at every aspect of the game. playing. some idiots like to pretend captaining is different to playing. its the same you fucktards. anyway, honkey was at best a 2 baller.

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Since you are too dense to realize im making fun of Gkgs post ill leave you with this.

http://myth2.com/tourney/forum/viewtopi ... c5de912bd2

And

Best thread ever

http://myth2.com/tourney/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0 - ps go on facebook and it took the whiny people on there 5 years to catch up with the "crazy shit" i was saying.

DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

Honkey, your ego is so huge that everyone thinks this is a serious post from you. That you legitimately believe you are the best general manager ever on Myth. Your delusions know no bounds.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Fuck you honkey. I win you Mwc 2011 and you say I'm #5? I even spotted you a packers' superbowl win in 2011. Because you and I both know neither will ever happen again LOL

par73

Post by par73 »

Armageddon had more players on that top 50 than Bulls, our opponents had more players on that top 50 than Armageddon or bulls.

Additionally, nine and migraine are nowhere to be found on that top 50. They are now dubbed the most underrated mythers of GKG's top 50 ever despite their achievements.

Your link confirms cyclops is actually teeebeeee, good work detective honk

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

Every single member of Bullz (with the exception of honkey, who doesn't really even count as a Bullz member since he only played 1-2 meaningless matches in the tournament and was always horrible) is on the top 50 all-star list. So not sure how it is a point to have "more" all-star top 50 myth players (just because it had a bigger roster) when 100% of the playing roster for the bullz were already all-star top 50 players. More importantly, Bullz had 100% all-star top 50 players, meanwhile Armageddon did not.

Also Armageddon had a much closer finals match against NC in the finals (before NC had ever won an MWC or was really an established dynasty yet) and did not go undefeated that tournament. Meanwhile Bullz played a similarly tough NC team (after NC was already the reigning champions and an established dynasty team) and almost swept them in the most dominant grand finals match record in the history of mwc finals matches (ending the NC dynasty), while also going undefeated in the tournament.

Nine I know for sure does not belong on that list. Migraine is certainly debatable.

Update: Upon review of the mwc11 top bracket finals between bullz and np, I can conclude that Mig does not belong on my top-50 all-time list, it was a very mediocre, even bad performance. Happy to review other top mwc matches with him though if he had any other better performances. Considering mig was on Armageddon for mwc08 though, this is further indication of their weakness as a team. Dante did do better though, so he stays.

par73

Post by par73 »

So how many hours of strategy was developed to beat the Bulls in comparison to how much strategy was developed for the Bulls to beat their opponents? That Np team Had zero prep and NC strategized once (twice?) to play us in the finals. If there was a theme of MWC11 for you it was " I get the final word on who's the better strategist between myself and shaister from some arguments on kdx 2 years ago".

Armageddon played against 3 teams of equal or greater strength 5-8 times in that tournament. Bulls competition was nowhere to be found reflected in a MWC finals performance -1 away from a Sweep.

Funny how you went for the unbiased approach in that thread and picked every player from the winning team of the least competitive MWC of all time.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Man people are really tricked into believing everyone who has ever had a NP tag by their name is an amazing player. Migraine, really? Smh

Here's a blip from my article in 2013, while adding in the champions since then. http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1288

Armageddon was an intriguing team, but I would say nowhere near one of the best champions since 2004; they are in the middle the pack somewhere. Enigman, Liger & Migraine getting significant time on a mwc champion team? Come on now.

PS: I would put 2006 NP as the true #1 if I were to redo this list.
11. TMNT 2 (2015) -

10. Bros (2014) -

9. Name Changers (2010) - Played in this tournament and at the top of the tournament the teams that had a realistic shot going into the tournament were only two. Name Changers beat TBC in SD in the [who were missing Tirri and Arz for most of the finals]. From most neutral observes this MWC finals is more known for The Ducky Strat™ than who actually won the tournament. On paper this NC roster was great but in my eyes probably the second best team in the tournament.

8. ThunderCox - This team eventually ended up going to losing to NC (12 task) in the finals but than won two games in a row in sudden death. On Paper this team had a chance to be among the best if they had their "best 7" show consistently of Cave,Zer,Grim,Cw,Tirri,Rab,Arz. Unfortunately I'm not sure if those seven ever showed together the same week forcing them to use some decent but not great players like stormrider,ota and qwerty. Fortunately for this Tcox team they were wise enough to not add Flatline to the roster, avoiding The Curse of Flatline.

7. Armageddon - I have heard people say this was some powerhouse roster, but looking at the roster it might be the weakest of all the MWC champions that I listed in this pool. I am glad that Nemesis and Enigman got their mwc ring as they were great characters in the community, but the reality of this team is they have several players on the team that I would not trust making great decisions and no top tier captain to make up for that.

6. SP - Got d0nged to the bottom bracket by "My Team" and eventually squeaked by NC in the bottom bracket finals with and impressive come from behind victory from being down 0-2 and facing elimination. They eventually went on to beat "My Team" which was a team that was beyond stacked, I think My Team clearly had the better roster on paper, but unfortunately I think they had too many active good players forcing them to swap out player too often and limiting their in-game chemistry.

5. TMNT (2013) -

4. BME - Probably my favorite MWC champion because I have ties to Dwarf and Acheron back to the bungie days and I love the massive trash they talked and backed up and the many, many great forum post that came from this. It is pretty hard for me to list this team as they only played in two MWCS as BME and for the second one they added and played liger which all but assured failure.

3. Name Changers 2009 (yes I already switched my mind) - basically me ranking them 3rd after ranking them first just a day ago just shows how great all these MWC champion teams really were. As already stated this team had great heavy hitters and smart players. They pretty much went on to roll through mwc 2009, but I down graded them because I believe this mwc was lacking in competition compared to some of the other ones.

Cop out time - I can not give a definitive #1 so I'm going 1a and 1b

1. The Bulls - Stacked roster that had an amazing trio of heavi hitters with Ghengis (in top form), Kirk and GKG. This team probably strated and prepared better than any other MWC team which lead to some amazing team chemistry. people may argue about the competition of this mwc (which I downgraded NC 2009 for), but The Bulls dominance in the MWC finals over a very good NC roster is one for the ages and warrants them a spot to be tied for the #1 Spot

1. Northern Pallywankers - This team did not lose a match during the entire Myth World Cup, in what I consider the most competitive Myth World Cup from 2004 forward. For the most part this team went on to dominate everyone they played which included a stacked BME team, Strong NC team and a Tcox finalist. If there is any scratch in this teams armor it would have to be against BIA 3 which they ended up winning in dramatic fashion (to say the least). The game 5 loss of BIA 3 to NP is stilll talked about every year during mwc (oh infact it came up yesterday between limp and ew in the lobby LOL) http://www.mythgaming.net/mwc2006/match.php?id=103 films of the series vs BIA.

par73

Post by par73 »

Pretty sure mig capped one or two essential rounds for Armageddon, also Armageddon used the most amount of captains by any team in MWC history, we won our final MWC game with nemesis captaining as a testament to our superiority as competitors that year.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Pretty sure that shows the lack of dominance in that team that you guys didn't have even 1 captain good enough that stood out from the rest.

Giant Killer General

par73 wrote:So how many hours of strategy was developed to beat the Bulls in comparison to how much strategy was developed for the Bulls to beat their opponents?
Okay so now we are going to evaluate teams based on how little they can strategize and still get away with a win? That makes no sense. Maybe they could have done better, maybe not. We can't know. Most teams do not strategize because either they don't fully appreciate its importance and/or because they don't really know how to effectively. This is an indication of their weakness, not their strength.
par73 wrote:NC strategized once (twice?) to play us in the finals.
This is completely made up. NC had strategized just as much as us for that finals. I saw several of them them online for hours multiple times prepping for that finals match, which they had always done for each of their tournament finals in the previous years as well. Care was high on both sides, and both sides did full prep. It was actually one of the few mwc finals matches that featured 2 fully prepared teams, and arguably 2 of the most prepared teams.
par73 wrote:Armageddon played against 3 teams of equal or greater strength 5-8 times in that tournament. Bulls competition was nowhere to be found reflected in a MWC finals performance -1 away from a Sweep.
It is arguable whether or not Dark Horse (the raziel-led team that placed 4th) could be considered a title-contender in that tournament since we were pretty significantly below the rest of the competition. Likewise, Bullz had 2 strong title-contending teams (NC and NP) and arguably a 3rd (happy face I believe, or whatever the bone/dantski team was). So the strength of the competition was relatively the same. Again, you attempt to state our close sweep was an indication of the weakness of competition, when in reality it is an indication of bullz' greater dominance. The NC team from that year was just as strong as the NC team from 08.

The NP team that year was also quite strong (perhaps even stronger than 08, I don't remember what the 08 NP team was), featuring rab, cw, tirri, and gekko. Whether they did prep or not, rab was the captain - one of the best captains of all time, with one of the greatest rosters of all time. And the NP vs Bullz match in the top bracket finals was one of the best matches in mwc history (though we almost swept that match as well).
par73 wrote:Funny how you went for the unbiased approach in that thread and picked every player from the winning team of the least competitive MWC of all time.
Not even sure what you are saying here. Are we talking about mwc10 for some reason now? Or mwc15? Surely you aren't suggesting that mwc11 was the least competitive mwc of all time? That would be just pure trolling.
par73 wrote:Pretty sure mig capped one or two essential rounds for Armageddon, also Armageddon used the most amount of captains by any team in MWC history, we won our final MWC game with nemesis captaining as a testament to our superiority as competitors that year.
Nemesis was never a good captain, and as asmo stated, the fact that there was no clear captain is an indication of their weakness, not their strength.

Edit: Upon review of the mwc11 top bracket finals between bullz and np, I can conclude that Mig does not belong on my top-50 all-time list, it was a very mediocre, even bad performance. Happy to review other top mwc matches with him though if he had any other better performances. Considering mig was on Armageddon for mwc08 though, this is further indication of their weakness as a team. Dante did do better though, so he stays.

Giant Killer General

Asmodian wrote:PS: I would put 2006 NP as the true #1 if I were to redo this list.
It would be close. I would say that we did play a comparable NP team in mwc11 top bracket finals, and we did beat them 4-1 (though every game was close, and it was easily the toughest match I have ever played in). Sure, I guess rabican probably did prepare more in mwc06, but I still don't think that would take away my advantage over rabican as a captain / strategist. And looking at the mwc11 top bracket match, there was only 1-2 maps where strategy and prep became a significant factor, so we still out-BC'd them slightly as well.

The only knock on the bullz is we had no longevity. It was a powderkeg of personalities that wasn't meant to stay together again. It was formed in response to a newly established dynasty team (NC), with the one mission of ending that dynasty. And it was supremely effective in accomplishing that mission.

But if you took both teams in their prime, personally I would give the edge to the Bullz. But regardless of which team to choose, there is no doubt that those are the 2 teams that should be in that debate. Certainly Armageddon does not belong.

I will actually do a review of some of the mwc06 NP films to attempt to provide a more informed / conclusive answer to this question.

wwo

Post by wwo »

I have never seen a sharper drop in care than after NC finally won a mwc. Like, years of blue balls, getting laid, then joining a monastery.

random extra trivia: I would have sex with Missy Elliot.

par73

Post by par73 »

you must be wrong wwo, bulls faced the fiercest variants of nc and np at their peaks

gkg your dumb troll top 50 list i thought was based around peaks, now you are going to say that mwc2011 was apparently mig's peak and it's caused you to subjectively believe you've found conclusive evidence he has no reasoning on the top 50? please. you need to relax, you asked to keep the debates of your list in your thread and I don't need to debate that.

that was the easiest mwc i've ever played in when battling for a finals or the number one spot. im willing to think people gave more of a shit in 2012 to make plans to take Sp out than they did for Bulls, which btw bulls was a team who brought back the care hard and reaped the rewards of being better prepared than any other team in the tournament. if you're going to argue here that NC spent combined brain power in comparison to what time you spent on being able to strategize and captain for bulls, i'm most definitely calling bullshit. you were so prepared for mwc2011 you had "I'm going to make a deadly post" prepared before halfway through the tournament for after we won. my team was a much stronger opponent 2012 than 2011 my team, the number of 'top 50 players' between both teams in the first top 15 of your list is something like 2 for NC and 5 for My Team. but hey lets argue against that because i brought up which teams combined strategized more for bulls/nc, and theres some chance my team stratgegized less. probably the same though, and even if my team did strategize less (probably about the same), they beat sp in the top bracket finals and sp had to win via sudden death.

its pretty funny to me how you frame greatest myth players ever around your personal achievements as a player and captain against specific opponents you've beaten over the years, when i started playing these dudes you list below your name at #1, they were at their peak or already had (aside from ghengis, kirk, east wind) and you were just ordinary in comparison. Please I want to hear more about how competitive myth was at the end of the 2000s decade and throughout the beginning of 2010, maybe I'll start believing it as well.

monty and abs probably have the least reasoning on yur list as they were pretty much handed gloriously overworked and time consuming strategies by their captain and wanted to win enough to listen to it, that's all. meanwhile stormrider somehow lands at 50. without storm capping 06 cox, we never figure our shit out, we don't have mornings spent strategizig, and lose to bia3 or bme .

i remember we actually trolled NC with some meme post making fun of them for taking the effort to strategize against us, so much for encouraging competition at the highest peak of myth skill ever.

par73

Post by par73 »

i'd like to see your top50 variants of the name changer's team for your next list, quite honestly.

wwo

Post by wwo »

Who'd they replace the kirk/gkg power role with after the 1st mwc win?

Giant Killer General

yur all over the place now. this started as an armageddon > bullz statement which I contested. Now you are showing some kind of butthurt going on about all kinds of other shit.
par73 wrote:gkg your dumb troll top 50 list i thought was based around peaks, now you are going to say that mwc2011 was apparently mig's peak and it's caused you to subjectively believe you've found conclusive evidence he has no reasoning on the top 50? please. you need to relax, you asked to keep the debates of your list in your thread and I don't need to debate that.
I'm quite relaxed I assure you. I never said it was his peak, but a good player doesn't just suddenly become shit near the end of an mwc tournament they have been active in. I reviewed some films, and that combined with other reports leads me to believe migraine was not that good. Also, i quite clearly stated this which apparently you were too busy being upset to read:
Giant Killer General wrote:Happy to review other top mwc matches with him though if he had any other better performances.
So you can stop crying about it, and just send me some films if you want and I will look at them. I just quickly looked at the only films I had readily available of him.

the top 50 list is my list, as I clearly stated in the title and intro. It is simply what I think. Go make your own list and leave me off of it, i don't give a shit. you'd rather nobody make any list ever? so butthurt.

If I spent more time prepping than NC, then so what? Even if I spent the most time prepping, they still spent easily the 2nd most time ever prepping. Point is, both teams were fully prepped. They weren't going to get any additional advantage by spending more time prepping.

myteam in mwc12 absolutely was not better than NC in mwc11. Maybe their roster looked very strong on paper, but they did not prep at all. Their entire team was basically a show-and-play team - no prep. I did not see ducky strategize at all in the week leading up to the match, he looked like he just showed up and winged it (which he always did), which is also evidenced by his terrible strategies throughout the match. Furthermore, it is ducky - the captain who cost his team the mwc10 finals because he is such a terrible captain.

Yea, mwc11 was my easiest mwc win too probably, which is reflected by the score and the films, but that's just because bullz was so dominant. NC was the same good NC team from every other year which had been winning nearly every 2-team tournament the prior for the previous 3 years (or at worst, were always in the finals).
par73 wrote:monty and abs probably have the least reasoning on yur list
Monty was easily the most underrated player ever, and in watching both of their performances against top teams / players in multiple high-pressure matches, they proved to be solid. Few mythers can claim such performances, hence they are on the list. In any case, it's my list which is what I think combined with input from informed members of the community. If you have an argument for why someone's ranking should be changed, then it should be backed up with ffiillllmmsss. perhaps other evidence as well, but preferably fffiiillllmmsssss. Yur making statements but have no reasoning or evidence to back it up.

par73

Post by par73 »

kirk didn't win mwc with nc i thought, could have sworn he joined and left after TWS 1 or 2.

could be wrong. he won against nc in the myth world cup finals twice, in 2008 and 2011. armageddon specifically targeted kirk to play after his successful heavy hitting performance for nc in some TWS. I really don't recall kirk ever rejoining them. i'm 100% confident he never played with gkg on an nc team for mwc, if at all ever, i remember bringing them together in 2011 was a personal goal we were able to achieve. I do not recall bringing them "back" together, however.

tws01 was 2008 and played before Armageddon vs House of Tirris, TWS08 was 2009 and played before Butterflies Flying in Formation vs Thundercox (could be wrong, don't think I am).

Giant Killer General

kirk was on NC's TWS08 team which they won against NP. Adren just recently posted the films of that match. I first joined NC for TWS09, which we also won. Kirk and I only ever teamed together for mwc11 on bullz, never with NC.

Zak

Post by Zak »

2011 NP was the worst formation of NP ever I think. That we even had a full squad was a miracle itself. NP never stratted, rab would always ask cw/tirri in planning time what to get.

Giant Killer General

uhm, not true. how is rabican / cw / tirri / gekko / dante the worst formation of NP ever? Who are they missing? The only arguable weaknesses were you and migraine. And paris / other NP would disagree with migraine being a weakness. Hell, that's better than I believe was their mwc03 / 04 finals rosters which were missing at least 2 key players for each of those finals matches (including their very important captain, rabican). And none of the map/games played required a great deal of prep ahead of time, they were mostly BC-focused anyway.

Rabican never stratted - when did he ever strat other than maybe mwc01 and mwc06? Surely rabican is a talented enough captain that he has an idea for how to trade / distribute for the simple bc-focused maps. NP is better with a non-prepared rabican as captain than it is with anyone else who is prepared.

Also, that roster is nearly identical to their roster in the TWS08 finals (which they won handily in games, but lost in SD against NC). The only difference is that instead of dante and migraine, they had orlando the axe, myrk, and ducky.

Did NP have a team in mwc08? If so who was on it?

Maybe you can argue they were rusty or didn't care, or whatever, but a bad "formation" or roster, it certainly isn't.

The mwc03 finals NP roster featured tirri as captain, with fire, trix, xel, creme, redphoenix, zer, and jushius. I would say that is objectively worse just based on having tirri captain alone instead of rabican. But then on top of that they are missing cw, gekko, and dante as well.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I'm not going to dive in this argument other than this.

The NC 11 finals had a roster of: Ska,Limp,Shaister,Eastwind,Samuel,Adrenaline 7th spot they had the choice of: Myrk, Thal & Blade (They kept choosing to play blade in the finals for whatever reason).

Say whatever you want about who you think is better, but those 6 players + 1 other would easily have a chance to win any final by just showing up alone.

If the argument of that roster not being good as good as their other rosters (with the exception of 09) is that Cu wasn't on it then maybe CU should shoot up the top 50 rankings into the top 10.

Zak

Post by Zak »

The np roster got progressively worse since 2006. Even in tws 2008 they had to fill their roster with people like ducky, myrk, ota. 2011 was the worst form of most of those players. They would show up to play mwc, then not play again until their next match, they werent active at all.

Giant Killer General

Again, objectively false since they merged with tcox in 2007, which was perhaps the most stacked team roster ever. So maybe what you meant to say was that it worse after 2007? And what was their roster in mwc08? There was no real NP team in mwc09 or mwc10. Duno if there was any in TWS09 either, and I know there wasn't in nml10. So mwc11 might have been the first comeback NP roster in years, since tws08 maybe.

And just because their roster got worse doesn't mean it was their worst roster ever, as I just proved. They had worse rosters. Basically you are trying to say it wasn't as good as the years they won mwc, which basically every team could say the same thing. Plenty of other years they lost though too.

In any case, watch the films and they played a hard-fought match, and it was easily the toughest match I have ever been in. So it was still a good team regardless. Though NC might have beaten them, NC was also a far easier opponent.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Mwc07 wasnt an np team, it was a tcox team with rab and tirri. The rest of their players were on abs and nc. So yeah, their rosters got progressively worse after 2006

par73

Post by par73 »

People have plenty of lists gkg, get over yourself. I wasn't going to disrespect you in your thread by not posting films, yet making cases, all the while you're begging people to do so to help make your list more objectively accurate and insult them to get what you want. you sought me out, maybe you care what I think. it's more fun for your thread that way? for you? let's talk then, you have my attention.

look, the MoR films for their players would be pretty easy to find, lol, chill out on pretending I'm butthurt. I didn't have to post films for MoR to have them removed, simply made the case of biases and it stuck because it was true.

I definitely think Armageddon played in a more competitive time in 2008 than Bulls did in 2011. 3 Years can make a huge difference, especially with something like 2 meta server changes in that time. Bulls had one opponent in NC which they knew inside out. We both agree that was one of the easiest MWC's to compete in and achieve victory. Your strategical knowledge and understanding of what our opponents (damn straight bulls was made to kill NC) would do because you spent two tournaments makin and arguing strategies with the same minds you would play against gave us a huge advantage in that nature. The only reason we were dominant was because there was only one team to give us a threat at that time, YOU knew them inside out and they fractured your ego hard enough where you felt you had to make a statement.

if we, chicago bulls, had fiercer competition and myth had more care factor and competition in 2011 than 2008, I'm not here arguing your armageddon > bulls contestion. That's all I'm saying, because it did not feel like that at all.

Armageddon won mwc in a whole different fashion and different way to be respected. like i said, we had about 5 players step up as captains that tournament. myself, migraine, cw, magne, nemesis. this made it far more difficult for teams to strategize against us rather than having to play against a single captain's strategy i.e. gkg bulls , shai nc. Armageddon won in spite of rolling the dice and embracing zen and chaos rather than making efforts to maintain a strangle hold on maintaining order and a static chain of demand.

both teams played nc in finals, armageddon winning 4-5 after coming out in sudden death. i was captain of 3 of our losses including some allies great divide assassin pick. I had half the years in experience of myth multiplayer or competitive myth, compared to all of those players who captained Armageddon. Bulls beat NC in the finals 6-1. I imagine the MWC which had a finals of 6-1 was much more competitive than the MWC finals which had Top Bracket Champions lose only to come back in Sudden Death when the teams were allowed to each pick a home map; but wait, I'm not running around in delusion land due to a potential NPD. if NC wins 08 SD, isn't that something like 2-7 in favor of NC? lollers.

there's a good chance that Armageddon team had more dominant results if they didn't let me captain in good match ups at age 17, but then again they had faith in me to do my job even after multiple failures. Great team, great experience, 3 teams that could take us out. We prevailed. You doubt dark horse could have taken armageddon out but when they beat us in the QRs, if I recall correctly, you weren't playing for them. When we rematched them later we won 4-1 or 5-0. gg homie.

i suppose you have a point about monty and absolut, but then again you were captaining the team and making all decisions for them. you had control over that, similar to your top50 list. you put them in a position they were less likely to make mistakes or lose with, and overrate their tournament experience and skill cap based on a single MWC where they were our teammates. a lot of those players on the 50 never had those types of opportunities i think they played maybe one tournament following that and quit, meanwhile you penalize players for longevity and not giving a damn past their prime or what they perceived was the most competitive time of myth for them.

you were rather critical of adren not 'having to think for himself with kirk and shaister around', is that insanely different from abs and monty not having to think for themselves? i'd think not. further more, their performances against "top teams/players" is based off of a tournament where one team would be competing against them and the remaining teams were inactive. you benched honkey or convinced him to bench himself pressuring abs and monty to play as flawlessly as possible, and a supporting cast of great players put them in the position to excel as role players.

you experienced shock and awe when watching their gameplay following orders through a chain of command Captain of and then 2-3 sub-captains per game? hillus. no films necessary, never were. abs and monty probably played more games combined that summer than the entire np roster as a collective whole aside from zak.

Migraine was past his prime in 2011 and 2008, 2008 is probably much closer to his prime than 3 years later when Np is literally playing for their love of the game rather than for a vendetta against a community or specific group of players.

I'd argue TCOX 08 mwc was stronger than Np 2011, both placed 3rd in their respective MWC performances.

if you don't agree with my perspective and fairly valid reasoning behind my support of armageddon or migraine, then let's agree to disagree. it's your choice to value your top 50 the way that you do, without consideration of their opposing competition, not mine. You think Bulls could beat BME 04 ? Cool, you've probably watched their films of playing together over their years while they have watched zero of you, you're probably not wrong.

you have soulblighter, fire, storm, all ranked below monty. fire and storm, both ranked below absolut. i'd rather sit here and shake my head in disbelief you are that audacious to value MWC011 role playing contributions over those players in their contributions when playing for multiple teams over the years. it's really a lost cause.

if I made a top 50 I wouldn't put some emphasis on the imaginary scenario that players are continue to be actively playing and improving to this day and contradict myself in parentheses that there's no emphasis on longevity after it's been created out of thin air. i'd also be throwing FFA and TFFA performances in there. if that rate Tirri is #1 and who cares the rest of the list is irrelevant.

on your list? No longevity penalties? 1v1 2team supremacy?
Chohan. if he was continuing to improve on his dominance rather than not give a fuck after 2004 and quit in 2006, i wonder how many of those 1v1 tournaments and 2team championships you or anyone else on that top 50 would have won. unfortunately for you, you won't ever know. hmm also, thats a few more years of improvement he has under his belt in comparison to yours, or did you make the mistake to recognize that skill cap peaks relative to active competitors over casual competitors. Oh right, in your world there is no skill cap peak aside from you.

chohan invited everyone to a 1v1 invitational for his cash, he won. you invited everyone to a 1v1 invitational your cash, you lost. aside from sunset hosted by TB, have you ever won a 1v1 tournament you haven't hosted yourself? I don't think he ever whined about 5v7 6v7 match ups either but perhaps those are two things I'm actually wrong in thinking here. I stand by my ideas on everything else.

oh and honkey now that I think about it cave and enigman are gonna have to take you on that general manager list! rab too ! we'll fit btt in there, and you can have #5 on my list! it was you who helped create the initial bulls idea and motivate me to pursue gkg and kirk with that dream, dangling the defeat of Name Changers as the prize for our collaborations. I won't ever forget that. It was a blast, still fun thinking back on all those years.

Giant Killer General

Zak wrote:Mwc07 wasnt an np team, it was a tcox team with rab and tirri. The rest of their players were on abs and nc. So yeah, their rosters got progressively worse after 2006
You forgot it had cw too. So half the tcox team is made up of NP's top 3 players, including its captain. I call that an NP/tcox hybrid. It was more NP than any other team. NP did not have any other team. They certainly weren't named NP, and any other NP players on another team could hardly be considered an NP team when it is missing 3 of its top players, including its captain.

And yea paris, not reading all that.

sasper

Post by sasper »

i used to masturbate approximately once per day. but now i only rub one out about every other week. i hope this helps in your thread.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Giant Killer General wrote:
Zak wrote:Mwc07 wasnt an np team, it was a tcox team with rab and tirri. The rest of their players were on abs and nc. So yeah, their rosters got progressively worse after 2006
You forgot it had cw too. So half the tcox team is made up of NP's top 3 players, including its captain. I call that an NP/tcox hybrid. It was more NP than any other team. NP did not have any other team. They certainly weren't named NP, and any other NP players on another team could hardly be considered an NP team when it is missing 3 of its top players, including its captain.

And yea paris, not reading all that.
it was literally the cox team from 2006 + tirri/rab/cw. jushius, xel, and fire went to nc, sb and trix went to ABS. You can call it whatever you want, but NP was split up amongst the top 3 that year.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I didn't realize NC 09 came out of the bottom bracket. I would have to bump BME over them then in my rankings

par73

Post by par73 »

Giant Killer General wrote: And yea paris, not reading all that.
I'm cool with that now that I played for Np in 2007

Giant Killer General

That's true, we did come out of the bottom bracket because we had to play SD in the finals. But I actually don't remember who beat us and how it went down. Someone else from the team would have to chime in on that one. I do wonder if we played undermanned, because I do believe we had weak showings a couple times.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I put NC on the map by winning them their first tournament ever. Then I went on to beat them in every single tournament I faced them in.

Aki

Post by Aki »

par73 wrote:we won our final MWC game with nemesis captaining
damn, that must have been devastating for name changers.

grim

Post by grim »

Certainly the best general manager ever would be the guy who was able to form a team with Cave in it multiple times.

He literally despised nearly every single one of you for the most intriguing of reasons.

DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

Cave was my buddy in 2001.

Then when I came back in 2004, he forgot me. Grim, that hurt. That hurt real bad. I never got over it.

The wound still runs raw to this day, running bloody, luxuriating in its truly disgusting appearance. I tried putting a bandaid on it, but it just got way too bloody.

grim

Post by grim »

Cave wrote::(
:shock:

par73

Post by par73 »

grim wrote:
Cave wrote::(
:shock:
:D

Aki

Post by Aki »

grim wrote:He [Cave] literally despised nearly every single one of you for the most intriguing of reasons.
You're going to need some evidence of "intriguing" reasons. Cave was just a dick who hated everyone except CRC.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Aki wrote:
grim wrote:He [Cave] literally despised nearly every single one of you for the most intriguing of reasons.
You're going to need some evidence of "intriguing" reasons. Cave was just a dick who hated everyone except CRC.
Cave is a pedophile. I also support Honkey 100% in this thread, for someone who sucks donkey dick, to put together a winning team like he did was very skillful.

Return to “Eblis Stone”