MWC2016 Pre-registration

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Lord---Scary Owl

Re: MWC2016 Pre-registration

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

Gods of Myth

Lord---Scary Owl (captain)
Kryptos
SlatE
mikekhan
empy
Killerking
toxyn
ScaryMonster
Arsenal
hadzenegger
Coca-Cola
THOR
mark
RodeKi11 (also captain)

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

As I stated after TWS, I'll lead Syn against whoever wants to show for a beat down. I'm certainly game for a Syn v. whoever match after mwc. That should give you plenty of time to study what I'm doing. It certainly won't matter though, you don't have the secret sauce.

rawr

Post by rawr »

I am disappointed in gkg , he may have been the champion for many years but he definitely doesn't got the heart of one . He loses his first tournament and automatically doesn't want to fight to reclaim his throne . I know and me and my boys have heart . We were defeated several times and we kept coming back .... What a coward ....

Lord---Scary Owl

doesnt matter if he is an awful no spirit winner and you cant win anything but have more spirit and heart.

Just go into this tournament and win it, he wants your attention. It makes him feel better that you all want him to play to make a great tournament. How about you let him do his thing and turn to the rabble that plays this game every day. Help out the common rabble make some teams and maybe you can make a tournament worth it to everyone with you being the big guys and not GKG.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

Well there you have it, rat and I will get together to make arrangements for an all-star match at some future time after mwc and agree upon all the details. I will make an announcement much later closer to that time.

Not sure what you are talking about rawr. Troll harder brah.

Giant Killer General

Oh and rawr, if you (or paris, rat, kilg, or anyone else) is so desperate to play me with all this shit-talk, I am more than happy to log my rusty ass online sometime and still woop any one of you in 1v1. This is myth after all. All this shit-talk flying around about who is better at myth when we can just 1v1. There is no need to wait for weeks to align 16 player's schedules. We can all handle this right now like men mono y mono.

Just let me know brah. It seems like you all could use a good reminder of the fact that I could lose 1000 2-team matches to you all and I would still be the far-better myth player. It kind of begs the question: what exactly are you all talking shit about anyway? That syn took 10 of the most active players that still cared, put them on a team together, and no other team was active enough or cared enough to field a full team of players so they had to play undermanned? Great angle bros.

Personally I never forced an opposing team to play undermanned when it mattered, even when I could have. And even if I did, I certainly wouldn't start talking shit about it afterwards. But I forgot about gkg-math: I count as 2 players, right? Or maybe it is the collection of my team of multiple-time mwc champions that gets counted as having an extra player so it doesn't really "feel" like we are undermanned. Which one of you gets counted as 2 players again? What are you talking shit about again? So pathetic.

Don't hide behind your syn teammates, let's 1v1. Where is your heart at now brah? Who is the coward now brah? Show, or don't show, either way, you lose. LOL.

Lord---Scary Owl

LOL all of this is so good

Love it
KROK 1v1 GKG

thank you GKG/rawr for not contributing to this thread, but making it funny
funny that you all still care this much
only I should be allowed to care this much about a PC game that is having its 18th birthday this christmas

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

WTC the shittiest collection of talent to ever win a 2t tournament is trying hard to validate their meaningless TWS win by trying to follow it up with a MWC win. Sorry boys, if I play in mwc the team I'm on will win. It would be in your best interest to keep quiet so you can get a free win over some LSO created team.

Revan

Post by Revan »

Giant Killer General wrote:Oh and rawr, if you (or paris, rat, kilg, or anyone else) is so desperate to play me with all this shit-talk, I am more than happy to log my rusty ass online sometime and still woop any one of you in 1v1. This is myth after all. All this shit-talk flying around about who is better at myth when we can just 1v1. There is no need to wait for weeks to align 16 player's schedules. We can all handle this right now like men mono y mono.

Just let me know brah. It seems like you all could use a good reminder of the fact that I could lose 1000 2-team matches to you all and I would still be the far-better myth player. It kind of begs the question: what exactly are you all talking shit about anyway? That syn took 10 of the most active players that still cared, put them on a team together, and no other team was active enough or cared enough to field a full team of players so they had to play undermanned? Great angle bros.

Personally I never forced an opposing team to play undermanned when it mattered, even when I could have. And even if I did, I certainly wouldn't start talking shit about it afterwards. But I forgot about gkg-math: I count as 2 players, right? Or maybe it is the collection of my team of multiple-time mwc champions that gets counted as having an extra player so it doesn't really "feel" like we are undermanned. Which one of you gets counted as 2 players again? What are you talking shit about again? So pathetic.

Don't hide behind your syn teammates, let's 1v1. Where is your heart at now brah? Who is the coward now brah? Show, or don't show, either way, you lose. LOL.

Did anyone else read that in Eric Cartman's voice? cartman braaaah!!

shadow

Post by shadow »

Revan wrote:
Giant Killer General wrote:Oh and rawr, if you (or paris, rat, kilg, or anyone else) is so desperate to play me with all this shit-talk, I am more than happy to log my rusty ass online sometime and still woop any one of you in 1v1. This is myth after all. All this shit-talk flying around about who is better at myth when we can just 1v1. There is no need to wait for weeks to align 16 player's schedules. We can all handle this right now like men mono y mono.

Did anyone else read that in Eric Cartman's voice? cartman braaaah!!
As a fan of South Park, I see almost zero connection to Cartman in that post.
And his voice don't suit this text.

Cartman stand up ask for fight like men mono y mono ? LOL

Phos

Post by Phos »

par73 wrote:
Asmodian wrote:Back to the original topic of the thread. I put together a team that would allow for at least 1 more true contender. If no one steps up and makes it then is there even a reason to do a MWC?
But Gee Mr Scrooge, Don't you understand the meaning of Christmas?

maybe this is where we differ in our views for mwc.
14 and 15 had a focus on competition which worked out pretty well with that goal in mind as over half the teams had a shot at winning a few weekends in a row to become champions, but the player pools shrunk as anyone looking to casually join up for mwc with a team would get clunked on and there were not enough casual teams to make their match ups competitive. I used to be one to think if no one stepped up to make contenders, perhaps there is no reason to do MWC.

But MWC was born in the spirit of playing Myth with the friends you made on the game, the competition only came after. I've come to find the opposite is not true. This has become underappreciated over time as some players squandered to find the last breath of competition they would deem worthy for the glory. I think that as long as there is a meta-server that can openly gather groups of people to play Myth, there will always be a reason to do MWC in celebration of that very feat. As long as one enjoys the game of Myth 2, the glory is still there; and I doubt the meta servers will be around forever.

With the 20th anniversary of the games and the tournament in mind, the number of players and teams in MWC have only decreased over the years. Will those numbers ever increase? I think this might have occurred last around 03-06, will it happen this year? Time will tell, let's see who comes out to play some myth.
Hear ye hear! I'm in.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

wow... a lot of drama surrounding this tournament, it seems.

just seeing that i've been signed up on a team, but for the sake of bringing players in i may just blow the dust of my old email contacts and see what kinda rag-tag bunch i could bring back for some games. really don't care about winning tournaments anymore, anyways.

limp

Post by limp »

The Wight Foundation

Limp
Sam
Paris
East Wind
Ghengis
Chron
Flatline
Rabican
Garrick
2Tone
BrokenCow
Thalander
HMP
Captain
ZAK

rawr

Post by rawr »

Lul

Vihaan

Post by Vihaan »

No team will ever be as great as ~∂eer~
Too bad half the squad left after dominating Myth II: Soulblighter.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Limp add me to that team

Reekfish

Post by Reekfish »

any team need a shitty one-baller? >_> I might be able to play

switch

Post by switch »

Reekfish is pro, someone definitely pick this guy up

Alfi

Post by Alfi »

Prophets of Rage

Scratch
Switch
Vihaan
Yolo
VieforPower
Hadzenegger
Reekfish
Alfi
Gabba
Newmutator
Bagrada
Jahral Toad
Bone

The rooster is still open.

Kianon

Post by Kianon »

hey any spots open?
Long time since I played it... but what a coincidence... when that hunger for myth and its toxic community starts to grow, here it is... MWC 2016!
looking forward to join a team. Any spots open, just message me or whatever

Lord---Scary Owl

Ill add you to the Free Agents list as of now

If anyone messages you and add you to a list ill remove you

Its only pre-registration now, registration opens when the website does so you have time

wonka

Post by wonka »

Anybody need some padding?

Lord---Scary Owl

also, I will add you to the free agents

shadow

Post by shadow »

Alfi wrote:Prophets of Rage

Scratch
Switch
Vihaan
Yolo
VieforPower
Reekfish
Alfi
Gabba
Newmutator
Bagrada
Jahral Toad

The rooster is still open.
I finally made it. All my best buds and imposter.

Lord---Scary Owl

shadow wrote:
I finally made it. All my best buds and imposter.
Who's the imposter?

grim

Post by grim »

I think the important question is who the rooster is and why is he still open.

wonka

Post by wonka »

Well played and with probably one of the most terrifying cartoon roosters in existence.

Wank

Post by Wank »

So.. Is syn dissolved with paris leaving and adren 'looking through his old emails'??

Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Wow, 13 pages of gkg and asmo acting like butthurt cowards rattling off as many excuses as possible as to why they can't play myth but can spend hours on end on dusty old forums trying to defend their pathetic egos. Funny how other people come to defend me here while im busy not giving a fuck yet the only one that thinks you or asmo are worth a squirt of shit are yourselves. Yes i won an mwc before anyone knew who you were and when it still mattered to actually win or place as well as countless other tournies. And like i need to defend myself against someone who's main claim to fame is finally becoming good at myth after everyone stopped giving a shit and left.

You were teamless and unwanted in 09 for playing so shitty and acting like a general idiotic idiot the year prior; luckily par gave you a chance on bullz. Anyways just lol bros.

Like I said, show up and get brutalized or don't show up and be as forgettable as you've always been. Either way you're gonna lose.

Giant Killer General

What is even more hilarious kilg is that you are too embarrassed to even say what year of mwc you are trying to claim that you won, LOL. The entire remaining community doesn't even know what mwc you are trying to claim that you won. I guess your mwc win must have been a big secret. Or maybe that is just the proof of your insignificance and delusion.

Just tell us kilg, what year of mwc did you win? Just say it. Oh but don't say it is mwc2005 that you are trying to claim that you won, that would just be the cherry on top of this whole damn thing, LOL.

You keep bringing up bullz for some reason, even though that was only 1 of my 6 mwc championship teams. Maybe you wished you could have been a part of that team? Jealous much?

Ah yes, I should go back to being so forgettable. I wish I could, and I really tried to. But apparently I can't because you, rawr, rat, and paris are here devoting all this time demonstrating how much you all care about me playing in mwc. And it's not just you. Look at all these other people who care enough to write about me playing in mwc or not this year. And its not just on the forums, but in private messages too. I am getting so much attention I am blushing.

Now let's contrast that with you. Of the mwc's that you did not play in, how many players wrote about you not playing? And how many players never blinked an eye about your absence? Oh right... I guess be as forgettable as you've always been bro. Try not to make it look like you are missing me too much this mwc like you are right now, then I can be more forgettable for you, lol.

According to you, everyone that truly mattered in this game quit caring long ago, remember? Except here you are, repeatedly talking shit about how your team is better than my non-existant team in the year 2016. Are you, rat, or rawr really trying to suggest that you are the better myth player than me? Because I haven't seen that claim as part of any of your shit-talking in the last 13 pages of this thread yet. Rat may try to claim that he is the better captain than me now, while rawr and you are now claiming that you have the better myth team now, but I still haven't actually seen any one of you really suggest that any of you is the better myth player though.

So I am a bit confused here, maybe one of you can clear it up for me. Is that what you are trying to suggest? That one, or all of you, is the better myth player than me? If so, by all means please stop dancing around it, be men about it, and just say that straight up. I think we would all like to hear that.

Otherwise it would very much seem like you are all too embarrassed to try and claim such a thing because you know no one here could take you seriously then.
Otherwise it would very much seem like you are all hiding behind your team, when you know you are still inferior players individually.
Otherwise it would very much seem like you have all become supremely pathetic by talking all this shit while simultaneously conceding that I am still the better myth player.
Otherwise it would very much seem like I could lose a thousand 2-team matches to you all and still be widely considered as the better myth player.

I guess when great players like dantski or gekko decide to play on inferior teams, then rawr, rat, and kilg should now start talking shit about them too if their team beats them so that they can further pretend and imply that they were ever the better players, right? This is a new level of low I have not seen in anyone before, but I find it immensely amusing.

On the other hand, if indeed any one of you is suggesting that you are the better myth player over me, then let's just 1v1 sometime to settle it. Less talking, more walking. Back up your words. Otherwise all you are is a team that can only win by using a greater number of players, in an era when all of the other better players stopped playing or caring. Show up and get brutalized, or don't show up. Either way, you lose, LOL.

Phos

Post by Phos »

GKG - Congrats on all of your wins, I have only watched recent films in the past year recently (last year's MWC, and the recent Winter Series), but based upon those films I can say that you are the #1 all-star around in recent history, so props to you for that. I say that based upon strategies, pure bc skills, etc.

You are the better Myth player than me right now, but I dare say that the me from 2000 would have been competitive with you, winning 5/10 games, too bad I'll never know for sure. I'd still enjoy doing a 1v1, even though I'll probably lose 9 out of 10 games now, just to have the experience. Cheers

Phos
jasonphos@gmail.com

Lord---Scary Owl

Phos wrote:I'll probably lose 9 out of 10 games now
Phos
jasonphos@gmail.com

49/50

Phos

Post by Phos »

LSO, just because you can out fetch me doesn't mean you can out myth me, sir.

Lord---Scary Owl

I was just implying that you underestimate GKG, not making fun of your myth skills.

rawr

Post by rawr »

First off let me congratulate all the teams who have signed up for Mwc 2016 . Let me applaud you for keeping this great game alive . I can remember back in 2005-2007 how determined I was to become myth champion and now I am here in 2016 finally reaching my goal . It saddens me to have one of the greats of myth for the last couple years decline a challenge after my crew defeats him . If I known he was gonna act this way I probably honestly wouldn't have continued to play the game .GKGs career in myth reminds me of Kobe Bryant's career in basketball . He was great when he had his run chasing Mwc championships but as he got at the end of his myth career he can't form a squad and no one wants to play with him to compete anymore .. my squad has risen to the ocassion and cleared every enemy in our path. Who will rise in 2016 and defeat us ? Could it be team LSO? Could it be team switch? Could it be Team limp ? Will it be team asmo? Or will wtc/syn continue to stay on top ... Only time will tell .

Rawr The People's Champion
AKA team gKG slayer

Lord---Scary Owl

Syn/WTC is always 1 game ahead of any owl team

TVR vs WTC 4v4: Fall 2015:

WTC - 5 Wins
TVR - 4 Wins

TWS 2016: Myth Pagans vs Syndicate: Winter 2016:

Myth Pagans - 2
Syndicate - 3
Ties - 1

I will try my best to beat you though, I've invited some players to return to myth and shine one last time. Have to wait and see if they respond.

Giant Killer General

uhmm, I'll give you a few games phos if you give me a time I will try to log on then to play a few quick ones. If you are any good then we can play a bit more.

at least phos isn't afraid to 1v1. Too bad we can't say the same for most of the syn squad. Champs? more like chumps. A sad state of myth indeed.

sasper

Post by sasper »

so this is what myth has come to? 5 teams, 95% of whom's players aren't going to show up? depressing RIP myth

Zak

Post by Zak »

has anyone outdone phos in terms of bc since mwc 99? his ratios were sick

Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Well we broke gkg i guess. He just sits on the forums posting paraphraphs of whining and excuses no human will ever read then retreats to the age old "1v1 me gois". You're an embarrassingly whiny butthurt loser and that's about all you'll be remembered for.

Mark my words; when the finals or any interesting games come to be he's going to sit there whining and demanding to sub in for the tourney he could care so little about. Hopefully par just gives him the finger, or let's his crybaby ass sub in just to lose anyway. :D

Giant Killer General

so no year for your make-believe mwc win then? got it. :)

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Syn is not dissolved..

Paris isn't on limp's team. Adren is welcome to check out other avenues. We'll see what happens there.

I TLDR's GKG's last gigantic post after a paragraph or two. Only thing of interest I caught was something about me putting in some type of effort on the forums?

No doubt GKG is the top 1v1'er. However, we're talking about MWC not a 1v1 tournament. I've really no interest in 1v1's, and never really have. There were times when I was 'coming up' where it served a purpose but I couldn't really care less at this point.

limp

Post by limp »

Actually, Paris is indeed on my team.

Lord---Scary Owl

I reviewed some clips from 2013 where gekko out 1v1s GKG on 2-3 maps
just throwing that out there, no doubt GKG is still great

who gives a rip about if GKG wants to play or not, let him decide if this game is even worth it (not trying to defend him). Just worry about how me and THOR will beat the crap out of ratking and his substitute captain (lol) (I will be using Hadzenegger's "Sexi Strats™" on 1/2 the maps unless I feel like doing some real work)

just have fun, thanks to paris' efforts we at least have this tournament. play it as the #1 team if you want syn, that's unless asmo or I beat you

instead of annoying the piss out of GKG about making a team or about being a D***. Go ask other people that have mentioned they might be interested in making a team, like Phos or Father xmas (xmas don't argue st00pid Frenchman, you are going to make a team ;) ). Even if you feel like they will be no competition it will make the tournament better for others, and you can finally be the best rawr :lol: lol jk about being the best

Lord---Scary Owl

also paris is on limp's team

and alfi is actually Zak on drugs

Giant Killer General

so much for that syn dynasty, LOL

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

ME AND ALFI GONNA RUN THE TABLE AND FUCKING DESTROY ALL U FAGS YOU'LL FEEL THE WRATH OF DERP CITY.

rawr

Post by rawr »

So what are the current teams I'm confused

rawr

Post by rawr »

Did Paris team hop on us ? Lol

Return to “Eblis Stone”