MWC2016 Pre-registration

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
par73

MWC2016 Pre-registration

Post by par73 »

Ok let's play some Myth World Cup games. Expect a website soon. If we waited for the website to be fully functional, we would have a minimal time for registration; so let us get the ball rolling with pre-registration of teams in this thread.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzM5ysUtFhg[/youtube]

Start building your teams now. Anyone who registers their team here now will have to re-register on the website, but feel free to direct people here until mwc16.mythgen.com is up and ready for public release. I will advertise all pre-registered teams here and perhaps you will be contacted about players interested in raising your team's flag with you.
Last year we had 5 teams and about 49 players, let's see what this year will bring.

Update 7/8:

List of teams add their players rumored in Pre-registration so far...

AGEHA

Ging
ape
KABUKI
Kao
terry the kid
hiropon
Muse

Caralho Doze Pologadas

Lord---Scary Owl (captain)
SlatE
mikekhan
empy
Killerking
toxyn
ScaryMonster
Arsenal
hadzenegger
Coca-Cola
THOR

The Casuals ?

Asmodian
Gekko
Myrk
Professional Killer
Browning
Wwo

Team DOOM

Cheezefist
Rab
Cu
Tb
Zak
Enc
Elfroid
grim
Aki

Team Glad (Derpageddon)

Revan
Kirk
Ether
Fury
Vihaan
Zoso
Ron (pococopocopo)
VieForPower
Kronin
Wank
Gabba
Souly
Babyshaker
Ryders

Noobs

Phos
LandLock
Ksiaze
Father Xmas
Wonka
Sasper

Original Syn

Ratking
Paris
Lizard King
Rawr
Adrenaline
Evil Jake
Demolition
KROK
Akira
Argos
Wank
Funk

Prophets of Rage

Scratch
Switch
Vihaan
Yolo
VieforPower
Reekfish
Alfi
Gabba
Newmutator
Bagrada
Jahral Toad
Bone

The Wight Foundation

Limp
Sam
Paris
East Wind
Chron
Flatline
Garrick
2Tone
BrokenCow
Thalander
HMP
ZAK

Asmodian

Re: MWC2016 Pre-registration

Post by Asmodian »

Saturday or Sunday games? That's all I would like to know before deciding to play.

par73

Post by par73 »

Both
The fallbacks will be on a Sunday time, but I encourage teams to communicate in/out of matches to play at a time that will field some games. When teams sign up, they should be stating two different times on the weekend that would work for that specific roster. they will be checked and considered when creating the fallback for the matches to be scheduled.

shadow

Post by shadow »

Cool story

ska

Post by ska »

Nice vid parpar :)

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

isn't Asmodian retired ?

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

To the gnashing of teeth and the whimpering of lesser men, I introduce to you the future champions of mwc16:

Original Syn

Ratking
Paris
Lizard King
Rawr
Adrenaline
Evil Jake
Demolition
KROK
Akira
Argos

edit: Our friend Funk will be added to the roster once they open up.

For now our best times to play are SAT@ 2pm or SUN @ 4pm EST.

sasper

Post by sasper »

not sure about admen, but krok's glory days are gone.

sasper

Post by sasper »

kilgrath and paris are the only other ones worth talking about

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Sausage Fest

Asmodian
Ghengis
Gekko
Myrk
Homer
Slate
Wwo
Professional Killer
Browning
Spike
Shadow

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Hy_11HpNk[/youtube]

par73

Post by par73 »

ska wrote:Nice vid parpar :)
Thanks ska! Share it with your friends!

The tournament is in need of threat assessors!
There is a chance that all players will be able to post threat assessments on each individual player's profile page.
In light of that not happening, we will need some designated players put to the task of assessing the threats of the players; post here or message me if you're interested and i'll get back to you when the time is appropriate!

In the event there are players who would like to post dedicated content relating to the tournament, weekly columns will be available for those interested.
MWC is about what the players put into it and how they were convinced to brush off the ol' Myth CD for a few moments of that grand ol' game, these events are as fun as we're all willing to collectively make them.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I'll do some TA's

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

Haven't played in a while. I'll still put a team together to have stock in the tourney.

So far it's just me but I sent out a few messages.

Too bad my favorites gekko and funk are already taken..... :(

DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

Team DOOM

Cheezefist
Rab
Cu
Tb
Zak
Enc
Elfroid
grim
Aki

Introducing our captain - Lord Scary Owl.

Ska was rejected from the team. Didn't mesh well with the other members.

par73

Post by par73 »

that team has original team composition of team hoho (rip)

Lord---Scary Owl

Ok so basically team DOOM would be me on 10 old MacBooks playing everyone at the same time.

sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

This team looks nothing like hoho outside of me and Elfroid. Seeker wasn't on hoho nor were any of these other people. We had Kirk and liger and godcops and shinco. It was a glorious band of the strongest personalities of myth all slapped together.

Stop denigrating the grandeur of hoho, Paris.

Also - seeker. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. This team is exactly what you said it would be and this is unacceptable.

Team DOOM = Dudes Overdosing On Monkeyballs.

LSO you'd better fucking dummy this team to the finals. Otherwise you're dead to me.

Luckily only one other team will register for this tournament so we are in the finals by default.

Now that we're finalists, I need to congratulate our captain who also acted as all our players. Good job LSO. You've been redeemed. Welcome to the cool kids club.

Aki

Post by Aki »

i dummied for hoho with you, tb, against RMA. we beat them 2v7 (although thal and paris played the last couple games too).

sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

That was lolmwc. Hoho actually didn't dummy or cheat as far as I remember.

But yeah - you and me going 2v7 against rma was epic. I'm convinced that you admitted to dummying largely because you wanted credit for your performance in that match.

Good times.

Aki

Post by Aki »

oh yeah, forgot about lolmwc. the bane of ducky's existance.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

DBSeeker wrote:Team DOOM

Cheezefist
Rab
Cu
Tb
Zak
Enc
Elfroid
grim
Aki

Introducing our captain - Lord Scary Owl.

Ska was rejected from the team. Didn't mesh well with the other members.
I wouldn't fuck this team with autumn's fist.

DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

TB - Patience. The pieces are being set. I'm working on getting this done.

Cu's pretty gung ho about this team. Join in the effort!

Zak

Post by Zak »

My favorite memory of team hoho is playing against them while dummying as neo. As hoho realized they were getting their asses kicked the bigger personalities started freaking out. Kirk, liger, and tiger were going apeshit, but then odin amd shinco were whispering apologies to our team. Grim would have had an erection

Lord---Scary Owl

Aside from Team DOOM I will try to assemble a team worth the effort and time to play with.

par73

Post by par73 »

you can only assemble one team for mwc, choose wisley lso !

Helme

Post by Helme »

I'm actually interested in this this year.

/Xel

Lord---Scary Owl

wisley isnt a word par, wisely is

i doubt anyone on team DOOM would actually play in this tourney

Lord---Scary Owl

If DB can actually get anyone on that team to play, I will, but that wont happen in the next/last 3 years

Lord---Scary Owl

Also, what date is this supposed to start?

rawr

Post by rawr »

Gkg , where you at ? Stop hiding....

rawr

Post by rawr »

Tmnt... Come out to playyyyyy

rawr

Post by rawr »

bia come outtttt to playyyyyyy

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

rawr wrote:Tmnt... Come out to playyyyyy
trying to never win a mwc? TMNT would add a third win to its name easy.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

A paris-run mwc? I think I would rather shoot myself in the testicles. Yea no thanks, I'll pass. Not that I was really interested in any case.

Go get your first mwc win rawr. You deserve it.

par73

Post by par73 »

I heard something similar when it came to TWS and then there you were

Cya soon bud ;)

Giant Killer General

And I seem to recall you trying so hard to prevent my participation with made-up rules because apparently you would have preferred to have a finals match for your tournament that was 5v7 instead of 6v7. I would just love to put myself through all of that unnecessary drama again. Obviously you would rather I don't play anyway judging from that situation, and I am more than happy to oblige that desire.

Good luck with your tournament.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Yeah, give it a month before GKG gets sick of flaunting his dad bod at the nude beach and comes indoors to myth and refuge.

Lord---Scary Owl

yeah GKG make a team and destroy us again

Wank

Post by Wank »

I take my lack of invitation to syn as a personal vendetta to stop my undefeated in mwc gameplay status / I will champion for GKG's to keep rawr winless in mwc. Asmo want me as least populated team?

Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

These cowards get smoked in Tws by people that could really care less vs their full care mode squad and now it's "I don't really wanna play you guys unless asmo is creating dummy team and running the worst MWC's myth has ever seen, blah blah blah"

Besides dipshit, didn't paris give you the second chance you needed with the bullz after you were shunned by literally every team the previous mwc for your shitty play/personality? You really ought to thank him instead of acting like a butthurt obnoxious ungrateful little bitch. (:

Post your fifth retirement speech and get the fuck out or sign up and get your shit kicked in, sub for asmo again and get your shit kicked in, any way it goes you're gonna lose.

Here, I'll post your retirement speech for you:

"Showed up for the death of myth long after everyone quit/stopped caring and was finally able to compete and win something. The end."

Hadzenegger

Post by Hadzenegger »

iso a team thatll capt outrageous-dont-give-a-fahk strats that somehow pulls out a victory on one or two maps

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Wank, nothing personal we just didn't see you towards the end of the tourney. Lets get you and anyone else we missed added to the team once rosters open back up.

A hypothetical TMNT v Syn wouldn't be possible as I played for both teams. That said, today Syn is the team to beat. We will undoubtedly smoke any team that signs up. I'm sure several people will post objections, as is their right. However their words will be fruitless without something to back it up. If you want any legit claim to talking trash you had better show up and win.

Giant Killer General

kilg so mad. lulz. hey kilg, at least you can get your first mwc win now. Pre-congrats bro.

Now let's hear some more chest-thumping over winning a couple 6v7 matches. Syn so strong brahz.

Some people are trying to convince me to do another all-star type match again. I am open to the idea if the community's interest is there. Not too keen either way though otherwise. Definitely not doing a paris mwc. Maybe after mwc.

Or let's make it speech #6 for kilg. Hey goiz, I'm retuirred.

If you want me to play, you can come convince me to do an all-star match. Judging by all the attention I am getting here for no apparent reason, you guys need me way more than I need you. Without me, your tws win would have been some embarrassingly irrelevant 5v7 match. My participation is the only reason any of you feel good about that win. You can thank me later.

rawr

Post by rawr »

LoL :lol:

rawr

Post by rawr »

Man all I hear is excuses coming from gkg... You are like Lebron now brah all that power but can't win no more tournies... LUL

par73

Post by par73 »

Giant Killer General wrote:kilg so mad. lulz.

hey kilg, at least you can get your first mwc win now.
I guess the topic at hand is worth enough attention to return to the forums and edit after you make a post? :P

Let's reminisce on TWS 2016...

Predictability is an interesting concept, one learns not to rely on it unless the odds are significant in favor.

I thought about how could I improve the tournament from my previously hosted TWS in 2014 I added a deadline for team rosters, noting how easy it was for players to be goaded into playing by current participants as TWS2014 had open rosters throughout the tournament.
When originally drafting the schedule for TWS, this roster deadline would occur at the start of the first match following the elimination of the 2nd eliminated team, and take place over the course of about a week; due to the way the schedule changed, the time period between the elimination of the 4th place team and the first match following that elimination became a period of time less than an hour.
Almost 2 years to the day the same "goading" situation happens between, low and behold, the same players in 2014, and the player not involved with the tournament suddenly wants to show up and kick the other's ass in some team games of Myth 2.

Were the rules made up GKG, did they not exist? At the time you admitted you had not looked at the rules for the tournament, so whether you knew they existed or not becomes fairly irrelevant. Obviously if you were interested in actually playing or winning the event, you would have read the rules the first time Asmo signed you up to play for his team (and not asked to be removed from his team after being added to it).
The roster sizes were at 14 players maximum, enough to field 2 teams... there's a sub system... should there be pity for Vaal fielding less than 7 for each match? Not in my book, but I let you play and rejoin their roster regardless. You had an opportunity to sub for their team whether you were re-added to their roster or not.
As a TO, I do not care how many players show up for their respective teams in tournament finals, that's not my job, that is the job of those team's captains. Thundercox and BIA2 are at fault for the, "half played" with "half of their team" 4v5 legendary finals fiasco of MWC2005, one does not blame Maddog of RMA.

You can go and pretend its personal, but the reality is I personally (along with others) wanted you to play and it was the integrity of the rules that said you shouldn't. Those same "rules", as you've stated, were made up to you, maybe that is why you could not fathom they existed. Logic said, "GKG does not want to play in a Par-TO'd tournament". Yet judging by the way you and Asmo defensively responded when I told you he added you illegally after the deadline, I could tell you wanted to play as a member of their roster and had simply made a mistake of not knowing about the deadline. I obliged. All of that unnecessary drama could have been avoided had GKG not initially asked to be removed from their team, which in light of their scheduling difficulties, made little to no sense. Good riddance to unnecessary drama.

The best part of the All-star events is that you know they will be guaranteed 7v7, 8v8 events taking place on one specific date; this is not the case with weekly scheduled tournament styled games where the rosters and participants can vary week-to-week.

Although we'll be missing what you could bring to the table for MWC, we still have more than plenty to eat. Hopefully the event can provide opportunities for your color commentating and help you hand pick who you'd like to play with and against in the potential All-Star match. Good luck with that potential event, as well.

And remember folks, if you're interested in MWC, don't bring unnecessary drama that can be avoided by reading the rules !

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Just had to stop by and say say it's hilarious that a WTC team is talking like it's top dog now. That's how you know that Myth is at it's all time peak in skill :lol:

Giant Killer General

Omgosh rawr, that's like, totally hilarious, because all I hear are a few people riding my nuts raw dawg. That shit is starting to chafe.

I already won myth a long time ago, don't need no more tourney wins brah. Did you forget that I have 6 consecutive mwc wins, while you and kilg each have 0? LOL. Let me know in 5 years if you start getting close to that number after beating LSO's team in the finals every year, then you can shit-talk about tourney wins without me falling on the ground and dying of laughter (actually I still would obviously, LOL). If you are going to try to troll me into playing, you are going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that.

Oh and nice attempt paris to justify your desperation in clinging to made-up rules. You wanted me to play but you also tried to ban me from playing? Which one is it? You are contradicting yourself. Even your own teammates can't defend you on this (and they are just happy they walked away with the win regardless). Nobody is buying the bullshit you are selling.

The real story is this: you "obliged" only after being threatened by the finalist team to boycott the finals match as you tried to force them to play 5v7 without me. Apparently you forgot that the TO of an 18-year old computer game tournament with only a dozen or so competitive players left has no real power, and just needed a friendly reminder. And this is not the first time. It is a recurring pattern for you in each of your tournaments as my teams have had to repeatedly give you such reminders leading up to the finals in response to whatever new bullshit you are trying to pull at the time under the guise of being the "TO." Kind of an important detail you missed there. So you didn't "let me play." I let myself play.

I guess that's the difference between you as a TO and nearly everyone else that has ever TO'd tournaments though. Everyone else's priority is to just make sure the matches are competitive and fair (especially for the tournament finals) to preserve the integrity / legitimacy of their tournament, which also helps to support the long-term continuation of the competitive community which has been in decline for some time. You prioritize shitty made-up rules to ban competitive players from participating so as to force 5v7 matches to your team's benefit, even for the tournament finals. As you said yourself, you don't care how many players show up. Such a great attitude to have as a TO. And apparently you don't even care about those that do show up if they didn't follow your "rules" (and even if there are no complaints and everyone else wants them to play). Nice call bro.

Anywho, just wanted to clear that up for everyone. It's always a nice TO job when a finalist team has to threaten to boycott the finals match of the tournament. Another quality, paris-run, tournament experience for the players. I am sure everyone can look forward to more of the same for this MWC.

switch

Post by switch »

It's not like Ska and Dantski weren't on Vaalbara GKG. In fact, Asmodian had wwo, Chron, bone and PK on the roster. I wonder why all these players failed to show for their team? Could it have something to do with leadership decisions made by the Vaalbara commanders?

Return to “Eblis Stone”