Army vs. Aliens (Impossible Co-op to win)

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Brandon_Hex

Army vs. Aliens (Impossible Co-op to win)

Post by Brandon_Hex »

Yes, I used the lure of impossible to win to get you to look.

So I am finished with AvA 5. Even if that game type is not something you are usually interested in, I would hope for the sake of keeping Myth II alive that you give a look. I have made some adjustments to update the classic AvA units and maps. More advanced but kept simple for players to play how they like and not how they have to.

At any rate I did add a 2 part Co-op to it and it uses the Aliens Dark Tide units as the main bad guys along with some Marathon aliens to spice up the adventure. I think it is a lot of fun and probably the best co-op I have ever made for anything gaming. So if you like Co-ops and I am trying to put it out there that AvA 5 is worthy getting for one reason or another.

Just FYI on the co-op player limits

10 player start. Up to 4 additional NPC units join that players gain control of.
Timid= 2 units
Simple= 3 units
Normal= 5 units
Heroic= 6 units
Legendary= shit ton more enemies.
Adaptive in that if 3 players join get +1 extra unit. 4 players, 5 players and a 6th player each all add 1 more unit to any difficulty setting.

There is also a taunt at start to gain extra unit secret... ssshhhhhh. So technically 11 players can start all with one unit.

The trick is more players. If the game gets 10 players or 11 it becomes a slaughterfest of epic proportions that players can more easily defeat even if all that ends up adding like 2000 more enemies to kill.

Oh, yes, leveling up. Unique to AVP units can level up to level 4. By that point a struggle to survive becomes a joy to be able to overkill as you max out on power and it shows. But don't be fooled. I made the damn thing and I never beat it once without a cheat unit I added to tests just to make sure it can be done.

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/ User Uploads/Brandon Hex's Uploads/ava5.zip

That link is udogs and thetain should have it online soon for download there as well. I am on a PC and I packed the file using Winrar and formatted it as otherwise standard .zip file

Thanks all. Enjoy and see you in game.

Return to “Eblis Stone”