I DID IT

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
BIG KROK V8 SS

I DID IT

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I OUTLASTED 6 MONTHS OF HOURLY POPUPS ON MY COMPUTER TELLING ME TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 FOR FREE. ITS JUDGEMENT DAY BABY. TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET IT. KROK NOT UPGRADING. LOL KROK WINS AGAIN GG MYRK

wwo

Re: I DID IT

Post by wwo »

start menu
run

regedit

hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows\windowsupdate

DisableOSUpgrade: DWORD=1

hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows\gwx

DisableGWX: DWORD=1

Boxer

Post by Boxer »

Don't sweat it man, I still get pop ups informing that Windows XP will no longer be receiving updates after April 8 2014.
Isn't Windows ten free because Microsoft is going to charge for updates?

Revan

Post by Revan »

Windows 10 is free because MS is desperate. Also because win10 is easier to control and whatnot and more restrictive. I recall them trying to ban Steam on it so you'd be forced to buy games from MS store.

Win10 can suck it.

wwo

Post by wwo »

M$ missed the boat on mobile, and they've been trying to catch up since 8. Throw in the collusion with government data collection, and a generally ignorant and apathetic user base, and you get W10.

End of support for 7 is 2020. You have 4 years to learn how to dual-boot with Linux.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I don't know any of this computer talk stuff. I want a modern laptop with windows 7 on it. End of support just means what exactly? I could still use it but?

wwo

Post by wwo »

There's "end of support" and "end of life". EoS means that security patches and fixes will no longer be available. EoL means that no manufacturer will consider compatibility as a concern (drivers, hardware, etc).

Return to “Eblis Stone”