The Gauntlet Team Registration opens June 26th

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
par73

The Gauntlet Team Registration opens June 26th

Post by par73 »

I'm having a little trouble bringing all of the features to The Gauntlet that I had desired.
Regardless, a makeshift The Gauntlet website is now up and active folks! Unless I can get some extra assistance, I won't be able to bring all of the features to the participants and observers that I had wanted. Regardless, I don't want this to run deep into MWC season when we should be celebrating Myth's Greatest Tradition at that time!
Head on over to https://thegauntletsite.wordpress.com/ to check out the action.
Myself and the other organizers involved would love to have those interested in providing their support or input as content creators or bracket hosts/facilitators, please contact me!

If you're looking for a place to talk about the tournament with others, please go to the following link (I will be updating this daily throughout the registration process):
https://discord.gg/0rwel1MPlIUtlhfy NEW
I suggest creating an account on discord so you may reenter the discussion at any time.
Use the discord chat to post messages in regards to looking for a team or complaining about map picks.

If you're looking to register yourself/your team head on over to https://thegauntletsite.wordpress.com/contact/ and fill out the required forms to place your entry in the 500$ contest of carnage!
The data collected in these entry forms will help shape the times and schedules used during the tournament
When does registration end? It's tentative, but registration for the tournament will likely end May 15th, with less than 48 entries this pits the finals of the tournament to take place June 14th or 15th, the weekend before Father's Day is celebrated.
That is correct, the 500 dollar prize has been reconfirmed to be secure and awaiting champions. Will you be one?

If there are more than 48 entries (8 brackets) registered there will be a qualifying round before the beginning of eliminations. This tournament is the style of qualify/win or go home and fairly concise, lasting no more than a month unless there is a QR in which it will be 5 weeks.

If you are thinking about entering solo to earn the 500$ cash prize for yourself, please consider being able to make each round scheduled (which will be the 4 or 5 weekends following the end of the registration period).

If you are thinking about creating a team to earn the 500$ together, please consider each other's schedules so that at least one player would be present for each round scheduled. The cash prize will be sent via PayPal to the team's captain which will be designated by the player who creates the entry.

Elimination will be final except under the conditions of
  1. a) a designated qualifying round due to a large number of entries,
    b) an entry whom qualifies for a future round posts they/it are/is unable to make their scheduled appearance,
    c) an entry does not show for a future round and a substitute plays
    1. 1) given priority by rank on the website, and cannot subsitute more than two rounds in a row;
      2) Placeholders are also allowed to fill out games when there are no substitutes available; Everyone who places below the placeholder in a game is counted as placing one higher, as if the placeholder did not exist.

par73

Re: The Gauntlet Team Registration opens June 26th

Post by par73 »

in light of producing the best tffa tournament possible for all participants, i'm postponing registration until june 26th!

the tournament will begin July 23rd and end August 20th. keep it in your minds.

Return to “Eblis Stone”